• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to stop buying sets I love. How am I supposed to make a MOC when I don't want to break any of them down?
Design it on Lego Digital Designer and then bricklink the parts, shipping makes things expensive but its probably a lot cheaper in the long run than buying everything twice

Anyone getting the constraction General Grevious?

I'd pick him up primarily for parts as I don't care for the character... Sadly I mostly just want it for the metallic ribs and tan armor plates.

Maengun1

Just built the Scooby Haunted Lighthouse set...I'm a big fan of this one!

I've always liked lighthouses in general, but it's just a cool looking set. Love the colors, and the skull cave is awesome.

Now to get the mansion...

Just built the Scooby Haunted Lighthouse set...I'm a big fan of this one!

I've always liked lighthouses in general, but it's just a cool looking set. Love the colors, and the skull cave is awesome.

Now to get the mansion...
I sort of regret not picking this one up instead of the plane one. I think the lighthouse one would display so much better.

Fowler

Thanks for all the best wishes... proposed on Sunday and she said yes!

11902579_10153972167267841_2548488515449389978_n.jpg

Used Harry Potter to hold the ring so I could get a hat-trick of her geeky loves in there: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and of course LEGO.

(And yes, I debated hiding Gollum in there somewhere...)

Used Harry Potter to hold the ring so I could get a hat-trick of her geeky loves in there: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and of course LEGO.

Congrats on her saying yes to Harry Potter! ;)
J/K...Congrats!

I'd pick him up primarily for parts as I don't care for the character... Sadly I mostly just want it for the metallic ribs and tan armor plates.

I am for sure as he is a perfect fit for Constraction it seems... He looks great from the shots we got of him so far.

Question though: Did you actually watch Clone Wars? Because i was lukewarm on Grievious at first after the movies and thought he was a boring, upgraded droid just like the rest of them with no charm and charisma to him; after watching Clone Wars (and reading up on him a little) i completely turned around though as it really fleshes him out much much more and mainly shows how twisted and truly evil he actually is. I also felt it never really came across just how much of a threat he is to a Jedi in the movies, while in Clone Wars he
proceeds to lure several Jedi into traps and straight up murders them etc.

Congratulations!

In other news, I really need to build some of these sets. I bought the Bi-plane from Scooby Doo and forgot that I had already bought it, just haven't built it yet.

Rootbeer

Banned

I'm not sure I can budget for it right now, too many LEGO and other toy items on my buy list in the coming weeks. I might pick it up along with Vader and/or Luke later on though. Right now, focusing on The Force Awakens wave 1 sets. More than enough to keep me busy.

TheFuzz

Apparently Just2Good over at Eurobricks has dropped a number of hints that strongly indicate a big D2C DC Superheroes set coming early 2016, and it's going to be the 1966 Batcave. Please be true.

ghostmind

Congratulations!

Apparently Just2Good over at Eurobricks has dropped a number of hints that strongly indicate a big D2C DC Superheroes set coming early 2016, and it's going to be the 1966 Batcave. Please be true.

It sounds cool. I get why people would be excited at the prospect. But I'm honestly getting pretty sick of the DC line-up being rotten with Batman stuff.

ghostmind

I will be executing Order 66 on all the Constraction figures, as well as the Advent calendar, on September 1st.

And then three days later...

fVvbwaZ.gif
aGYyUE8.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
After LEGO Batman 3 at least we have a strong idea of what it might look like.

Personally not excited at the prospect but I ended up liking the Scooby sets more than I thought I would. We will see. I just can't see it being a huge seller. Mattel recently came out with a bunch of 1966 Batman stuff and it seems to be hanging around on shelves quite a lot. I don't see there being much demand.

Why not give us a D2C Hall of Justice or something more timely if they are going to do a huge set like that

It's been speculated for a weeks if not months that the Series 14 Tiger Woman hairpiece would be perfect for 66 Catwoman, lego has a habit of releasing these new pieces that they can get lots of different characters out of. A good example is the Series 13 Goblin which they promptly turned around and used as a Green Goblin headpiece.

ghostmind

Yes, 1966 Batman is happening, and from what I have heard the D2C Batcave won't be the only thing, though it will definitely be the biggest thing.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Anyone up for a new gaf MOC contest sometime in the near future? I missed out on all the previous ones, and would love to participate.

TheFuzz

Yes, 1966 Batman is happening, and from what I have heard the D2C Batcave won't be the only thing, though it will definitely be the biggest thing.

I may be in the minority maybe, but I think that's great news. Thanks for confirming!

I'm extremely excited since it was such a huge part of my childhood. Of course I am a huge Batman fan too, so his prevalence in the DC theme doesn't bother me.

R-User!

I can see the colorful boxes in my head now!

Can't wait for the theme, and hope we get a Burgess Meredith Penguin: rah rah rah!

I am for sure as he is a perfect fit for Constraction it seems... He looks great from the shots we got of him so far.

Question though: Did you actually watch Clone Wars? Because i was lukewarm on Grievious at first after the movies and thought he was a boring, upgraded droid just like the rest of them with no charm and charisma to him; after watching Clone Wars (and reading up on him a little) i completely turned around though as it really fleshes him out much much more and mainly shows how twisted and truly evil he actually is. I also felt it never really came across just how much of a threat he is to a Jedi in the movies, while in Clone Wars he

I'd probably be into him more if I watched the show, but I've sat down multiple times on multiple occasions watching a number of episodes and can't stand the Clone Wars show one bit; I know I'm one of the few here but the show is a huge bore to me(this coming from a longtime SW fan). I see good things in it, I just don't enjoy it myself.

That said I think grevious is a great character, but I care more about the parts than him :(

I'd probably be into him more if I watched the show, but I've sat down multiple times on multiple occasions watching a number of episodes and can't stand the Clone Wars show one bit; I know I'm one of the few here but the show is a huge bore to me(this coming from a longtime SW fan). I see good things in it, I just don't enjoy it myself.

That said I think grevious is a great character, but I care more about the parts than him :(

That's a shame... i won't say it's the greatest SW thing ever but... once the show actually gets going (which is imo around season 2 toward the end) it never lets up save for a couple filler episodes, and features plenty of awesome, epic arcs. It's really quite like a space opera in format and not a bad one at that.

Either way, back to Constraction, can't wait for Grievious, Cody and Vader which will likely be the only ones i am getting, though i really like Obi Wan so i might have to bite on him after all... Luke is the only one that doesn't look great to me so far...

That's a shame... i won't say it's the greatest SW thing ever but... once the show actually gets going (which is imo around season 2 toward the end) it never lets up save for a couple filler episodes, and features plenty of awesome, epic arcs. It's really quite like a space opera in format and not a bad one at that.

Either way, back to Constraction, can't wait for Grievious, Cody and Vader which will likely be the only ones i am getting, though i really like Obi Wan so i might have to bite on him after all... Luke is the only one that doesn't look great to me so far...

Yeah I expect it to get better since I hear great things, it's just my own weird problem >_<

I'll be getting Jango Fett only probably, but might pick up Cody.

It sounds cool. I get why people would be excited at the prospect. But I'm honestly getting pretty sick of the DC line-up being rotten with Batman stuff.

Cuz it's the 60's TV Batman. Think of it as an Elseworlds set. And of course the 60's villains too! I need a Yvonne Craig Batgirl minifig with glitter.
I agree there is way too many sets with Batman, but at least they change up the printing. Spider-man has Batman beat easily for number of minifigs in a set with the exact same printing. Only thing that bothers me about Batman being in a set is it could be a new DC super hero they haven't done yet.

Yeah, I'll be all over the '66 stuff. The only downer is that the Lego Ideas '66 Batmobile is unlikely to happen.

Won't happen. Very strong rumor (not sure if it's confirmed) is there will be a '66 Batmobile.

BigHow

Neo Member
Cuz it's the 60's TV Batman. Think of it as an Elseworlds set. And of course the 60's villains too! I need a Yvonne Craig Batgirl minifig with glitter.
I agree there is way too many sets with Batman, but at least they change up the printing. Spider-man has Batman beat easily for number of minifigs in a set with the exact same printing. Only thing that bothers me about Batman being in a set is it could be a new DC super hero they haven't done yet.

Won't happen. Very strong rumor (not sure if it's confirmed) is there will be a '66 Batmobile.

Even though I went through the trouble of Bricklinking the SDCC '66 Batmobile, I will be heartbroken if they don't include a bigger one in the '66 Batcave or at least give it its own set!

Also, the Robin minifig def needs to step its game up. The one that came in the SDCC set (and the Lego Juniors set) doesn't really recreate the Burt Ward Robin for me.

Spider-man has Batman beat easily for number of minifigs in a set with the exact same printing. Only thing that bothers me about Batman being in a set is it could be a new DC super hero they haven't done yet.

Yeah, it's happening....but it's gonna be part of the Batcave set, which means we'll get a shitty one.

They've most Justice Leaguers, so it's only more obscure ones are left -- Hawkgirl, other GLs, other Flashes (although Jay Garrick will appear in TV show next season so we may get one soon), Red Hood, etc. There's not much you build around these guys.

Ponn

Banned

Hoping the Batmobile is a set of its own so it doesnt take up pieces of the Batcave. A huge beautiful Batcave with a bunch of Bat-labelled devices would be so awesome.

Yeah, it's happening....but it's gonna be part of the Batcave set, which means we'll get a shitty one.

They've most Justice Leaguers, so it's only more obscure ones are left -- Hawkgirl, other GLs, other Flashes (although Jay Garrick will appear in TV show next season so we may get one soon), Red Hood, etc. There's not much you build around these guys.

DC is getting better, but they have to stop using only Batman as an anchor minifig. They have Superman and Wonder Woman. I wish they'd do Captain Marvel already...or as they now call him, Shazam.

They finally got around to Teen Titan minifigs years after the successful cartoon.

The biggest shock to me was them doing Lightning Lad. I was so happy to see that. I would love for them to introduce more of the Legion of Super Hero characters.

LEGO also has the Batman games that give exposure to lots of the lesser known heroes. I understand they need anchor minifigs. They just need to use anchors that aren't all Batman.

These are a few that could easily be secondary minifigs to the anchor ones.

Power Girl
Static
Steel
Zatanna
Dr. Light (super hero version)
Vixen
Fire
Ice

LEGO has been pretty good about delivering on lesser known Marvel characters.

7783, 8156, and 8075 are still sealed!

Awesome!!!

DC is getting better, but they have to stop using only Batman as an anchor minifig. They have Superman and Wonder Woman. I wish they'd do Captain Marvel already...or as they now call him, Shazam.

They finally got around to Teen Titan minifigs years after the successful cartoon.

The biggest shock to me was them doing Lightning Lad. I was so happy to see that. I would love for them to introduce more of the Legion of Super Hero characters.

LEGO also has the Batman games that give exposure to lots of the lesser known heroes. I understand they need anchor minifigs. They just need to use anchors that aren't all Batman.

These are a few that could easily be secondary minifigs to the anchor ones.

Power Girl
Static
Steel
Zatanna
Dr. Light (super hero version)
Vixen
Fire
Ice

LEGO has been pretty good about delivering on lesser known Marvel characters.

Awesome!!!

Shazam and Black Adam are certainties. My wishlist includes
Blue Beetle (looked awesome in Lego Batman 3)
Booster Gold & Skeets;
Bizarro (4 years of Comic-Con exclusivity is enough);
Solomon Grundy;
John Stewart (GL);
Jay Garrick Flash;
Kilowog;
Cheetah (only to have a complete Legion of Doom)

I wonder if Suicide Squad is off limits for Lego? Watchmen probably are.

Markus

I was going to wait till I had a chance to go through it and take some better pics, but since we're on the topic this afternoon, here's what I bought from an ad on Kijiji (free ad site like Craigs list) over the weekend here in Halifax, NS. Had been asking C$3500 when it was posted 6 weeks ago and I went to take a look but passed. He became very motivated to get rid of it before this past Sunday since he was moving 500Km and into a smaller house. Got it for C$2300 (but without his Ecto-1 or Simpsons series 1 & 2 minifigs, which I already had, which saved me an extra 300). It's sorted pretty good, lots of manuals plus some boxes. Guess I'll be starting a Bricklink/Ebay store sometime soon so I can make some $$ for the new sets coming out ;) If anyone sees something they might be interested in, PM me.

11143466_10206492010912224_2836677377428874348_o.jpg

11893823_10206492011072228_6075451823440652800_o.jpg

11922896_10206492011272233_7583083788843437705_o.jpg

11894537_10206492011472238_8732717984625645009_o.jpg

11896329_10206492011512239_2065380599099020917_o.jpg

11878868_10206492011552240_6798925276090217971_o.jpg

11017482_10206492011952250_1800132719049108961_o.jpg

11872125_10206492011992251_3582076939563636314_o.jpg

10271262_10206492012552265_2646820279359719963_o.jpg

11952866_10206492012672268_1824259377199598561_o.jpg

11864990_10206492012792271_4456112590694169269_o.jpg

11058732_10206492013072278_1789947600426322992_o.jpg

11951520_10206492013232282_7990896697048556440_o.jpg

11953384_10206492013792296_7649940129297296440_o.jpg

11896401_10206492013872298_6032940431591553237_o.jpg

11058732_10206492014032302_4363693754535142014_o.jpg

11062259_10206492014472313_7603596388278704553_o.jpg

11952886_10206492014632317_6326231560578180391_o.jpg

11261107_10206492014552315_4578001704221068055_o.jpg

11856388_10206492015392336_3711055914952594154_o.jpg

11934553_10206492015312334_3096923676061859962_o.jpg

11874964_10206492016112354_3359546140667046941_o.jpg

TheFuzz

Not a fan personally, needs more SNOT. But I am happy to hear your thoughts on it .

I'm going off impressions. Myself, I've got a custom Burton batmobile that (I think) does a much better job than anything Lego will do.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should post a pic later to gather thoughts.

Toxi

Banned

Assuming you're talking about the CGI Clone Wars, he was even more dangerous in the Genndy Tartakovsky series, an unstoppable and agile predator against whom the Jedis' only option was to run away. I was incredibly disappointed with the movie version after seeing that.

CGI Clone Wars Grievous is cool, but still a far cry from how he originally debuted.

Assuming you're talking about the CGI Clone Wars, he was even more dangerous in the Genndy Tartakovsky series, an unstoppable and agile predator against whom the Jedis' only option was to run away. I was incredibly disappointed with the movie version after seeing that.

CGI Clone Wars Grievous is cool, but still a far cry from how he originally debuted.

Only after they nerfed the Jedi. Was it ever explained why the Jedi couldn't just toss Grevious around, you know, like how Yoda threw Palpy across the room, or force grab his lightsabers, or crush his skull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom