• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

Yeah... Honestly I was okay until I caught the modular bug. Luckily a couple months ago I found the GE and FB on eBay for great prices. The FB ended up $140 but didn't have instructions and was missing two firemen and the tree pieces. GE was $200 but 100% complete.

My next "big" purchase will likely be the Ferris Wheel or the next modular. I still want to catch up on Scooby and a few superhero sets.

If you plan on getting Scooby, jump on it quick. I barely see any of the sets around here anymore, and there is the unconfirmed rumor that it is a one and done release. I don't think I have seen a store around here actually have the entire line in stock at the same time.

The only ones I can still find are the plane and mummy sets.

And Jurassic World sets have completely disappeared in this town.

TheFuzz

I know I'm gonna cave and get the overpriced plane, though. I just know it. The monster CMFs will hurt me too.

Before my dark ages I did Star Wars... Luckily now I have been pretty good at staying away from it.

Fishlake

I want to pick up the Haunted Mansion and Morro Dragon, both those sets look so good. The problem is they are so expensive. You guys say that the Scooby Doo sets will be gone soon, so do you any idea how long the dragon will stay around?

I want to pick up the Haunted Mansion and Morro Dragon, both those sets look so good. The problem is they are so expensive. You guys say that the Scooby Doo sets will be gone soon, so do you any idea how long the dragon will stay around?

It's a new Ninjago dragon. You have like a year at minimum to still find it very easily. Probably closer to two years.

Death Star (once again) available for order

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188

Also, I don't know where people are seeing the pics of this but supposedly Phasma's minifigure head has no printing underneath the helmet. Super disappointing.

this guy has a few pics and videos of the new sets on his instagram (Mexico)
https://instagram.com/pacoamaya/

Kylo Ren minifig has a printed head so you can put the hood on him. Has a mask/helmet for when hood is off. I like that! I think the compromise they made on his lightsaber could have been better. I like this one even though it looks too bulky:

Uop2ZKq.jpg

I thought the same too thinking this would have made a good template. I think the main reason is they would have to make tiny bars which probably would be very hard to use and easy for people to lose. LEGO is usually good about go over many possibilities. If you ever see the video for the LEGO game dice they made, there were dozens of different designs they toyed with.

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=92690#T=C
92690.jpg

Hello all.

After browsing for months and waiting for approval, my account was activated here at Gaf! LegoGaf was one of the main reasons I wanted to join.

I look forward to wallowing in this wallet-emptying hobby with all of you moving forward!

Just a little about me, I'm a 30yr old AFOL from Atlanta. Was in my dark ages for 15 years... Then my wife bought me the DeLorean for Christmas two years ago. I was fine with only that, then I received the Ecto-1. It was over. Six modulars later, I'm knee deep into the hobby again. Thanks a lot WetWired! ;)

LOVING those seasonal sets, btw. Ghostmind, you're a treasure.

Welcome! Good to have new money.
I also joined purely for LEGOGAF. I rarely post anywhere else on NeoGAF, but do lurk on other threads from time to time.

Amiibro

If you plan on getting Scooby, jump on it quick. I barely see any of the sets around here anymore, and there is the unconfirmed rumor that it is a one and done release. I don't think I have seen a store around here actually have the entire line in stock at the same time.

I saw some T. rex tracker sets yesterday that have not been around months looks like it's getting restocked now. I am just waiting for S@H to send indominus rex to me. Says in warehouse. Also SD you are lucky to see 2 small sets in stock anywhere for this. I only need the lighthouse and I'm done with SD. My daughter is in love with SD lately I'm trying to hold off showing her the big sets till closer to Halloween for fun. She only knows we have the MM van.

TheFuzz

Id wager if it's like the last two, they'll be available the month before the holiday. Halloween being Sept 1st, Thanksgiving Oct 1st, Christmas Nov 1st.

Of course if it's like Easter, they'll be gone within days from S@H.

Just went to TRU and was shocked by a few things;

JbRdZlv.jpg

Raptor Rampage!! 2 of them too.

Luhfa6V.jpg

So many Mystery Machines!!!

Sq8cbbZ.jpg

Advent Calendar, only had the City one, Star Wars was sold out.

QFbvOGX.jpg

The Louvre!

I picked up the Louvre, took it to the register, up popped DO NOT SELL UNTIL 9/1/15. Cashier got a manager, manager was like well, it must be on the shelf for a reason. He was shocked because he's like I know movies, books, and videogames have street dates, I don't get why Lego would too.

Ponn

Banned
Id wager if it's like the last two, they'll be available the month before the holiday. Halloween being Sept 1st, Thanksgiving Oct 1st, Christmas Nov 1st.

Of course if it's like Easter, they'll be gone within days from S@H.

I'm hoping the first christmas promo set will be oct 1st so I can just make a toy shop and thanksgiving set order right on the 1st.

Also damn I didn't read the Wall-E official release statement. Lego says MSRP is $49.99 and I totally glossed over that when I rushed to get that Amazon preorder in. Amazon has it jacked up to 59.99. Forget that, will just be up and get my order in early at S@H on the 1st.

Rootbeer

Banned
Advent calendars! Feels weird getting them so early in the year but you don't have a lot of choice, they are such big sellers that if you tried to get one in November you might be out of luck. Buy em when you see em!

From late Aug to late Sept is absolutely massive for me... DI 3.0... LEGO Sept 1st and Sept 4th releases... Force Friday (Hasbro 6" figures and more)... then late Sept for LEGO Dimensions... wheeewwwwwwwww.

Fishlake

I've been cleaning out the house since my last class has yet to really give me work. While going through my room today I found a Halloween card that had $50 in it. It must have been from my grandfather in 2012 because it is making an election joke. Anyways, I now have enough spare cash to get the Scooby Mansion in the next week.

Mystery Machine continues to elude me

Just went to Target to feel out the last five series 14 figures I needed. 100% accurate. Yay!
Then, felt out a few more Zombie Cheerleaders of Doom just to get more zombies.

Holy shit, the LOUVRE? How come this is the first time i see this thing? Has LegoGAF been sleeping on this news or did i miss it and it has indeed been posted here by someone a while back?

ANyway, it looks gorgeous in that little pic, can't wait to check it out now hmmm, especially digging the glas pyramid (from afar at least)

Just finished the Louvre. Would've went by a lot faster if I didn't confuse the clear translucent pieces with the smoky translucent pieces.

G6ZgUZi.jpg

69im1Sw.jpg

lrC68cf.jpg

Amiibro

Just went to Target to feel out the last five series 14 figures I needed. 100% accurate. Yay!
Then, felt out a few more Zombie Cheerleaders of Doom just to get more zombies.

This should be fun for me I'm not too great at feeling them out and I don't really have money to waste getting dupes. eBay listings for full sets are outrageous too.

I was wrong on a few of the extra figures I felt out though. I knew I grabbed a few more cheerleaders and an extra werewolf. The fifth extra one I thought was going to be one of the new ghosts, but it was yet another plant monster.

And I was really down on the mad scientist figure, but now that I have one it is really awesome. The head is two parts, not one. The main head underneath is actually really nice and could be easily used on other figures. And I love the lab coat and long black gloves.

Ryuuroden

Holy shit, the LOUVRE? How come this is the first time i see this thing? Has LegoGAF been sleeping on this news or did i miss it and it has indeed been posted here by someone a while back?

ANyway, it looks gorgeous in that little pic, can't wait to check it out now hmmm, especially digging the glas pyramid (from afar at least)

I've known about it for a while. Don't remember if anyone posted it or not but I am sure they did. Feels like it's been like more than 6 months since I've seen images of it. Didn't even know it wasn't out yet till yesterday when checking my brickset on my wants list.

shield

Hello LegoGAF!

Haven't posted in here before, but I figured I'd share my humble Lego displays (excuse the low quality pictures)

fGp6yTv.jpg

This is less a display of the two minifigure series, and more a collection of all the different Simpsons characters that have been released so far. Hopefully more Simpsons minifig series and sets will be released, so I can build up to the Lego equivalent of this poster -

big.jpg

Last summer I bought my first set in over 10 years, the Quinjet aerial battle, which I displayed with the minifigs for The Avengers
RoFygKZ.jpg

aaand then I did the same when Age of Ultron came out this year
eG0R8Jh.jpg

Still missing Quicksilver though...

I find your lack of faith in LEGOGAF distrubing.
Architecture does tend to have low coverage here, so we'll let it slide this time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149374685&postcount=5991

Hello LegoGAF!

Haven't posted in here before, but I figured I'd share my humble Lego displays (excuse the low quality pictures)

fGp6yTv.jpg

This is less a display of the two minifigure series, and more a collection of all the different Simpsons characters that have been released so far. Hopefully more Simpsons minifig series and sets will be released, so I can build up to the Lego equivalent of this poster -

big.jpg

Last summer I bought my first set in over 10 years, the Quinjet aerial battle, which I displayed with the minifigs for The Avengers
RoFygKZ.jpg

aaand then I did the same when Age of Ultron came out this year
eG0R8Jh.jpg

Still missing Quicksilver though...
Welcome! And great looking stands for the Quinjets. I think you need a Milano and Blue Power Jet so they don't get lonely.

Amiibro

Will I be able to purchase Temple of Airjitzu on Amazon or Walmart start of the next month? Im not sure how shop @ home exclusives work.

If I wait for Amazon then I can at least get 5% back on my account, or if Walmart gets it I can get 10% off.

wetwired

Hello all.

After browsing for months and waiting for approval, my account was activated here at Gaf! LegoGaf was one of the main reasons I wanted to join.

I look forward to wallowing in this wallet-emptying hobby with all of you moving forward!

Just a little about me, I'm a 30yr old AFOL from Atlanta. Was in my dark ages for 15 years... Then my wife bought me the DeLorean for Christmas two years ago. I was fine with only that, then I received the Ecto-1. It was over. Six modulars later, I'm knee deep into the hobby again. Thanks a lot WetWired! ;)

LOVING those seasonal sets, btw. Ghostmind, you're a treasure.

Sorry about your wallet :(

neonglow

Will I be able to purchase Temple of Airjitzu on Amazon or Walmart start of the next month? Im not sure how shop @ home exclusives work.

If I wait for Amazon then I can at least get 5% back on my account, or if Walmart gets it I can get 10% off.

Most D2C sets like the Temple have a 6 month exclusive window at S@H. The Ferris Wheel that was released earlier this year is only now being listed on Amazon for sale in September.

TheFuzz

It's really, and truly, your fault ;) The Ecto-1 hooked me. Bad. It was a childhood dream to have that and then it snowballed from there. So personally, Thank You.

You should also know I built your tumbler shortly thereafter using the LDD file. So thanks for that... If you ever get bored, I'd love a similar instruction file for The Bat. Only if you're bored, though.

Jimbro72

If you have a Discover IT card, you can earn 5% cash back in addition to the 5% in VIP pts earned at S@H through Discover Deals. Throw in whatever freebie LEGO is offering that month when you buy and that really helps ease the sting of paying full retail for a set.

Amiibro

If you have a Discover IT card, you can earn 5% cash back in addition to the 5% in VIP pts earned at S@H through Discover Deals. Throw in whatever freebie LEGO is offering that month when you buy and that really helps ease the sting of paying full retail for a set.

Yeah sadly I only have a Citi with 2% base on everything, Amazon with 5% on everything and my wives discount card from working at Walmart. Still much better then nothing

BigHow

Neo Member
Yeah sadly I only have a Citi with 2% base on everything, Amazon with 5% on everything and my wives discount card from working at Walmart. Still much better then nothing

I also go through eBates whenever shopping at S@H. It's only an additional 2%, but every dollar helps when you're dealing with a Lego addiction.

"Hmmm, that's enough to toss another CMF in the cart! Let's goooooooo!"

Amiibro

I also go through eBates whenever shopping at S@H. It's only an additional 2%, but every dollar helps when you're dealing with a Lego addiction.

"Hmmm, that's enough to toss another CMF in the cart! Let's goooooooo!"

I signed up for the site but its a bit confusing on what I need to do to get the cash back. Like I click on amazon and it says only these departments and then it disappears before I can even read it lol.

is this site legit?

BigHow

Neo Member
I signed up for the site but its a bit confusing on what I need to do to get the cash back. Like I click on amazon and it says only these departments and then it disappears before I can even read it lol.

is this site legit?

Yeah, it's definitely legit. I've gotten about $50 in rebates over the year and it's all been delivered into my Paypal account.

Basically, you have to use their portals to earn the cash back. So when shopping at S@H, you have to click on their Lego link and you need to complete your transaction in the window that pops up.

Amazon is a little weird because they only offer rebates in certain departments. But a lot of stores (like Lego or Best Buy) offer a rebate on everything on their site.

Again, it's basically a dollar here and there, but it adds up over time.

taoofjord

Buy 2 of them.

I'm actually just playing around in Lego Digital Designer to find out what parts I need, then it's off to Brick Link.

I dropped by the Lego store after work today to pick up the X-Men Blackbird set that's on clearance ($10 off) and I just realized how fun the Mixels are. I picked up all three Lixers. I'll just build different mixels to get my feet wet. Good thing, too, as The Blackbird looks great and will likely have a permanent spot in my office.

Amiibro

I'm actually just playing around in Lego Digital Designer to find out what parts I need, then it's off to Brick Link.

I dropped by the Lego store after work today to pick up the X-Men Blackbird set that's on clearance ($10 off) and I just realized how fun the Mixels are. I picked up all three Lixers. I'll just build different mixels to get my feet wet. Good thing, too, as The Blackbird looks great and will likely have a permanent spot in my office.

Check Walmart clearance isle. I got every one from the series 4 at $3 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom