• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Oh dear,
I just bought the SSD for 323€ ... o_O
my s.o. must never know, how to get it into the flat unnoticed? xP

That is not a set that you can simply sneak in or build and just casually put out like nothing happened. You have a challenge on your hands now.

But congrats on getting the magnificent beast.

My wife is also a grad student who works on a lab (Chemist) and I'm looking forward to my future as a stay home dad...

There seems to be a correlation between this and lego.

Wow. Another LEGO GAFfer with a chemist for a wife. How many of us is that now? I think it is pretty funny.

ghostmind

Oh dear,

You know what that means...

9ZLbnUL.jpg

Oh dear,

Tell her you got it a lot cheaper than that.

It was on clearance for 75% off because it was too big to keep on store shelves, or amazon warehouse deals had it really cheap, or wal-mart had another major price glitch thing, or you bought it from a guy on craigslist who needed meth money, or you found it at a Salvation Army for like $60. So on and so on.

You can't hide it physically so you might as well try to hide the pricetag.

It was on clearance for 75% off because it was too big to keep on store shelves, or amazon warehouse deals had it really cheap, or wal-mart had another major price glitch thing, or you bought it from a guy on craigslist who needed meth money, or you found it at a Salvation Army for like $60. So on and so on.

Good idea. That is how I got it past my wife, but I didnt lie. Managed to snag it from Amazon for about $300. All I told her was it was $100 off and she understood.

gerg

So we are upset because they finally market to girl? I am not sure why the outrage about set cater for girls or special line tailor for girls.

The frustration is because, imo, having a set specifically tailored for girls is an unnecessary decision that (simply by existing) reinforces the mistaken notion that "regular" Lego is for boys only. What's even more frustrating (for some) is that it markets itself using somewhat reductive stereotypes about what girls enjoy.

I think if Sarkeesian's video is slightly out-of-date, however, it would be because later entries in the Friends franchise have included an emphasis away from the leisure-related and strereotypically feminine activities she mentions in the video, but I am not sure how prevalent those are in the theme.

The city line has stuck with what I would consider a fairly gender neutral tone. Usually a mix of male and female minifigs in the sets.

Just out of curiosity, what is the gender ratio in those sets like? Does it approach 1:1?

LEGO went to licensed sets and they went with mostly boy targeted franchises. They are now going with some girl targeted franchises with the Disney line.

Can we really hold LEGO to account when the franchises out there are pretty much male or female with few gender neutral franchises they could license. Now granted, It would be nice if they had more licensed sets for girls, and maybe Friends will lead to that.

Certainly, it is unfortunate the vast majority of licenses that Lego could choose from have been highly unbalanced in terms of gender representation - the Star Wars licence is perhaps one of the most egregious examples of this - but this should not deny the Lego Group's agency in choosing to acquire and prioritise those licences. (I imagine that their decision to acquire the licences of franchises targeted to boys was also influenced by the self-reinforcing results of their male-orientated marketing.)

But the sets themselves, I see no problem. Like any set they can be torn down and rebuilt into whatever someone can think of.

True, but that is not how Lego markets the Friends line, as the adverts in the video show. With the main Lego lines building the set is always an integral and important part of the narrative the toy provides - "Build this set and save the day!" - but with the Friends line building the set is not emphasised. Rather, the implication is that girls should want to buy this product because they like playing with dolls and their accessories. (Perhaps, of course, more recent adverts have changed this tact.)

Just FYI, but she lumped together gender neutral minifigs with male identifiable ones to come up with that claim. Looking at the most recent sets I've been building, it's a lot more balanced.

If you're referring to the image she used here, then I think her claim is defensible irrespective of that. Notice how the female minifigure (even with the basic smiley face) is identified: her long, feminine hair. Maybe I'm just projecting the other minifigures' genders on the basis of my own, but it seems to me that the de facto implication is that the other characters are not, then, female.

Too bad she dismisses creator sets and tends to focus on licensed properties where it's really outside of their control.

I think she dismisses the Creator sets because, unlike Lego's other lines, a minifigure-based narrative isn't at their centre.

May be I am just don't get the idea behind gender neutral toys. We makes plenty of stuffs just for girls why suddenly toys need to be gender neutral. I ask the two girls in my household, my wife and my daughter, both of them said the same thing, they wish there were girl specific LEGO like Friends or Princess when they were younger. I think the society in the quest of equality lost sight that boy and girl are fundamentally differences.

So if set like Friends and Princess are patronizing to girl then what to make of Pirates and Star Wars theme? Should boys be outrage that LEGO make sub-set that only appeal to certain demographic?

If you're referring to the image she used here, then I think her claim is defensible irrespective of that. Notice how the female minifigure (even with the basic smiley face) is identified: her long, feminine hair. Maybe I'm just projecting the other minifigures' genders on the basis of my own, but it seems to me that the de facto implication is that the other characters are not, then, female.

I was going to stay away from this but having just watched the video I feel the need to share as I've now lost 13 minutes of my life which I will not get back.

Complaining that a business markets a product for profit which fits their research and is successful (Star Wars for example) and then suggesting they address these issues is kinda pointless unless gender differences are addressed within society as a whole. Lego do what they have to do to operate within society at large and of all the companies out there I think they are quite virtuous.

I'm not saying Friends has been handled in the best way possible but when I was growing up in the 80's my cousins (2 girls, got no sisters) showed zero interest in Lego and this was way before any kind of action element was introduced. The closest would have been classic space but that was gender neutral.

With Friends more girls will pick it up and play. Surely that is a good thing and they will most likely end up using other lines that Lego offer and having just as much fun as boys.

She should go look at Barbie, Cindy, Bratz and whatever else is out there now telling girls they need to concentrate on looking pretty to have an identity.

May be I am just don't get the idea behind gender neutral toys. We makes plenty of stuffs just for girls why suddenly toys need to be gender neutral. I ask the two girls in my household, my wife and my daughter, both of them said the same thing, they wish there were girl specific LEGO like Friends or Princess when they were younger. I think the society in the quest of equality lost sight that boy and girl are fundamentally differences.

So if set like Friends and Princess are patronizing to girl then what to make of Pirates and Star Wars theme? Should boys be outrage that LEGO make sub-set that only appeal to certain demographic?

Sorry for double post but Bravo. The whole lets make everyone the same brigade fails to notice we are not all the same.

gerg

I think the bolded would be disagreed with by a wide swathe of society.

That is is unfortunate that two of the most popular external licenses Lego can rely on are absolutely terrible when it comes to female representation. (The original Star Wars trilogy is terrible for this.)

Complaining that a business markets a product for profit which fits their research and is successful (Star Wars for example) and then suggesting they address these issues is kinda pointless unless gender differences are addressed within society as a whole. Lego do what they have to do to operate within society at large and of all the companies out there I think they are quite virtuous.

By that logic no one should take any action unless everyone simultaneously acts with them. Societal changes only occur through the cumulative effect of individual actions.

I'm not saying Friends has been handled in the best way possible but when I was growing up in the 80's my cousins (2 girls, got no sisters) showed zero interest in Lego and this was way before any kind of action element was introduced.

That may very well be true, but that does not deny other people's anecdotal evidence either.

With Friends more girls will pick it up and play. Surely that is a good thing and they will most likely end up using other lines that Lego offer and having just as much fun as boys.

I think that is a fair assertion, but (as you yourself have identified) that does not deny the other features of the Friends line that are less beneficial or positive.

She should go look at Barbie, Cindy, Bratz and whatever else is out there now telling girls they need to concentrate on looking pretty to have an identity.

I never get this line of defence. Pointing out someone else's flaws does not excuse one's own. If you're on trial for murder you don't get to point to Jack the Ripper to lessen your sentence.

ghostmind

:(

As a fan of vehicles, I like some of the city sets.

The Great Vehicles subtheme has had some great entries over the past few years, but it's starting to feel a bit thin now.

My ire is focused more on the Police and Fire subthemes.

And as much as I am looking forward to the Arctic sets, what does that actually have to do with a city?

I think LEGO needs to redefine and expand its themes at this point.

By that logic no one should take any action unless everyone simultaneously acts with them. Societal changes only occur through the cumulative effect of individual actions.

Is the Friends line not a change? How far should one company be expected to go? In the video she complains about Star Wars figures and the lack of female minfigs but offers no alternative; Indiana Jones and Harry Potter are also mentioned I believe but that is not down to Lego. What I mean is if change is indeed needed Lego is not the best place to start.

Having said that I don't see a problem with specific girls toys or boys toys. There are films aimed at women, TV shows aimed at men etc. I don't complain when L'Oreal don't target their lipstick at me but I'm sure women would not want them to change their marketing either.

Draxal

The Great Vehicles subtheme has had some great entries over the past few years, but it's starting to feel a bit thin now.

My ire is focused more on the Police and Fire subthemes.

And as much as I am looking forward to the Arctic sets, what does that actually have to do with a city?

I think LEGO needs to redefine and expand its themes at this point.

City is target at the younger end of the demographic, so I really don't mind it.

They make the modulars for the afol's, which is good enough for me.

ghostmind

City is target at the younger end of the demographic, so I really don't mind it.

They make the modulars for the afol's, which is good enough for me.

I'm curious to see if this is where they are steering the Creator theme (at least the mini buildings part of it), with the shift to a commercial structure (bike shop and cafe) rather than the traditional Creator house.

Lets' see a post office, supermarket, new gas station, restaurant, public works HQ, veterinarian, music hall, sports arena, zoo, museum, art gallery, etc, etc.

mrkgoo

I'm curious to see if this is where they are steering the Creator theme (at least the mini buildings part of it), with the shift to a commercial structure (bike shop and cafe) rather than the traditional Creator house.

Lets' see a post office, supermarket, new gas station, restaurant, public works HQ, veterinarian, music hall, sports arena, zoo, museum, art gallery, etc, etc.

That would be cool. You know an ACTUAL city, as opposed to one just over-run with crime ;)

That would be cool. You know an ACTUAL city, as opposed to one just over-run with crime ;)

Haha, I was thinking the same recently, there seems to be a big crime problem in Lego City. Like, I had the City advent calendar, and... Merry Christmas! Here's the burglar after your presents!

The thing about Lego Friends is.. I'm more interested to see where it goes long run, rather than judging it now. Build up the audience, and then see how they do regards to gendering.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, to my friendly fellow AFOLs... I have been had.

I opened one of my backlog sets from over a year ago that I got from... wait for it... amazon warehousedeals.

Inside: no jabba, no gamorrean guard. Everything else SEEMS in-tact but i'm not sure if I'm going to open the bags or not yet to be certain. The bag the guard should have been in looks like it may have been resealed as it doesn't match the seal on the other bags exactly, but i'm not an expert on this.

One of the potential downsides to having a backlog... you could have sets in your collection and not know important (and expensive) parts are missing, and by the time you notice, it's been so long that probably no customer service rep will help you.

Don't let it happen to you :/ Open all your sets asap.

rataven

^ Ouch :( Given that it's Amazon though, you might want to contact them anyway. They probably won't be able to do anything, but their customer service is so good you never know.

Started on The Simpsons House while rewatching a Sherlock marathon in prep for tonight. The size of this set didn't really hit me until I opened the box and kept pulling bag after bag out of it. I now have an enormous stack of Lego on my worktable!

eNzYgkwl.jpg

Lady Lego GAFfer here, I just don't post alot here or on GAF in general. I do read this thread every day though! As far as Lego friends goes I'm fine with it. I would have loved it as a kid since I remember being excited about paradisa sets. Honestly when I was a kid playing Lego was playing house with my sisters. We would build our houses on a baseboard and have our minifigs do stuff like drive to the grocery store. We had sets like space and castle and loved those and built them but mostly it was just house and we loved it. The best was coming up with new ways to make furniture for your house. And we had all sorts of dumb names for the pieces. Maybe I'll make a post with pics of pieces with our names of them when I'm not on mobile. Did anyone else have their own naming convention for their Lego pieces?

Oh awesome, I'm so happy there are more members of Lady-Lego GAF! Sounds like you'd really enjoy sets like Olivia's House and The Simpson's House. They have some really fantastic furniture elements that are fun to build. I was more of a Pirates and Castle kid myself, but as I've gotten older, I've gravitated to buildings more. I adore the Modulars and Creator homes, so I can relate in that regard! I also collect LotR/Hobbit, HP, Marvel Superheroes, Monster Fighters, and god, way too many more. My home office is largely an unorganized Lego museum at this point, haha.

Kryten

Back from seeing The Lego Movie trailer on the big screen again. Chris Pratt is such a good choice for Emmet. Can't wait.

I think the bolded would be disagreed with by a wide swathe of society.

I never get this line of defence. Pointing out someone else's flaws does not excuse one's own. If you're on trial for murder you don't get to point to Jack the Ripper to lessen your sentence.

Listen, Gerg. I understand the point you are arguing. I suspect a lot of people reading this do too but there is something you need to understand:

Girls & Boys are different.

Are all girls one way, and all boys another? Of course not, but there are some fundamental differences that manifest across the sexes in very broad ways. Many of us in the thread have children, and I expect most will agree that girls & boys interpret things very differently.

I'm not going to ask you how old you are, but I think you may do well to sit back and really assess the situation in real world terms. If you look at my post history you'll find that I found the LEGO Friends line offensive and pandering at first. I was horrified that the company would "girl up" regular old LEGO just to sell it. Wasn't LEGO already gender neutral?!

It was not. It was, and always has been targeted at boys. Feel free to reply to this with the lovely late-70s advert with the girl holding her mishapen city as a counterpoint.

When you look at what they've done with the Friends line however, it shows you that they've created a very female-friendly "welcome mat" for girls to get into the toy line with. I am a proud father of two girls and an uncle of several more, and they all think that the Friends line is tops. What's interesting though, is that once they've gotten a couple of sets they immediately start incorporating other available sets into their creations. Again, Friends is the gateway drug....LEGO is the actual crack.

Rootbeer

Banned
I checked other boxes I got from amazon, not many had rare minifigures though. I'm about 95% sure they are complete. It's just that one set.

I submitted a missing parts form to lego... I have no idea what my chances are of getting the parts from them. Most of the parts were marked red instead of green in the selection menu :/

I feel bad about being upset cause the damn thing has been sitting unopened for a while now. I almost feel like it's my own fault, but I still wish whoever is responsible would have something horrible happen to them.

Ultimately what I hope happens is amazon can somehow track who returned the item and penalize them in some way but that's probably too hopeful.

R-User!

My wife is also a grad student who works on a lab (Chemist) and I'm looking forward to my future as a stay home dad...

There seems to be a correlation between this and lego.

I, too, have a wife (no PhD) who has the "career" job and I, too, am a "Stay-at-home-Dad" (a.k.a. Domestic Engineer); albeit a who has a part time job until I get all my ducks in a row....

...I have a bad feeling about this...

gerg

Girls & Boys are different.

I continue to disagree with this statement, at least in terms of inate preferences in toys. If this is ultimately the point you are making then I suspect we should discontinue this conversation now.

It was not. It was, and always has been targeted at boys. Feel free to reply to this with the lovely late-70s advert with the girl holding her mishapen city as a counterpoint.

Actually, if I really wanted to disprove your argument I'd dredge up an advert from the 1950s!

I feel like I should clarify that, sure, it's OK to like problematic things. I don't exactly consider the Friends line devil-spawn, but at the same time I think Lego could be doing a lot more a lot better to make Lego "for girls".

(And, actually, anecdotal evidence of girls incorporating elements from "boys'" Lego sets into their Friends-based creations would only seem to suggest to me that good ol' regular Lego is, ultimately, what they really want.)

I'm in the crowd of yes, boys and girls are different but not in equality. Also, choices should not be forced or preset but open to each boy or girl. If it isn't I blame the parents (being blunt here) for at least not giving perspective.

I'm glad Friends exist because it's another choice for everyone. My girlfriend's daughter loves city more so she can get that if she wants, but anything is opens.

I consider the City and Creator line as always not being sexed or set to a demographic. At the same time that Friends are debated, why is no one debating the male oriented sets?

Plus, switching hair or heads on figures should be enough to clear debate due to the nature of LEGO.

I'm willing to be wrong as long the good and the bad are contemplated due to these issues.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still on the Friends debate? I'm in the middle of a missing Jabba crisis here guys!!

Okay, I'm not being serious. I promise.

Amazon has no system for tracking abusive returnees on LEGO sets that have already passed through the warehousedeals certification process. They figure pieces fell out during repackaging. Sure.

But they did give me a partial refund, I was also offered a full refund for return. It was tempting. But I will just put the money towards a Sail Barge. That way I get a new set + the Jabba I need. I have another guard from the Rancor Pit so I'll just have to live with 1 instead of 2.

I just find it funny they took Jabba and the Guard but not Han Solo in Carbonite or some of the other rareish pieces. *shrug*

Draxal

Still on the Friends debate? I'm in the middle of a missing Jabba crisis here guys!!

Amazon has no system for tracking abusive returnees on LEGO sets that have already passed through the warehousedeals certification process. They figure pieces fell out during repackaging. Sure.

But they did give me a partial refund, I was also offered a full refund for return. It was tempting. But I will just put the money towards a Sail Barge. That way I get a new set + the Jabba I need. I have another guard from the Rancor Pit so I'll just have to live with 1 instead of 2.

I just find it funny they took Jabba and the Guard but not Han Solo in Carbonite or some of the other rareish pieces. *shrug*

Reach out to lego themselves. They're fairly good in replacing items, and I think they realize that minifig pinching has become an epidemic.

And yes your Jabba crisis is much more interesting to me than the Friends debate, so don't worry about bring it up.

I continue to disagree with this statement, at least in terms of inate preferences in toys. If this is ultimately the point you are making then I suspect we should discontinue this conversation now.

I'm with you - I waded into this discussion after the fact and we're not going to convince each other. Let's shut 'er down.

This sucks. Seriously. It's one of the reasons I am so wary of buying "sealed" aftermarket sets. Lasting Toys (a store dedicated to LEGO in my area) no longer accepts any returns for this very reason.

As (I think) Draxal suggested, contact LEGO themselves and see if they'll hook you up. Ugh. It's like buying the Rancor pit and not having the Rancor. Garbage.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've had great luck in the past. But yes going forward I will check the sets immediately and get refunds immediately if anything is missing. It won't deter me from getting warehousedeals sets as I've saved a lot of money through them.

A rancorless Pit would INDEED be the worst. Such a useless set without him :)

well i submitted a parts replacement form from lego but they said they will contact me via e-mail if they need anything. I don't know what my chances are of getting the parts. Never been through this.

What experience do you guys have with getting replacements from https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts/ ?

Make sure you CHECK the BAGS as people reseal them, I am pretty sure the seal on my Bag 1 & 2 is different from the other bags. The seal looks more opaque and there is a line going through the seal. The other bags the seal is really hard to see.

^ Ouch :( Given that it's Amazon though, you might want to contact them anyway. They probably won't be able to do anything, but their customer service is so good you never know.

Started on The Simpsons House while rewatching a Sherlock marathon in prep for tonight. The size of this set didn't really hit me until I opened the box and kept pulling bag after bag out of it. I now have an enormous stack of Lego on my worktable!

eNzYgkwl.jpg

Oh awesome, I'm so happy there are more members of Lady-Lego GAF! Sounds like you'd really enjoy sets like Olivia's House and The Simpson's House. They have some really fantastic furniture elements that are fun to build. I was more of a Pirates and Castle kid myself, but as I've gotten older, I've gravitated to buildings more. I adore the Modulars and Creator homes, so I can relate in that regard! I also collect LotR/Hobbit, HP, Marvel Superheroes, Monster Fighters, and god, way too many more. My home office is largely an unorganized Lego museum at this point, haha.

Oh I definitely love the modulars and creator houses that is probably what I have the most of in my current collection. I'll buy almost anything that's on discount though like ninjago, PotC, City, Egyptian, Monster Fighters, etc. I'm more into displaying than MOCing since I'm not a particularly creative mind so I gravitate to the big showpieces. Definitely looking forward to Simpson House next double VIP. Looks like its a good one, enjoy!

Ryuuroden

I feel like I should clarify that, sure, it's OK to like problematic things. I don't exactly consider the Friends line devil-spawn, but at the same time I think Lego could be doing a lot more a lot better to make Lego "for girls".

(And, actually, anecdotal evidence of girls incorporating elements from "boys'" Lego sets into their Friends-based creations would only seem to suggest to me that good ol' regular Lego is, ultimately, what they really want.)

Or it could be anecdotal evidence that the friends line is pulling in girls OR parents who would never have purchased LEGO for their little girls into the doing so and thus the girls are finally discovering them and then moving into the other LEGO lines which would be yet another fantastic result of the friends line. This argument of yours can go both ways. Either way the whole debate is stupid since there is huge evidence that a much larger number of girls are getting into LEGO now and not just in the friends line. Often times its by way of that line just being out there bringing more attention to the product as a whole.

The bigger issue I have is the friends line being thrown into the barbie isle by 3rd party retailers which LEGO does not do in its own store nor does TRU which LEGO often does the vendor set up for. If you want to go after anyone you should be going after these companies as they are force segregating the lines from each other which hurts its ability to pull girls into the other lines. The friends line is not harming girls who are interested in the other lines either.

Edit: Just as an FYI, i also have my own dislikes of the friends minidolls but bottom line the friends line is better and more educational than any other toy product that any other company is putting out there. You can debate all you want on how they market it and so on but the product itself is solid. You say that societal changes happen through the cumulative effect of individual actions well that is exactly true, has anything ever changed overnight? The answer is no, and I would say the friends line is a step forward rather than a step back. The past attempts of LEGO to pull girls in using regular minifigs had minimal effect at best. Using things that society is familiar with such as dolls and inserting them into LEGO sets which in and of themselves are the exact same bricks otherwise has now gotten the attention of a much larger audience and is pulling them away from all that other shit thats marketed toward girls. This is the FIRST step toward gradually changing things to the way you want it to be. Eventually I am sure they won't have to use gimmicks like mini dolls and such. Also as a guy, I am glad for all the new colors in the LEGO world.

ghostmind

1cHYOe8.jpg

London Toy Fair starts on Tuesday, and as such we should be getting some more accurate set descriptions for the 2nd half themes. Pictures are not allowed, so we won't be seeing much from this one, unless someone does so covertly.

I'm hoping we get some minifig confirmations on sets like the Mos Eisley Cantina, and the line-up for the Simpsons CMF series.

Jabba is good for reselling that's probably why. I recently bought UCS Shuttle and the box was resealed and I am sure it was missing many of the bags sine it was much lighter than I though (all the white flat pieces were gone) and most of all the instruction was missing so there was no way I could tell what is not there.

I have got some good deal from Amazon Warehouse, but I always open and check everything when I bought used items from there.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have got some good deal from Amazon Warehouse, but I always open and check everything when I bought used items from there.

I've been too trusting in the past. Absolutely open everything and double check it all if you order from there! A lesson that should not need to be learned, but unfortunately was in my case. There's some real shitnuggets out there. Karma, do your thing.

I know we even recently had discussions about this here in this very thread. However, this was something I ordered in 2012 and has been sitting in my backlog. I've actually checked all of my more recent orders, just hadn't gotten around to that one yet.

Anyway thanks all, sorry for making it a thing tonight.

Ryuuroden

Now I got that little post done with, had to put my own opinion on that debate in there cause shit drives me nuts, I get to announce that I have hopefully found the perfect place and will be moving in a couple weeks. It's a 2 Bedroom flat with wood floors, tons of character such as alcove shelving in the walls flanking the entryway from living room to dining room where I can put LEGO sets in display. Best of all, as I said, It's a 2 bedroom which means I have a LEGO workroom now and it's of a Decent size too. This is of course not final so I could still get screwed over if my application does not get accepted but I have lots of hope that it will be approved.

Ryuuroden

1cHYOe8.jpg

London Toy Fair starts on Tuesday, and as such we should be getting some more accurate set descriptions for the 2nd half themes. Pictures are not allowed, so we won't be seeing much from this one, unless someone does so covertly.

I'm hoping we get some minifig confirmations on sets like the Mos Eisley Cantina, and the line-up for the Simpsons CMF series.

We most likely will get some pictures then. It's happened every year previously.

Got the basic floor structure for the second and third floors of my new bookstore MOC, and then started adding the tiling and detail to the second floor. The progress so far:

The cafe area. Chairs and couches in a lounge area. The brown chairs are going to be with tables when I build them. The coffee bar counter will go in the blank area, and the chains are for the line to form to buy stuff. Hopefully tomorrow I can plow through the rest of the floor and then move onto the third and final floor.

well it is ~25% off. ^^

neonglow

I checked other boxes I got from amazon, not many had rare minifigures though. I'm about 95% sure they are complete. It's just that one set.

I submitted a missing parts form to lego... I have no idea what my chances are of getting the parts from them. Most of the parts were marked red instead of green in the selection menu :/

I feel bad about being upset cause the damn thing has been sitting unopened for a while now. I almost feel like it's my own fault, but I still wish whoever is responsible would have something horrible happen to them.

Ultimately what I hope happens is amazon can somehow track who returned the item and penalize them in some way but that's probably too hopeful.

Ouch! In the previous LEGO thread, I mentioned buying the Harry Potter castle set and having all the minifigures missing. LEGO was willing to to send me all the minifigure parts after showing lots of proof I actually bought the set. They had me scan my receipt and tell them the part number printed on one of the manuals.

Top Bottom