• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

All of the above. :)

As someone else mentioned, if he is part of a LEGO user group, he probably gets some bulk items at an unknown discount (program allows user groups a bulk purchase on certain elements once a year).

Not sure if he collects minifigs, but buying sets on sale or clearance and selling the minifigs is an inexpensive way to accumulate pieces. Only issue is you get stuck with a LOT of duplicate pieces you don't really need.

Pick-A-Brick wall at LEGO stores is the cheapest way to get lots of parts for the average person, but there is a very limited selection and it varies over time.

You aren't done yet so I will buy all 662 and sell them to you at a higher price when you need them. :) Are you making lifesize wings for some steampunk cosplay?

When you see what I am doing with them, it will blow your mind. Not Easter island tier, but that sort of blow you away reason.

Thanks for paying forward the spooky tree idea, Mr. Bone. It's probably getting used in a MoC idea i came up with while sitting around in the time since my first post earlier this evening. I suppose i should also put it in reserve in case i am adding to winter scenes sometime.

ghostmind

WALL-E review (in Korean) here:

http://www.brickinside.com/NeoView.php?Db=ReviewProfessional&Mode=view&Block=1110&Number=8445&BackDepth=1&fmSearchType=&fmKeyWord=&SortCrt=Desc&fmCategory=

v9zAp0W.jpg

Osahi

Woah! I need that Wall-E ASAP. Hope the 1 september release is correct.

Got my order from the Lego Shop today btw. Big AT-DP, with the smaller polybag one and the friends poly as promotions. Not sure when I'll build the biggie (probably over the weekend), but the small one is allready built and looks great. They really captured the model with so few bricks. Awesome.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn, I'd forgotten about wall-e. Is there an expected price yet? Might scrap my plans for BBT and save that money towards wall-e instead. I'd have had to mod the apartment anyway (although that could have been fun)

Edit: link died?

Damn, I'd forgotten about wall-e. Is there an expected price yet? Might scrap my plans for BBT and save that money towards wall-e instead. I'd have had to mod the apartment anyway (although that could have been fun)

IIRC the rumored price was somewhere around $60 I think?

If this does release on Sept 1st and it sells out before I'm allowed to buy it, so help me. There will be hell to pay.

ghostmind

Looks like they removed the review... LEGO may have had a chat with them.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Bought the Ant-Man set recently and love it especially the figs.

Anyone know if there's plans (or a bootleg version existing) for an Ant-Man microfig ala the Helicarrier? Seems like a wasted opportunity imo, would be pretty cool.

Bought the Ant-Man set recently and love it especially the figs.

Anyone know if there's plans (or a bootleg version existing) for an Ant-Man microfig ala the Helicarrier? Seems like a wasted opportunity imo, would be pretty cool.

I made a really shitty one myself!

No chinese clone versions yet.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Not that big on bootlegs but like the Groot bigfig its something that doesnt exist officially so might as well. When the set was announced I thought a microfig would be a given.

A MCU version of Falcon needs to exist in some capacity. I'm hoping Capt America 3 brings in a slew of MCU new Lego characters and varients in new sets.

BigHow

Neo Member
Looks like Raptor Escape is sold out on the Lego Shop again.

Glad I managed to sneak in an order this past weekend!

IIRC the rumored price was somewhere around $60 I think?

If this does release on Sept 1st and it sells out before I'm allowed to buy it, so help me. There will be hell to pay.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-doctor-who-and-wall-e-set-prices-revealed/

According to above link:

$59.99 for Doctor Who
$49.99 for Wall-E

Doctor Who set better be bigger inside the box for that price.

LEGO added an official gallery for Series 16 minifigs, releasing in Sept

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153113050468403.1073741894.6665038402&type=3

Was just talking to a friend and he was happy about this series. He was complaining he felt other series were starting to feel like recycles of previous ones. I told him I expect there to be the usual counterparts of good & evil and male & female. Got me thinking...

Where is the male cheerleader?!? Once again LEGO is being sexist!

EDIT: And a male figure skater!

wetwired

Was just talking to a friend and he was happy about this series. He was complaining he felt other series were starting to feel like recycles of previous ones. I told him I expect there to be the usual counterparts of good & evil and male & female. Got me thinking...

Where is the male cheerleader?!? Once again LEGO is being sexist!

EDIT: And a male figure skater!

I liked the themed series more, due to the way I display them in the frames. There's "themes" spread across multiple series, monsters, space guys, aliens, sports people etc etc but they're all split up the way I have them displayed.

wetwired

I just realized the ghost lady's hair in the collectible series is transparent, hopefully there's a few of those in a box, I'll try and make the Ghostbusters librarian ghost

I just realized the ghost lady's hair in the collectible series is transparent, hopefully there's a few of those in a box, I'll try and make the Ghostbusters librarian ghost

It would go great with your transparent Batman. I'm going have to rethink those transparent minifigures for ghosts....

The Scooby Doo sets are going to sell out everywhere, aren't they? :(

Mansion was on Amazon earlier, thank god. Because that is how I got TRU to price match it to get it for MSRP and not the TRU price which was $95.

At this point all I need is the plane and the mummy set. I might as well finish off the theme.

Scooby Mansion is 3 books instead of one square bound book. I am personally using the criteria that if they do a square bound book they are serious about the set now.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-doctor-who-and-wall-e-set-prices-revealed/

According to above link:

$59.99 for Doctor Who
$49.99 for Wall-E

Doctor Who set better be bigger inside the box for that price.

Oooo awesome about the Doctor Who set actually having a price - one of my supervisors is convinced that they silently scrapped it and will be using the rights just for Lego Dimensions stuff, but I've been holding out hope that a set (or sets?) would still be coming.

I'm kind of surprised that we've still heard basically NOTHING about it, though I would guess they'd want to get Wall-E out the door first so they don't take away from his time in the spotlight.

Oooo awesome about the Doctor Who set actually having a price - one of my supervisors is convinced that they silently scrapped it and will be using the rights just for Lego Dimensions stuff, but I've been holding out hope that a set (or sets?) would still be coming.

I'm kind of surprised that we've still heard basically NOTHING about it, though I would guess they'd want to get Wall-E out the door first so they don't take away from his time in the spotlight.

I posted about the Doctor Who set being in the computer at work for December 1st and that price. I am very, very curious to see it.

I am with Dr. Forester on this, I want a Doctor Who mini fig series. There is tons of potential there.

The tiles on Wall-E look printed as well. At least in that pic.

Man, September is going to be so damn brutal to me with everything going on even outside of LEGO.

I posted about the Doctor Who set being in the computer at work for December 1st and that price. I am very, very curious to see it.

I am with Dr. Forester on this, I want a Doctor Who mini fig series. There is tons of potential there.

Oh that's right! Hahaha yessssss.

A minifig series would be excellent. There are 14 Doctors, right? (13 and the War Doctor? Or am I misunderstanding how they've numbered them now?) It'd be neat if they did it like a "normal" blind bag and had the last two figures be variants - I'd want a "regeneration Doctor" that's like sparkly trans-orange, but I actually can't really think of a second one to round it out.

With the Simpsons CMF line, and now the Halloween themed series, and rumors of a Disney CMF line next year (in addition to what I assume will be Simpsons CMF Series 3) I've started to wonder if maybe Lego is "running out of ideas" for the normal CMF series so they're planning to reduce them and start doing more licensed/themed releases?

They typically come out every 4 months, and the past 2 years have been Classics in the winter, then Simpsons in Spring/Summer, and now we have Halloween this fall but I'm wondering if next fall could be Disney if those rumors pan out?

And now that we've had the Zoidberg-esque CMF alien head and a CMF claw hand from the Halloween set, I can't be the only one thinking a Futurama CMF line could be coming, right? Aside from Krusty Burger I can't really think of many other "appropriate" Lego Simpsons sets they could make (Moe's, the Power Plant, and the Church are all off-limits, and there are only so many other notable/appropriate characters and family variants they can do for the CMFs), I'd honestly loooove it if they switched over to Futurama.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Seems like the only way to release all the Doctor Minifigs. That gives you 13 figures right off the bat including War Doctor (who is in Dimensions).

Ponn

Banned
Haha, just checked the Australian site, all sold out except the haunted lighthouse. Glad I got my order in early

The lighthouse seems to be the slow seller of the bunch. Probably because with Mystery Machine and Mansion you get the whole gang and the other two are cheap impulse buy sets.

So if you don't get the Millennium Falcon day one you probably won't find it till after Christmas, is that a good guess? Are the Star Wars sets being released on Sept. 1st or later?

wetwired

The lighthouse seems to be the slow seller of the bunch. Probably because with Mystery Machine and Mansion you get the whole gang and the other two are cheap impulse buy sets.

Damn, you're right. I thought it was the only way to get Daphne so I ordered it, but she's in the mansion as well.

I dont hear many people talk about them here, but does anyone collect the Technic sets? Really eyeballing that 24hr Race car and the Fire Plane. I just love the way they look, thoughts?

Also, my local Barnes and Noble basically has all the architecture sets - which was the most rare? I'd love to snag one for my office, I seem to remember people mentioning Trevi Fountain? I think I saw a couple falling waters too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom