• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
China has Monster High minidolls

Also, I'm seeing a HUGE increase in the number of Rocket polybags on ebay. Clearly lots of stores got them this weekend. I'm heading in tomorrow and trying to secure one. >.<

I went to the TRU by my work and was offer Friends, Batwing or Ninja Turtle as the promo freebie. This store is pretty strict it seems on what get put out. I might give another TRU a run tomorrow.

Thy did have 15% off coupon so I used it on Star Destroyer along with $10 reward, brought it down to more palettable price of $100.

AlexMogil

I'm thinking of picking up a Lego X-Wing 10240 as my Christmas gift to me. I have a standard version already and just like the idea that it is 20" long.

The reviews I've seen complain about the stickers.... Is that the only problem with it? Is 199 the best I'm going to find it?

I'm thinking of picking up a Lego X-Wing 10240 as my Christmas gift to me. I have a standard version already and just like the idea that it is 20" long.

The reviews I've seen complain about the stickers.... Is that the only problem with it? Is 199 the best I'm going to find it?

I skipped the stickers on mine and it still looks great. There's also the windex application method-spray a bit on the decal before applying and you can slide it around to center and remove air bubbles.

Ryuuroden

Man, apparently the ucs sandcrawler was/is 50 dollars off on the TRU website. Wish I had seen it earlier when it was in stock. It was a straight discount too which makes me wonder if Lego is loosening it's restrictions.

Which leads me to, if it's 250 dollars on the tru website, can I get the Wal-Mart website to match? Neither stores in my area carry the exclusives as far as I've seen. Only online.

AlexMogil

I skipped the stickers on mine and it still looks great. There's also the windex application method-spray a bit on the decal before applying and you can slide it around to center and remove air bubbles.

Thanks for the information. I feel better about it now - still hesitant on pulling the trigger... I'd hate to start up the addiction all over.

Thanks again.

Man, apparently the ucs sandcrawler was/is 50 dollars off on the TRU website. Wish I had seen it earlier when it was in stock. It was a straight discount too which makes me wonder if Lego is loosening it's restrictions.

I feel like sand crawler and ewok village will see UCS B-wing like discounts.

No evidence, just a hunch.

Rootbeer

Banned

Hopefully a new trend... also, drat, how did I manage to miss this... it was first spotted around 5pm yesterday and yet none of the news sources i follow mentioned it until it was too late. :(

ghostmind

I'll give you the Emporium but the PetShop also looked pretty american to me... I mean that left brown house looks like something straight out of San Francisco to me.

Jamie Berard has previously stated that the influence for the Pet Shop primarily came from Amsterdam, but also from the west coast of the United States.

I feel like sand crawler and ewok village will see UCS B-wing like discounts.

No evidence, just a hunch.

I'd be really surprised if any Exclusive sets get cut that deeply unless they are a total bomb. They changed the way they do discounting on exclusives last year and I expect that discounts will be very rare.

Anecdotal evidence on the B-Wing was that it just wasn't moving at all. It's a funny looking ship that most people don't have any recollection of.

I mean, seriously: I had a bootleg betamax tape of ROTJ that I watched a million times and I didn't even know what it was. No minifigs, $200 and an unrecognizable ship isn't a recipe for success.

That having been said, I bought it at 50% off and it's the best SW ship I own. Hands down.

Ryuuroden

I'd be really surprised if any Exclusive sets get cut that deeply unless they are a total bomb. They changed the way they do discounting on exclusives last year and I expect that discounts will be very rare.

Anecdotal evidence on the B-Wing was that it just wasn't moving at all. It's a funny looking ship that most people don't have any recollection of.

I mean, seriously: I had a bootleg betamax tape of ROTJ that I watched a million times and I didn't even know what it was. No minifigs, $200 and an unrecognizable ship isn't a recipe for success.

That having been said, I bought it at 50% off and it's the best SW ship I own. Hands down.

It's kind of hillarious in a way. The B-wing has always been my favorite OT ship, more so then even the Falcon, because of its crazy unique design. I was super happy when they made a ucs version.

China has Monster High minidolls

Also, I'm seeing a HUGE increase in the number of Rocket polybags on ebay. Clearly lots of stores got them this weekend. I'm heading in tomorrow and trying to secure one. >.<

The quality on those is awful. You can tell just by looking at them. If one of the better knockoffs made those, I'd think about it. I pretty much stick with Decool and some Sheng Yuan.

I'm surprised LEGO isn't doing a Monster Fighters type theme with Friends. At least do a Halloween Friends themes of them dressed up in costumed.

Ryuuroden

The quality on those is awful. You can tell just by looking at them. If one of the better knockoffs made those, I'd think about it. I pretty much stick with Decool and some Sheng Yuan.

I'm surprised LEGO isn't doing a Monster Fighters type theme with Friends. At least do a Halloween Friends themes of them dressed up in costumed.

Maybe that's the licenced monster theme ghostmind mentioned.

neonglow

So what's the deal with this TRU Rocker Racoon set? Can I just buy it? Or do I need to make a qualifying minimum purchase of LEGO?

If it's on the sales floor, you can buy it. If you have to ask an employee to look it up, they may tell you that it's being held back for a promotion on the 21st/22nd.

ghostmind

Interior details (potato-cam):

sp9TzmW.jpg

Maybe that's the licenced monster theme ghostmind mentioned.

Oooh, that would be cool. For some reason, I was thinking it was for LEGO system sets not "Friends" type set with minidolls. It would be HUGE for LEGO to license those types of IP in terms of getting more of the girl demographic.

huge pic (still potato):

I am loving the details. I'm very surprised there is a hint of gambling in the pool hall. $100 bet going on.

Ah, you found them.

I'm not sure what the arrows in the pic with Al and the policewoman are supposed to mean? Is there a hatch entrance for the middle balcony?

They might be pulling down a ladder up to the next level. A fire escape if you will.

Love the detective's office. The hidden safe, the ceiling fan. Love it.

Loving the DA, still got to get PR but they are both on my list.

Talking of which, I had £155 worth of points which expire end of this year, I wanted to keep them for the UCS Slave 1 but decided to use them now just to be safe in case that does not turn up early.

Exosuit was on 2x VIP points so depiste having 2 already I thougth I would grab another.

Intresting things happened when I was at the wall (Westfield Stratford), some guy was on his 30th or so cup just filling with blue 2x2, 2x4 and 2x6 bricks. I asked why and he said it was for a photoshoot so keep your eyes open. No idea what it was for but he kept on going and had at a guess almost 40 cups when I last saw him.

Welp had to do a little more driving around but got a Rocket Raccoon polybag. Got 2 just in case someone had issues finding one and wanted it.

Ponn

Banned
Nothing like chilling in bed on a rainy day playing Lego Batman 3 on PS4 through remote play on my Vita...booyaah! I am so excited for the new sets because of this game, cannot wait for Brainiac and his ship. I was also thinking of that rumor of a Ferris Wheel and thinking how awesome a scene would be with the Mixer, Ferris Wheel and Jokers Funhouse with a bunch of Joker goons. I just love sometimes flying around with Superman and hearing his theme playing over and over.

Didn't call TRU, just going to roll the dice and go in tomorrow. From the sounds of it if they have the rocket polybag probably prudent to buy 2 just in case. Do they have any other polybags I should look out for on sale like that TMNT Turtle van or the Batwing? I never got the Batwing and kind of want it now that I keep seeing it in the intro on the game.

Rootbeer

Banned
Success. Down from 200 to only 34 rockets since last I did a stock check, so I knew something was down. I knew they had to have them around somewhere. And glad I came in and bought 2 before the rest faded away to hands unknown!

Almost left empty handed though. Never underestimate the power of: "sometimes you guys keep the small bagged Lego sets behind the counter, are you sure there aren't any hidden away back there?"

That finally procured them.

neonglow

Nothing like chilling in bed on a rainy day playing Lego Batman 3 on PS4 through remote play on my Vita...booyaah! I am so excited for the new sets because of this game, cannot wait for Brainiac and his ship. I was also thinking of that rumor of a Ferris Wheel and thinking how awesome a scene would be with the Mixer, Ferris Wheel and Jokers Funhouse with a bunch of Joker goons. I just love sometimes flying around with Superman and hearing his theme playing over and over.

Didn't call TRU, just going to roll the dice and go in tomorrow. From the sounds of it if they have the rocket polybag probably prudent to buy 2 just in case. Do they have any other polybags I should look out for on sale like that TMNT Turtle van or the Batwing? I never got the Batwing and kind of want it now that I keep seeing it in the intro on the game.

They have all 3 bags as well as a Friends boat set and Gorzan mini mech.

Ponn

Banned
Success. Down from 200 to only 34 rockets since last I did a stock check, so I knew something was down. I knew they had to have them around somewhere. And glad I came in and bought 2 before the rest faded away to hands unknown!

Almost left empty handed though. Never underestimate the power of: "sometimes you guys keep the small bagged Lego sets behind the counter, are you sure there aren't any hidden away back there?"

That finally procured them.

Are you F'ing kidding me??!! Now i'm going to worry all night and tomorrow morning they are going to be sold out before I even get there.

They have all 3 bags as well as a Friends boat set and Gorzan mini mech.

Nice, want the Batwing for sure. I've already got all the TMNT figures I want so not sure i need the mikey polybag. I need the Spikel mixels still so maybe by chance if they have them i can get the mikey polybag for free.

EDIT: HELLZ YEAA - called, gave him the item number, was on hold, hold, hold..."I found them, nobody put them out yet got lots of them come down and get some" he scanned it to make sure I could buy it, said yes. Tells me no one must have been inquiring for them too bad if they haven't even put them out yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I've been building some Lego with my 5-year-old son, who's just gotten into it recently, and it's given me the itch to get back into it myself.

I kept all my sets from my childhood to give to my kids (forward planning!), and while most of it is all mixed in together with heaps of pieces missing, I kept this set separate and I think it might be complete:

5590-1.jpg

I'm going to go get it from my parent's house and try to build it! Hopefully I don't have too many pieces missing. Is Bricklink the easiest place to grab the odd missing piece? I'm in Australia, BTW.

After that, I'm eyeing off some new sets. Benny's Spaceship is mighty tempting, as is the Ultra Agents HQ, or the Star Wars AT-AT, or this crazy Technic 2-in-1 Plane and Hovercraft. I'll have lots of questions and need some recommendations, so I'm glad this thread exists!

This thread is fully getting me excited about Lego again BTW lol.

I have that set, and it is mixed with everything else. I absolutely loved the bottom, alternate build.

R-User!

Wall safe hidden behind picture and the fire escape look ace.

It looks like there might be a racketeering ring going on: dude upstairs is baking something, dumping it down the roof "trash", and it is ending up in the pool hall..... ..... What are they putting in their cookies?...

...Looks like cash to my eyes. What a perfect plan no detective would suspect the barbershop RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO HIS OFFICE to be laundering money!

No detective.........except.....

ACE BRICKHAM MASTER DETECTIVE!

What were those crooks THINKING!?! o_O

It looks like there might be a racketeering ring going on: dude upstairs is baking something, dumping it down the roof "trash", and it is ending up in the pool hall..... ..... What are they putting in their cookies?...

...Looks like cash to my eyes. What a perfect plan no detective would suspect the barbershop RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO HIS OFFICE to be laundering money!

No detective.........except.....

ACE BRICKHAM MASTER DETECTIVE!

What were those crooks THINKING!?! o_O
Nah. It is where Paul Newman and Robert Redford are setting up their Sting.

Ravek

Banned
I've been building some Lego with my 5-year-old son, who's just gotten into it recently, and it's given me the itch to get back into it myself.

I kept all my sets from my childhood to give to my kids (forward planning!), and while most of it is all mixed in together with heaps of pieces missing, I kept this set separate and I think it might be complete:

5590-1.jpg

I'm going to go get it from my parent's house and try to build it! Hopefully I don't have too many pieces missing. Is Bricklink the easiest place to grab the odd missing piece? I'm in Australia, BTW.

After that, I'm eyeing off some new sets. Benny's Spaceship is mighty tempting, as is the Ultra Agents HQ, or the Star Wars AT-AT, or this crazy Technic 2-in-1 Plane and Hovercraft. I'll have lots of questions and need some recommendations, so I'm glad this thread exists!

This thread is fully getting me excited about Lego again BTW lol.

That bottom build looks fan-effing-tastic. Suprised I've never seen or heard of this set nor line before.

So here is the new CMF 13 list... rumors until we get more confirmation. These names have also been translated from German.

Galaxy Trooper
Alien Trooper
Evil Wizard
King
Goblin
Lady Cyclops
Snake Charmer
Paleontologyst
Carpenter
Hot dog guy
Sheriff
Samurai
Disco Diva
Unicorn girl
Fencer
Egyptian Warrior

Only a few left to confirm. I was thinking if there is another samurai, they would have he or she in a kimono like Samurai Jack. I wouldn't mind a two tone outfit with different color top and bottom either. They would use the slope brick used for skirts or make it out of cloth like the graduate or judge minifig.

Or a kimono with the shoulder pad thingies like this one:

I like this idea for a basketball player.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72066&st=25#entry1356376

Nudull

Banned
Hey, LegoGAF! It's been a while. Money's been a little tight lately, so I haven't been able to get any of the new sets I've wanted (especially from the LEGO Movie and Super Heroes). Hopefully, things will change on my end soon. Also, Bionicle! :D

I have that set, and it is mixed with everything else. I absolutely loved the bottom, alternate build.
That bottom build looks fan-effing-tastic. Suprised I've never seen or heard of this set nor line before.
I picked up this set from my parent's place last night, but I still need to check the inventory on Bricklink (that site is amazing) to make sure I didn't lose anything significant over the years. Once that's done, I'll build both versions and post some pics here! :)

So along with that Model Team set, my folks found another box full of classic Space Lego. I had no idea I had so much of it growing up! There's probably about 6 or so sets in there, including this beauty:

6783-1.gif

I checked it out last night, and I've got everything except one single piece! There's still more boxes to go through though, so I still might find it, otherwise it's off to Bricklink to grab a replacement. Everything is in pretty good condition, and all the electric parts look good too although I haven't tested them yet. I hope I can put together the rest of the sets in there without needing too many replacements.

I seriously had waaaaay too much fun last night, looking through my old boxes of 25-year-old Lego, sorting them, and checking against inventory checklists. I didn't even build anything, and I had a great time lol!

I'll post photos of the builds once they're done, although that may be a while, as I want to sort it all first. I'm not sure how interesting this is to everyone else, but I'm super excited about it :p

R-User!

Hurray for Toys R Us poly bags! My local TRU also had the Brown Ninja!!

mOhwlH1.jpg

Can you post either a pic of the barcode of the Dareth bag, or the twelve digit UPC code?

I wanna call my local stores tommorrow am to check availability!

Can not miss that poly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom