• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't make that deal but I do feel that Lego really did not do lotr nearly as well as they could of and they did not do many sets that they could of. They could of done various rivendell buildings, the watcher in the water, Balrog, prancing pony modular, the horselords hall, scenes from gondor, brick built Oliphant, to name just a few. Would of been nice to have some ROTK army builders.

I really feel the release scheduling mess (and dropping quality) of The Hobbit really limited the success of LotR. They had to spend time making under-researched sets that weren't even in scenes in the corresponding movies, when they could have made more actual fan favourites from the movies everyone loved. Of course, the primary target is the kids watching the new movies, but that didn't work out.

I'm just happy we got Bag End, Orthanc and Helm's Deep. Those three are plenty iconic. We also DID get the entire Fellowship, and the entire Thorin&Co. It's just a shame that many awesome characters and creatures were obviously saved up for a third line that never released. People like to give Lego shit for doing the corsairs or the Black Gate instead of many more important scenes, but if they HAD done that and went ahead with a third season, that one would have been filled with shelfwarmers. They needed to space them out a bit.

So did anyone here actually play (and maybe finish) Lego Batman 3 yet? I loved the first and really enjoyed the second one also with it's open world gameplay, what about part 3? Worth getting or did the formula get worse and/or did the game lose it's charm?

Also: best version?

Do you guys ever trade CMFs among yourselves via USPS?

I'll be going after the Simpsons series 2 figures this summer and wondering if LegoGAF would be a good place to trade my dupes.

Do you guys ever trade CMFs among yourselves via USPS?

I'll be going after the Simpsons series 2 figures this summer and wondering if LegoGAF would be a good place to trade my dupes.

Yes. There's trading here and on a dedicated (but seldom used) LEGO trading thread.

Although you may just want to hone your bag smooshing skills.

robochimp

Yes. There's trading here and on a dedicated (but seldom used) LEGO trading thread.

I smooshed out the king today!

I got the new Lego Justice League movie today. Batzarro is a really neat minifig. There is a really nice Hawkman ship in the movie.

Maengun1

I love feelilng out the minifigure bags. I've gotten pretty good at it, picked up all of series 13 in go and only made one mistake. Had 2 goblins and no unicorn girl (got careless at the end, felt the 2nd goblin hat with ears and thought it was her). Had to go back and get her the next day.

It was actually the first series of Simpsons minifigs that got me into the minifigs in the first place, so now I look at online pictures of all the previous lines and weep. :(

LaNaranja

Does anyone know when double VIP points will come back? I want to wait until then to pick up the Avengers set. Also is there an ETA on the Winter Soldier?

ghostmind

March 1st LEGO Store/S@H Releases
CITY Demolition
Elves
Juniors
Marvel Super Heroes
Ninjago
Pirates
Speed Champions
Ultra Agents

Also coming March 1st are keychains with the CMF Gingerbread Man, Robot and Mermaid.
And the rumored Pirates Chess Set is also supposed to be released on March 1st.
EDIT: And of course The Helicarrier (general release)

Hope you all get nice tax refunds!

CITY Demolition
Elves
Juniors
Marvel Super Heroes
Ninjago
Pirates
Speed Champions
Ultra Agents

Also coming March 1st are keychains with the CMF Gingerbread Man, Robot and Mermaid.

I hope the keychain robot the Series 1 robot.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
CITY Demolition
Elves
Juniors
Marvel Super Heroes
Ninjago
Pirates
Speed Champions
Ultra Agents

I got a $35 federal tax refund. And then had to pay $80 in state taxes. Hmmph.
Regardless, I'll at least be getting one Speed Champions set and might pick up one or two Ultra Agents sets. All during double VIP points of course.

Ok, started working a bit on a display stand for the Milano. Figured out an angle for it to rest and the spacing for the braces on the underside. Now I gotta build the support beams to hold it above the ground now. I am not sure if it will work since the ship is so front heavy. But that is something to worry about tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, Toys R Us has The Mine 4204 for $69.98 shipped right now. It shows as $79.98 but there is a $10 discount applied after adding it to cart.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12814911&skuid=12615106

My son has been asking for this set since it came out. Now he gets it. :)

Sadness. They have 75025: Jedi Defender-class Cruiser for about 28% off MSRP and free shipping. Ugh. So tempted.

The 3 minifigs alone cost more than $35 total on Bricklink.

About $30 more to buy the whole set and I get a nice space ship (over 900 pieces).

I will resist.

m0qYlrJqBBW9eyRCWqnOs-A.jpg

Hive Crawler if 50% off too. Add more stuff to get $50 and you get free shipping.

3608192538674040_5.jpg

EDIT: If you are missing some of the Galaxy Squad sets, TRU on eBay has a bunch of them and they are way below MSRP.

So did anyone here actually play (and maybe finish) Lego Batman 3 yet? I loved the first and really enjoyed the second one also with it's open world gameplay, what about part 3? Worth getting or did the formula get worse and/or did the game lose it's charm?

Also: best version?

My 4 year old I have played it on PC. It's great fun. It's basically the same formula as the Marvel game but in DC form. The open world is better than Batman 2 also.

I still prefer Marvel but it's still a really fun game.

ruxtpin

Banned
Bought and built the round droid gunship thing from EP3 yesterday. Had to buy a SW set to get my free Solo. I feel like a lot of the prequel sets get a lot of flak, but I enjoy a lot of them. The camo green clone trooper is dope and the set has some cool play features, and makes a decent parts pack with the big quarter round light grays. My only real complaint is the droid figures still kinda' annoy me, more so the bigger dark gray ones - I feel like the legs are too short or something.

Ponn

Banned
Ok, started working a bit on a display stand for the Milano. Figured out an angle for it to rest and the spacing for the braces on the underside. Now I gotta build the support beams to hold it above the ground now. I am not sure if it will work since the ship is so front heavy. But that is something to worry about tomorrow.

Hey if that works for you do mind posting your part list you used to make it?

And holy crap at that Helicarrier review. I wasn't expecting that box with that piece count. Love the clear piece for the quinjet to simulate it flying, wish they included a couple more so you could have Iron Man buzzing around. I'm really tempted to get the power functions now and i'm glad they are making a video later with them in. I am a little peeved that they didn't make a Maria Hill microfigure since she is pretty iconic on the bridge.

Dragoshi1

I can finally afford the AT-AT, and now no stores in my entire area have it anymore.

DANG IT. I love every Walker from Star Wars, but only have the AT-RT right now.

I guess I can go for the AT-DP.

ghostmind

If anyone has a list of the actual Power Functions needed for the Helicarrier, it would be appreciated. I know which kits are needed, but I don't know if multiples of the light kit are required though, for example.

The kit numbers:

88000 AAA Battery Box
8883 Medium Motor
8870 Light Set

In that Brick Show Helicarrier review, there was an advert for the Age of Ultron sets, but which Ultron figure is this? It doesn't look like any of the Ultron figures we've seen.

Hey if that works for you do mind posting your part list you used to make it?

And holy crap at that Helicarrier review. I wasn't expecting that box with that piece count. Love the clear piece for the quinjet to simulate it flying, wish they included a couple more so you could have Iron Man buzzing around. I'm really tempted to get the power functions now and i'm glad they are making a video later with them in. I am a little peeved that they didn't make a Maria Hill microfigure since she is pretty iconic on the bridge.
Once I build it completely I will post pics with a breakdown. I am still toying with some angles. The problem is the shape on the underside of the ship.

Rootbeer

Banned
that should go on sale on march 1st (i hope), would like to add it to my S@H order. I got the valentines set (which was a quick sellout), I don't want to miss any of this year's seasonal sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom