• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Not sure if anyone else has seen this by them but Target by me has Darkseid Invasion and The Milano Spaceship Rescue on clearance. $59.48 & $69.98 respectively.

wetwired

7kQAmVW.jpg

Zombie Austin Powers?

Ponn

Banned
For some reason AWD has a loose Black Manta fig for $10 bucks if anyone is looking for one. I gave impressions on the actual set he is in before but just to recap I can't recommend that set for just the Black Manta fig but the fig is pretty cool.

Bag 1 of Ferrari is done for the night. This thing is really awesome so far. Some really clever techniques being used already, especially for the angles on the sides and the windshield. I love how there isn't a hinge piece used yet.

Bag 2 will be tomorrow.

ghostmind

To follow up on some non-LEGO building blocks news, MEGA recently showed off some early examples of what their Star Trek line could look like.

Looking much more promising than Kre-O so far, though they need to work on those drooping nacelles.

Rootbeer

Banned
yeah I don't know... the build isn't doing much for me and I agree it's back parts are rather droopy looking. the build needs more support for them, or some other changes in the build to where it looks more proper.

as for the figures, those might be decent but I didn't like the assassin's creed ones at all. the face printing was very bleh. i'll be having a look but I'm fully expecting to like this about as much.

To those already collecting MBs such as Halo I can see these fitting right in with their other stuff.

I'm curious to see their TMNT stuff. They need to show it off soon. Wanting to see which heroes and villains they will include. There are lots of characters LEGO never made.

wetwired

It took me a while but I painted all the backpacks for my classic space colour variants, I also added the Dark Tan which I was waiting on a helmet and legs to arrive to piece him together.

Header by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The colours from left to right
White (official lego, recent re-release)
Light Bluish Grey (Old grey airtanks)
Pearl Silver (Painted airtanks, hands and hips)
Old Dark Grey (Painted Airtanks)
Dark Pearl Silver (Painted Airtanks)
Black (unaltered, official LEGO)
Dark Tan (Painted Airtanks)
Pearl Gold (Airtanks yet to be painted)
Yellow (Painted Airtanks)
Orange (Painted Airtanks)
Red (unaltered, official LEGO)
Dark Red (Painted Airtanks)
Dark Purple (Painted Airtanks)
Dark Blue (Painted Airtanks)
Blue (unaltered, official LEGO)
Medium Blue (Painted Airtanks, Hands)
Lime (Painted Airtanks)
Green (Unaltered Exosuit release)
Dark Green (Painted Airtanks)

Benny's cousin's are in town by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Pad printed Torsos by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Painted Aritanks by Brent Waller, on Flickr

As you can see the colours on the tanks aren't quite perfect, though the photos this time seem to exaggerate the difference (previous photos were the opposite)

IHaveIce

Banned
I hope they do more themed CMF series.

Christmas would be a no-brainer.
Sci-fi.
Marvel.
DC.
Sci-fi.
Fantasy.

Oh, and Sci-fi.

I doubt Marvel and DC would be allowed due to other contrtacts, like with Star Wars.

Though I would love it.
Maybe Lego should do their own Superheroes theme for a minifig collection.

A friend of mine was cleaning out his grandfather's house a few months ago.

They uncovered a lot of interesting treasures (grandfather is almost 100), not the least of which were the actual containers their findings were stored in. Case in point, this powdered milk container they came across.

My friend opened it up and discovered it was full of old LEGO bricks.

After emailing a few of our friends we realized that the tin was actually filled with parts from the 1950s.

Another friend and I drew straws for some of the highlights. My buddy walked away with the LEGO flag, but I ended up with some pretty solid pieces.Lots of interesting things in the box including instructions and order sheets.

This was my haul of the really odd pieces. There's also a few hundred bricks & plates but these were the standouts. Is that an early light brick perhaps?

Bonus batteries!

Anybody have any idea what these are? There were a few in the box & I don't think they're LEGO.

It took me a while but I painted all the backpacks for my classic space colour variants, I also added the Dark Tan which I was waiting on a helmet and legs to arrive to piece him together.

Lime (Painted Airtanks)

Benny's cousin's are in town by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Pad printed Torsos by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Painted Aritanks by Brent Waller, on Flickr

As you can see the colours on the tanks aren't quite perfect, though the photos this time seem to exaggerate the difference (previous photos were the opposite)

Oh, those look awesome.

ghostmind

A friend of mine was cleaning out his grandfather's house a few months ago.

They uncovered a lot of interesting treasures (grandfather is almost 100), not the least of which were the actual containers their findings were stored in. Case in point, this powdered milk container they came across.

My friend opened it up and discovered it was full of old LEGO bricks.

After emailing a few of our friends we realized that the tin was actually filled with parts from the 1950s.

Another friend and I drew straws for some of the highlights. My buddy walked away with the LEGO flag, but I ended up with some pretty solid pieces.Lots of interesting things in the box including instructions and order sheets.

This was my haul of the really odd pieces. There's also a few hundred bricks & plates but these were the standouts. Is that an early light brick perhaps?

Bonus batteries!

Anybody have any idea what these are? There were a few in the box & I don't think they're LEGO.

I believe those are Fischertechnik blocks - the grooved design is their trademark.

Man, what a find you have there! I would date the sets as around 1961/62, as that is when the "LEGO by Samonsite" branding first started.

Those are some awesome vintage parts!

Nitemare1

To follow up on some non-LEGO building blocks news, MEGA recently showed off some early examples of what their Star Trek line could look like.

Looking much more promising than Kre-O so far, though they need to work on those drooping nacelles.

The entire saucer section looks like its going to fall apart at any minute. This pic should be the go to when people ask why Lego costs more than the competitors.

Hmm. The computer at work lists LEGO Ideas Doctor Who for Dec 1st and $60. There is also a Winter Village Toy Shop listed.

And lots of UCS and Creator Expert stuff. Maybe they won't be LEGO store exclusives.

Hey everyone , as I prepare to move later this year I'm going through old stuff and I've got a ton of Lego sets that I'm looking to get rid of
If you are interested in any of these sets just send me a pm and I'll send pics x detailed descriptions

Lego set numbers:
Harry Potter: Troll on the loose - 4712- new in box
Monster Fighters the werewolf 9463- new in box
Harry Potter Quidditch match 4737- new in box
Transport truck 3 in 1 - 5765- new in box
Pixar cars Radiator Springs Lightning Mcqueen 8200- new in box
Prince of Persia Ostrich Race 7570- new in box
Bionicle Thronatus V9 8995- new in box
Master Builder academy level , creature designer 20204 - new in Baggie
Pirates Captain Kraggs pirate boat 7072- new in box
Creator robot 3 in 1 -5764- opened and complete
Designer mini robots 4097 - opened and complete
Fast flyers 4953- opened, no instructions
Ferrari F430 challenge - 8143- opened , box damaged , includes both instructions
Ferrari F1 Pit - 8155- opened and complete

Back from vacation too and scored huge at comic con , won each days set but didn't attempt the mini figure raffles , to next year B^)

Hey everyone , as I prepare to move later this year I'm going through old stuff and I've got a ton of Lego sets that I'm looking to get rid of
If you are interested in any of these sets just send me a pm and I'll send pics x detailed descriptions

Lego set numbers:
4712- new in box
9463- new in box
4737- new in box
5765- new in box
8200- new in box
7570- new in box
8995- new in box
20204 - new in Baggie
7072- new in box
5764- opened and complete
4097 - opened and complete
4953- opened, no instructions
8143- opened , box damaged , includes both instructions
8155- opened and complete

Back from vacation too and scored huge at comic con , won each days set but didn't attempt the mini figure raffles , to next year B^)

If you have a chance can you post set names?

Ponn

Banned
Hmm. The computer at work lists LEGO Ideas Doctor Who for Dec 1st and $60. There is also a Winter Village Toy Shop listed.

And lots of UCS and Creator Expert stuff. Maybe they won't be LEGO store exclusives.

By chance any unannounced UCS sets or just ones we know about? Most UCS stuff ends up on places like Amazon after a couple months. Hoping WV Toy Shop is really good and comes with that giant christmas tree build from the previous set. A light up one would be amazing.

By chance any unannounced UCS sets or just ones we know about? Most UCS stuff ends up on places like Amazon after a couple months. Hoping WV Toy Shop is really good and comes with that giant christmas tree build from the previous set. A light up one would be amazing.

Nothing. I look in our computer systems to see if we are getting normal stuff in or if I can order it, but the system is so far behind on stuff it is ridiculous. But I noticed an Ant Man set on the shelf today, so I investigated. I was shocked to see the UCS Slave 1 and Tumbler in our systems since I thought those were LEGO exclusives. And then I dug more and saw the Ninjago Temple of Airjitsu and the new Ferrari in there too. Which means we might be making a push into that stuff or have an agreement with LEGO. And that excites me, because it means discounts!

But the main things I noticed were the Doctor Who set, Winter Village Toy Shop, and also Wall-E listed for October.

I will double check for any other oddities tomorrow. I was just thrown for a loop seeing anything UCS listed in there. Oh, and Kwik-E-Mart too. The second those show any stock at our warehouse I think I am placing a very large order.

Seems like they went with the Halo type minifigs which isn't surprising. Kinda wished they were LEGO minifig style.

Lime (Painted Airtanks)

Tease!!! Please let us know if you are doing other batches that we can claim. :)
They look great! Hope LEGO does more classic space minifigs in alternate colors.

wetwired

Tease!!! Please let us know if you are doing other batches that we can claim. :)
They look great! Hope LEGO does more classic space minifigs in alternate colors.

This isn't to take orders, but to gauge interest, if anyone is keen on any let me know numbers and colours you might be interested in. Some colours are harder to track down the parts for than others. Dark Purple so far seems relatively easy and seems to be one of the most commented on

This isn't to take orders, but to gauge interest, if anyone is keen on any let me know numbers and colours you might be interested in. Some colours are harder to track down the parts for than others. Dark Purple so far seems relatively easy and seems to be one of the most commented on

Dark Purple for sure. Do you want to PM pricing? Since certain colors are harder to find is there a price variance based on color?

Pricing will determine what I can afford (if money weren't an issue I'd want 2 of each color at least).

My starting list would be basically these plus pearl gold. By these, I just mean the colors, not quantity. :)
19791503816_7d9d9c7cd0_c.jpg

In other news, I don't recall seeing this posted. It's over 1 month old from this forum post.
http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/18450/cmf-series-14-halloween-monsters/p2

fRY67z1.jpg

wetwired

Dark Purple for sure. Do you want to PM pricing? Since certain colors are harder to find is there a price variance based on color?

Pricing will determine what I can afford (if money weren't an issue I'd want 2 of each color at least).

My starting list would be basically these plus pearl gold. By these, I just mean the colors, not quantity. :)
19791503816_7d9d9c7cd0_c.jpg

I don't mind mentioning the price as if it's too hefty for some people then it does impact whether I bother doing it again, so I don't mind you're honest in your reactions to the price.

This first batch went for $100 for 6, I did it this way as Orange for example is by far the most expensive (purely for the parts) whereas others are cheaper and the price averaged out. I underestimated the work involved in it from my side though and if I was to do the same ones again I'd probably go up to $20 a piece maybe to cover the time involved.

Pearl Gold would probably go over that even though, it's one of the one-offs I did (I sacraficed a C3PO) and that one is the only one I haven't painted the airtanks for yet as I haven't found an even close colour match for it yet.

Omfg that Fly CMF head is incredible. That one is now my #1 sought after mini figure for that wave. Sorry Bigfoot.

I think I'm with the others about just grabbing handfuls and throwing feeling to the wind on this batch of CMFs. I just want a ton of all of them!!

wetwired

randomly trawling eurobricks, found this which was apparently the preliminary sketch for monster fighters, with plenty of inspiration from ghostbusters and scooby doo.

concept_art_lego_monster_fighters.jpg

Man oh MAN that Ghost Boat!! If only Monster Fighters had kept going ;___;

It makes NO sense to me that as Scooby-Doo is apparently a one-and-done theme, since they're gonna do yearly movies and they could easily keep making sets based off the decades of shows.

neonglow

randomly trawling eurobricks, found this which was apparently the preliminary sketch for monster fighters, with plenty of inspiration from ghostbusters and scooby doo.

concept_art_lego_monster_fighters.jpg

That's pretty neat. LEGO should put this one and that previous collectable minifigure sketch into a book. It'd be nice to see more early sketches and compare them to the finished product.

neonglow

Man oh MAN that Ghost Boat!! If only Monster Fighters had kept going ;___;

It makes NO sense to me that as Scooby-Doo is apparently a one-and-done theme, since they're gonna do yearly movies and they could easily keep making sets based off the decades of shows.

The Ghost Boat looks very close to the recently released Brick Bounty set. It probably got held back once they realized they were bringing classic Pirates back.

70413-1.jpg

wetwired

There's some scooby doo set reviews starting to show up, I'm so tempted to just outright buy all the sets in one hit, I haven't done that since Indiana Jones first came out when I first got into lego

Mik3F

Can't check your photo's (shitty hotel wifi), so the answer might be in there, but what are the two green pieces you see on official pics for?

They are used to raise the back of the car whilst its resting on the table whilst its being built. They are removed towards the end of the build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom