• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Anyone know where to get a lego head (and what set) of sunglasses with a mustache? preferably yellow...

After watching all the Jang Microfighters set reviews I'll probably be getting only the X-wing for the figure and some of the parts.

Kryten

I've finally succumbed to the call of book 2 and completed the Fire Brigade modular. I was continually amazed at how so many of the little building details came to be made and applied to the frontage, even the way the brick work was constructed.

Such a gateway set. I've got Palace Cinema beside me now and I'm on the hunt for the other in production sets on special. Move over Technic, there's a new king.

I've finally succumbed to the call of book 2 and completed the Fire Brigade modular. I was continually amazed at how so many of the little building details came to be made and applied to the frontage, even the way the brick work was constructed.

Such a gateway set. I've got Palace Cinema beside me now and I'm on the hunt for the other in production sets on special. Move over Technic, there's a new king.
The second floor strikes again!

mojiimbo

Dumb question but I've never used Bricklink before. Once I place an order I have to wait for an invoice until I can pay? I'm guessing this is because the seller has to manually calculate shipping costs? Will it be a problem if my PayPal email/account is different than my Bricklink email?

Dumb question but I've never used Bricklink before. Once I place an order I have to wait for an invoice until I can pay? I'm guessing this is because the seller has to manually calculate shipping costs? Will it be a problem if my PayPal email/account is different than my Bricklink email?
Nope, no problem.
And the sellers check the postage costs and their inventory it has happend to me that they didn't have specific things that they had originaly advertised, therfore the delay.

Bricklink is essentially the old classified ads. You send inquire, then seller response and then send you invoice and then you paid. I don't think it's matter if your Pay Pal email is difference (but you can always add addition email to paypal account), just make sure your address is current and that seller know you will be paying from particular pay pal account.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO has your Voltron nostalgia covered.

rATLMeQ.jpg

In case you weren't yet convinced to buy them all... now you are.

judhudson

So I'm building the Town Hall right now...finished the bottom level. I don't know if its me, but this build doesn't seem all that fun. Feels so...bland...

Rootbeer

Banned
Proof of Purchase verified, LEGO said I should receive the replacements in 10 to 15 days. The process was very smooth. Yay!

So, Castle-sized Smaug, some were thinking he would be larger. Wonder if it's a retool of the same body or what.

*edit* wait, OMG... GAF fixed the edit bug, you can now edit your posts and it will complete properly with no F5 needed.

Small Smaug = meh. It sounds like an Smaug attacks Laketown set, if there are multiple buildings and Bard's son.

Witchking glowing in the dark means that he's the ghost version that we briefly saw in AUJ. It also means that his helmet has been molded and that there HAS to be a proper version later on. Or we can just repaint it ourselves.

CMF Series 10 Motorcycle Mechanic?

hmmm… might get, but the stubble is messing it up. I wanna make Axe Cop for my girlfriend and hoping for a clean face

Out of the new Chima Chi Beasts I only really want the Gorilla, Gator, and the Wolf since I mostly am getting them for the joints and the figures.

I think I've come to terms that I'm more into the figures than building stuff, but at the same time I just need to build more often. I am a practicing visual artist in grad school so all my creative time = work time, but if budget allows it after getting my thesis in a few months I'll probably have more creative freedom to build.

MOC from eurobricks :)

Complete with shooting geyser of clear liquid from its ass! Sorry, that is the first thing I saw. Pretty cool otherwise.

So I'm building the Town Hall right now...finished the bottom level. I don't know if its me, but this build doesn't seem all that fun. Feels so...bland...

Did you build other modulars before? But yeah, Town Hall is a rather pedestrian build until you get to the roof. The roof is so awesome. But what the entire set lacks in awesome building techniques, it makes up for in looks once it is finished. It is a towering beast.

Brick-built Groot!

Include a sound brick, and my wish will have come true.

hmmm… might get, but the stubble is messing it up. I wanna make Axe Cop for my girlfriend and hoping for a clean face

Out of the new Chima Chi Beasts I only really want the Gorilla, Gator, and the Wolf since I mostly am getting them for the joints and the figures.

I think I've come to terms that I'm more into the figures than building stuff, but at the same time I just need to build more often. I am a practicing visual artist in grad school so all my creative time = work time, but if budget allows it after getting my thesis in a few months I'll probably have more creative freedom to build.

I went to the lego store and they gave me a promo free bag that has a security card with a stache and glasses in a little buggy.

ghostmind

Just to clarify, my surprise is that they said it was a MICROfig and not a minifig. A minifig I expect... Microfig?!

Last time the ISD was released, this was the representation of the Emperor in hologram form:

OADpSAr.jpg

If the new one is a trans-blue microfig with printing, it will be a definite step up.

Fowler

Last time the ISD was released, this was the representation of the Emperor in hologram form:

OADpSAr.jpg

If the new one is a trans-blue microfig with printing, it will be a definite step up.

That'd be awesome. But it's still odd, since his hologram was freaking huge in the original trilogy:

(SORRY FOR LUCAS-EDITED PICTURE, couldn't find a shot of Vader + original Emperor hologram)

The only time Palpatine had a small hologram was aboard Trade Federation ships... right?

</starwarsgeekery>

judhudson

Complete with shooting geyser of clear liquid from its ass! Sorry, that is the first thing I saw. Pretty cool otherwise.

Did you build other modulars before? But yeah, Town Hall is a rather pedestrian build until you get to the roof. The roof is so awesome. But what the entire set lacks in awesome building techniques, it makes up for in looks once it is finished. It is a towering beast.

Include a sound brick, and my wish will have come true.

I have - yep. Started with Fire Brigade, then the Grand Emporium and Pet Shop.

Now I'm doing Town Hall. I do have the Palace Cinema and then Parisian Restaurant next to do, however. Looking forward to those two.

Oh my! Not sure how well those sets will sell with kids, but AFOLs and TFOLs will be all over them.

hmmm&#8230; might get, but the stubble is messing it up. I wanna make Axe Cop for my girlfriend and hoping for a clean face

BrickLink and Brickset are an addicts enabling best friend.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=moustache

http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/search/?query=moustache

EDIT: You may better off focusing on the glasses and using a permanent marker (which will probably rub off eventually) to draw a mustache on it.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=sunglasses

EDIT2: You can always use waterslide decals which a lot of customizers use. Or pay someone to do it for you. http://minifigs.me/

ghostmind

With no news of LotR sets coming out of Toy Fair (or in the leaked prelims), it is looking like the theme is either taking a break this year, or it is done. I wonder how last years' sets sold? And if the Middle Earth sets are not doing well, then will this year be the last of the. Hobbit sets as well?

I'm hoping that the GotG sets are designed by Bessa, and that the big ship set is matching in calibre with the amazing Quinjet.
Reading the description of the X Men jet is disappointing. Would have loved a Bessa Blackbird set.

With no news of LotR sets coming out of Toy Fair (or in the leaked prelims), it is looking like the theme is either taking a break this year, or it is done. I wonder how last years' sets sold? And if the Middle Earth sets are not doing well, then will this year be the last of the. Hobbit sets as well?
At least we will always have Orthanc.

ghostmind

I think this is the Cyclops we will be getting:

AKyZuvs.jpg

And I am hearing that Wolverine will be in the brown outfit this time.

And Magneto with hair? Maybe back to his days as the headmaster at Xavier's?

How long do you guys expect Orthanc to be around?

I want to get it but don't have the funds yet.

Depends on how well it is selling and their inventory. Ghostmind made an observation a few posts earlier on noticeable lack of LotR theme sets. This doesn't bode well for the theme. Pure speculation though so take with grain of salt.

I'm taking a wild guess and it should be around until the end of the year at the very least. I'm on the fence with Tower of Orthanc. I really want it, but there's soooo much I want too.

Didn't someone say that Orthanc was to be retired?

As for the cop, it might be easier to get the mechanic and take the stubble off with rubbing alcohol, rather than draw a new one.

Depends on how well it is selling and their inventory. Ghostmind made an observation a few posts earlier on noticeable lack of LotR theme sets. This doesn't bode well for the theme. Pure speculation though so take with grain of salt.

I'm taking a wild guess and it should be around until the end of the year at the very least. I'm on the fence with Tower of Orthanc. I really want it, but there's soooo much I want too.

You need Orthanc. Not just an awesome display piece, but it also comes with Wormtongue.

Oh my! Not sure how well those sets will sell with kids, but AFOLs and TFOLs will be all over them.

BrickLink and Brickset are an addicts enabling best friend.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=moustache

http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/search/?query=moustache

EDIT: You may better off focusing on the glasses and using a permanent marker (which will probably rub off eventually) to draw a mustache on it.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=sunglasses

EDIT2: You can always use waterslide decals which a lot of customizers use. Or pay someone to do it for you. http://minifigs.me/

As silly as I know it is I dislike customizing pieces or making pieces. Half the fun with Legos for me is being creative with the limitations of what is available.

I don't think it's wrong but I can't let myself do it >_<

Thanks for all the input though it helps a ton.

As silly as I know it is I dislike customizing pieces or making pieces. Half the fun with Legos for me is being creative with the limitations of what is available.

I don't think it's wrong but I can't let myself do it >_<

Thanks for all the input though it helps a ton.

Not silly. That's being a LEGO purist. There are a LOT of builders that are LEGO purists. I usually do the same when I build stuff and do my LEGO comics. Limiting your building palette is definitely part of the fun and challenge. I do mix 3rd party and other compatibles once in awhile though.

I am a purist as well. But I am thinking of being a horrible person on this current MOC and print up some stickers with a label printer.

Don't shoot me. I am just toying with the idea.

Top Bottom