• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chidrock

My Wal-Marts suck so I doubt I will find any sort of clearance deals.

Can't believe the Mystery Machine sold out already...

Mine too. I really want the Cantina and the X-men vs. Sentinels sets, but I don't want to pay full price for them. I just drove to a Walmart about half an hour away and they didn't have anything marked down.

Northern NJ sucks for clearances....

Ah. Thank you.

Jeez I'm gonna need to get me an at-at and a speeder someplace if I get echo base. wonder what the cheapest ones are. though I suppose given that echo base is a ucs, "smaller"might still be enough to fit one of those vehicles. I hope it's not just some tiny hoth trenches battle pack like I had as a kid.

Bricklink Larry Lars' Snowspeeder and Cavegod's AT-AT ....I know you want to, IT GIVES YOU FOCUS, MAKES YOU STRONGER.

Emperor_RotJ.png

chidrock

Just a heads-up but my local Lego store (Bridgewater) has sold out of the mystery machine set. I guess I shouldn't have made my detour to check Walmart...

Going on a Mystery Machine search today. Prices are all over the place online, so getting one in-store ASAP.

Carnage Sheild Attack pricing is also all over the map online. My wife grabbed 1 for $13 but I want at least 1 more to flank my Quinjet 1.0 display, possibly 2 more for other displays.

Osahi

Hoth Attack in January, is a different set than Hoth Echo Base, which comes out in October.

The former will be a smaller set, and I'm hoping it will complement the Base.

Thanks! Getting the Attack for sure, but will see if the Base is worth the big bucks.

Toxi

Banned
for the two or three that care:

Bonkles
LEGO Bionicle JC
LEGO Bionicle SC
LEGO Bionicle WC
LEGO Bionicle FC
LEGO Bionicle EC
LEGO Bionicle Lewa
LEGO Bionicle Pohatu
LEGO Bionicle Gali
LEGO Bionicle Onua
LEGO Bionicle Tahu
LEGO Bionicle Hunter
LEGO Bionicle Kopaka

Wondering what the Hunter is...
I'm guessing it will be similar to the winter line-up for this year: Six Toa, one Toa-sized villain, and 5-6 small sets.

Hopefully we get a Makuta set sometime next year.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I've only been skimming the thread, but are the Scooby Doo sets only super limited quantity? Like, when stock is sold, it won't really get replenished? I was planning to get the Mystery Machine and the Mystery Mansion sets, so maybe I should get on that.

So I've only been skimming the thread, but are the Scooby Doo sets only super limited quantity? Like, when stock is sold, it won't really get replenished? I was planning to get the Mystery Machine and the Mystery Mansion sets, so maybe I should get on that.
I am curious as well. I was gonna wait a few weeks on the mansion but now I am paranoid.

Don't know, but apparently people think so, and considering that two sets sold out in less than a day... they will get replenished, but how many times? Scooby Doo was never that relevant to me, so the only use I'd have is the parts, and since I don't do that many custom figures now, it's not a big deal if I do end up having to bricklink a head or two later on. Getting the mansion and the van would cost me two thirds of a major exclusive set like the Temple, and it's not really worth it.

In related notes, when I did my order early this morning the new August sets weren't on Bricks & Pieces. They are now, but all new/unique parts have been sold out. Damn, there must be people F5:ing that site every new release day and just scooping up everything. Lego really needs to change the way it works. I'd like to pick up a few pieces for sets that I really only want for those specific pieces, but it just won't happen now.

Ponn

Banned

Mystery Machine, Horseman Plane and Mummy sets are already out of stock at Shop@Home soooooo...

I think Mystery Machine will be the hardest to keep tabs on for awhile but if you are worried about them replenishing it just buy it asap. It's only $30. Mystery Mansions price point may keep it from being harder to find but I dunno. The only one I haven't ordered yet is the Lighthouse set and that seems to be in stock everywhere so far.

GF and I just went to the Lego Store today;

They only had the Mummy, Mansion, and Lighthouse Scooby Doo sets.

We were able to snag the Deep Sea Operation Base for 20% because of a damaged box.

They also had all of the previous series Mixels for 98 cents a piece.

I had the entire Space themed Mixel line, but I grabbed all 3 again so I can build the Mega Mixel.

ghostmind

GRogall has returned from the dead to bring news about the next Winter Village entry. Apparently it is not a remake of the Toy Shop, and "it's sweet".

So Candy Shop or Gingerbread House?

ghostmind

Elves 2016 1H

LEGO Elves Emily Jones
LEGO Elves Water Dragon Adventure
LEGO Elves School of Dragons
LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn
LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave
LEGO Elves Secret Market

ghostmind

Friends 2016 1H

LEGO Friends Birthday Party
LEGO Friends Party Train
LEGO Friends Party Gift Shop
LEGO Friends Party Cakes
LEGO Friends Party Styling
LEGO Friends Adventure Camp Archery
LEGO Friends Adventure Camp Raft
LEGO Friends Adventure Camp Tree House

Apparently it's a party up in here.

Elves 2016 1H

LEGO Elves Emily Jones
LEGO Elves Secret Market

jeez i should start collecting the first wave. Gotta have elf ladies to fill up lorien when i remodel an ewok village into it.

3 Targets, 1 Wal-Mart, and 1 TRU later I scored a Mystery Machine. Last one at a Target several towns over. (We stopped along the way back from Ikea)

I was tempted at TRU by Agent sets, but I'm sticking to looking for sales on those. They had all the new sets out, complete with TRU tax on every one of them.

Speaking of which, one of the Targets had the police station at 50% off but I passed on it. I would rather put that $50 towards something I will be excited about owning. I had it in the cart for a bit though :p

Just finished building the mystery machine. All the stickers were kind of a pain in the ass, but overall a nice and simple set. As a huge scooby fan growing up, I'm happy to have this displayed on my shelf.

Now, do I buy the other sets?
probably.

chidrock

Considering the Scooby sets are at all of the Major retailers, I would say you have time to get them. Plus they seem to be using this to push the new Scooby Doo movie or show that's coming out.

If you think about it the Simpsons house is still around even though they have the Kwik E Mart and its not really as wide-spread.

One thing that annoys me is when they put out things like the movie CMFs before the movie even came out and then by the time I got to see the movie the figures were pretty much gone and not being restocked. I usually avoid things like that until after the movie because I hate spoilers.

Toxi

Banned
God, people weren't kidding when they called Skull Scorpio bad.

It really is the worst Bionicle set in either wave. The play feature feels floppy, the legs have no articulation, the tail looks clunky, the claws look ugly, it's just a colossal mess. It's only redeeming feature is that you get some transparent lime green stuff and two cool masks.

I liked Lord of Skull Spiders even when everybody bashed it, but Skull Scorpio just isn't worth it unless you want to get the pieces to build something else.

Ponn

Banned
So do we only have one confirmation of Joker Bumper Polybag at TRU? I'm going out tomorrow and wondering if its worth going all the way down there.

Mickey's Workshop eh?

Hmm... I can't even begin to comprehend just HOW awesome classic Disney characters Lego minifigs would be. I mean.... these would literally be greatest minifigs EVER for me!! Can't wait for a Scrooge fig with a cane or Huey, Louie and Dewey smallfigs with corresponding removable hats or Bigfig Pete (lol) etc. etc. the possibilities are ENDLESS.

Steamboat Willie black & white exclusive minifig giveaway!!!

Oh man, speaking of Scrooge, Huey, Louie, and Dewey reminds me of Duck Tales. I didn't watch many episodes, but it was very good. My much younger sister would go crazy for those minifigs.

ghostmind

A Disney Princess 2016 1H set:

Disney Princess Palace Pets Royal Castle

And a Disney Juniors set:

Lego Juniors Ariel's Secret Palace

God, people weren't kidding when they called Skull Scorpio bad.

It really is the worst Bionicle set in either wave. The play feature feels floppy, the legs have no articulation, the tail looks clunky, the claws look ugly, it's just a colossal mess. It's only redeeming feature is that you get some transparent lime green stuff and two cool masks.

I liked Lord of Skull Spiders even when everybody bashed it, but Skull Scorpio just isn't worth it unless you want to get the pieces to build something else.

I don't even have that set yet and I already knew I primarily want it for the light trans green stuff. I feel like he has better parts than the skull spider but looks worse overall.

Still loving skull warrior. I was surprised they didn't use the new molds for his toes (the molds they had for the small skull spider mask legs) and went with the older style.

I'm sure there's a design based reason but it still confuses me.

Hoth Attack in January, is a different set than Hoth Echo Base, which comes out in October.

The former will be a smaller set, and I'm hoping it will complement the Base.

My money is on yes so they sell more sets.

Elves 2016 1H

LEGO Elves Emily Jones
LEGO Elves Secret Market

Oh man, isn't this the 3rd wave? This better not be a "Friends" equivalent to Ninjago cuz I'm outta money.

Just finished building the mystery machine. All the stickers were kind of a pain in the ass, but overall a nice and simple set. As a huge scooby fan growing up, I'm happy to have this displayed on my shelf.

Now, do I buy the other sets?
probably.

If you are seeking reassurance for a bad addiction, you are in the right place.
YES!!! You need the whole gang or you will regret it. You can skip the plane set and the smallest one if you want, but you must have the whole gang if you are a fan!

I like Vampyre Castle (9468) much more than Mystery Mansion

My plan for when I acquire mystery mansion is to build it, admire it, and then bust out vampire castle to begin combining them.

If I can figure out ways to cannibalize helm's deep or arkham, I'll do that too.

Or maybe I need two different castles to stand ominously at opposite ends of a bookshelf staring each other down.

Yay, six new Elves sets! As long as they introduce more characters (and molds if possible, but I'd settle for repaints), it's all good. I'm getting at least one of each, but I'm already up to three Azari.

All the dragon stuff sounds promising, especially since one seems rather big. Can we, perhaps, hope for a reused Smaug mold with a new head? A big purple thunder dragon for Aira to fly around on and thunderbolting stuff?

Friends stuff sounds boring, like the jungle stuff part two, but my sister would probably love the archery set if it's done well.

Rootbeer

Banned
So do we only have one confirmation of Joker Bumper Polybag at TRU? I'm going out tomorrow and wondering if its worth going all the way down there.
Here is a pic I took that day to show the GAF Toy chatgroup on LINE

Good luck! It's the same figure as we've already gotten in a few sets, so it's not THAT great. but for 3.99 it goes nice with the funhouse (and the joker that comes in the funhouse has a different printing on his torso, so even more so)

Toxi

Banned
Skull Basher's function is brilliant. Using one of these technic short hose pieces on its own as a spring is something I wouldn't have thought of.

Also, the Protector of Earth is female. Was not expecting that.

Names of Protectors

Fire - Narmoto
Ice - Izotor
Earth - Korgot
Air - Vizuna
Stone - Nilkuu
Water - Kivoda

Good luck! It's the same figure as we've already gotten in a few sets, so it's not THAT great. but for 3.99 it goes nice with the funhouse (and the joker that comes in the funhouse has a different printing on his torso, so even more so)

I wish there were places in Australia that sold polybags like this.

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish there were places in Australia that sold polybags like this.

Oh, they don't? That really sucks. There have been some nice ones. I wonder why they don't do it there? Seems that a lot of imported products are more expensive in Australia, maybe they think they wouldn't sell?

Anyway, that pic was taken Thursday so I would not be surprised if they are gone now. But TRU has been really good this year about keeping polybags stocked. I can see them adding more sometime in August.

Also, FWIW, Raptor Escape is sold out again on S@H. And as many have mentioned, so are a lot of Scooby Sets... including the expensive Mystery Mansion

Oh, they don't? That really sucks. There have been some nice ones. I wonder why they don't do it there? Seems that a lot of imported products are more expensive in Australia, maybe they think they wouldn't sell?

Anyway, that pic was taken Thursday so I would not be surprised if they are gone now. But TRU has been really good this year about keeping polybags stocked. I can see them adding more sometime in August.

Yeah not sure. They might have them at a TRU in some other states but our Lego presence is mainly reserved for the department stores that have Lego as an after thought in their toy departments.

Toxi

Banned
Got mask maker vs skull grander today. Pretty cool set.
BRo1YrU.jpg

I had to change two things, the gap between the chest armor was way too big and tacky, so I filled it in with some armor pieces. Also I added a few more gears so his arms would stay in place when swinging.
I added gears already, but I'll definitely take your suggestion with the chest armor.

Also, I didn't realize there was an exclusive San Diego Comic-Con mask... But I'm not too disappointed for missing out on it when it's Skull Scorpio. :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Jokerland also sold out on S@H. 30 day waiting period.

Lot of sellouts this round.

The new Spidey Rhino/Sandman isn't even charting on the top sellers.

Ponn

Banned

Oh man, been waiting months for this to pop up. Doesn't look like a TRU exclusive so I wonder if its at Target too? But i'm sure someone here would have mentioned it by now. I actually want to buy multiples of this, change some of the pieces and then make a couple more out of extra parts and make a bumper car arena for my Halloween moc. I've been waiting for this to see how it looks.

Finished bag one of Pet Shop but need to stop for night. So far it's a fun build, first time building a toilet. I might switch out some of the flat tile pieces on the sidewalk for some jumper tiles to make it easier to pose figs.

Jokerland also sold out on S@H. 30 day waiting period.

Lot of sellouts this round.

The new Spidey Rhino/Sandman isn't even charting on the top sellers.

That Rhino set is just so, ugh. I want Sandman but that Rhino build is awful, can't believe the bootleg Rhino looks so much better. I will have to get it eventually for Sandman and Iron Spidey but i'm waiting for a deep, DEEP discount. Like under $20.

Successfully scooped up one of the 50% off clearance darkseids at target! yay! all you people ordering your silly newly released legos. Scooby-doo schmooby-doo that's what i say.

i want the scooby sets whhyyyy budget.

Scooby sets will get restocked, at least in the US. It doesn't make any sense for Lego to pay for a license and only make one run, unless its a complete dud.

GF and I just went to the Lego Store today;

They only had the Mummy, Mansion, and Lighthouse Scooby Doo sets.

We were able to snag the Deep Sea Operation Base for 20% because of a damaged box.

They also had all of the previous series Mixels for 98 cents a piece.

I had the entire Space themed Mixel line, but I grabbed all 3 again so I can build the Mega Mixel.

Potomac Mills? If so I don't need to go back for the Deep Sea Operation Base...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom