• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

New to Lego Minifigs. Hit the supermarket to feel S13 bags and hopefully score Hot Dog Man; weird thing is the first bag that I felt was seemingly him. Thinking I was crazy, I felt a few more before becoming certain the first bag was indeed Hot Dog Man and I was right! I'm not collecting them all - I'll be finished with S13 after I get Fencer.

Gutted I missed out on S12 (do any UK shops still have this?). Spooky Girl and Wizard look awesome, the latter reminds me of Word 97's Merlin.

16450634096_fa24d7e188_z.jpg

Wetwired - have you seen this? Love it.

Nitemare1

Ok, started working a bit on a display stand for the Milano. Figured out an angle for it to rest and the spacing for the braces on the underside. Now I gotta build the support beams to hold it above the ground now. I am not sure if it will work since the ship is so front heavy. But that is something to worry about tomorrow.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've been sizing mine up for something similar but I'm not sure exactly how to tackle it yet.

We need a Fred Meyers here on the West Coast! Would love these deals.
They are on the westcost but mostly in Pacific Northwest. I think on the Eastcoast they call Krogers. I love Fred every January they have buy one get 40% off Lego just in time for when new stuffs are showing up.

Ryuuroden

They are on the westcost but mostly in Pacific Northwest. I think on the Eastcoast they call Krogers. I love Fred every January they have buy one get 40% off Lego just in time for when new stuffs are showing up.

Krogers is a Grocery store here, although some Kroger Marketplaces have small selection of toys. Of the 15 or so I've been to in my city I know of only one that actually carries much besides food and its a single toy aisle where I used to get some awesome clearance deals on. First year out of the dark ages I got 5 Creator houses for 80% off.

Ponn

Banned
Speaking about the Milano, has anyone applied the stickers yet from the RR polybag? Wondering if I should just leave it alone or if it actually looks good with them.

Speaking about the Milano, has anyone applied the stickers yet from the RR polybag? Wondering if I should just leave it alone or if it actually looks good with them.

Nope. I haven't even opened the polybag yet...of course it would require me to reassemble the Milano and I'm feeling lazy so that's probably why.

I think it may also be I've just grown a disdain for stickers.

I sort of want to get extra pieces to put the stickers on so I don't have to always be stuck with the stickers.

I sort of want to get extra pieces to put the stickers on so I don't have to always be stuck with the stickers.

I still haven't seen good examples either. I actually haven't opened it yet so was surprised to see how many stickers are included:

Close up shots here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/2mln4e/milano_stickers/cm5o778

Now that I'm the proud owner of way too many Technic masts I need to get in gear and elevate my Milano & Quinjet. I took a look at the bottom of the Milano and Phon is right....based on weight distribution you may need to "hook" it by the inverted slope near the flick fire missiles. Whatever I do, I like the idea of including the figs so I'll try to incorporate that.

I'm almost done Slave 1. I've very much enjoyed it, and was pleasantly surprised at the
"vents" that attach via droid arms on the sides
. I make a habit of not inspecting pictures or watching videos prior to building sets so it was a nice discovery.

Why do I feel like the Easter set is the first time I've ever seen a round 2x2 jumper? I've seen 1x2 rectangles and 2x2 squares but I can't remember the last time I saw a circle.

I tried a method of threading a technic beam through the open gap above the stud cannons on the Milano, but could not make the rest of the stand adequately hold the rest of the ship. That was one of my failed attempts but seemed so neat as I was starting it.

I am about to go upstairs and continue on it, but the method I have now that seems to work is the beams bracing against the small 2x2 slopes coming out along the underside. The Milano should lean forward and brace against the technic beams enough and also hold it at an angle. I think it will work once I get a base and support underneath it and not just hold it in my hands.

Time to build!
And have more beer!

This is just the really rough and dirty stand for the Milano. The spacing on this allows the arms jutting out to rest against the front of the 2x2 inverted slopes sticking out of the bottom of the ship. I will pretty it up and add a place for figures on the side, but the spacing works for the ship. The key is having an 8 stud wide area between the beams that just out, and the placement of the cross support will support the ship.

Time to pretty it up though.

Okay. A bit more refinement to the stand for Milano.

I moved the front crossbeam up because the ship never touched on it before. It still doesn't, but is still good for support.

Side view for those wanting an idea of the spacing on things.

The angle at which the Milano rests on it.

Close up showing how the ship actually rests against the beams sticking out.

Ignore the crap quality of the pictures or how ugly the stand is. This is still just in the refinement stage. The main supports are probably going to stay like that, but the base at the bottom is an obvious placeholder I might play around with refining the supports to use less pieces, but right now I am going for a utilitarian approach to it instead of a pretty and refined look. I will also dig out the figures and figure out a stand for those. I am thinking of a small strip jutting out from the side at the front and going about the length of the wings for all the figures to be displayed on.

But, I need to stop for the night. One of the children has gotten pissy that I am not paying attention to her.

i knew something wasn't right about that "Lando" stache...

also: I just started playing Lego City Undercover for the first time and... i've only done the intro part and i already think this is gonna be the best Lego game EVER MADE!!! the humor alone is almost on par with the Lego Movie as far as i am concerned!

ghostmind

A couple of new CITY sets revealed at LEGO World Copenhagen:

vvOkBFu.jpg

60096 Deep Sea Plane

0oqP5S1.jpg

60098 Heavy Haul Train

BAapx9k.jpg

60098 Heavy Haul Train

QUYiGoM.jpg

The blue crane is also part of 60098.

And a couple shots of sets that were already revealed at TF:

CF3yYYk.jpg

1Z8TAr6.jpg

Photos via L@GO on Eurobricks.

Still waiting for this to be released in Australia. So glad I don't have to buy the Sea Cow just to get it. Looks like there will never be another way of getting the small scale Metal Beard though :(

Yeah I ordered it ages ago from the Lego site. Still no sign of it in stores in Tassie.

Ponn

Banned
Great Milano stand Phon. I need more technic beams but I do like how its tilted forward. And yea don't want pissy cats, they will take out their anger on your Lego displays.

edit: also saw the brickshow power functions video for Helicarrier. Think i've backed off that for now. You have to take the runway on and off to switch it on and I just don't see myself doing that.

ghostmind

Great Milano stand Phon. I need more technic beams but I do like how its tilted forward. And yea don't want pissy cats, they will take out their anger on your Lego displays.

edit: also saw the brickshow power functions video for Helicarrier. Think i've backed off that for now. You have to take the runway on and off to switch it on and I just don't see myself doing that.

Once you have the PFs installed, you just have to lift the loose runway plate that is over the bridge to access the power button, so it doesn't seem that much of an issue. You could probably even hook up an IR receiver to the motor, so you could use a remote control (and get some control over fan rotation speed).

The lights seemed completely unnecessary though, and the wiring for that actually gets in the way of the bridge (unless there is a more tidy way to do it than the host did), so I will probably leave that out entirely.

EDIT - I'm not sure if he built the fans correctly either. There seemed to be way too much friction in the rotation of those things. He probably over-tightened some parts on the axles.

Dat shipwreck

I wonder though... will the actual set come with that many invisible Minifig stands or at ALL? They look awesome and would be most welcome!!!

Rootbeer

Banned
Got this month's brick loot. It's the last one of the 3 month sub I signed up for to test it out. It's also the best of the 3 and I'm now wondering if it's worth signing up again... but I think I'll pass. Though it's going to suck missing out on some of the exclusives if this continues to gain in popularity. It's a bit expensive though honestly I do think you get your money's worth. Look into it if you're curious

No shirt this month, which is fine since there was one last month. But we got:

- This months' custom exclusive build is a spaceship (all 100% real LEGO parts)
- CapeMadness (3 minifigure capes of varying styles)
- Brickmania 3 genuine LEGO minifigs (one was a star wars clonetrooper, wasn't expecting to get any SW parts!) with a pack of war-themed decals
- Wampa Snack Maker, a silicon tray for shaping water/chocolate/juice in the freezer. creates 4x2 LEGO shaped bricks, pretty cool
- LightupBlock, a light-up lightsaber that is powered by a cord attached to a 4x2 brick which can act as a minifigure stand
- Brickjournal #33 (March 2015 issue)
- a few fliers advertising LEGO prodcuts and one that details this month's box

Experien

Got this month's brick loot. It's the last one of the 3 month sub I signed up for to test it out. It's also the best of the 3 and I'm now wondering if it's worth signing up again... but I think I'll pass. Though it's going to suck missing out on some of the exclusives if this continues to gain in popularity. It's a bit expensive though honestly I do think you get your money's worth. Look into it if you're curious

No shirt this month, which is fine since there was one last month. But we got:

- This months' custom exclusive build is a spaceship (all 100% real LEGO parts)
- CapeMadness (3 minifigure capes of varying styles)
- Brickmania 3 genuine LEGO minifigs (one was a star wars clonetrooper, wasn't expecting to get any SW parts!) with a pack of war-themed decals
- Wampa Snack Maker, a silicon tray for shaping water/chocolate/juice in the freezer. creates 4x2 LEGO shaped bricks, pretty cool
- LightupBlock, a light-up lightsaber that is powered by a cord attached to a 4x2 brick which can act as a minifigure stand
- Brickjournal #33 (March 2015 issue)
- a few fliers advertising LEGO prodcuts and one that details this month's box

That doesn't sound too bad. I've been on the fence between this one and Brick Builder's Club but not sure if either are for me. thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom