• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've built my first Star Wars sets. What have I started?!?!
maxresdefault.jpg

You have just taken your first step into a larger world.

Rootbeer

Banned
So they are FINALLY releasing it? LOL.

Well for 3.99 i'll snag one. if I can find it. Yeah, rocket wasn't hard to score if you paid attention to it's availability. And my local TRU is full of brown ninjas STILL. Rocket sold out pretty fast though, within a week or two.

Assuming they get a similar number of these... I don't think it will be a super fast sellout. Should be easier to get.

Next I want them to make a Shocker action figure for a Spidey set.

Or, make a set called "Revenge of the Sinister Six." Have it come with Spidey, the entire Sinister Six, and a small destructible play area like Hulk Lab Smash was. And have all the villains in classic costumes. The problem is that there have been so many incarnations of the team, which one do you go with to make the set?

My personal favorite line up:
Sinister_Six_(Earth-9510).jpg

Shocker is awesome. Just a dude who wants to rob banks, no craziness beyond wearing a quilt.

Man, I love his costume. And it even looks awesome in LEGO form.

Shocker_01.png

That is what hurts about the comic book LEGO video games. We see so many representations of characters in there, but we will never get the figures.

At the same time, if we can get MODOK and Taskmaster figures, anything is fair game.

ghostmind

Man, I love his costume. And it even looks awesome in LEGO form.

Shocker_01.png

That is what hurts about the comic book LEGO video games. We see so many representations of characters in there, but we will never get the figures.

At the same time, if we can get MODOK and Taskmaster figures, anything is fair game.

And we do already have a recent good interpretation of Doc Ock:

7Ali36c.jpg

And we have Sandman and Rhino coming this summer (hopefully we'll see if they look like the classic versions this coming weekend). The Decool Rhino bigfig is a viable alternative as well. And we are also getting the Green Goblin in a Juniors set, though GG hasn't traditionally been part of the Sinister Six.

ghostmind

Speaking of Decool - check out Groot.

nurU2nG.jpg

Out of curiosity, for those of you who have bought Decool minifigs before - where do you buy them from? Aliexpress? eBay?

Speaking of Decool - check out Groot.

nurU2nG.jpg

Out of curiosity, for those of you who have bought Decool minifigs before - where do you buy them from? Aliexpress? eBay?

Aliexpress. So far I haven't had any issues with several sellers.

Decool is the highest quality of knockoffs I've seen. It's hard to buy just one minifig as they tend to group them in sets that they are released. Price is so low for the sets though it doesn't matter to me. Big figs you can sometimes buy alone. It's between $1-$1.50 per minifig and shipping is often free.

Beware as you probably know, quality assurance are horrible on the knockoffs. I was missing parts on two minifigs on a Decool purchase. No biggie as I only really cared about the Zur-En-Arrh minifig (in which the printing on the legs were noticeably off).

Wow that Groot is FANTASTIC.

Seeing all these Decool knockoff BigFig variants and even the designs for the prototype Lego BigFigs have me more and more disappointed in the ones we actually get. Clearly they could do so much more with them :(

Saw a store here put a reversed Parisian Restaurant next to the original, so it looks like one huge building with a staircase on either end. I can't imagine how much it'd screw with your head to pull off a mirrored build.

It's not so bad.
By the power of Bricklink

Photos and words just don't do its size justice. It is freaking enormous!

It's also fabulous! Looks great and such fun to build. :D

crappy pictures are crappy, I think this calls for getting my DSLR out of the closet.

Rootbeer

Banned
regarding those groot figures

there are already lots of them on ebay. bidding starting at less than a dollar on most. some are up to 3 to 5 dollars.

Ponn

Banned
If only Decool made a Colossus :(

i'm sure its coming, I have a Juggernaut and Rhino coming any day now. This Groot is really cool because I had sent that set back because of missing minifig and have been dragging my feet reordering it because its such an awful set. Now that we have this Groot and I already have a Rocket fig from that polybag I have no reason to get that set now.

Maybe I will go further down the rabbit hole and get the Tie Advanced set instead....hmmmm.

edit: also that Electro movie polybag will be such a shelfwarmer.

Hmm, that torso would be a good replacement for the S13 Galaxy Trooper's plain black one. I might have to snag a couple of those.

I was thinking the same thing. Torso and legs are just cool all by themselves and are generic enough for lots of reuse. I'd would like a few of them, but we'll see as they may be hard to find and it's $4 a pop just to get the torso and legs.

Rootbeer

Banned
what a terrible polybag :/

Give us SOMETHING new, anything. How about some printing on spidey's legs or arms. is that so hard?

well, at least kids will have a cheap way to get spider-man

oh wait, no that's not true. they'll all be picked up by prospectors :p

ghostmind

Give us SOMETHING new, anything. How about some printing on spidey's legs or arms. is that so hard?

I kind of like this one, as the robot looks to be a Spider-Slayer.

At least its not another poly with Spider-Man riding around on a completely unnecessary vehicle, like the Spider-Glider from the last poly.

Ponn

Banned

That hot gold rush on the super jumper pieces.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
By the power of Bricklink

Photos and words just don't do its size justice. It is freaking enormous!

It's also fabulous! Looks great and such fun to build. :D

crappy pictures are crappy, I think this calls for getting my DSLR out of the closet.

This is on my list of things to do. I have the smaller Falcon set and it's cool, but I crave that UCS Falcon. I don't even know where I'd put it, maybe I'll build a stained oak custom stand just for it.

Out of curiosity, what did it cost you to bricklink the entire set?

I believe I asked this when you first posted that, but I need to ask again:
2z26Kgc.gif

Why did you build the Falcon as a mirror version of it?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1595832/because-i-can-o.gif
Because I can.

This is on my list of things to do. I have the smaller Falcon set and it's cool, but I crave that UCS Falcon. I don't even know where I'd put it, maybe I'll build a stained oak custom stand just for it.

Out of curiosity, what did it cost you to bricklink the entire set?

I should not have checked up on that. I had forgotten all about it.
~1500€
A few parts were substituted for cheaper alternatives.
  • Short umbrella stands for long ones
  • black angles instead of yellow ones.
  • Various white parts where replaced by Light Blay ones.
  • etc.

Ponn

Banned
Using them as stands is the hot new trend, it's not so far fetched!

I heard people like them to make certain figs look like they are floating. I haven't opened any of the new sets with them yet. I'm a little spooked to use them though because I also heard they cause stress on the legs of the figs and can cause cracks.

If anyone was looking to buy that Groot big fig here is a link to the site I and I know a couple others here use. Free shipping, they come from China so expect a couple weeks at least and they usually don't come with the boxes.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thans Ponn... i ordered one. $5 and free shipping is about what I expected to pay. You can sometimes get them a tiny bit cheaper on ebay but you run the risk of more problems, I'd imagine.

i used my credit card through that site. hope that wasn't a mistake... :p

it's trying to get me to sign up for alipay after i paid... not sure I really need that...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I should not have checked up on that. I had forgotten all about it.
~1500€
A few parts were substituted for cheaper alternatives.

That...um, woah. o_O

What is that in dollars? Am I reading it wrong? Did you type an extra zero in that??? I expected it to be MUCH less via bricklink, hell couldn't you have bought an actual set "used" for about the same?

Or has the set gone up that much lately?

The mechanical thingy is cool, but I get what you are saying about the Spider-Man minifig. They are probably unloading the remaining Spider-Man minifigs with that print. There must be 1 Spider-Man minifig with that design for every kid on the planet by now.

Someone is going to have to make a MOC with only Super Jumpers and Brick Separators.

I think the pieces would explode. One is designed to remove pieces, the other is designed to bond to the minifig legs on the molecular level.

So folks, I thought I had missed out on getting Aviation Adventures for sorta cheap but thanks to Kmart of all places I ended up getting it. Now my hotdog guy will have something to fly with.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So folks, I thought I had missed out on getting Aviation Adventures for sorta cheap but thanks to Kmart of all places I ended up getting it. Now my hotdog guy will have something to fly with.

Nice! That set is just awesome. I did all three builds (did the plane last so that I could display it) and had a great time with all three. Super fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom