• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
If past trends are an indication, then the minifigure scale Minecraft sets should be up for sale sometime tonight on S@H, right?

Just wanted to mention it for those interested.

related: shop.lego.com's Top Sellers list is totally broken right now... it's showing a bunch of weird items. And unless there was a really good sale that I heard nothing about and it only just now expired... that doesn't look right.

ghostmind

The first major release for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" merchandise will be in September.

I wonder how that affects the LEGO SW release plans for the summer wave...

ghostmind

If past trends are an indication, then the minifigure scale Minecraft sets should be up for sale sometime tonight on S@H, right?

Just wanted to mention it for those interested.

related: shop.lego.com's Top Sellers list is totally broken right now... it's showing a bunch of weird items. And unless there was a really good sale that I heard nothing about and it only just now expired... that doesn't look right.

According to my local LEGO store, they will not be stocking Minecraft sets until 2015, so I am picking up a few in about 15 minutes from S@H, as I think they will sell briskly.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, I pick it up last night. I wasn't planning on getting the game since I still have backlog. I was just going to get the figure of eBay.

Might as well if you can get the fig, thats what I figured. Spend the same amount overall if you paid aftermarket for the fig and get the game on sale as just picking it up now. Plus its really awesome so far. I mean there are some annoying parts with cut scenes causing some glitching and character getting stuck but overall so far its just as good as Lego Marvel for me. Humor is great, loving how they kept Teen Titan Cyborg voice from the CN movie and seeing vehicles from current and upcoming sets is kinda cool. Love the classic music as well.

One draw back for me is even though its hitting Lego Marvel level i'm just not seeing anything yet taking it past that. I think they need to find a way to evolve these games further or they are going to get stale. I was thinking about this and what I would like to see is maybe they combine their current style with X-men Legends/Marvel Alliance gameplay. They are using "suits" right now but I think they could implement an RPG like upgrade system and power tree like those games through Lego add-on bricks or accessories and make it seem natural. Anyways.

Had a 15% off coupon for TRU was going to use this weekend but since it looks like Rocket isn't going to be there I will just wait till tuesday when i'm actually going by a TRU and see if they have Rocket by then.

ghostmind

Unpainted/printed mould of the upcoming Hot Dog Guy from CMF 13:

JdKtW8G.jpg

UQG8P6H.jpg

HngnJEk.jpg

Hahaha, oh man, that's amazing! At least it'll be super easy to feel for.

I'm 3 for 3 on my feeling skills, was able to successfully feel the Space Miner, Pig Guy, and the Hun Warrior. Didn't buy the Hun though, just picked a bag to see if I could indentify it.

Unpainted/printed mould of the upcoming Hot Dog Guy from CMF 13:

JdKtW8G.jpg

That's exactly what I was hoping they would do!!!
Can a banana man be in the future?

Now, who could this be??? LOL

LqEwMNN.jpg

Oh yeah! 2nd wave of Simpsons CMFs.
Wonder if Moe, Barney, or Mr. Smithers will make the cut. I'm not holding my breath though.

That's a huge leak with the CMF and Simpsons stuff. LEGO has grown too large to keep a lid on things.

Looking at the pics again, I was struck by how the jaw on this guy is made:

FXZzsxO.jpg

It appears the upper jaw is done using the small ball joints, which allows the off angle. Very cool.

EDIT: And LOL. The top of the eye has the criminal's hat on it. Awesome.

ghostmind

Minecraft sets are now available on S@H - I just ordered "The Cave", "The Farm", and "The First Night".

If you would rather order from TRU, they are now available from there as well.

I would assume they would also be back on Amazon soon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sweet. Getting all the Speed Champions sets except the truck. Stickers be damned.

New Mixels look nice. Hot Dog Guy must get. And happy for more Simpsons!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I wish they could do minifig-scale remote-controlled cars (needs enough oomph to power everything though, which might make it hard to keep it small enough) or a Slot-Car set.

D'you guys think Santa's Little Helper will be part of the next Simpsons CMF line, or will he be part of the next Simpsons set that's been rumored? (I believe it was the Kwik-E-Mart)

I wonder what Lego's plans for the Simpsons theme are. A new set and CMF line each year? Will they ever release an entire range of sets ala Super Heroes or Star Wars?

I still can't believe they haven't done something as simple as Bart's treehouse as a set. Bartman figure, Santa's Little Helper or Snowball, maybe a special Millhouse figure, price it around $50, bam. "Entry" set for those who want Simpsons but aren't willing or able to drop $200 to get them, but also goes nicely with the house.

Anyone wanna guess Simpsons CMF 2? I gotta admit, although I called Groundskeeper Willie I never in a million years would have guessed Dr. Hibbert.

I'd really like a Radioactive Man. Or a Poochie to go with Itchy & Scratchy. I don't know if they'd ever do Troy McClure out of respect but that would be damned amazing too.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Heh, when I was younger I always just got my dad to do them, but now that i'm an adult it's basically printed pieces or no go.

Rootbeer

Banned
If those are Jurassic World dinos then i'm 200% satiated and any color/design concerns are quelled, glad I didn't cave to the aftermarket. Okay, technically I did buy ONE raptor off ebay but it was low priced so, I don't feel bad. :)

The dino-sized hole in my LEGO collection will soon be filled... this is great.

As for the updated SW encyclopedia... I loved the Palpatine minifigure from the previous SW book, I hope they continue with giving us minfigs that are actually worth owning. Still detest those "medal" figures they were going with for a while. Especially the Vader one... i mean, wut.

Also, RE: minecraft LEGO, slickdeals has a post with links to them from most retailers as of this morning's availability:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7367306-hot...-available-now-sets-available-online-only?v=1

S@H is the wisest choice for the VIP points and 2015 Calendar (which is full of some nice freebies), but some may prefer Target for the 5% REDCard discount, or one of the other retailers. Especially if S@H starts going out of stock.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Sold on those dinosaurs- doesnt matter on the actual set design, im in.

Could the sharks be from Turtles or something mayhaps? Ultra Agents?

ghostmind

It just makes sense for LEGO to re-use the DINO moulds for Jurassic World. Those moulds must have been terribly expensive to produce, and DINO sales (while it was on the market) were not great. LEGO is willing to modify the moulds somewhat though, as shown by the white dinosaur.

I do hope that we will see some completely new dinosaurs though.

LEGO must be having a fit about all of these Chinese plant leaks.

ghostmind

More Detective Agency rumors/news, this time from Schwallex on Brickset:

Today at my local store, they let me hold the box for a few seconds...

... and I was so excited I can barely remember any of it now. Just that it was a two-part building, the left side had lots of masonry bricks in Medium Dark Flesh, and the right one a shop sign that spelled "AL'S" in blue on white using the same technique as in the Pet Shop. In the middle a vertical sign was mounted orthogonally that spelled "Pool" using Tiles, Round 2 x 2 with Hole in Red.

Oh, and we'll finally be getting minifig scissors! No more hat feathers masquerading as scissors, actual scissors. One pair was mounted right next to the "AL'S" sign, and another pair a minifig was holding.

So now we have a detective agency, a barbershop, a bar and a pool hall? I'm thinking the bar and the pool hall are one-in-the-same, as that would fit LEGO guidelines more.

Anyway, the cat is almost out of the bag - full reveal next week!!

Rootbeer

Banned
I expected lots of mold reuse on the Dinos, it was never an issue for me. I'm sure we'll get new Dino parts too, but frankly the 2012 Dinos look excellent and LEGO must be well aware of how they have skyrocketed in demand post-retirement, probably above and beyond what they see in most other original themes. A sure indicator that reissuing a lot of them was only going to be seen as a positive thing for most LEGO fans.

ghostmind

Weren't the sharks in the Lego Batman CN show mechanical Black Manta was using? And there is supposed to be one in that set too, maybe thats what it is from.

The Black Manta set is using the smaller, more common shark, though it has a new printed head and black body.

hxZnsMC.jpg

Ryuuroden

More Detective Agency rumors/news, this time from Schwallex on Brickset:

Today at my local store, they let me hold the box for a few seconds...

... and I was so excited I can barely remember any of it now. Just that it was a two-part building, the left side had lots of masonry bricks in Medium Dark Flesh, and the right one a shop sign that spelled "AL'S" in blue on white using the same technique as in the Pet Shop. In the middle a vertical sign was mounted orthogonally that spelled "Pool" using Tiles, Round 2 x 2 with Hole in Red.

Oh, and we'll finally be getting minifig scissors! No more hat feathers masquerading as scissors, actual scissors. One pair was mounted right next to the "AL'S" sign, and another pair a minifig was holding.

ahahahahahahha, seriously, Al's....holyshit, BRB I have to show you guys something, one of the modulars I started on a few years ago.

Edit: a few minutes later

15611188209_e0fe90568e_z.jpg

ahahahahahahha, seriously, Al's....holyshit, BRB I have to show you guys something, one of the modulars I started on a few years ago.

Edit: a few minutes later

15611188209_e0fe90568e_z.jpg
Lol. Between you and I, we predicted the modulars through our MOCs. At least details of them. Hilarious. We should try and will others into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom