• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
So Fone ..or anyone else... if I wanted to try the best of the Friends set what would people recommend? Dolphin Cruiser? Olivias House? Something else? That mansion coming out later this year looks pretty great..

I have built a few Friends sets with my niece and have watched her put together sets on her own. I would definitely recommend Olivia's House as the little details are just great.

The biggest Friends set I have helped my niece with and the most fun we have had building.

The level of detail in friends sets puts everything save for the last 2-3 modulars to shame. Like embarrassingly so. I'm pretty sure I've complained about this before too.

I remember building the Creator Family House, the one that has the light brick in it, and the only detail on the entire inside of the house... is a chair. Then on the second floor, outside the main structure, there's a bed... and a lamp.

That's it for the entire set.

Meanwhile, the Friends Emma's House set that just came out, has a fully detailed kitchen with sink and cooking accessories, as well as a dining table that seats 4, a living room with a couch and an HDTV, a bathroom with a toilet and a and a bath tub and sink, a bedroom with an actual mirror, and on the roof there's a BBQ and even an easel with a painting on it.

Like, WHAT? They were even the same price!! ($70) The main difference is that Family House has all 4 walls and Emma's House is just the front and sides.

Even the little $40 Friends Beach House has more interior detail than the $70 Creator house. So pathetic.

Ironmask

I've got quite a lot of Friends set for my daughter and i must thank her for letting me know this line that otherwise would be unseen for the classic "it's pink" reason.
Friends is the most varied serie in existence, only the 90s City Theme was the same. You have houses, stores, farms, boats, wildlife activity stuff etc... and everything is easy to remodel for a proper Lego diorama.
personally, the coolest sets are:
41058 Heartlake shopping mall
41015 Dolphin Cruiser
41037 Stephanies beach house
41034 Summer Caravan
3315 Olivia's house
41056 Heartlake news van

melike75

Neo Member
Wow - looks like my original knee-jerk reaction was way off then. I mean, i thought they looked fun but didnt really overly consider them..mostly tbh because of the minidolls ( I really REALLY like my minifigs).
TBH - i forget they even exist as in Australia (well, Western Australia at least) the Friends sets are not with the rest of the LEGO so they slip my mind.

Recommended:

lego_hairsalon01.jpg

There are lots of neat ideas in Friends and since they focus more on playability rather than rebuildability you get more unique pieces compared to Creator. For better or worse. The only problem is that you get tons of pieces in strange colours that you find no use for, as well as tons and tons of hair ribbons and flowers. Apart from that, there's plenty to like. I've bought a fair bit of Friends sets recently and the Grand Hotel is one of the most interesting sets for 2015.

Rootbeer

Banned
I mentioned before that amazon.com hid the listings for all of those May 2015 sets. But for some reason they did not hide this one. In case anyone wants to buy it :p

BTW, if you click that listing and then scroll down a little to the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" seciton, you'll see a bunch of March 2015 sets... but if you click them it says not found :p sneaky amazon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

Here I was hoping we'd finally see LEGO Rocksteady and Beebop
I'm glad someone shares my sentiments.
Hmm, should I get the new Hawkeye or just settle for the old one...new Thor is different doesn't look enough to warrant and upgrade
Out of all of the Avengers team I'm least taken with Hawkeye so I'm not pining for this figure... but who am I kidding, I will be getting all of the sets (eventually), but I'm much more interested in the Hulkbuster and Quinjet sets.

wetwired

I mentioned before that amazon.com hid the listings for all of those May 2015 sets. But for some reason they did not hide this one. In case anyone wants to buy it :p

BTW, if you click that listing and then scroll down a little to the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" seciton, you'll see a bunch of March 2015 sets... but if you click them it says not found :p sneaky amazon

I'm glad someone shares my sentiments.

Out of all of the Avengers team I'm least taken with Hawkeye so I'm not pining for this figure... but who am I kidding, I will be getting all of the sets (eventually), but I'm much more interested in the Hulkbuster and Quinjet sets.

Yeah I'm the same with hawkeye and even black widow but I'm thinking in terms of my avengers ikea frame, I want the most accurate as possible. I'm gonna trade up to the new hulk too even though I prefer the face of the old one. Biggest question mark for me will be if I fork out what I expect to be a small fortune for the helicarrier exclusive figs. I get the feeling I won't have enough room in the frame anyway and will have to exclude some.

Marvel and The Avengers by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Wolverine, Loki, Deadpool and Magneto are solely to fill out the frame so I guess I can swap them out for Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision and Nick Fury (who is actually already in this frame, the non-helicarrier one, I just haven't taken a new photo, I took out magneto)

I'll keep spidey in and hopefully there will be a new one when he appears in the MCU

I guess I'll need the new cap and iron man too...

Yeah I'm the same with hawkeye and even black widow but I'm thinking in terms of my avengers ikea frame, I want the most accurate as possible. I'm gonna trade up to the new hulk too even though I prefer the face of the old one. Biggest question mark for me will be if I fork out what I expect to be a small fortune for the helicarrier exclusive figs. I get the feeling I won't have enough room in the frame anyway and will have to exclude some.

Marvel and The Avengers by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Wolverine, Loki, Deadpool and Magneto are solely to fill out the frame so I guess I can swap them out for Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision and Nick Fury (who is actually already in this frame, the non-helicarrier one, I just haven't taken a new photo, I took out magneto)

I'll keep spidey in and hopefully there will be a new one when he appears in the MCU

I guess I'll need the new cap and iron man too...

Ok that looks seriously awesome!!!

Couple things though, where is that Spiderman from? And are those custom guns? I feel they look a bit more badass than they should?

ghostmind

Pirates Chess set:

RVLGrFD.jpg

KLzaGyZ.jpg

This is much better than the Kingdoms one that came out a couple years ago. I love how this one collapses for storage/display.

Should be available from LEGO stores and S@H on March 1st.

Eh i don't really dig that Chess set, way too busy for my eyes, Chess is supposed to look simple and clean so you can focus on the strategy instead of being distracted by colors and different looks, accessories etc.

That problem is inherent to ALL non standard chess sets though i suppose so... pay me no mind.

ghostmind

NYTF has just started with select media/fan sites being toured around the LEGO booth for the next 2 hours.

Expect the flood of images and videos to start shortly.

ghostmind

YVVPXOF.jpg

75095 TIE Fighter
Ages 14+
1,685 pieces
US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1799.00 DKK(Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing)

We proudly present the Ultimate Collector Series LEGO® Star Wars TIE Fighter. As featured in many of the action-packed Star Wars battle scenes, including the decisive battle that led to the destruction of the first Death Star, this large-scale LEGO-brick rendition of the classic Imperial starfighter has intricate detailing, as well as an opening top hatch and an exclusive TIE Fighter Pilot minifigure with a blaster pistol. And when you want to keep it safe from Rebel attack, mount the model on the display stand and keep yourself updated with all the key facts and figures on the included fact plaque. The Ultimate Collector Series TIE Fighter is the perfect addition to your Star Wars collection!

• Includes a TIE Fighter Pilot minifigure with a blaster pistol
  • Features an opening top hatch
  • Includes a display stand and informative fact plaque
  • The perfect flagship model for fans of Star Wars and LEGO® brick building
  • Collect one of the most iconic starships in the galaxy!
  • TIE Fighter measures 18.5” (47cm) high, 12” (30.6cm) long and 12.2” (31cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning 
May 2015 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores, or via phone.

Designer Video

yW91wQe.png

OFiUl0X.png

p2OFchA.png

Wh5Du6b.png

4iFN0AK.png

r4rVxAL.png

wetwired

Ok that looks seriously awesome!!!

Couple things though, where is that Spiderman from? And are those custom guns? I feel they look a bit more badass than they should?

That's the Spiderman 2 minifig from 2004

The guns are custom, from brickarms, brickforge, minifig cat, can't remember which ones.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok the AntMan figures all look amazing, even Hank Pym in suit.

Deathstroke looks well and the Joker Funland is amazing!!
Edit:OMG the Jurassic world sets look soo good

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok the mecha rhino is disappointing but otherwise great sets, now only the Carnage set is missing and we know all superheroes ones

AHHH EVERYTHING ABOUT THE SCOOBY SETS IS PERFECT!!!

The Sets all look great, the minifigures are AMAZING, and the box art design is fantastic and even uses the classic character designs!!! I'm so happy!! August can't come fast enough!!!!

Also those Minecraft sets are KILLING ME they look SO GOOD!!

*goes into convulsions*

Edit: Please for the love of God let Jurassic World get a second wave with a new Triceratops and the classic vehicles. I don't want to pay aftermarket prices for the Trike and they're even in the movie in the petting zoo, there's no reason not to do it ;__;

Also one set is still missing since there are four Raptors.

IHaveIce

Banned
Morales Spider-man and Carnage look amazing.

Mega mad about the duplo goblin though...

Who the fuck thought was juniors themed..

And duplo to get a real goblin before lego amazing

Is the Spider-Man in the Rhino/Sandman set STILL the same one that they're currently using? Good LORD.

Also why in the word would Iron Spider and Spider-Man be in the same set, they're both Peter Parker. Morales Spider-Man I get, there's a different kid under the mask, but Iron Spider and regular Spidey are the same guy. Where is the logic.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooo! Leaks! It's like Christmas morning.

I really love the Batmobile in the Jokerland set, but I don't really care for the rest of the set. Oof.

Edit: After seeing that higher resolution photo of the Ant-Man set, that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom