• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

z3Ev7Oe.jpg

FDLxZjF.jpg

pbQM34T.jpg

Man what a crazy fake-out with the Duplo set getting revealed first, hahahahaha we were pisssed!

I also love the random cop in that set!?

"Hey we gotta put three minifigs in this thing, we've got Spidey and a new Green Goblin, who else should we add from Marvel?"
"Uhhhh how about a generic cop"
"Yes good idea!"

Cool to see they're finally putting that weird rainbow colored brick tile thing into a Mixel set, I've always wondered what the deal was with that clear window on the packages.

Elves sets look absolutely insane, there's no reason those wings shouldn't fit into normal Lego horses, right?

One step closer to bringing my Lego Greek Mythology theme wish to fruition.

Rootbeer

Banned
ROBIN do you have to be captured every single time! What a crappy sidekick LEGO makes you out to be

Wow the Elves Pegasus Sleigh with the cool little dragon >.<

Please stop LEGO. Go home. All these cool sets that want to come home with me and that's before even accounting for Ep 7 sets argghhh

Lego NEEDS to do a Greek Mythology theme now, they have all the parts!

Medusa CMF
Cyclops CMF
Minotaur CMF
Pegasus wings from Elves set

Modify the roller skates to have little wings and you have Icarus

Put the Minotaur and Cyclops CMF heads onto BigFig bodies ala the Mammoth Chima BigFig

Brick built titans

The Lego Centaur CMF designs we've seen

DO IT LEGO DO IT

Edit:

10957295_1434922250133284_1259057480_n.jpg

I'm into it. Great looking plane. Should be perfect for the slightly smaller Minifigs, and I like the look of the build much better than that crummy Cargo Plane that just retired recently.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I love this set. It should be the only Deep Sea set that I need. It's got a nice little underwater scene and a pretty sweet submersible and nothing in it that I don't want.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Will stick to regular Tie Fighter.
Jurassic World sets don't grab me atm. Will grab dinos on their own.

Scooby sets look good. Ant-Man set is cute.

Kipp

I know it's not a newly revealed set, but I keep forgetting how awesome that Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is...
I think I'll have to wait until it's discounted to get it though. That 1204 piece count is gonna be pricey, even though it looks like it'll be worth the price.

Totally getting the Spaceport and the Deep Sea Submarine, might go for the huge boat with the sunken ship hull too.

Also didn't notice that Town Hall's Lego store comes with tiny Minifig scale Lego sets. Damnation, another reason for me to pine after it.

Husky, sweet tram, Lego Store with two exclusive retro Minifigs and Lego "boxes", scooter, coffee guy (missed out on the CMF coffee guy sadly), yeah I'm probably gonna wind up getting that.

Dang that big Diver set comes with like every underwater animal Lego has made, with the exception of the stingray I think? Still hate the new printed eyes on the sharks though, I really really hate that so much. :mad:

ghostmind

Totally getting the Spaceport and the Deep Sea Submarine, might go for the huge boat with the sunken ship hull too.

Also didn't notice that Town Hall's Lego store comes with tiny Minifig scale Lego sets. Damnation, another reason for me to pine after it.

Husky, sweet tram, Lego Store with two exclusive retro Minifigs and Lego "boxes", scooter, coffee guy (missed out on the CMF coffee guy sadly), yeah I'm probably gonna wind up getting that.

That Green Futuron minifig is an unreleased exclusive.

This really is Christmas morning!

1) I love the Unikitty tail on that Ninjago dragon. Amazing!
2) Whoever called Sabine's helmet getting included in an expensive set....you get a cookie.

Kipp

I really dig the Imperial Shuttle and Imperial Assault Carrier, but I'm not invested into the Star Wars theme at all, so it'll be difficult to convince myself to spend $100+ on those sets...

Same thing with the Ninjago mechs and Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty. Both are sweet sets, but pretty pricey for something I'm not at all invested in. I feel like those are more likely to get heavily discounted at the end of their run though. I mean, pretty much all the sets, especially the big sets, from the last Ninjago wave are on clearance right now.

All I know for certain is that I'll be scooping up all those Scooby sets (well, I might wait a bit on the museum set. That one doesn't really do much for me).

10957295_1434922250133284_1259057480_n.jpg

I'm into it. Great looking plane. Should be perfect for the slightly smaller Minifigs, and I like the look of the build much better than that crummy Cargo Plane that just retired recently.

Haha. I love that there's a security checkpoint.

ghostmind

Whew... just waiting on Friends now.

That UCS TIE Fighter reveal came out of nowhere!

Expect some videos of set features in action throughout the weekend.

Maybe a reveal or some leaks???

Woorloog

Banned
Note how the Death Star Final Duel display and the box have blue sabers for Luke, but the minifigure list in the box has a green saber.
How odd.

EDIT Also note how Darth Vader's head has eyebrows. I wonder if whoever designed the print doesn't like the 2004 edition of ROTJ...

Jimbro72

Sensory overload this morning! So much cool stuff being shown.

I'm all in for the Scooby sets and SW stuff, even those odd constructable figures. Those may look good displayed next to those technic SW figs from years ago. The UCS TIE looks like a great display piece but not the most compelling build. Still, a must have, as I'll have it take the place of the B-wing on my shelf and have it next to the X-wing and falcon.

Liking some of the JP and agents stuff but will most likely pass due to space and budget reasons, especially since a lot of those large city sets look good and those are more a priority to me. That new creator house looks nice, too.

Sensory overload this morning! So much cool stuff being shown.

I'm all in for the Scooby sets and SW stuff, even those odd constructable figures. Those may look good displayed next to those technic SW figs from years ago. The UCS TIE looks like a great display piece but not the most compelling build. Still, a must have, as I'll have it take the place of the B-wing on my shelf and have it next to the X-wing and falcon.

Liking some of the JP and agents stuff but will most likely pass due to space and budget reasons, especially since a lot of those large city sets look good and those are more a priority to me. That new creator house looks nice, too.

Welcome back! Something tells me you have already purchased and built the new Tie.

The TIE doesn't look like the most compelling build, but damn if it doesn't look fantastic. And dat pilot! That is a no brainer purchase for me, even if it is a bit overpriced for the piece count.
And I love how the wings attach to the body.

And anyone else notice the Disney logo on all the Star Wars stuff now? It looks so odd seeing that on there.

Oh, and my wallet is already crying. So many things I want, but simply cannot afford nor have the space for. So many awesome sets.

Jimbro72

Welcome back! Something tells me you have already purchased and built the new Tie.

Thanks. I was always here, just got logged out of my account, forgot my password and spent....months....lurking until I finally decided to rectify it.

Ha, I haven't even picked up the Slave I yet. I'm still trying to wrap up the 2014 sets I want. There's just sooooo much I want and not enough time and money to go around. 2015 is surely not looking any cheaper.

Yeah, 2015 is looking particularly brutal. Much more brutal than 2014 was. I can't decide if 2012 or 2013 was the most brutal year lately though. It is a toss up.

Hey everyone whats going ooooo.....................be back in a couple hours.

Yeah. Gotta go cry in the corner for a bit when I think of how expensive it is going to be.

I woke up, started browsing the thread on my phone in bed. The first half of the page was normal stuff, and then the Toy Fair stuff hit. And it kept coming. It is so much to take in at once.

This thread today so far:
z6BW9Wk.gif

Zerojul

Too much awesome stuff to make a list. Thanks for all the pics GM.
Need the UCS Tie to go with my Red Five, I'm a bit surprised by the fact it's the same price as Slave I though.

Eh, I'm probably not getting the UCS TIE fighter since I just got the prototype. Not that big enough of a star wars fan to get two TIE fighter models in one year.

That said, it does look really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom