• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Ok after some thinking I've figured out what I don't like, I feel like both sides are lacking in detail due to the small scale of each façade, details have been sacrificed to fit it all in. I dig the style of the left hand building but it feels unfinished. Here's what I'd do, ditch the right hand side entirely, make the pool hall and detective agency slightly larger which would afford it a bit more detailing. Then down the left hand side, build a grungy alleyway with a wooden fence, dumpster and fire escape. Done :)

I do like the use of unikitty's tail on the roof of the barber though

I feel the opposite. Due to the small size, there is plenty of variation. The brick texture would get old stretched over 32 studs. Also, having just placed a ton of figures across my modular street, I love the opportunity to use the street, the balconies and three separate rooftops in this for variety. In fact, I might need some superheroes to place around here.

I feel the opposite. Due to the small size, there is plenty of variation. The brick texture would get old stretched over 32 studs. Also, having just placed a ton of figures across my modular street, I love the opportunity to use the street, the balconies and three separate rooftops in this for variety. In fact, I might need some superheroes to place around here.

I agree with all of this.

I am super hyped for this.

Fowler

To me, the small size makes it look more like the high end of the City line (a bit like a better version of the Bike Shop & Cafe model) instead of the "whoaa" factor you get when you see a massive detailed set like the other modulars are.

I mean, I know it's not in the same class as a City set -- it's way more detailed and I'm sure there's good techniques used here -- I just mean as a first impression thing, the scale of the other modulars wows me and this just doesn't.

The only thing that's kinda disappointing for me is how small the room for that pool area probably is, i wish it would have been the ENTIRE lower floor :( I mean with this they can probably just cram one smallish table in there and call it a day right?

Gives me an opening to post this though: (anyone else just love classic Kevin Sorbo?)

SU3TedM.gif

ruxtpin

Banned
I love it!in thinking the little apartment above the barber is going to give me some new ideas for my own modulars (that I hope to build if I'm ever home long enough).

Hi all,

PM me if you need one. I picked up 12 so that I could get 2 free michelangelo polybags.

I'm down to trade for other minifigs and polybags that I need.

R-User!

My local Toys "R" Us said they're willing to sell them that it says promo but the guy that's going to sell them doesn't know what the promo is but he'll still sell them for five bucks each punctuation, sorry...

Rootbeer

Banned
Detective's Office looking smooth! It's a shame about how tiny these are on the inside though, forcing some really big compromises in what can be displayed in there. It's always been way more about the exterior for cost reasons, for sure. Guess it's really up to you if you want a TRUE minifig scale environment to build it yourself.

Hi all,

PM me if you need one. I picked up 12 so that I could get 2 free michelangelo polybags.

I'm down to trade for other minifigs and polybags that I need.

My local Toys "R" Us said they're willing to sell them that it says promo but the guy that's going to sell them doesn't know what the promo is but he'll still sell them for five bucks each punctuation, sorry...

still one hour until I can call my TRU, we'll see if I can buy one today or not. -__-

But can you help me out here... where did you find them? Did the staff have to pull them from somewhere? Were they at customer service?

R-User!

Detective's Office looking smooth! It's a shame about how tiny these are on the inside though, forcing some really big compromises in what can be displayed in there. It's always been way more about the exterior for cost reasons, for sure. Guess it's really up to you if you want a TRUE minifig scale environment to build it yourself.

still one hour until I can call my TRU, we'll see if I can buy one today or not. -__-

But can you help me out here... where did you find them? Did the staff have to pull them from somewhere? Were they at customer service?

For me, the had them at customer service, and they had a self-imposed limit of 2, but i got them to stretch it to 4.

They were where the mixels/cmf are. Sort of on an end cap.

R-User!

Kill the right woman at the right time on the right day with the right amount of charm and get the plastic man polybag for free...

Yeah, that happened... ;)

ghostmind

New rumors for 2015:

Ferris Wheel set, to accompany the Fairground Mixer from this year.

New theme, described as similar to Monster Fighters - a little retro, very kid friendly, and not very "zombie" (such as walking dead). It may be a licensed theme.

R-User!

New rumors for 2015:

New theme, described as similar to Monster Fighters - a little retro, very kid friendly, and not very "zombie" (such as walking dead).

Ferris wheel GET!

More monsters with crazy cool Gatling guns! And things of that nature...

Edit: I wonder if it'll be collapsible just like the fair ground mixer... That'll be pretty crazy to see a collapsible Ferris wheel!

New rumors for 2015:

New theme, described as similar to Monster Fighters - a little retro, very kid friendly, and not very "zombie" (such as walking dead). It may be a licensed theme.

What was the general consensus on the mixer?

In this case, with such defined characters, I actually feel that the plain heads are hurting it a bit. I think I'll switch them up once I get it.

Hmmm... what's that blue colour? I see dark blue, regular blue (in the sign) and medium blue, but the light one?

I get confused with all the different color naming, but I think it's just dark blue, blue, medium blue, and bright light blue/sky blue.

Bricklink is nice in that you can see what sets have that color.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp?v=0

I wish they had the names in this list instead of the IDs for other color names.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

Zerojul

New rumors for 2015:

Sweet, I loved the Mixer and MF is one of my favorite themes of all times. I'm already stoked for those two !!!

The only thing that's kinda disappointing for me is how small the room for that pool area probably is, i wish it would have been the ENTIRE lower floor :( I mean with this they can probably just cram one smallish table in there and call it a day right?

Gives me an opening to post this though: (anyone else just love classic Kevin Sorbo?)

SU3TedM.gif

I think everyone is forgetting you can buy 2 or more sets to make it bigger. :) People do that with modulars and regular sets all the time.

Check out more details here. It's awesome.
http://www.brikkelauget.no/diskusjon/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1705

If you're on a budget with just 2 sets. :)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39736

Yep. Hercules was a great show. Andromeda was so-so.

He appears to be a pet detective :p

LOL

Ryuuroden

I think everyone is forgetting you can buy 2 or more sets to make it bigger. :) People do that with modulars and regular sets all the time.

LOL

I should show off my combination Grand Emporium sometime. It's been done for a while, I just have never taken pictures. Mine has a much better interior than that as I removed the original walls and stuff while it still covers 3 and 1/2 plates and is 4 stories tall.

LOL

Geez how many emporiums did that guy use in the first pic? 20?

I'll stick to one set though i guess... my budget is tight as it is.

PS: To me Kevin Sorbo IS Hercules, forget Andromeda and the rest he did...

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the rocket reports guys. I have too much on my plate today, but i'm going to try two diff TRU tomorrow in person and see what I can find.

Cr0wn0

Went to the Toys R Us in Mesa, AZ and they had a box of them at customer service. I was able to get 2 even though it was 1 per customer. $4.99 a bag. Unless they received multiple boxes I only saw about 15 left in the box he pulled them from.

neonglow

The TRU I went to didn't have them on the floor. I asked them to look it up and the computer said they're in the back being held for next week's promotion.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
That toilet cubicle looks cool, and the same for the detective desk/filing cabinet.

Not sure what those arrows on the left picture mean though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom