• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary is only $10 at BN.com and in stores now.

9781465419217_p0_v6_s589x700.jpg

EDIT:
And on a different note, I have now taken to putting labels on the storage bins for my stuff. Now that I finally figured out how to properly configure my printer with the reusable labels, I am printing visual aids to put on all the containers and drawers of my stuff so I can glance and quickly find stuff for use later.

Yet another time consuming process for the sake of future efficiency.

For anybody on the fence, this edition of the Visual Dictionary is great. Very well put together and (in my mind) far above most of the DK LEGO books.

Regarding your edit, I usually print out a label with an image of the element so I can quickly find it in my "filing system". Being able to visually identify a 1x1 plate with a vertical claw vs a horizontal one is handy.

For anybody on the fence, this edition of the Visual Dictionary is great. Very well put together and (in my mind) far above most of the DK LEGO books.

Regarding your edit, I usually print out a label with an image of the element so I can quickly find it in my "filing system". Being able to visually identify a 1x1 plate with a vertical claw vs a horizontal one is handy.

Way ahead of you there. Copying and pasting the images of the bricks from Brickset and adhering them to the sorting drawers and containers. It will take some time, but it will be worth it in the end.

I even got some larger labels for the Stanley Sortmaster bins that hold the larger bricks. I just want it where I can glance and quickly know what is where.

Way ahead of you there. Copying and pasting the images of the bricks from Brickset and adhering them to the sorting drawers and containers. It will take some time, but it will be worth it in the end.

I even got some larger labels for the Stanley Sortmaster bins that hold the larger bricks. I just want it where I can glance and quickly know what is where.

My biggest challenge is finding a sensible "order" for the pieces.

"In which order should the modified 1x2 bricks be stored?" and stuff like that. Silly concerns given that I rarely MOC.

My biggest challenge is finding a sensible "order" for the pieces.

"In which order should the modified 1x2 bricks be stored?" and stuff like that. Silly concerns given that I rarely MOC.

If they are 1x2s with clips on them, they go in one bin. It if is 1x2s with a bar of some sort instead on the edge, then it is another bin. If its is 1x2s with the click attachments, another bin. Etc. Etc.

FYI: the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary is only $10 at BN.com and in stores now.

9781465419217_p0_v6_s589x700.jpg

EDIT:
And on a different note, I have now taken to putting labels on the storage bins for my stuff. Now that I finally figured out how to properly configure my printer with the reusable labels, I am printing visual aids to put on all the containers and drawers of my stuff so I can glance and quickly find stuff for use later.

EDIT 2:

The Ferrari is now estimated to ship on August 10th. It hasn't even officially launched yet and it is already delayed.

On a more positive note, mine shipped this afternoon. :)

Same price on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465419217/?tag=neogaf0e-20

mrklaw

MrArseFace
EDIT:

Yeah I printed large labels with images from LDD showing the kinds of bricks in that drawer, along with a title. Visually much easier to glance at.

Minifig listings for all the first wave TFA sets:

75099 : 2 minifigs - Rey & Unkar Henchman

75100 : 3 minifigs - 2 First Order Snowtroopers & 1 First Order Snowtrooper Officer

75101 : 4 minifigs - 2 First Order TIE Fighter Pilots, 1 First Order Officer & 1 First Order Crew

75102 - 4 minifigs : Poe Dameron, BB-8, 1 Resistance X-Wing Pilot & 1 Resistance Ground Crew

75103 : 7 minifigs - 2 Resistance Soldiers, 2 First Order Flametroopers, 2 First Order Stormtroopers & Captain Phasma

75104 : 7 minifigs - Kylo Ren, General Hux, First Order Officer, 2 First Order Crew & 1 First Order (?)

75105 : 6 minifigs - Rey, Finn, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Tasu Leech, BB-8 & 1 Kanjiklub Gang Member

Interesting omissions...
Just reading that's getting me hyped. Definitely planning on the Falcon and the X-Wing, though I'm not sure I'll be able to resist that First Order goodness. I'm not really surprised about the omissions.

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-box-of-60-simpsons-series-2-minifigures-for-e1608-32-off-usd-pricing/

"United States: €134 + €15,52 = €149,52 (~$163 USD based on 1.09 exchange rate) – regularly retails for $240 USD so that’s like 32% off!"

I haven't seen a CMF box available from Amazon France that ships to US in awhile. I've only ordered 1 CMF box and it was from Amazon France several series ago. Great deal!
I have to wonder how well the 2nd series is selling or if LEGO just produced a lot or some other reason.

I've got plenty already and not too keen on getting lots of duplicates on some of the figs.

Looks like TRU has started putting out a bunch of new sets. I saw some Minecraft ones that were new to me, as well as a whole bunch of new superhero ones:

-That one with Quicksilver (which I know isn't new, but have never seen at TRU)
-Spidey/Carnage
-Batboat with Dead....something?
-Jokerland
-Rhino / Sandman

Still no sign of Ant-Man anywhere around these parts.

Looks like TRU has started putting out a bunch of new sets. I saw some Minecraft ones that were new to me, as well as a whole bunch of new superhero ones:

-That one with Quicksilver (which I know isn't new, but have never seen at TRU)
-Spidey/Carnage
-Batboat with Dead....something?
-Jokerland
-Rhino / Sandman

Still no sign of Ant-Man anywhere around these parts.

Might swing by my TRU and see if they got Bonkles

Been picking up polybag sets lately. Do you guys have any favorite types? Like do you like the mini-models or are you a fan of the vehicle + minifig combo?

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-box-of-60-simpsons-series-2-minifigures-for-e1608-32-off-usd-pricing/

"United States: €134 + €15,52 = €149,52 (~$163 USD based on 1.09 exchange rate) – regularly retails for $240 USD so that’s like 32% off!"

I haven't seen a CMF box available from Amazon France that ships to US in awhile. I've only ordered 1 CMF box and it was from Amazon France several series ago. Great deal!
I have to wonder how well the 2nd series is selling or if LEGO just produced a lot or some other reason.

I've got plenty already and not too keen on getting lots of duplicates on some of the figs.

Buy a case and I'll buy a whole set off you.

My TRU sucks. Still no power jet because they probably never fixed the inventory error after they found it.

I was hoping they would have Scooby sets out, but no. I don't think anyone's gonna break date in that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has there been an announcement on this year's Winter Village yet? If not, any ETA on when that announcement could be?

I'd really like a gingerbread house this year.

Ponn

Banned
Has there been an announcement on this year's Winter Village yet? If not, any ETA on when that announcement could be?

I'd really like a gingerbread house this year.

I heard a rumor its a tie with Fifty Shades of Grey. Santa's TOY shop *wink wink*

Finished the F40. Man, what a satisfying build. There are a LOT of small pieces, which at times I thought I was going to oafishly place incorrectly but it turned out great. Sorry for the potato quality picture, but it really doesnt do it justice. I highly recommend the set, there are so many awesome techniques used where you're like 'Oh thats brilliant!'. It looks beautiful and has a GREAT heft to it. Next set, Slave 1! Then I am in lockdown mode on spending hahah! Buncha other sets for sorta scale in the pic.

HzTNFq5.jpg

Finished the F40. Man, what a satisfying build. There are a LOT of small pieces, which at times I thought I was going to oafishly place incorrectly but it turned out great. Sorry for the potato quality picture, but it really doesnt do it justice. I highly recommend the set, there are so many awesome techniques used where you're like 'Oh thats brilliant!'. It looks beautiful and has a GREAT heft to it. Next set, Slave 1! Then I am in lockdown mode on spending hahah! Buncha other sets for sorta scale in the pic.

Great to see the set out in the wild, it looks awesome!

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice. Not a fan of monsters as a series but there's parts that look great.

LEGO needs to do a halloween D2C set every year like they do with Holiday/Christmas sets. I can see that going over super well. But... at least this year we are getting Scooby Doo & this minifigure set... so that about covers it for me.

Hopefully next year they do some more stuff. Haunted House is legend. And it needs some companions :D

LEGO needs to do a halloween D2C set every year like they do with Holiday/Christmas sets. I can see that going over super well. But... at least this year we are getting Scooby Doo & this minifigure set... so that about covers it for me.

Hopefully next year they do some more stuff. Haunted House is legend. And it needs some companions :D

Id be cool with that.

Honestly I'm still waiting on more licensed CMF series :p where's my Star Wars CMF? /semi-jk

Rootbeer

Banned
Id be cool with that.

Honestly I'm still waiting on more licensed CMF series :p where's my Star Wars CMF? /semi-jk

I wish; I'd be down for more stuff like Simpsons. Ripe for opportunity.

Isn't the popular rumor right now that they are doing a Disney CMF series? I hope it's in traditional minifig style and not Friends doll style. Fully sculpted heads like Simpsons for Mickey & crew.

Long time no posting. I'm really letting my Lego collection get way too dusty and I realised I need a handheld vacuum to keep it properly clean. Can anyone suggest a good one with appropriate small attachments? Thanks

Called it regarding Big Foot. A broken clock is right at least twice a day.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141073987&postcount=2299

Liking Big Foot. Will need a few of that one.

Really like the Specter and the reuse of the Ninjago ghost "legs" in trans clear and bley. Easy to replace head with a scarier one. Need a few of those.

Gargoyle is good, but too kiddy for me. I know this series is really geared to younger kids and seemingly fits Scooby Doo theme. Hopefully they do a scarier version someday.

Id be cool with that.

How else will they be able to sell Star Wars sets? Never will happen.
I'd love DC or Marvel Super heroes CMFs!

EDIT: So is "Mutant Bugman" the only Series 14 CMF we haven't seen?

EDIT 2: What other minifigs have the hair used for the Zombie Businessman?

I wish; I'd be down for more stuff like Simpsons. Ripe for opportunity.

Isn't the popular rumor right now that they are doing a Disney CMF series? I hope it's in traditional minifig style and not Friends doll style. Fully sculpted heads like Simpsons for Mickey & crew.

After the Simpson, they HAVE to do fully sculpted head for a Disney CMF assuming they are doing the classic Disney cartoon characters (exceptions being those that are humanish like Tinker Bell).

Still extremely bummed about there not being a Peanuts CMF to go with the movie. If LEGO doesn't do it, maybe Megabloks will do it. *shudder*

Whoa. FedEx delivers on Saturday? I just checked tracking for my Ferrari and it shows on the truck for delivery today. Oh, happy day! And of course it will be delivered right before I have to go to work for the day.

That's it? Just the brush? I thought Jang said that using only a brush will just loosen the dust but not remove it? hmmm

Jang is wroooong! I just did mine last week and my displayed Lego look like new right now. The brush hits every nook and cranny with no issues.

All this brings to mind my trip to Legoland Chicago, where you could see dust caked on virtually every single display (especially the city display which was a crime against humanity). That place was a real shithole. I know Lego does not own the rights to the park, but it was still disappointing.

They also built Chicago's famous "Mirror Ball" at minifig scale and then painted the entire structure with silver spray paint. It was a terrible spray paint job too. Heavy on one side, thin on the other. It obscured all the connections and it was also thick with dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom