• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drove down to Disneyland today for a family vacation. I picked up two Research Institutes at the Lego store in downtown Disney. It was a limit of one per household but I bought one and had my wife buy another. There were about 12 on the shelves when I bought them. I walked by after dinner and saw about five left.

I'm really glad I was finally able to get this set. I've never seen them in store.

My TRU received 200 Rockets today. But it came on today's truck and they said I'd have to wait until tomorrow to buy one. Price is 4.99

Now, I hope I can come tomorrow morning and buy 2 or 3. Unless they put them out this afternoon and they, by some stroke of terrible luck, get all snatched by prospectors. Hopefully at 4.99 they won't move that fast.
It probably have Street date but most TRU doesn't care, except the one right by my work. They never put anything out before promotion.

mojiimbo

Observations:

10235: Winter Village Market - TONS of them. Not quite as hot of a seller as Santa's Workshop.
10245: Santa's Workshop - Sold out after a week after they had a huge stack of them. They did not get any more in this week, but will get an unknown number next week.

I hope Winter Village Market doesn't sell well so I can pick one up on clearance. :) During my visits, a few people asked about Santa's Workshop. They didn't care for the Village Market as an alternative when they were told there are no Santa's Workshops in stock. I plan on skipping Winter Village Market, but will bite if 30% off or more.
Looks like they're pretty serious about the "no discounts on exclusives" thing. Winter Village Market stuck around from January to around July at the store here because they never put them on sale.

gzT8HQx.jpg

Finally, all Mixels complete :)

Rootbeer

Banned
It probably have Street date but most TRU doesn't care, except the one right by my work. They never put anything out before promotion.

I did ask them about the street date (right after I asked the price), they said it was sellable if they could only find them, but they couldn't because it was still buried in the truck stock. Now, what they tell me once I get to the register may be different. :)

I'll know in a few hours.

No, I don't have anything better to do on a Friday night than taking the bus to the DHL service point for the third time trying to return my mis-shipped set from Lego S@H, thank you.

Turns up I had to send it by regular mail at my cost. They better pay me back.

Museum is a great idea for a modular. I wonder if they can combine this LEGO Ideas with 2016 modular or sneak it in end of 2015 as a modular. If not, there is no way this is getting made.
This just achieved 10,000 votes.

I hope LEGO does a mass printing of the classic plain minifig face someday. Luckily I have a bunch I can borrow from my kids.

The Natural History Museum - Creator Expert
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/46720

1541942-o_18uqtquv51222ms61ve317689k97-full.png

Zerojul

Museum is a great idea for a modular. I wonder if they can combine this LEGO Ideas with 2016 modular or sneak it in end of 2015 as a modular. If not, there is no way this is getting made.

I hope LEGO does a mass printing of the classic plain minifig face someday. Luckily I have a bunch I can borrow from my kids.

Great project. I really hope they manage to make something with it.

That's a really nice idea. My wife was commenting that they really need to make a courthouse. I agree-could fit nicely with the 1930s themes of the series.

The museum though....all the internal details would be awesome.

ghostmind

As one of this project's supporters, I really hope it gets selected, or inspires LEGO to create a modular on their own that reflects this model.

Apparently, LEGO plans their modular releases several models ahead, so if something like this isn't on the schedule already, it may be a while.

As one of this project's supporters, I really hope it gets selected, or inspires LEGO to create a modular on their own that reflects this model.

Apparently, LEGO plans their modular releases several models ahead, so if something like this isn't on the schedule already, it may be a while.

Realistically, they're not going to add another $150 set to their plans since they probably have the next two modulars after Detective Agency already designed.

Realistically, they're not going to add another $150 set to their plans since they probably have the next two modulars after Detective Agency already designed.

That sucks. I'm sure a museum of sorts was already in their plans. This wouldn't be the first time a LEGO Ideas/Cuusoo project was rejected and LEGO came out with their own (which was probably already in the works). Sandcrawler is one example.

Ravek

Banned
Need LEGOGAF assistance.

Has anyone bought the Smaug set yet? Im so tempted to pick it up despite the outrageous price.

I've watched the Jang and Brick Show reviews, but I need this threads help to tell me if its worth it the price. It looks sooo good but the price keeps holding me back.

I don't see the price going down during the holidays, but I could be wrong.

ruxtpin

Banned
Need LEGOGAF assistance.

Has anyone bought the Smaug set yet? Im so tempted to pick it up despite the outrageous price.

I've watched the Jang and Brick Show reviews, but I need this threads help to tell me if its worth it the price. It looks sooo good but the price keeps holding me back.

I bought the collection of all the new Hobbit sets from S&H, but I haven't had a chance over the last week to even open the shipping box yet. Can try and post a follow-up once I have a sit down to enjoy them. I saw the set on display at my local store and it looks like a great parts pack (with all the sand-green) and Smaug was pretty cool looking.

I am also conflicted on Smaug... On the one hand i really prefer brick built creations and despise Playmobile lookalike Lego Bigfigs like this... On the other hand, this specific Dragon DOES look pretty badass and it's SMAUG so hmmm

I am not sure if i bought the game or the mini-figure that happen to include the game. I didn't pre-order but a nice GameStop gave it to me anyway.

This remind me that I never finished the Lego Movie videogame.

did you just pick that up today? Ima stop by some Gamestops around my house and see if any of them have any left

Zerojul

Need LEGOGAF assistance.

I am also conflicted on Smaug... On the one hand i really prefer brick built creations and despise Playmobile lookalike Lego Bigfigs like this... On the other hand, this specific Dragon DOES look pretty badass and it's SMAUG so hmmm
I will eventually buy it but am waiting for a huge discount to do so.
I managed to get all the wave 1 Hobbit sets with an average -40% discount, even the excellent and iconic 79003, so I make the bet I can do the same with this set.
If I'm wrong and there are no good deals on it, there will always be time to react before it goes OOP and snatch it at full price if I feel like it. In a word, I'm playing the waiting game. It could take a while, though, but I'm in no hurry.

Need LEGOGAF assistance.

I did. It's a pretty cool dragon and there's some useful colours in the set, but you really should wait for a sale. A realistic price should be somewhere closer to Mines of Moria. I wrote a blog on Smaug specifically.

Also, while I'm plugging my blog:

pqPdd19.jpg

VoWz0Z9.jpg

I finished my second modular, inspired by one of my first sets. It's much smaller than my last one, but I had an opportunity to try out some fun techniques. More pictures and story here: Modular Tea Garden Café

Rootbeer

Banned
Welp. No rocket today. They flat out can't find it. They said it's not in the locked room where they keep dated items either.

Glad to see my shit luck is still working it's magic. Least I got some good fish tacos on my way over.

R-User!

Need LEGOGAF assistance.

I will eventually buy it but am waiting for a huge discount to do so.
I managed to get all the wave 1 Hobbit sets with an average -40% discount, even the excellent and iconic 79003, so I make the bet I can do the same with this set.
If I'm wrong and there are no good deals on it, there will always be time to react before it goes OOP and snatch it at full price if I feel like it. In a word, I'm playing the waiting game. It could take a while, though, but I'm in no hurry.

I did. It's a pretty cool dragon and there's some useful colours in the set, but you really should wait for a sale. A realistic price should be somewhere closer to Mines of Moria. I wrote a blog on Smaug specifically.

pqPdd19.jpg

VoWz0Z9.jpg

I finished my second modular, inspired by one of my first sets. It's much smaller than my last one, but I had an opportunity to try out some fun techniques. More pictures and story here: Modular Tea Garden Café

Yes, either play the waiting game, or if you can't do that than just bite the bullet and enjoy Smaug now during the lead up to The Battle of the Five Armies!

Welp. No rocket today. They flat out can't find it. They said it's not in the locked room where they keep dated items either.

Glad to see my shit luck is still working it's magic. Least I got some good fish tacos on my way over.

Don't worry. I checked out TRU during lunch break and found nothing (I'm in California - TRUs here tend to get stock later the other parts of country). I'm debating hitting another one on the way home.

---

I wish LEGO would do some non-minidoll Disney stuff. These are nice.

15542441789_e694ede3e5_n.jpg

LEGO Frozen Minifig Concepts by TSWGray by Cole Edmonson, on Flickr

Oooh. New official Mixel images are out.
I plan on getting a bunch of the Space Mixels for the trans dome piece, unless it's cheap to get a bunch off Bricklink.

I like Rokit, but I'm meh on the other two Space Mixels.
The other ones look good.

Mixels are a treasure trove of nice parts.

I'll let Ghostmind do his usual awesome job of posting the photos here.

I went to the shop to grab the R2 set and they were sold out. Now I have to wait until Monday to grab one from their other store. Fingers crossed they have 1 in stock still.
There is a $50 off special on at the moment.

Rootbeer

Banned
Don't worry. I checked out TRU during lunch break and found nothing (I'm in California - TRUs here tend to get stock later the other parts of country). I'm debating hitting another one on the way home.

---

I wish LEGO would do some non-minidoll Disney stuff. These are nice.

15542441789_e694ede3e5_n.jpg

LEGO Frozen Minifig Concepts by TSWGray by Cole Edmonson, on Flickr

I'll check again on the 16th which is the date it should be for sale anyway. What irritated me was that it shows as 200 in stock in their store and they don't even know where it 24 hours or when I tired again 48 hours later o_O

Oh, and I happened to be there when their LEGO distributor guy was there too. I talked to him about it. And of course he has no idea about the Rocket Raccoon polybag either. None of the other stores where he goes has anything that matches its description either. I also questioned him about the Minecraft LEGO sets and rather TRU or the other stores he deals with (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens) would be getting any this year, based on what he knows: no.

But I'm really good at getting misinformation so :)

A buddy and I both travel fairly regularly so we keep an eye out for polybags. We met up for a drink last night-he came through large!

I have three LEGO stores within a 45 minute drive. Out of those three, only ONE got the Thanksgiving polybag last year, and even then they got a total of 25-30. I was so happy to finally get my hands on that sweet bird.

pqPdd19.jpg

VoWz0Z9.jpg

Dat bakers rack!

Woorloog

Banned
Mixels remind me heavily of the various creatures in Spore. The default ones that is. Custom Mixels do not remind me of custom Spore creations...

Ponn

Banned
Better and better with every wave. I'm not only excited for this wave but what they have in store for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom