• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Is that based on something or is it an original? Very cool looking.

Don't forget the distribution is waaay better now. There are 3 complete sets in a box now. I prefer LEGO store because I know I can get a full set if I have the time because I can always ask them to open a new box. I think the shelf "case" at my LEGO store holds about 2 boxes.

And the thirst continues.

I love this hobby!

neonglow

Don't forget the distribution is waaay better now. There are 3 complete sets in a box now. I prefer LEGO store because I know I can get a full set if I have the time because I can always ask them to open a new box. I think the shelf "case" at my LEGO store holds about 2 boxes.

2 in a box was bullshit. I'm glad the 30 pack boxes were a failure.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hahaha are you new to the thread? We all are. :p

Honestly though, I know we'll get them at work on Oct 1st, but we're limited to 16 just like everyone else. I like to have a little wiggle room and pick up some from other places in the event I screw up and get two of the same from work.

Plus if the Simpsons line was anything to go by its going to be just a total nightmare trying to get a full set from work, standing in the corner of the store crowded by everyone else trying to feel out each figure before they're all gone.
I've never been to the LEGO store on CMF release days... always wondered how bad it got. I usually luck out and get them at TRU or elsewhere a couple weeks before release. But since the packs are 50% off for you it's worth the hassle of waiting and competing. How many boxes of CMF do you guys get for launch days anyway?

Dude. Dude.

in6pMrFcaFA2a.gif

I've never been to the LEGO store on CMF release days... always wondered how bad it got. I usually luck out and get them at TRU or elsewhere a couple weeks before release. But since the packs are 50% off for you it's worth the hassle of waiting and competing. How many boxes of CMF do you guys get for launch days anyway?

I have no idea, hopefully a lot? October 1st is a Wednesday right? With any luck we'll still have some by the time I get through at my other job and have a chance to run over there.

Rootbeer

Banned
Cool. Definitely interested in Holiday Set 2 so the calendar is a bonus. Includes special offers, coupons maybe? That would be nice.

Is there anything actually releasing in November though? Oct has a few things and I know we'll see some Jan 2015 stuff show up in December, but does Nov hold any goodies? Other than, I suppose, the Turkey holiday build.

Rootbeer

Banned
Kind of insane how much Bunny Guy CMF is selling for. Wouldn't have thought he was all that rare, but he sells for more than some of the Series 1-3 figures, even the unque looking ones like the Goriilla Guy. Kind of makes me happy since Bunny Guy was one of the first CMF I ever bought in a blind pack.

Exclusive set reveal on November 21st = Slave I finally?

Maybe? It would seem weird for those pics to leak online if it wasn't coming out soon. I really hope it is Nov or Dec, with the new Star Wars Rebels show airing it would be nice timing to get another Star Wars OT set on the shelves.

Ponn

Banned
So basically check back on Black Friday for all the deals for the month. That calendar is interesting, wonder if its a high quality one or just like a cheap foldable paper poster thing.

I really need Santa's Workshop and all these bonus sets really fit in with it.

Kind of insane how much Bunny Guy CMF is selling for. Wouldn't have thought he was all that rare, but he sells for more than some of the Series 1-3 figures, even the unque looking ones like the Goriilla Guy. Kind of makes me happy since Bunny Guy was one of the first CMF I ever bought in a blind pack.

Maybe? It would seem weird for those pics to leak online if it wasn't coming out soon. I really hope it is Nov or Dec, with the new Star Wars Rebels show airing it would be nice timing to get another Star Wars OT set on the shelves.

It's because people like me bought a whole bunch of bunny men with no plans to sell them. :) If we're talking $20, I need to count my bunny men. If I have double digits, I may be inclined to part with a few.

I personally expect the bunny ear mould to make a return eventually as an Easter set or something. They would make it different though with new printing on the minifig or change the color.

EDIT: Looks like I need to watch Pacific Rim. It's on my to watch list, just have a huge backlog of movies and LEGO to contend with.

Dickless is perfect, Dana is perfect, Tully is very very good... but I think his eyebrows are off, slightly. Maybe rotate them so instead of looking happy/surprised he looks worried?

That's how Rick Moranis eyebrows are when he makes faces. Do a quick image search. His eyebrows are usually more covered by the glasses so they should be lower. I can understand why wetwired chose to not obfuscate the eyebrows with the glasses though. It would be very hard to look good being the same color.

2 birds, 1 stone

I'm packing 1 bird in nest and 2 stones. ;)

Good idea. I want to watch it with my kids though. It's hard finding movies we both will enjoy, but he's getting older so it's getting easier.

I definitely do the 2 birds, 1 stone thing with the movies my kids and wife don't want to watch.

:( @ no holiday Pick-a-Brick box this year.

I was thinking the same thing, but pushed that thought aside thinking it was the December calendar. I just checked and it was Nov 1 - Dec 24 indeed. :(
Perhaps demand for LEGO stuff is so high, they don't need to or can't supply PAB well enough.

That will make me spend less at LEGO store unless they have some other surprise deals lined up in December.

PSA: Take with a grain of salt, but I believe Oct is also the month they introduce new PAB elements again. I think it's updated on quarterly basis. This will be good in Oct for CMF series 12, double points, and free XMas set with $$$ purchase.

ghostmind

I wonder if this calendar is complete, as there is no monthly model build, nor Club meetings listed.

Here's another version:

tWQ3US2.jpg

Then there is this, from Brickfan:

"It is not listed on the calendar but there will be a Monthly Mini Build event on November 4. The build for this month is a Rocket (40104) with a launching pad.

Update: I’ve had a couple of comments regarding the lack of Pick-A-Brick boxes from previous years on the November 2014 Store Calendar. I’m been told from a trusted source that LEGO will not be doing that this year (at least here in the US). This is probably because of the new changes that were made to the Pick-A-Brick wall including a price increase for the cups and new elements being added every quarter and it wouldn’t be financially feasible for LEGO to be giving out “free” bricks."

4F7fR3r.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm willing to forgive the lack of the free pick-a-brick if my local store would at least stock the damn wall!

It's always half empty when I go. always.

Ryuuroden

I wonder if this calendar is complete, as there is no monthly model build, nor Club meetings listed.

Here's another version:

tWQ3US2.jpg

Then there is this, from Brickfan:

"It is not listed on the calendar but there will be a Monthly Mini Build event on November 4. The build for this month is a Rocket (40104) with a launching pad.

Update: I’ve had a couple of comments regarding the lack of Pick-A-Brick boxes from previous years on the November 2014 Store Calendar. I’m been told from a trusted source that LEGO will not be doing that this year (at least here in the US). This is probably because of the new changes that were made to the Pick-A-Brick wall including a price increase for the cups and new elements being added every quarter and it wouldn’t be financially feasible for LEGO to be giving out “free” bricks."

4F7fR3r.jpg

Yeah, pretty much what I heard. Bet there won't be triple points day either. If they do it, it will probably be select non exclusive sets or something. Fewer and fewer reasons to actually go to the Lego store during the holidays with every passing year.

neonglow

Make a $99 order from Oct 1 -31! And if Set 2 is anything like Set 1, they are both going to be must haves to combine with the Santa's Workshop or other winter sets.

October-2014-LEGO-Store-Calendar.jpg

I'm gonna be putting in a bunch of orders on Wednesday:

Order 1: Parisian Restaurant
Order 2: Palace Cinema
Order 3: LEGO City & Star Wars Advent Calendars + random stuff to reach $99

Me, I'll be ordering the CMF if they appear, but I'm probably waiting until the 15th for the Hobbit stuff (if that appears).

Also, I heard some time ago that Lego will be opening their first brand store in Sweden next year. I don't know if I'll still be working regularly in Stockholm by then, but I'll be sure to drop by when I'm in town.

DemiMatt

I'm gonna be putting in a bunch of orders on Wednesday:

Order 1: Parisian Restaurant
Order 2: Palace Cinema
Order 3: LEGO City & Star Wars Advent Calendars + random stuff to reach $99

TWINSIES!

Except for . . .

Order 3: Santa's Village + other Holiday stuff

wetwired

That's how Rick Moranis eyebrows are when he makes faces. Do a quick image search. His eyebrows are usually more covered by the glasses so they should be lower. I can understand why wetwired chose to not obfuscate the eyebrows with the glasses though. It would be very hard to look good being the same color.

yeah it was a toss up between raising them higher or getting rid of them completely, when they're lower they just merge in with the glasses and turn into a giant blob.

This was the expression I was going for (I actually spray painted a lego skateboarding helmet to attempt the collander thing on his head but I couldn't figure out how to do the wiring so I just went with hair)

Louis-Tully.png

I need to find my spare DJ collectible minifig so I can use the hair with the headphones so I can make him into a ghostbusters from ghostbusters 2

louis-tully.png

Might have to pick up the Christmas set for this year.....makes me mad that I've missed some of them.

I accidentally have two winter village bakeries. I wonder if it'd sell for enough to let me buy an out of print set...I'm not even sure if it is out of print itself.

Might have to puck up the Christmas set for this year.....makes me mad that I've missed some of them.

I accidentally have two winter village bakeries. I wonder if it'd sell for enough to let me buy an out of print set...I'm not even sure if it is out of print itself.
It is.

PM me if you want to sell/trade.

Ponn

Banned
So I budgeted my bills and if I order the Wizard mixel tribe, the slime tribe, the Halloween bat set and Santas Workshop on Oct 1st that will leave me with exactly $15 till my next check in 2 weeks.

is this a good idea or a great idea?

edit: oh and also Brick Show finally put up their review of Lonely Mountain. It's still very pricey but damn my opinion of that set has improved. Lots of cool pieces, makes a pretty good display and that dragon, DAT DAMN DRAGON! mmmmmm Yes I would have preferred a brick built Smaug but this is pretty damn good looking and is huge. That tail, that head sculpt and paint job, those wings, beautiful wings.

Ryuuroden

So I budgeted my bills and if I order the Wizard mixel tribe, the slime tribe, the Halloween bat set and Santas Workshop on Oct 1st that will leave me with exactly $15 till my next check in 2 weeks.

is this a good idea or a great idea?

edit: oh and also Brick Show finally put up their review of Lonely Mountain. It's still very pricey but damn my opinion of that set has improved. Lots of cool pieces, makes a pretty good display and that dragon, DAT DAMN DRAGON! mmmmmm Yes I would have preferred a brick built Smaug but this is pretty damn good looking and is huge. That tail, that head sculpt and paint job, those wings, beautiful wings.

OK wow, that Smaug is pretty impressive I must admit. They did a smash up job on him being not brick built and all which all of us would of preferred. Honestly, I think I can live with this. Those wings man, are amazing, I may need to get 2 eventually.

I bought the purple mixels and assembled their Max form... now I want to buy two of every tribe, one for parts and one for Maxing.

This is a dangerous hobby...

Zerojul

I bought the purple mixels and assembled their Max form... now I want to buy two of every tribe, one for parts and one for Maxing.

This is a dangerous hobby...

I wish I had done that for Series 1 and 2, now they are ridiculously overpriced everywhere around here. I won't make the same mistake for series 3 :)

Also, getting that Lonely Mountain set for that amazing Smaug if anything.

Edit : Lately I love my mailman :

Now I'm through with OOP Winter Village sets. Waiting on the October promo for the free mini Winter set to get Santa Workshop :)

Ponn

Banned
I wish I had done that for Series 1 and 2, now they are ridiculously overpriced everywhere around here. I won't make the same mistake for series 3 :)

Also, getting that Lonely Mountain set for that amazing Smaug if anything.

Edit : Lately I love my mailman :

Now I'm through with OOP Winter Village sets. Waiting on the October promo for the free mini Winter set to get Santa Workshop :)

Oh so jealous. Congrats, thats the one oop set i really want but cant justify spending that much. Really want that christmas tree.

And eight hours later I emerge from a MOC constructing haze and realize that I'm starving. And instead of doing something about it, I go to post on a forum...

I'm making a really cool build, but it's for a competition so I'm pretty sure I can't show it off yet. Which is going to be really annoying.

And eight hours later I emerge from a MOC constructing haze and realize that I'm starving. And instead of doing something about it, I go to post on a forum...

I'm making a really cool build, but it's for a competition so I'm pretty sure I can't show it off yet. Which is going to be really annoying.

PMs could work. Hint.

Krilekk

Banned
Wen't to my first official LEGO Store today in Munich. Got some minifigs, the new seasonal sets but most of all I got to see the Seacow in person. Damn that is the slickest biggest most detailed LEGO ship I've ever seen. It's so beautiful. It looks strange on pictures, like it's too high for its length. But that thing is just right and so so big. Like two R2s next to each other. The new winter set is gorgeous as well. And they were looking for employees, too bad I live 250 km away. Seacow for double points it is. It just blew me away.

Wen't to my first official LEGO Store today in Munich. Got some minifigs, the new seasonal sets but most of all I got to see the Seacow in person. Damn that is the slickest biggest most detailed LEGO ship I've ever seen. It's so beautiful. It looks strange on pictures, like it's too high for its length. But that thing is just right and so so big. Like two R2s next to each other. The new winter set is gorgeous as well. And they were looking for employees, too bad I live 250 km away. Seacow for double points it is. It just blew me away.

sweet, that makes me all fuzzy and warm inside thinking about building it some day as it's simmering in my backlog right now.

Ainaurdur

The ever present debate on responsibility and going into debt for the love of Lego.

Wednesday I know I will be placing one order for Orthanc.
But also pondering how much I want both R2-D2 (One of the oldest sets still in production that I want.) and the Sandcrawler (I know I can wait on this.) as two more separate orders.
I should probably hold off for something better than the Double Points on at least the Sandcrawler...

Ryuuroden

Got some updates on my Orthanc. I finished the lighting on the basement and first floor as well as the floors themselves. Will be starting on the 2nd floor tomorrow and I am excited that I will finally be moving beyond the current outside walls. There are 9 LED's so far in the MOC. 5 in the basement and 4 on the first floor.

EDIT: Lol, of course its at the end of the page, on purpose to hide it >.>

Top Bottom