• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! Awesome MOC mashup.

16600322759_1386bc9a59_b.jpg

Every Coyote Has His Day by vitreolum, on Flickr

Engines built for my new airship MOC. Now to make some propellers. Tomorrow I attach them to the main body.

And yes, the pistons actually work. That was what I had a hang up on for hours last night.

ghostmind

Hypothetically if someone was to make a first jump into Lego Star Wars would you suggest the Imperial Star Destroyer or the AT-AT and either the Snowspeeder or the Tie Advanced with the current sale prices.

... Hypothetically.

AT-AT and the Snowspeeder would make a great combo, but it looks like there are only 2 Snowspeeders left at the time of this post.

Redberyl

Neo Member
http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-sues-competitors-over-friends-patents/

I think the Mega Bloks Barbie minidolls ones are different enough.

I'm curious what the specifics are of those patents.

Looks like design patents covering the Friends minifig (details taken from here):

D689568S1 Head For A Toy Figure - Friends style head
D689567S1 Male Toy Figure - male Friends style torso
D682367S1 Female Toy Figure - female Friends style torso
D672413S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D672412S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D672411S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D678432S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs

Rootbeer

Banned
Warms my heart to see the Tie Advanced Prototype burning up the amazon charts right now (even if it is the result of a 20% off sale :p)

LEGO + Star Wars + ship + dark side user minifigure is a recipe for success!

3N16MA

Banned
Hypothetically if someone was to make a first jump into Lego Star Wars would you suggest the Imperial Star Destroyer or the AT-AT and either the Snowspeeder or the Tie Advanced with the current sale prices.

... Hypothetically.

I returned to LEGO late last year and bought the Imperial Star Destroyer and AT-AT right away. My suggestion is to buy both.

... Hypothetically.

If you are going to jump in, why not just dive into the deep end.

10188-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Remember, there is no kill like overkill.

Dammit, I already have four TIE Advance Prototypes and I may have to get another at that price. To be fair I only have one untouched, and the three I opened have gone into my Vader Advanced MOC.

I hope Selma and Patty have the same accessory which has to be a cigarette. :)

I have hope there will be a 3rd wave. Still have principle Skinner, the Mayor, Side-Show Bob, Otto, news anchor guy, Carl, Lenny, and the questionable ones Barney, Moe, and Mr. Smithers.

Smithers was in the leak though wasn't he?

Also: The others i can see but why would Smithers be questionable?

I wonder how many Brick Bounty sets are needed to make this.

The Brickmans Bounty - Inside by TheBrickMan, on Flickr

More photos of it here

Jesus. That is nuts.

I was wanting to wait before showing some of my current MOC, but I am too damn happy right now not to show the WIP.

Thus far it is 26" long. The crank at the back is removable. Turning it makes the propellers spin, and the pistons on the engines fire back and forth. The exposed gears down the middle are for attaching stacks later with more propellors once I build a top layer. Well, I still gotta finish the bottom. But the mechanics work and it is sturdy. That has been so time consuming to get right.

Better look at the engines with propellors attached.

Looks like design patents covering the Friends minifig (details taken from here):

D689568S1 Head For A Toy Figure - Friends style head
D689567S1 Male Toy Figure - male Friends style torso
D682367S1 Female Toy Figure - female Friends style torso
D672413S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D672412S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D672411S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs
D678432S1 Toy Figure - one type of Friends style legs

Thanks for digging that info up. Now just need photos of the ones in question next to the LEGO ones. :)

Dammit, I already have four TIE Advance Prototypes and I may have to get another at that price. To be fair I only have one untouched, and the three I opened have gone into my Vader Advanced MOC.

Photos of your MOC to inspire others to buy multiples of that set. :)

Smithers was in the leak though wasn't he?

Also: The others i can see but why would Smithers be questionable?

My bad. I didn't see it in the list posted earlier today. My old eyes had trouble reading it. That gives me hope for Moe (without the Tavern) and Barney. Mr. Smithers has the not so subtle anymore sexual preference which I thought LEGO may steer clear of the
gotcha!
. Patty and Selma are basically smoking ads if anyone has seen the show. Moe and Barney are doable IMO if they have those characters.

I was wanting to wait before showing some of my current MOC, but I am too damn happy right now not to show the WIP.

Thus far it is 26" long. The crank at the back is removable. Turning it makes the propellers spin, and the pistons on the engines fire back and forth. The exposed gears down the middle are for attaching stacks later with more propellors once I build a top layer. Well, I still gotta finish the bottom. But the mechanics work and it is sturdy. That has been so time consuming to get right.

Better look at the engines with propellors attached.

I really like the engines.

Ponn

Banned
I did it. I ordered the AT-AT and Snowspeeder. If i can work out some funds i may get the Tie Advanced before the sale is over because of the reviews, The Inquisitor fig and how much I like the Rebels show.

If you are going to jump in, why not just dive into the deep end.

10188-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Remember, there is no kill like overkill.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I honestly have never like that Death Star. I like display pieces and that is really just a big playset to me. I would be more interested in it if like one half with the giant cannon was solid outside and the back half had the differen rooms but being completely open like it is just doesn't do it for me.

shiba5

I did it. I ordered the AT-AT and Snowspeeder. If i can work out some funds i may get the Tie Advanced before the sale is over because of the reviews, The Inquisitor fig and how much I like the Rebels show.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I honestly have never like that Death Star. I like display pieces and that is really just a big playset to me. I would be more interested in it if like one half with the giant cannon was solid outside and the back half had the differen rooms but being completely open like it is just doesn't do it for me.

I share your opinion. It's too "toy-ish". An odd comment, I know, since that's what they are, but I like the display sets better.

Rootbeer

Banned
Better quality images on LEGO's facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152797915948403.1073741884.6665038402&type=1

Yeah Maggie sucks :/ But you'll be forced to rebuy her cause of Santa's Little Helper.

Lisa's new look is great.

The least interesting (overall) figure pack will be Marge... (arguably for the second time)

Marge was by far the easiest to find last time, cause people felt her in the packs and didn't buy her.

Most of the S02 figs look really good. The Kwik-E-Mart figs a little less so... but at least you get an EXCLUSIVE figure this time

JASPER!

The magazines! This looks worlds better than the Simpsons house. I can't wait.

I'm still hoping for a "Moon Pie" tile, and secreting wishing that one of the magazines was a picture of Tom & Nicole Kidman on People magazine.

Jimbro72

A lot of the stuff inside looks like printed tiles but I'm sure not all of it is. I'm curious to see just how much of that stuff will be stickers.

And series 2 of the CMF looks great, though very shiny and glossy in that pic.

Rootbeer

Banned
A lot of it does look printed... I don't think it's that bad. Roughly on par with The Simpsons House, maybe even more printed pieces this time

ghostmind

They could have at least given Marge the pink Chanel(?) dress.

Also urgh @stickers in the mart.

So many printed pieces too though, including many that are unique to this set.

Very impressed by the level of detail, and the price point.

I'm getting on a plane shortly, if anyone wants to create a post for the OT (especially once the press release and designer video are live). Otherwise I can whip one up in a few hours.

I didn't get Maggie last time around so this will be great. Absolutely getting her and Comic Book Guy, although a few more might be interesting depending on accessories.

The mart might have a spot in my modular city.

I'm no longer leaning towards getting the Kwik-E mart. I'm definitely getting it now!

Simpsons wave 2 looks awesome! Hoping for a wave 3 to get the few remaining characters I really want.
I am really liking the accessories for most of them. Malibu Stacy!!!! Slingshot!!!

I share your opinion. It's too "toy-ish". An odd comment, I know, since that's what they are, but I like the display sets better.

The strange thing is that of all the sets I ever have on display, the Death Star is the one that always gets the most attention from guests. I was initially against it because of the play set look to it, but once I built it and put it on display, it shot to the top of my favorite sets. If anything, it is a great thing just for setting up a mini figure display.

So many printed pieces too though, including many that are unique to this set.

Very impressed by the level of detail, and the price point.
$200 again. Below the magical $.10 a piece threshold.

kapowza

it's kinda funny the difference in opinion between people my age and kids. My niece and nephew LOVE stickers and get crazy excited about putting them on.

it's kinda funny the difference in opinion between people my age and kids. My niece and nephew LOVE stickers and get crazy excited about putting them on.
It is just the pressure of making sure they go on straight that annoys me. And also knowing that over time it will probably peel away.

It is. My kids put stickers on their LEGO. It definitely enhances the sets and sometimes doesn't look complete without them. I'm OCD about my stuff though and I don't put them on because I want to reuse the pieces. I also don't want them sullied with adhesive :).

ghostmind

NwGGzeK.jpg

71016 - The Kwik-E-Mart, 2,179 pieces.
US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1699.00 DKK. Available May 2015.
Visit The Kwik-E-Mart—Springfield’s favourite convenience store!

Welcome to The Kwik-E-Mart—your one-stop shop for convenience foods at inconvenient prices! This highly detailed and iconic LEGO version of The Simpsons store is packed with more rich, colorful details than a Mr. Burns birthday cake has candles! Walk under the huge Kwik-E-Mart sign and join Homer, Marge and Bart as they browse the aisles filled with beauty products, diapers, dog food, pastries, fruits, vegetables and more—including Krusty-O’s and Chef Lonelyheart’s Soup for One. Then head over to the refrigerated cases where you’ll find Buzz Cola, chocolate milk, various other drinks and snacks… and frozen Jasper!

There’s also a Buzz Cola soda fountain, juice dispensers, coffee machine, arcade games, ATM and stacks of Powersauce boxes. At the counter, Apu is ready to tempt you with a variety of printed magazines, comic books, cards, tofu hot dogs, freshly expired donuts and his ever-popular hallucination-inducing Squishees. At the back, there’s a storage closet complete with rat and an exit. On the roof you’ll discover Apu’s secret vegetable garden, while outside this amazing model features bright-yellow walls, 2 phone booths, a stack of purple crates, and a dumpster area with ‘El Barto’ graffiti, opening door and an iconic blue dumpster that also opens.

You can also remove the roof and open out the rear walls for easy access. This set also includes Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird), who loves nothing more than stealing cars and robbing the Kwik-E-Mart—but this time Chief Wiggum is hot on his tail in his police car. Capture this bandit and return peace to the town of Springfield and the amazing Kwik-E-Mart. This fantastic set includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson, Marge Simpson, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum and Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird).

• Features opening rear walls, a removable roof with secret vegetable garden, Kwik-E-Mart signage, light-blue walls, dusty blue floors, turquoise welcome mat, shelves, refrigerated cases, counter, Buzz Cola soda fountain, juice dispensers, coffee machine, 2 arcade games, ATM, crates of Powersauce bars, surveillance cameras, rear storage closet with a rat, cheese, rat hole and an exit door.
  • Shelves feature beauty products, diapers, dog food, pastries, fruits, vegetables and more—including Krusty-O’s and Chef Lonelyheart’s Soup for One.
  • Refrigerator cabinets feature a variety of beverages including cans of Buzz Cola... and frozen Jasper!
  • Counter features a cash register, magazine and card display, lottery machine, hot dog oven, donut display and a Squishee dispenser with 2 Squishees.
  • Also includes Chief Wiggum’s police car featuring an opening trunk, removable roof and space for 3 minifigures.
  • Accessory elements include Bart’s spray can, Marge’s shopping basket, Apu’s broom and Chief Wiggum’s cuffs and truncheon.
  • Kwik-E-Mart measures over 5" (14cm) high, 14" (38cm) wide and 10" (27cm) deep.
  • Police car measures over 2" (6cm) high, 2" (6cm) wide and 5" (15cm) deep.

Available May 1st, or for LEGO VIPs on April 15th.

3N16MA

Banned
Am I the only one who tries to avoid looking too long at a pics or watching detailed reviews as it kind of kills some of the surprise when building a set? I like to discover little details without knowing about them beforehand.

ghostmind

LEGO Star Wars collecting intensifies!

The title for the upcoming standalone Star Wars film, as well as the release dates for both it, and Episode VIII were revealed today.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (December 18, 2015)
Star Wars: Rogue One (December 16, 2016)
Star Wars Episode VIII (May 26, 2017)

MY GOD

Grabbed The Sentinel Xmen set for $25. They had a few Joker Steamrollers for that price too but I passed. Not enough useful pieces in it and the only figure I want is Batgirl.

Jimbro72

The title for the upcoming standalone Star Wars film, as well as the release dates for both it, and Episode VIII were revealed today.

MY GOD

2 new Star Wars movies in a span of 6 months? Damn, that's a short wait in between.

3N16MA

Banned

MY GOD

Episode VIII now shares a release date with The LEGO Batman Movie.

ruxtpin

Banned

MY GOD

eeeee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom