• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitemare1

And I am sure I am not the only one that noticed the horribly crooked sticker on the UCS TIE as they showed it off in the video.

Yep. I posted a screen cap but it got mixed in the other flood of pictures on the last page!..

EDIT: Already pointed out by Zerojul! .Thanks! Here's the pic again anyway!

TieSticker_zps7dztvvvk.jpg

Nitemare1

Here's something thats leaving me scratching my head a little.
All this info the week before we get our first crack at the Hellicarrier. It's got to hurt sales a little bit. Ill be honestly Im a little torn now on maybe I should wait and get the Tie Fighter instead. who am i kidding, ill probably end up with both :(

Ryuuroden

Pirates Chess set:

RVLGrFD.jpg

KLzaGyZ.jpg

This is much better than the Kingdoms one that came out a couple years ago. I love how this one collapses for storage/display.

Should be available from LEGO stores and S@H on March 1st.

UCS TIE FIGHTER!!!

U6SomBg.jpg

YVVPXOF.jpg

75095 TIE Fighter
Ages 14+
1,685 pieces
US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1799.00 DKK(Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing)

Designer Video

yW91wQe.png

OFiUl0X.png

p2OFchA.png

Wh5Du6b.png

4iFN0AK.png

r4rVxAL.png

wow all this delicious stufff, shoulda checked in earlier

Here's something thats leaving me scratching my head a little.
All this info the week before we get our first crack at the Hellicarrier. It's got to hurt sales a little bit. Ill be honestly Im a little torn now on maybe I should wait and get the Tie Fighter instead. who am i kidding, ill probably end up with both :(
That's probably the answer: those of us crazy enough to see these pre release photos will buy both if we want them.

LaNaranja

Why do there have to be so many snazzy looking sets? :(

And putting Beast Boy and Starfire in that giant Batman set is evil. Why couldn't they release a Teen Titans set? :(

kitzkozan

Yeah, overwhelming amount of stuff and it doesn't even include the SW episode VII sets. XD I'm guessing Toys'R'us will have to make more space available for the massive amount of Lego products?

I'm sticking with my plan of buying a couple of SW sets this year. I bought a snowspeeder last week, so I will probably get an AT-AT and the upcoming Hoth base (and I'm tempted by the final duel and imperial shuttle sets). The winter village set should close out the year since the lack of space is a detriment to the amount of Lego I can buy.

Ponn

Banned
Ok, took the time and went over everything. First and foremost.

BWAHAHAHAHA - Chicken Legs Darth Vader

Glad I was not here for the great Duplo Green Goblin meltdown of 2015

Damn you Lego, love/hate relationship continues. You give us an awesome Green Goblin (lets ignore the glider for now) then give us that shitty ass Rhino. Yea I know you are going off of Ultimate Spider-Man mostly but from other releases (like Green Goblin) we know you don't have to. Thankfully I knew it would be shitty and ordered the Decool one. Whatever though, Miles, Iron Spidey, Carnage and Sandman look great. That Shield Helicopter will look cool on the Helicarrier to.

Scooby Doo - nuff said, we all know its awesome.

DC Lego - I like Joker Funcoland - Still hoping for a Raven fig to complete Teen Titans. Guess i'm going to need a shelf devoted to Batmobiles. I will have to get the Mixer and Ferris Wheel now and integrate them in to make a cool scene. See that is new Harley Quinn, getting closer to newer game/comic version which is a shame. DEATHSTROKE!!

Blue Jet plane looks awesome, really wish I would have picked up Sonic Boom though. Still disappointed in the Space Shuttle.

Jurassic World - Meh. not feeling it.

Star Wars - oh fuck it, I can't fight the Dark Side anymore. I love the Tie Fighter, I loved that UCS Imperial Shuttle (was it a UCS?) and hated missing it but this new one looks pretty good. I saw the AT-AT on sale at Amazon for $95 and knew I had to wait till March for the Helicarrier anyways so just ordered it. You got me sucked in.

Just here Lego, take my wallet, take all of it.

3N16MA

Banned
Information overload (in a good way).

Once again surprised at the Canadian price of a UCS set. $229.99 TIE Fighter puts it under the UCS X-Wing which was released when the Canadian dollar was much better. That makes it three straight UCS sets that could have been priced higher. That being said it looks like a great set but the previous TIE Fighter looks so good that this does not look like a major leap to me. Would love to have one but I won't rush out and get it as I still want 9492.

- Sabine Wren, Deathstroke, Goblin, Carnage are all awesome
- Imperial Shuttle looks great
- Nailed Scooby Doo
- Need to take a good long look at every pic

Buy a single rose and save your money for the important stuff :)

Cade

Mummy set is fun. Was hoping it was the mummy from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? episode but I'll deal! Definitely getting all of those.

All the rest I want mostly for minifigures. Deathstroke batboat, Carnage/Black/red suit spider-man in that set, etc.

Zerojul

Thank you.

Sigh. They seem to be going a bit crazy with awesome super hero figures this year compared to others. So many great ones from DC already out now, and a classic Green Goblin figure from Marvel is so exciting.

Yeah, that Junior set Green Goblin is my most anticipated minifig this time around, with AoU Vision. So good :D

Is it just me or do others think Luke looks like i Robot?

This Luke action figure is awful. Vader works because of the helmet and chest piece. I think this line is going to suffer.

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Thank you.

Sigh. They seem to be going a bit crazy with awesome super hero figures this year compared to others. So many great ones from DC already out now, and a classic Green Goblin figure from Marvel is so exciting.

That Glider is pathetic is the only negative I can say. The good thing is thats easily rectified with a MOC. May even use the glider from the Spider-Helicopter set as a template to go off.

Total sensory overload.

Although the price, piece count, and build are not ideal, the finished UCS TIE looks fantastic!! Must buy for me. It's going to look great with my eFX TIE prop replica.

The elves set with the flying horses is great. I can build a Pegasus!

Lego is hitting it out of the ballpark with all these UCS sets they're releasing. They are really killing it. Tumbler, Slave I, Helicarrier, and now the TIE. I don't remember Lego ever releasing so many big sets (that I want) in such a short amount of time. This is good and bad news. I'm loving this but my wife is going to kill me.

I was initially down on the Scooby Doo sets, but after these pictures probably getting them all.

Ultra Agents continues to be awesome.

Disappointed in Jokerland, but the figure lineup is great, so I will still get that set... but probably need to wait for a deal.

ghostmind

Ultra Agents getting dark.

Professor Brainstein, who is getting captured by Toxikita in the Agent Stealth Patrol set:

mpEJ2Tn.jpg

Looks like she succeeded, and turned him into this:

nqIVNM3.jpg

Jimbro72

Is it just me or do others think Luke looks like i Robot?

This Luke action figure is awful. Vader works because of the helmet and chest piece. I think this line is going to suffer.

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Luke looks most awful in the hip area. There's just nothing there in that area and it looks very strange and too droid like. The Vader will look nice next to the Technic Vader as sort of mini-me version.

ghostmind

I'm thinking that the Star Wars constraction figures will work well with droids, or helmeted characters, but a little weird for faces.

Seeing the mummy set's museum theme makes me want to MOC up a modular museum. I doubt I have anywhere near enough pieces though, and I don't have a research institute for the dino skeleton....

Oh wait research institute appears less expensive secondhand than I feared. cool.

Wow. There's little I _must_ have but lots of potential. I probably want the pegasus set (more minidoll capes!). There's also tons of new faces from Jurassic World to have a look at, but I'm guessing those figures will be expensive. Also, there's no way I'm getting that huge City set. The Futuron guy will be hella expensive, but probably better than getting the whole thing.

Oh, and Pirates chess. Funnily enough I was thinking about it just a few hours ago.

I just checked all the pics and infos and...

for FUCK'S SAKE!!! how is a guy even supposed to EVER keep up with this release schedule? I mean a couple years back when i got out of my dark ages, there were like a few big sets a year and maybe 1-2 smaller ones i'd HAVE to get but NOW???

This is just too much, my wallet is being raped over and over again by Lego and they just keep on piling on must have after must have on top of it :(((((

Lego, PLEASE SLOW DOWN, you're killing me here, i also got other hobbies that need some love (money) you know?

Keep em comin

The new ninjago looks like it'll be great for alot of Mortal Kombat MOCs...

also, those slimer's look cute.I see some ghost leg pieces as well...

One other note that I'm most happy about this year is how on top of Starter Sets/Battle Packs/Army Builder sets Lego is this year. It's something I missed they use to do more long ago, but am happy they are focusing on it more this year.

Odd note as well, seeing the Green Goblin figure makes me wish they would do a Marvel CMF line.

Nitemare1

Saw Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas at the mall today and had a very very hard time leaving it on the shelf. I cant justify buying that set just to get a GG big fig... can I LEGO Gaf? ....

CAN I?????

Saw Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas at the mall today and had a very very hard time leaving it on the shelf. I cant justify buying that set just to get a GG big fig... can I LEGO Gaf? ....

CAN I?????

I'm going to go off-script here and strongly recommend against the set. The figs are good but the builds are incredibly disappointing.

I saw the Double Decker Couch for the first time ever today; it's constantly sold out. The more important question though: what the hell did I just buy?

The good (bad?) side of the UCS Tie reveal is that it pretty much cements the UCS Red Five as my May the 4th purchase as I suppose I'll need both.

Just was in Wal-Mart and they had the Super Secret Police Dropship marked down at 50$ (Can) and they had a bunch of them.

Couldn't pass, looks like an awesome build!

Tigerkiddo - thanks again for sending those DC sets!

I built the Braniac one and it is a fantastic little set. Coupled with the Lex Mech I think one could do a tremendous justice league diorama. It is going on the "not to be dismantled" shelf for sure.

Ponn

Banned
I'm going to go off-script here and strongly recommend against the set. The figs are good but the builds are incredibly disappointing.

Now I know this set is getting alot of flak and I don't have it yet but the figs are needed. i had some ideas for it though including the suggested using the Invisible jet parts for stands. I also was thinking of getting the Future Flyer set and using some of that to make a better Bat Mech, something along the lines of from Kingdom Come.

NP

Man do all of the Ultra Agents villains look great...I need to get all of them even if I don't buy all of the sets. Some of those Creator sets are top notch too...

Why does the Ant Man set come with Hank Pym and Ant Man?

I don't read the comics but I thought they are one and the same. Or is one supposed to represent the "small" version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom