• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

We have it at my store ready to go. Not sure why the online shop doesn't have it.

My store was being coy about it when I called earlier today. Said they heard of the promotion, but had not received any sets as of my call time.

After the way they botched the BttF launch, I'm not inclined to believe them, so I'll be at the store at opening time tomorrow.

My store was being coy about it when I called earlier today. Said they heard of the promotion, but had not received any sets as of my call time.

After the way they botched the BttF launch, I'm not inclined to believe them, so I'll be at the store at opening time tomorrow.

What promotion?

Krilekk

Banned
Just came back from TRU.

Lego Lone Ranger Mine 40 % off
Lego Lone Ranger Stagecoat Escape 50 % off
Lego Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler 50 % off
two series 4 Star Wars minisets for 50 % off

All for less than 100 €, I'm happy. Sadly no new mini figures which was the reason to go there in the first place. :D

Ryuuroden

If anyone is planning on going to the glendale california LEGO Store, as of a brickwall update from 13 hours ago, they have 2x2 dark tan tiles. I would be interested in a large cup of them.

chidrock

Any impressions on the house yet? I figured that they would've had some employees put them together for displays by now, but I didn't see anything anywhere.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Since I've started reading this thread I've built up a little LEGO collection on my desk at work, all started because of wetwired's Tumbler!

DXByUea.jpg

I'm going heavy on minifigs and small pieces as they're easier to keep on my desk, haven't got anything larger than the helicopter from the chopper showdown set and the speedboat from the Iron Man one, but I think when I finally do take the plunge I'm going to go for the non-UCS X-Wing set. I'd love to have the Red Leader one but definitely can't afford it while saving for a house, the smaller one will have to do! A slight bias at the moment towards Super Hero figures, mainly because I know once I start on the Star Wars stuff I'll never stop... Just thought I'd share!

Woot! All hail the Sea Cow!

LEGO's part ordering system is back online and they now sell the riggings that used to be on the Imperial Flagship. And not just that, they also have the medium brown mast pieces in store!

So my ship will be pretty much perfect in just a little while. All thanks to the new pirate monstrosity.

rataven

Heading out to my local Lego store in a few. Tried calling to see how many sets they got, but no answer so I figured I might as well get there when the store opens. Fingers crossed!

Since I've started reading this thread I've built up a little LEGO collection on my desk at work, all started because of wetwired's Tumbler!

DXByUea.jpg

I'm going heavy on minifigs and small pieces as they're easier to keep on my desk, haven't got anything larger than the helicopter from the chopper showdown set and the speedboat from the Iron Man one, but I think when I finally do take the plunge I'm going to go for the non-UCS X-Wing set. I'd love to have the Red Leader one but definitely can't afford it while saving for a house, the smaller one will have to do! A slight bias at the moment towards Super Hero figures, mainly because I know once I start on the Star Wars stuff I'll never stop... Just thought I'd share!

Are you me? I mostly collect minifigures and small sets (I have all the custom minifigures series) and now me and my son are collecting the Marvel LEGO Minifigures. LEGO Hulk's Hellicarrier Breakout is a good starting point for collecting The Marvel Super Heroes minifigures, heck all my Super Heroes Marvel minifigures are posing around that build. I also have the non-USC X-Wing set and I can't not recommend it enough, it's a FANTASTIC build, go for it.
BTW, I also keep all my duplicates at my desk at work! Wanna fight?
photoo0u5e.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Are you me? I mostly collect minifigures and small sets (I have all the custom minifigures series) and now me and my son are collecting the Marvel LEGO Minifigures. LEGO Hulk's Hellicarrier Breakout is a good starting point for collecting The Marvel Super Heroes minifigures, heck all my Super Heroes Marvel minifigures are posing around that build. I also have the non-USC X-Wing set and I can't not recommend it enough, it's a FANTASTIC build, go for it.

Haha, awesome. At one point, inspired by someone here, I was going to get all the Avengers minifigs but after realising that a couple of them were only in pretty big sets I put that on hold. I think my next purchase is definitely going to be the X-Wing or the Delorean. I have a Marty McFly I found in the build-a-fig section of a LEGO store, but I'd love the full set as BTTF is one of my all-time favourite films. But then again, so is Star Wars!

Haha! If you've ever been to a comic convention or a nerd convention, especially with a giant Jabba the Hutt statue, you'll get a LOL out of this. He has a few more shots in his photostream.

Usually there's a lot more "photographers" around the bevy of slave girls.

FANCON ‘13 by Dodge..., on Flickr

Rootbeer

Banned
Simpsons house ordered online... I need a break from these LEGO store trips. I always end up spending way more than I intended. :) Looking forward to (hopefully) getting it next week.

In the meantime I have a pile of stuff to build. Gonna do some Movie stuff and the Ariel set I picked up.

rataven

Just back from the Lego store. Mine received about 40 sets, and didn't expect to sell out of them for at least a week. Quite a few people were there when they opened though. A week seems generous!

adSHz5Wl.jpg

Anyway, glad I picked this up; we're supposed to get another 8 inches of snow over the next day or two! Lego's always a fun project for snow days.

Rootbeer

Banned
congrats ratraven! That could have been me this morning! In more ways than one :p Sure to be a great display and discussion piece for me. My roomate is a MUCH bigger Simpsons fan than I am, I'm sure he's going to dig it.

rataven

congrats ratraven! That could have been me this morning! In more ways than one :p Sure to be a great display and discussion piece for me. My roomate is a MUCH bigger Simpsons fan than I am, I'm sure he's going to dig it.

Thanks! And I know exactly what you mean about trips to the Lego Store. I inevitably pick up a few more sets than I planned every time I go there too. I should use S@H more often, it's just that I live so close (<15 minutes) to the store that the temptation always wins me over.

And yeah, you and your roommate are gonna love this set. Lots of little things for fans pop out as you look it over.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks! And I know exactly what you mean about trips to the Lego Store. I inevitably pick up a few more sets than I planned every time I go there too. I should use S@H more often, it's just that I live so close (<15 minutes) to the store that the temptation always wins me over.

And yeah, you and your roommate are gonna love this set. Lots of little things for fans pop out as you look it over.
It's about 90 mins from doorstep to LEGO store for me. Reasonable, but I've already been two weeks in a row. I was veery close to going this morning, but we got a new Keurig machine too. I think I'll sit home and drink coffee all day instead. Hope LS@H ships today :p (who am i kidding)

Simpsons House acquired!

Store staff think the Feb17th VIP release is the Sea Cow.

Preparing my wallet already. That thing is just stunning, a must-have for me.

chimster

doing my duty and picked up two sets. One for me and another for a friend. The store was crazy, the manager told me people kept calling and they had over 15 on hold.

IMAG0827.jpg

[edit] the set looks much better in person, I wasn't set on picking it up but seeing it in person sealed the deal

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice. :)

Yeah, glad I secured one. It just wouldn't feel right to buy the Simpsons CMF line and not have the house. I'm really excited to see what they do with them though. I hope we see more of the molded-on pieces for the arms/legs/feet in the CMFs. They look great on Bart.

jAJRmuB.png

So i just built my Black Pearl today that i found on a discount a couple months back...

Man i didn't know i'd love Pirate Ships so much! After having to slightly alter it by taking the flag away etc. it now looks awesome on display and shames pretty much all my other sets right now! The sails really make this one! Now i feel like hunting down the other ships i missed like Imperial Flagship + Queen Anne's Revenge but wtf at those aftermarket prices :(

Picturebomb incoming:

The Black Pearl is approaching...

Wait... what's that green blob behind the steering wheel there?

Well i'll be damned, it's Captain Hulk!!

Throw him in the hold, this is my ship!

photoo0u5e.jpg

Outside of a few large sets and Hobbit/LotR sets, I mainly get figures as well and small sets.

Best small set is the Ninjago red mech, and I don't even like ninjas :p

You people got me going down the dark path here with Lego.

I ended up doing a pick a brick order to make that Mini VW Bus polybag, all be it in a different color pattern.

So i just built my Black Pearl today that i found on a discount a couple months back...

Man i didn't know i'd love Pirate Ships so much! After having to slightly alter it by taking the flag away etc. it now looks awesome on display and shames pretty much all my other sets right now! The sails really make this one! Now i feel like hunting down the other ships i missed like Imperial Flagship + Queen Anne's Revenge but wtf at those aftermarket prices :(

Picturebomb incoming:

Wait... what's that green blob behind the steering wheel there?

Well i'll be damned, it's Captain Hulk!!

Nice! Hulk is a great minifig to spice up photos.

My son built my Black Pearl so I can't comment of the building factor, but it looks awesome when done. Great display piece. People always comment, "That's LEGO?"

Rootbeer

Banned
Hulk is still best figure of the last few years.

AND he was free! Can't beat that!

And to those that didn't get him in the promo, you can get the 4.99 keychain at just about every LEGO store. Saw tons at mine. Not a hard mod to remove the chain, even if it's not a perfect replica.

Rootbeer

Banned
Personally I went with palace & dungeon, but I also have the skiff since it's cheap. Cause the Boba figure is really nice to have. Some will prefer the barge cause they prefer large ships. I think the palace/dungeon displays better but that's just me.

unless you do plan to get all 4 eventually, I recommend going the way I did because you'll get the best spread of minifigs that way. I think the figs in the barge set are weaker than the palace.

ruxtpin

Banned
For the Star Wars fans,

What's the better combo the skiff and barge, or the palace and dungeon?

I've got the skiff, barge, and rancor pit built - with the palace sitting in my backlog. Out of those 3 the rancor pit was pretty ho-hum, I wanted it for the rancor. The skiff is great because of the figures it comes with; but I think the barge has impressed me the most. It's like a vehicle modular (divided into little areas with a removable roof).

Can't speak for the palace just yet, but I hope to find time to build it in the near future.

Top Bottom