• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
small thing but on Thursday I was in Toys R Us and they had a ton of Rocket polybags on the shelf... hit up your TRU if you need a rocket, they could be getting more from distributors.

Zerojul

Year by year breakdow :

- 2007 : 1
- 2009 : 2
- 2010 : 8
- 2011 : 15
- 2012 : 53
- 2013 : 51
- 2014 : 113
- 2015 : 8

259 sets, 111307 pieces and 976 minifigs for $10678. All in a little over than a year. I will have to sell some stuff to make room for my daughter, thankfully :)

neonglow

Here's my stats. Kinda scary when you total it up by year. I'm a polybag collector so a decent part of that are sets under $5. I'm on my 5th year since coming out of my dark age.

2015 - 70
2014 - 275
2013 - 245
2012 - 212
2011 - 151
2010 - 82

1071 sets, 318k pieces, $33870 value

Just_one

Lego Fan here from Portugal :)

Just brought the Hulkbuster set , pretty sweet :)

I only collect minifigs and got the Arkham Asylum set

Anyone else disappointed with the Stark Tower? i was expecting something more pretty and tall.

oh and putting the quicksilver minifig in such a lame set was such a bitchy move on part of Lego...

Rootbeer

Banned

Anyone else disappointed with the Stark Tower? i was expecting something more pretty and tall.

oh and putting the quicksilver minifig in such a lame set was such a bitchy move on part of Lego...
Hi, welcome.

I'm not at all impressed with the Tower. Though I'll probably have to get it simply for completion's sake. Will wait for discounts.

I agree on the quicksilver set and i'm tempted to just bricklink him, but he's expensive since he's the only thing a lot of people want from that set. You're going to pay about $25+shipping so it's way more economical to just buy the set. You could trade or sell off the other minifigs to make back some of your money.

Not happy about it either since I really need quicksilver. I'll wait until TRU has a nice deal I guess. Double VIP isn't enough to get me to jump on it at MSRP.

Just_one

Hi, welcome.

I agree on the quicksilver set and i'm tempted to just bricklink him, but he's expensive since he's the only thing a lot of people want from that set. You're going to pay about $25+shipping so it's way more economical to just buy the set. You could trade or sell off the other minifigs to make back some of your money.

Not happy about it either since I really need quicksilver. I'll wait until TRU has a nice deal I guess. Double VIP isn't enough to get me to jump on it at MSRP.

Quicksilver should have come with the hulkbuster , since him and scarlet are brothers lol :)

i think i will end up losing him because i can only imagine how much the minifig alone will be in brink link :x

red13th

Saw recently opened boxes of the Minifigs booster packs in a nearby store (series 12 and series 13), boyfriend and I spent over 1 hour feeling them.

10486437_10206301463045138_8699085371846779429_n.jpg

10557291_10206301463365146_3416179390311906574_n.jpg

Only found a single hot dog man :(

kitzkozan

Goddamn, I only have 39 sets so far which is puny compared to most here. :p

1996: 2 (5 base plates which are counted as 2)
2012: 8
2013: 15
2014: 11

So a total of 39 sets, 146 minifigs, 14188 pieces which amount to a value of $1492. :p

I don't plan on going crazy on LEGO this year since I've got a budget for the hobby (between 500-600$), but who know what will happen. :p I know that I want to grow my winter village so we're looking at spending $200+ for the 2015 set and possibly both promo sets.

I'm guessing that I could be at 50 sets by year's end depending on the deal I can find (I would like to buy a couple of SW sets and could go overboard depending on episode VII reception and the quality of the eventual sets).

I have to look at what I have, but I shop sparingly even though it dosn't feel like it.

What does everyone use to inventory their stuff? Only resource I use that does so is Rebrickable.

Random thought, but I would love it if Lego somehow did a CMF type of thing for Bionicle, though I know that's way harder to conceive or figure out to work.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have to look at what I have, but I shop sparingly even though it dosn't feel like it.

What does everyone use to inventory their stuff? Only resource I use that does so is Rebrickable.

Random thought, but I would love it if Lego somehow did a CMF type of thing for Bionicle, though I know that's way harder to conceive or figure out to work.

brickset for full sets or minifigures. for other parts you'll probably want to use rebrickable, as it can sync all your brickset stuff to it but has the added benefit of being able to import your bricklink orders and things of that nature
WhiteFang on Eurobricks has his review up for the Simpsons CMF Series 2:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106053

The case distribution:
I was waiting for this, yess! Only four marge this time, whew! They made the right call. Bartman and Willie deserve to be 5x though.

I saved this image to my phone to use as my pack-feeling cheat-sheet :p

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8745/16142308914_fedab8e1f3_o_d.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
183 sets owned (165 different) for a total of 135,353 pieces and an estimated retail value of $13,512 USD. 741 minifigs. I figure my real number is a little bit larger, since I just went by what I could remember off the top of my head.

small thing but on Thursday I was in Toys R Us and they had a ton of Rocket polybags on the shelf... hit up your TRU if you need a rocket, they could be getting more from distributors.

I was just about to post this as well. I was there yesterday and saw them. I didn't pick up any as I already have two. I think we go to the same TRU (Emeryville).

Welcome! Do you know Marcos Bessa? ;)

http://brickset.com/sets/list-10331

As for the Stark Tower, we have established here that if it's too small just buy multiple of the same set and make it bigger. :)

WhiteFang on Eurobricks has his review up for the Simpsons CMF Series 2:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106053

The case distribution:

iAW0zqQ.jpg

They look fantastic...however, does Patty and Selma look scary freaky to anyone else in the angle of that photo?

3N16MA

Banned
Is Pet Shop likely to see a smaller increase in value once it is OOP compared to other modular buildings? It has been available for nearly 4 years which means it has made it into the hands of a lot more consumers.

Of course if you really want it you should purchase it and not care about how much it rises in value. I'm sure it will increase no matter what.

ghostmind

I've been thinking about the future of the CMF line, and after the lukewarm reception to S13, I think LEGO is taking the right steps in shaking it up a bit, as the "standard" CMFs seem to be getting stale after 13 series.

I would like to see more licensed CMF series, although I realize that some licensing agreements do not allow for CMF.

I would like to see more themed CMF series. The Halloween-themed CMF14 is a great start in that direction, and I would like to see LEGO continue with that.

iuuk

Is Pet Shop likely to see a smaller increase in value once it is OOP compared to other modular buildings? It has been available for nearly 4 years which means it has made it into the hands of a lot more consumers.

Of course if you really want it you should purchase it and not care about how much it rises in value. I'm sure it will increase no matter what.

Fire Brigade was available for longer than that, and doubled in price all the same. I think it's because very few non-scalpers will sell theirs, meaning the scalpers can basically set the price regardless of units sold, they will be sought after anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've been thinking about the future of the CMF line, and after the lukewarm reception to S13, I think LEGO is taking the right steps in shaking it up a bit, as the "standard" CMFs seem to be getting stale after 13 series.

I would like to see more licensed CMF series, although I realize that some licensing agreements do not allow for CMF.

I would like to see more themed CMF series. The Halloween-themed CMF14 is a great start in that direction, and I would like to see LEGO continue with that.

I've been saying it for months.

Peanuts CMF line! It would be a huge hit! Coincide it with the upcoming animated film.

I hope I'm right :(

In short: yes, more licensed series! Simpsons proved that it can be a big success. I think they should do 2 licensed series per year and 2 standard series, alternating.

So I just put together the Hulkbuster set and it's really weighty for the size. Like, yeah I can believe this thing could go a few rounds with the Hulk.

nny

Olá, bem-vindo!

I wonder what specialized non-licensed CMF series they could come up with. Out of other holidays, I can only imagine Christmas holding up for a full line of figures, and even then they'd probably be reaching. A new Santa, Mrs. Claus, an elf or two, a snowman, some regular people in christmas garb....

They could do them to tie in with specific successful non-licensed themes. Pirates, Castle, Chima or Ninjago, maybe do a full Space line as an apology to diehard space fans for the murder-by-star-wars the theme suffered. I guess they'd wind up doing a city line like this too.

Been messing around in LDD, recreating a minifig-scale model of the house I grew up in, and it's already over 3k pieces. :eek:

And that's with out a roof and furnishings!

Been messing around in LDD, recreating a minifig-scale model of the house I grew up in, and it's already over 3k pieces. :eek:

I was thinking of doing this, but first Lego needs to make white brick texture bricks, as they're kind of obligatory for that style of houses.

Was it lukewarm? I thought series 13 was one of the better of the series. I really like series 13 overall.

The problem is they come out with the CMFs too many times a year. They need to drop it back down to 2 times a year instead of 3 times.

I've been saying it for months.

Peanuts CMF line! It would be a huge hit! Coincide it with the upcoming animated film.

I hope I'm right :(

In short: yes, more licensed series! Simpsons proved that it can be a big success. I think they should do 2 licensed series per year and 2 standard series, alternating.

I'm 100% with you on Peanuts CMFs!!! I can't think of many family oriented IPs with that many characters that fits LEGO any better. Timing is perfect for it too with the movie.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm 100% with you on Peanuts CMFs!!! I can't think of many family oriented IPs with that many characters that fits LEGO any better. Timing is perfect for it too with the movie.
They could so a Peanuts TT game that adapt all of the best Peanuts specials, as well as the 2015 movie.

I'm still tossing up about getting this one. The closer it gets to OOP the more I want it.

Once it goes OOP it will take off quickly. It might not reach ridiculous heights like many others, but it will be more expensive than it is now. And I doubt there will be a clearance of it.

I was thinking of doing this, but first Lego needs to make white brick texture bricks, as they're kind of obligatory for that style of houses.

That's what LDD Extended is for: all bricks in all colors!

It'd be even bigger if I doubled the walls as I originally planned so I could do different colored rooms and exterior.

I'm still tossing up about getting this one. The closer it gets to OOP the more I want it.

If you can afford picking up Pet Shop now, I would suggest that you do it. Once it retires, it will be a lot harder to find at retail. If you decide at a later date that you don't actually want it, you will most likely be able to get your money back and then some.

Yes, we're enablers, but we look out for you as well. :)

I've been playing in MLCAD and am about half way done on a model of the office block my firm is in. It's 18,000 parts so far and I've done exterior walls of the ground up to 7th floor with 8th and roof still to do. I am keeping it in briks that are available as it may one day be built.

A small excert an older part of the building that was kept from the previous building there.

Don't have time to break down by year but I came out of my Dark Ages in Jan 2011 and this is almost up to date;

You own 311 sets, 248 different.

We have piece counts for 243 of them. You own 82519 pieces.

We have retail prices for 193 of them. Their retail value is £6524.

Seeing what some of you have I don't feel so bad but then I know I hit Bricklink quite hard that first year...... and this is only sets tracked by Brickset.

wetwired

Apparently Toys R Us Australia has buy one get one half off on some LEGO ranges (seems to exclude star wars) highly tempting to go and pick up that TRU exclusive avengers set to get quicksilver and the quinjet, they're not cheap here though. $80 is the base price for the exclusive, half off makes it more appetizing to get quicksilver though

I know that there'll be a new Winter Village set for this year, but will any of the recent ones still be around as well during the appropriate season?

I know that there'll be a new Winter Village set for this year, but will any of the recent ones still be around as well during the appropriate season?

The prior year's set is always available for at least the start of the season. You still have time to move on Santa's Workshop but I wouldn't wait too long.

neonglow

It's back in stock at LEGO Shop so I'd probably get it now with double VIP points. LEGO hasn't discounted any WV sets for the past 2 years.

It's back in stock at LEGO Shop so I'd probably get it now with double VIP points. LEGO hasn't discounted any WV sets for the past 2 years.

The prior year's set is always available for at least the start of the season. You still have time to move on Santa's Workshop but I wouldn't wait too long.

I have no idea why I just subconciously assumed that they wouldn't be on the shop now.

Time to debate....Santa or pet shop...... probably won't do both

If you can afford picking up Pet Shop now, I would suggest that you do it. Once it retires, it will be a lot harder to find at retail. If you decide at a later date that you don't actually want it, you will most likely be able to get your money back and then some.

Yes, we're enablers, but we look out for you as well. :)

That's the killer about the modulars, I don't think I want them but knowing they'll go up in price means I need them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom