• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm the Detective Agency/Barbershop/Pool Hall sounds a little crowded to be honest. Still can't wait to see it next week.

It sounds like three things that are about one room each. If it's got pet shop's layout then that's only 3 of 6 potential rooms, right? Barber shop ground floor of one building, pool hall ground floor of the other, PI upstars in one building?

Even if the pool hall, detective's office, or both need two floors that shouldn't run out of space.

R-User!

Looks like rocket raccoon is street dated for tomorrow the 16th should be 499 don't know if it's part of the deal or not I'll find out tomorrow morning when I call... Punctuation at a later date

Ryuuroden

Hmmmmm the Detective Agency/Barbershop/Pool Hall sounds a little crowded to be honest. Still can't wait to see it next week.

detective agency on upper floor which makes much more sense to me than on a first floor and pool hall in one ground floor, barber shop in the other ground floor. I am 100% positive this is what it will be, take it to the bank (which will be the next modular)

woodypop

Does anyone play Chima Speedorz? I just recently got a few sets, but I'm having trouble finding detailed information about how the game cards work. I don't fully understand the cards. =(

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like rocket raccoon is street dated for tomorrow the 16th should be 499 don't know if it's part of the deal or not I'll find out tomorrow morning when I call... Punctuation at a later date

Checked back with my store tonight. Gave them the item #, they confirmed the name of the item from that. Made sure to ask them to physically locate the item so I know they actually have it this time.

They told me they are already on the floor.

*edit*

Well except that was all a lie... after more holding and more scrounging for details, they now tell me their system is lying and they aren't really in store and they aren't getting them. How am I supposed to even know what to think. How do they go from "yeah it's on the floor, 200 of them" to "yeah our system is lying it's not here" all from the same person? Maybe you can begin to understand what I'm dealing with here. Sigh.

Idiots work at Toys R Us. So frustrating trying to find any straight information anywhere. I'll still stop in there a few times next week but my expectations are very low.

If any of you actually find RR in the USA starting tomorrow, please raise your hand! I mean, all of this going off a scanned ad right? I haven't even seen it advertised anywhere so... maybe the joke is all on me :)

neonglow

Checked back with my store tonight. Gave them the item #, they confirmed the name of the item from that. Made sure to ask them to physically locate the item so I know they actually have it this time.

*edit*

Well except that was all a lie... after more holding and more scrounging for details, they now tell me their system is lying and they aren't really in store and they aren't getting them. How am I supposed to even know what to think. How do they go from "yeah it's on the floor, 200 of them" to "yeah our system is lying it's not here" all from the same person? Maybe you can begin to understand what I'm dealing with here. Sigh.

Idiots work at Toys R Us. So frustrating trying to find any straight information anywhere. I'll still stop in there a few times next week but my expectations are very low.

If any of you actually find RR in the USA starting tomorrow, please raise your hand! I mean, all of this going off a scanned ad right? I haven't even seen it advertised anywhere so... maybe the joke is all on me :)

I'm gonna go to Toys R Us tomorrow to try hunting these down. What's the item number I have to give them to look it up?

R-User!

*edit*

Well, I was in store, and the guy found them in one of the offices near the managers office in the front of the store; guy scans it, it says 4.99 but doesn't have any details as to wether or not it's associated with a deal of just available to buy standalone....

We'll see tomorrow morning when I wake up what they say when I call them (I think they open at 9am, so I'll call about 10 minutes before they open to ask about the status of the item.

I also got the UPC, fake edit: can't find it must be in the car; If I find then I'll post it...

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm gonna go to Toys R Us tomorrow to try hunting these down. What's the item number I have to give them to look it up?

save this on your phone and have them scan it:

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-co...of-the-Galaxy-Rocket-Raccoon-Polybag-Back.jpg

the following may also be accurate but it's only what i'e read on forums and reddit so don't trust it (trust the upc):
item #: 084829
SKU: 673419218139 (clearly seen below the barcode in the above image)

Good luck and please report your findings :)

R-User!: I'm going to try calling once again tomorrow and ask to speak directly to a manager this time. If they are indeed supposed to be for sale on the 16th and they are hidden away until then, they must show up. I'm fully aware that they may keep some items in the manager's office or in a locked room until street dates for certain items, but anytime I ask about this possibility every employee is pretty sure that never happens. Sure.

All this headache for a polybag :) I'm willing to go the extra mile to avoid paying scalper prices.

It's probably somewhere in the store, being stash away. Isn't the Rocket polybag suppose to be for their next $30.00 promo deal?

Anyway, last time they have Robin cycle, they "supposedly" got put out by accident at all my nearby TRU and sold out before the promotion. Now one of the store, put all the polybag behind the counters (they did the same thing with the Bricktober set).

Lego must have sent more than enough plastic men to gamestop or something because even this many days later I managed to get mine with batman 3

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-co...of-the-Galaxy-Rocket-Raccoon-Polybag-Back.jpg

the following may also be accurate but it's only what i'e read on forums and reddit so don't trust it (trust the upc):

R-User!: I'm going to try calling once again tomorrow and ask to speak directly to a manager this time. If they are indeed supposed to be for sale on the 16th and they are hidden away until then, they must show up. I'm fully aware that they may keep some items in the manager's office or in a locked room until street dates for certain items, but anytime I ask about this possibility every employee is pretty sure that never happens. Sure.

All this headache for a polybag :) I'm willing to go the extra mile to avoid paying scalper prices.

Remember... I crossed international borders for this guy.

I love that the set has the words NOT FOR SALE on the back.

Man I was think of picking up the Star Wars Rebels sets(haven't bought Star Wars Lego since the Episode 1 hype days)

So im looking at the sets in Walmart and notice they have all of the main cast as minifigures but the one character I actually like,
So I look up when she is coming its not till January not only that but it doesn't include her helmet which is her defining feature.

R-User!

I went into a store and tried to dig up some information but the manager didn't know anything because the signmaker puts up signs in the morning. so they don't know what the promotions are until the next day and they don't have physical ads in store; they only have them online so whenever TRU posts them online than we will see what potential promotion there is... Sigh... Better catch my "Zzzz's"; gotta be up early to get Dat Rocket!

edit: well i see that there is a deal for buy a 30 dollar set tomorrow get mikey turtles poly free, but nothing showing a pic of rocket... my hunch is that it will be a ymmv at your store, and that the sets are really for a dec movie release promo... but thats just my guess.

edit 2: not a total, but a potential contradiction to thebrickshow report that they heard that the dareth and rocket poly's would be a black friday promotion: Unless ToysRUs has changed their BF plans after their BF Ad was finalized, or unless they intend on running a "Deal" without advertising it in their BF Ad, then the fact that their BF Ad was posted at 6:48 est today and that the 28 pages show no picture or text that I can see that references either Dareth or Rocket would lead me to believe that the Dareth and Rocket (D&R) polys will have either there own "for sale" release date, or that there will be future promotions that those polys will be associated with.

TL;DR: Go to your local TRU tomorrow morning and cross your fingers on the drive over there that they have one or both of those polys and that you find a way to walk out of the store a "winner"... ;)

Brickfan has a BUNCH of pictures for the Jurassic World raptors. Either they are color test prototypes or there are gonna be like six different raptors next summer :O

Really hope/wish they'd put out a classic red/brown raptor like the 2010 sets. :(

Ponn

Banned
Ugh, this Rocket Raccoon TRU shit is starting to annoy me. I have to wait till tuesday anyways but I will see how well you guys make out. it almost seems like its worth the average $25 asking price to just get one after market and avoid all this bullshit.

Fowler

picked u the cantina set!

going ti build it later tonight.

Last big set i want is the smaug set currently with my money being saved for bionicle.

I LOVE the Cantina set, not so much for the build, or what it looks like, just what it IS, really.

It's the perfect spot for all my random Star Wars figs to hang out in. Looks better the more crowded it is, too.

I LOVE the Cantina set, not so much for the build, or what it looks like, just what it IS, really.

It's the perfect spot for all my random Star Wars figs to hang out in. Looks better the more crowded it is, too.

I dont have a ton of SW figures, but I know what you mean. I feel the same about Unexpected Gathering since I threw all my dwarves in there.

I mostly got Cantina for the sandtrooper and the dewback. Sandtroopers and dewbacks were a large portion of something i loved as a kid.

ghostmind

Huw, the admin of Brickset has an image of the Detective Agency, but so far he isn't posting it.

His site does have to play nice with LEGO, so he may have to hold off on sharing it.

Fowler

I dont have a ton of SW figures, but I know what you mean. I feel the same about Unexpected Gathering since I threw all my dwarves in there.

I mostly got Cantina for the sandtrooper and the dewback. Sandtroopers and dewbacks were a large portion of something i loved as a kid.

I got it for the Cantina band, but the sand troopers and dewback are AWESOME.

ghostmind

Only 5 more days, right?

Yep, though I'll keep searching for it, in case I can find it sooner.

In the interim, more details from someone who has seen it:

I've seen it. It includes the DA on the 2nd story, billiards hall below and a barber shop next door with apartments on top. A new piece scissor or "shears" are featured prominently. DA has brick with profile walls, while the pool hall has a brown front with glass windows and green canopy. Barber Shop is in Navy blue with the apartments lighter blue.

ghostmind

Brickfan has a BUNCH of pictures for the Jurassic World raptors. Either they are color test prototypes or there are gonna be like six different raptors next summer :O

Really hope/wish they'd put out a classic red/brown raptor like the 2010 sets. :(

I think they are color tests:

gFW0loR.jpg

I love it. The private dick's office looks great. Can't wait to see inside. I'm assuming the window's have stickers, that would be disappointing.

Newspaper stand, water tank on the roof, pool sign and walkway between the buildings. Love it.

Note the balljoints used for detail on the pillars... so many interesting techniques used here. Gotta be a Jamie build?

I also like how the division into two (or three) buildings make for an uneven silhouette without making two separate buildings (Pet Shop stays unique), it reminds me of the custom build I posted some while back.

Also, lol at AL'S being the exact same build :D

ghostmind

Such an interesting and unique design... getting a 50's/60's big American city feel from it.

"Ace Brickman" Private Detective!

The "pool hall" has a very "Cheers" vibe from the exterior.

Looks like lots of detail from what can be seen so far.

Slightly taller than the Pet Shop.

I think this will be an awesome addition to the modular street.

Ask and ye shall receive!

0ATVuyS.jpg

Sweet!!! I like the "busy" feel. Has more of a crowded city feel like I would imagine New York or something. Also kinda feels like this is an area in the city you may want to watch your back a little. Love it.

I only have 2 more modulars to get before I get this one. I'm really having Town Hall non-buyer remorse. I should have gotten it anyway. I could always sell it later. Oh well, if I see it in LEGO store I'll snag it, but not a huge loss. It will free me from having to get them all because of my collector OCD.

I feel stupid about a post earlier I was asking for minfigs with plain classic LEGO heads. All of the modulars have those. Doh!

In this case, with such defined characters, I actually feel that the plain heads are hurting it a bit. I think I'll switch them up once I get it.

Hmmm... what's that blue colour? I see dark blue, regular blue (in the sign) and medium blue, but the light one?

ghostmind

In this case, with such defined characters, I actually feel that the plain heads are hurting it a bit. I think I'll switch them up once I get it.

I've decided to do the same for all my modular citizens. I appreciate what they are going for, but I think having modern faces with expressions adds a lot.

Ask and ye shall receive!

0ATVuyS.jpg

New branding for the Expert line it seems.

Are those stickers on the windows? I hope not.

The pool hall sign is aces.

Are those Unikitty tails for the top of Al's barber shop side?

What are they doing to create that grooved pattern on the top of the pool hall!?

I wanna see the interior!

Is it January yet?

This and Slave 1 on the same day!? SQUEE!

Haha, just noticed, it's Detective's Office, not Detective Agency.

More things to notice: the barrel on top of the building is not a standard build, it's rounded with 1x4 tiles around it. Also, brown R2 head used for the tree. Also, how on earth are they putting the red sign pieces on opposite sides of the black plate? I'm thinking there's some cool solution with two 1x8 plates.

nny

Oooooh..looks great!

so many details/things happening...love it!

Edit: it seems to be a single building, and not separable like Pet Shop.

Fowler

Looks alright, and I suspect on closer inspection (and a look at the interior) I'll be more impressed. But my first impression is "meh"; it doesn't really wow me like Parisian Restaurant did on first look.

Oooooh..looks great!

so many details/things happening...love it!

Edit: it seems to be a single building, and not separable like Pet Shop.

What makes you think that? From the looks of it it MAY still be separable ?

I wonder how they're gonna do the pool table, also, it can only be ONE right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom