• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phon: I wonder, for huge builds like this one, since you have no instructions obviously, how do you build TWO of the same, like those engines for instance? I mean do you write down every step or how do you recreate the exact same thing AGAIN with 100s of pieces after you're done with the first?
I build a chunk of one, then mirror it on the other. I just go back and forth on both until both finish. Certain things I will try some things, see how they look, then check if I have the pieces to do it twice.
i sometimes also build the second one slightly different for a bit. Like a test run to see which I like more, then I match them up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Friends line eat your heart out!

Dem interiors!

Loving thiiisssss

11052502_10152797920258403_8876407078362363393_o.jpg

11051959_669164549879326_5144300267615403328_n.png

Oh my, I love this. It looks much better than the simpsons house!

GamingKaiju

Hello Lego-Gaf

My eldest son has accumulated a lot of Lego over his years now and has now hit the point where he has lost interest in it.

There are ton's of sets all broken up and in a huge tub, I'm now tasked with getting rid of it, so I'm looking into selling it but there is just so much of it.

Any idea's on how to proceed?

Just to give you an idea of how much there is here are some sets I know are in there:

Lego Lamburgini
Construction set
2xPolice station
Batcave
Batmobile
Crane
Lego technic Plane
Lego technic Quad
Lego technic Bike
Mack Truck(Cars the movie)
10+ car's

wetwired

Hello Lego-Gaf

My eldest son has accumulated a lot of Lego over his years now and has now hit the point where he has lost interest in it.

There are ton's of sets all broken up and in a huge tub, I'm now tasked with getting rid of it, so I'm looking into selling it but there is just so much of it.

Just to give you an idea of how much there is here are some sets I know are in there:

Lego Lamburgini
Construction set
2xPolice station
Batcave
Batmobile
Crane
Lego technic plane
Lego technic Quad
Lego technic Bike
10+ car's

You're better off posting the numbers on the boxes or the instruction manuals as there's been multiple Lamborghini or bat mobiles for example. You can search on http://www.bricklink.com/ for the going rate of sets if you change the pull down menu on the top left to "catalog items" type the set number in the right and hit search. You might come on a page like this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=batcave in which case hit the one you have and then go to "view price guide" there you'll be able to see the average price over the last 6 months for used and new sets of that type

GamingKaiju

You're better off posting the numbers on the boxes or the instruction manuals as there's been multiple Lamborghini or bat mobiles for example. You can search on http://www.bricklink.com/ for the going rate of sets if you change the pull down menu on the top left to "catalog items" type the set number in the right and hit search. You might come on a page like this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=batcave in which case hit the one you have and then go to "view price guide" there you'll be able to see the average price over the last 6 months for used and new sets of that type

Hi and thanks

The problem is though, it would a time consuming task to rebuild these sets and resell them I looking for away just to unload it quickly.

Will have a look into building a couple of sets that might be worth it though.

Edit: Tinypic not allowed?

GamingKaiju

You could also just sell them bulk on ebay or something. You wouldn't get as much though but probably an easier task.

I was thinking of doing that, someone was selling a bag of 1Kg lego for £29.99 I need to weight it out before I decide and what to do.

We were thinking of sorting it into colored pieces and selling it that way...

Hello Lego-Gaf

Lego Lamburgini
Construction set
2xPolice station
Batcave
Batmobile
Crane
Lego technic Plane
Lego technic Quad
Lego technic Bike
10+ car's

You may want to pull the minifigures and sell them separately. I'm sure someone (ie Me) would be interested. There's a LEGO marketplace thread and the buy sell trade thread too.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Hello Lego-Gaf

Lego Lamburgini
Construction set
2xPolice station
Batcave
Batmobile
Crane
Lego technic Plane
Lego technic Quad
Lego technic Bike
10+ car's

If you're in the UK, I might just be interested in the lot...

I went back to the shop which had the huge sale. They were finishing up so stuff was half off the sale price. Obviously everything really cool was already sold (half off began yesterday) but I managed to grab two Council of Elrond (80% off), Duel on Geonosis (70% off) and Battle of Smallville (70% off). The two bigger sets will be good for parts and I think I'll keep the councils around for a bit.

It's really uncommon to get deals this good around here. Now begins the wait for a sale on BIke Shop & Cafe ... and Sea Cow (yeah, right).

Maengun1

so the early VIP access...does that mean we can pre-order and it ships on April 15th?

or does that mean we can order it on April 15th?

I'm wondering this too. I'm actually not a VIP member but I have a friend who is...might need to get her to order this for me :D (and pay of course). I've never taken advantage of an early release before.

ghostmind

so the early VIP access...does that mean we can pre-order and it ships on April 15th?

or does that mean we can order it on April 15th?

If you order it from S@H, then you can order it on April 15th, and it should ship out to you right away. If it is popular, then it might go to backordered quickly, so be ready to pull the trigger as soon as it becomes available.

If you go to a LEGO store on April 15th, then you can just pick it up that day. However, LEGO stores often run out of stock on these big sets quickly, so you'll want to be there when it opens ideally.

If you order it from S@H, then you can order it on April 15th, and it should ship out to you right away. If it is popular, then it might go to backordered quickly, so be ready to pull the trigger as soon as it becomes available.

If you go to a LEGO store on April 15th, then you can just pick it up that day. However, LEGO stores often run out of stock on these big sets quickly, so you'll want to be there when it opens ideally.

Thanks for the info!

So I went back to the Lego store today to pick up the Death Star for my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, and it turns out they had Slave 1 in stock, just got delivered about 10 mins before I turned up. Saved myself a few quid there!

Ponn

Banned
So I went back to the Lego store today to pick up the Death Star for my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, and it turns out they had Slave 1 in stock, just got delivered about 10 mins before I turned up. Saved myself a few quid there!

Why not get both?!

enablers anonymous

Win-win for both of you. I'm sure he'd be just as happy with the Slave I and you got to save quite a chunk of change. Lucky guy!

uhhh Death Star is WAYYYYYYY better than Slave I :)

Can't attest to that since i don't have SLave I yet BUT, since i just finished the DS yesterday i can say with confidence that it is easily the most imposing and massive set i have built! I also was lukewarm on it at first since i am a display mostly kinda guy but i came around on this one since this actually IS a great display set in disguise of a play set!

The way i see it is that most "finished" on the outside display sets means they are closed off thus you can NEVER see the interior unless you go there and manually open it up which you rarely do once a set is build usually. With the Best Star however, you get to actually take a look at ALL the vignettes (cos that's what they are to me) within it CONSTANTLY precisely BECAUSE it is open on all sides...

Can't attest to that since i don't have SLave I yet BUT, since i just finished the DS yesterday i can say with confidence that it is easily the most imposing and massive set i have built! I also was lukewarm on it at first since i am a display mostly kinda guy but i came around on this one since this actually IS a great display set in disguise of a play set!

The way i see it is that most "finished" on the outside display sets means they are closed off thus you can NEVER see the interior unless you go there and manually open it up which you rarely do once a set is build usually. With the Best Star however, you get to actually take a look at ALL the vignettes (cos that's what they are to me) within it CONSTANTLY precisely BECAUSE it is open on all sides...
I have around 12 large Lego sets on display in my home, and when I host parties, my friends always check out the Death Star first. I have it sitting on a lazy susan so it can easily spin around. Everyone loves it.

Plus, the breadth of minifigures it comes with is insane. You pretty much get everyone that matters in Star Wars. I love how long it's been in print. If you let this one go, you only have yourself to blame!

wetwired

Hi and thanks

The problem is though, it would a time consuming task to rebuild these sets and resell them I looking for away just to unload it quickly.

Will have a look into building a couple of sets that might be worth it though.

Edit: Tinypic not allowed?

even if you're not putting them together, knowing the sets numbers you have will go a long way to setting a price to sell it all for

3N16MA

Banned
To whomever hid Cinderella's Castle behind the dog food at Target's 50% clearance sale....check and mate.

They should have just bought it at 40% last week. When LEGO is discounted that big you don't chance it by waiting another week.

At least they kept it nice and warm for you. :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I miss getting a new set on clearance from Walmart for super cheap every weekend... Clearance season being over for me sucks.

I haven't checked Target yet though... Last time I was there they didn't have any Lego left on clearance, so I haven't bothered.

I finally cracked the seal on the VW Camper Van. I spend so much time with the licensed sets that it's easy to forget how much detail TLG crams into the advanced building themes (direct? expert?).

Over an hour in and I have virtually nothing built to show for it! I'm loving it. The brick-hunt in this set makes a strong case for removing numbered bags from advanced sets. I can absolutely appreciate the need for concise direction with the sets targeted at 5-9 year olds, but digging through 1,000+ pieces to find a 1x1 tile is awesome.

Picked up Benny's Spaceship at Target for 45$ on clearance. Jack pot!
Worth every penny at full price, a down right steal at half price. Congrats!

I finally cracked the seal on the VW Camper Van. I spend so much time with the licensed sets that it's easy to forget how much detail TLG crams into the advanced building themes (direct? expert?).

Over an hour in and I have virtually nothing built to show for it! I'm loving it. The brick-hunt in this set makes a strong case for removing numbered bags from advanced sets. I can absolutely appreciate the need for concise direction with the sets targeted at 5-9 year olds, but digging through 1,000+ pieces to find a 1x1 tile is awesome.

One of the best sets of the last five years. If you are liking it now, just wait. It only gets better once the interior starts being built.

Target in my area has a ton of CMF13 and with the closing clearance they are 50% off. Felt up and bought 6.

Unicorn Lady
Hotdog Dude
She-Clops
Goblin
Red Wizard
Paleontologist

May go back for the sheriff...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

That engine is fantastic.

Target in my area has a ton of CMF13 and with the closing clearance they are 50% off. Felt up and bought 6.

Unicorn Lady
Hotdog Dude
She-Clops
Goblin
Red Wizard
Paleontologist

May go back for the sheriff...

Oh, crap. I didn't think about checking the CMF at my Target for clearance prices. I will have to do that tomorrow.

Oh I'll definitely be getting him the Death Star at some point, but he really wanted Slave 1. Gave it to him this morning and he loves it.

F1A385C5-88E0-45D1-9D52-718C9B102DE0_zpslnjqtwev.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom