• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

By mistake, great sale, or change your mind on the set?

I wanted quicksilver since he's exclusive to that set, TRU had buy one get one half off and they didn't have any other avengers sets or sets I wanted so I figured I'd buy 2 and sell the other one, probably sell the hulk from that set too as I want to get the hulkbuster one when it shows up in stores.

I was hoping to walk out with quinjet and hydra fortress

wertherian

Neo Member
There's a Simpsons Kwik E Mart food truck at the end of Rainey St. in Austin for SXSW for the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Simpsons, and out front is the lego Kwik E Mart! Took a couple snaps:

16652229140_4f8a54182a_o.jpg

16838529321_f54d205571_o.jpg

Love the interior detail.

Built Infearno's Interception tonight. I love everything about this set. Infearno is so over the top!

It's all about the minifig. The vehicle looks great too, but it sucks as a car since it uses bricks for the front wheels. Good thing it converts to a hover vehicle for swoooshing.
I want an army of that minifig! if I can't get an official Silver Surfer, I'll just have to be content with Infearno, the Shady Surfer!

I wanted quicksilver since he's exclusive to that set, TRU had buy one get one half off and they didn't have any other avengers sets or sets I wanted so I figured I'd buy 2 and sell the other one, probably sell the hulk from that set too as I want to get the hulkbuster one when it shows up in stores.

I was hoping to walk out with quinjet and hydra fortress

I'll translate for non-Aussies. He got pissed and bought stuff.

There's a Simpsons Kwik E Mart food truck at the end of Rainey St. in Austin for SXSW for the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Simpsons, and out front is the lego Kwik E Mart! Took a couple snaps:

When I buy that, my store will be call "E" because I won't put on those stickers. :)

Very, very cool.

And what are those large plates for the roof? Notice that some of them have a set of technic holes in the middle of them, but are part of the larger plate. I haven't seen that before.

wetwired

It's all about the minifig. The vehicle looks great too, but it sucks as a car since it uses bricks for the front wheels. Good thing it converts to a hover vehicle for swoooshing.
I want an army of that minifig! if I can't get an official Silver Surfer, I'll just have to be content with Infearno, the Shady Surfer!

I'll translate for non-Aussies. He got pissed and bought stuff.

The secret is, I'm always drunk.

Apparently the other avengers sets are in stock at Mr Toys in the Brisbane CBD as of today, not sure if they'll still be open on the way home from work but if they are it could be a very expensive day for me.

melike75

Neo Member
I didnt think TRU in Aus had them at all yet - nothings coming up on the site. My closest is about 40 minutes away from me and I was just there yesterday. Wont get out there till the weekend now. Doh!

DemiMatt

What is Lego's policy on charging your CC, is it when it ships or now?

I bought the Pet Shop last year and still haven't put it together, been working on the Parisian Cafe (which is my absolute favorite modular build).

Debating on the Palace Cinema, seems kind of like a boring build and not that great, any thoughts on it? Also which modular is retiring next?

I bought the Pet Shop last year and still haven't put it together, been working on the Parisian Cafe (which is my absolute favorite modular build).

Debating on the Palace Cinema, seems kind of like a boring build and not that great, any thoughts on it? Also which modular is retiring next?

Pet shop is definitely next in line to die.

so I got at least another year for the Palace Cinema?

Oh god, I sure hope we do. IDK what the shortest time between retirement of modulars has been, though. Maybe if they decide they've got too many out they'll kill pet shop in a few months and then PC at the end of the year or something?

They've got 4 out right now. I guess that as long as PS dies before the 2016 Modular happens, that's not so much.

DemiMatt

I hope so, I'm just thrown off because the Pet Shop came out before the Town Hall and that got retired first.

It's tough because both of them are sold out now together off & on since last fall.

EDIT

Apparently they retired the Town Hall early because of the high price point & lack of details. That's a shame because asides the Parisian Cafe the Town Hall was one of the best Modular builds, I found the Grand Emporium really boring. Wish I got that Fire Brigade though . . .

wetwired

I didnt think TRU in Aus had them at all yet - nothings coming up on the site. My closest is about 40 minutes away from me and I was just there yesterday. Wont get out there till the weekend now. Doh!

Give your local a call I guess, I only know cause someone in a local LEGO facebook page posted they were there and on sale. It's the only avengers set on the shelves there so it wouldn't surprise me if it's a mistake.

leng jai

I think the Palace Cinema has one of the most interesting looking exteriors and overall very nice looking. The interior detail is quite sparse though.

I didn't like the use of the movie audio clips in the Lord of the Rings game and this one seems to be doing the same thing. Hopefully I enjoy it more.

wetwired

I'm not feeling the JW game, I don't think the Jurassic franchise has the kind of pull and depth as Star Wars, Batman, LOTR or Marvel to carry a whole game full of iconic scenes.

ninge

How far ahead of time do the SAH freebies (for spending over X amount) get announced? I've got an order lined up for a couple of movie sets and the detectives office, but i'm not really interested in the friends set they are giving away ATM. I loved the valentines set tho, and the balloon and flower carts... so would be happy to hold off a little on my order if something similar was coming up?

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not feeling the JW game, I don't think the Jurassic franchise has the kind of pull and depth as Star Wars, Batman, LOTR or Marvel to carry a whole game full of iconic scenes.

I'm awaiting more information and footage. I'll of course get it, but I'm not counting it out as being an unsolid game just yet. They've already revealed that you can collect amber and create dinosaurs including unique combinations to make all-new dinos... which you can then play as.

As long as they focus the game in the right areas it could still be really solid. Make the dinos a really big part of the game.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah it's absurd... he's not even a great minifigure, but people really want to own him. I'm sure as hell not biting though. I can wait it out for a good deal on the set.

wetwired

Yeah it's absurd... he's not even a great minifigure, but people really want to own him. I'm sure as hell not biting though. I can wait it out for a good deal on the set.

Yeah it's stupid, I want it to complete an avengers ikea frame, I feel incomplete without the whole roster but beyond that...meh

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah it's stupid, I want it to complete an avengers ikea frame, I feel incomplete without the whole roster but beyond that...meh

Well YOU shouldn't feel stupid, you went about it in a smart way, but anyone paying $30+ on bricklink should rethink their lives :p It's only a $50 set!

Eh, i hope you're wrong... I mean so far TT has YET to deliver a truly horrible Lego game as far as i know (on consoles/PC at least, handhelds is another story) all the ones i played i ended up at LEAST liking, but only some enough to 100% all the way with LCU being the crowning achievement so far, but i also loved LOTR and Pirates...HP was great as well... so in the end i have faith in them to make JP at least as good as those!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I must say, I'm looking at my two lego models and I think Mini Cooper looks better than the Camper Van. Feels a bit more... "cleaner" and "refined" so to say.

I have spotted a sale in a local store where they give 25% off on ALL Lego products.

I wonder... since EU Amazon has been REALLY slacking lately and there were virtually NO sales beyond the occasional 20% off (only on stuff nobody wants) could this be my last chance to grab the current ISD and AT-AT before they go OOP or do i still have like a year or so?

(Then again if no other amazing deals pop up i may as well get it now?)

neonglow

I have spotted a sale in a local store where they give 25% off on ALL Lego products.

I wonder... since EU Amazon has been REALLY slacking lately and there were virtually NO sales beyond the occasional 20% off (only on stuff nobody wants) could this be my last chance to grab the current ISD and AT-AT before they go OOP or do i still have like a year or so?

(Then again if no other amazing deals pop up i may as well get it now?)

They came out summer of last year so I think you have until Christmas of this year. The third wave of Star Wars sets in the fall should start pushing them off the shelves.

Went to my Lego store and got the Hulk Lab Smash and the last Red 5. Well at least it was the last one they had on the shelf.

Think I am done with double points. Just waiting for the Slave 1 to ship from S@H.

Finally you can load the Easter Eggs set after a couple days of the link not working

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Painting-Easter-Eggs-40121

'Sold Out' :(

Quite frustrating. My local LEGO store was all sold out but anticipated a new shipment on Thursday. They had more Valentines sets than they new what do do with so I wonder if LEGO lowered production on this set.

Good new is I was able to pickup The Lonely Mountain set and Xmen vs the Sentinel set for double VIP thanks to the heads up of the in store sales. I also picked up the Friends new bunny set to hopefully compliment the Easter set. If I can get one.

At LEGO store browsing, wasn't plan on buying anything unless they have UCS Xwing ended up walking out with half of the Speed Champions with damage boxes. Could not pass up 10% off and double VIP.

The store said they are still out of Slave 1 since January.

ghostmind

It's looking like I won't be getting anything for 2xVIP, rather I am saving my remaining Star Wars sets to pick up until May 4th weekend, so I can get a few Admiral Yularen polybags.

Nitemare1

Ok so heres a question for all you Red Five owners.
What did you do with those terrible cockpit stickers. What a horrible way to do that.
Im thinking Im going to take an exacto knife and completely cut out the transparent part of the stickers just leaving the border sections.
At least there is two sets in the box so you can learn from your mistakes :(

Ok so heres a question for all you Red Five owners.
What did you do with those terrible cockpit stickers. What a horrible way to do that.
Im thinking Im going to take an exacto knife and completely cut out the transparent part of the stickers just leaving the border sections.
At least there is two sets in the box so you can learn from your mistakes :(
Windex or equivalent.

Stupid question. I see people post these frames they buy at Ikea and turn into minifigure display pieces. What frame is it? Brand/Dimensions, and what are the steps to convert one into the final product?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Stupid question. I see people post these frames they buy at Ikea and turn into minifigure display pieces. What frame is it? Brand/Dimensions, and what are the steps to convert one into the final product?

Ribba frame. Either this one or this one. It's the one that's got a recessed back to it, so there's room to put the figures in, the way Brent does it (and I copied when I did mine) is to glue some bricks to stiff cardboard (as a backing) and then attach minifigures to those.

Just got the $13 Camper van. Its completely fantastic, everything about the design is perfect
(besides the stickers, a little too many for my liking
. All the little details are nice, and its just a solid toy and display piece. Its a steal for the price, too.

Draxal

It's hidden in the bottom of the gigantic OP.

edit. Hmmm sees the url doesn't give the dimensions.

Ponn

Banned
Son of a biscuit! My AT-AT shipped from Amazon today and I was just browsing and they dropped the price on it again down to $90. Sent an email to their CS to see if they can give me a credit or refund of $5 for the price drop.

Ok, I really have no MOC skills but hypothetically speaking, if one were to try to create a MOC UCS Vader TIE Advanced, how many of the 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype sets would one need to buy?

The prices of the UCS Vader TIE are crazy and I'd like to have one to go with my UCS X-Wing and UCS TIE (when it's released). I'm not sure if I have the skills but I would at least like to have all the pieces if I decide to give it a shot down the road.

Sorry for the obscure question.

Edit: I just realized how silly my question is. I would still need to buy some big black plates, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom