• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojiimbo

So is there any more word about this weekend for potential triple VIP like last year? It seems there has been nary a peep about it or the VIP shopping event on LEGO.com.
Double VIP all day Saturday for everyone, online and in store. You can get the Black Friday holiday set early too if you spend over $99.

Double VIP all day Saturday for everyone, online and in store. You can get the Black Friday holiday set early too if you spend over $99.

SCORE! I wont be getting anything for myself, but my wife will be ordering the VW Camper for her mom. Now to convince my wife to get it delivered here so I can take the free set.

Just found this on the Ideas site, and I thought it might interest a few people here:

1672866-o_196q0emo51qtt1gai1s8cvmq1lqt7-full.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85922

I think it looks fantastic. I love the fact that it would come with the Roadster too.

HAIL HYDRA

Galaxy Bizarrorer

Upside-Down Classic Space Cruiser 826 77 by daveexmachina, on Flickr

I may have to try this someday with the parts I have.

EPIC Cafe Corner by daveexmachina, on Flickr

EPIC Green Grocer by daveexmachina, on Flickr
I did that a while back with all the modulars I don't have. Gives you the build experience without having to spend horrendous amounts of money. ;)
Just built the modular bakery with pieces I have. :D

But one does notice that the newer modulars have more to offer.

Zerojul

Just found this on the Ideas site, and I thought it might interest a few people here:

1672866-o_196q0emo51qtt1gai1s8cvmq1lqt7-full.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85922

I think it looks fantastic. I love the fact that it would come with the Roadster too.

HAIL HYDRA
Looks nice, backed. Maybe a slight bit too big a set for Ideas, but you never know.
HAIL HYDRA

I have no interest in the Scooby-Doo license per se (never had for some reason, even as a kid) but if it opens the door for new retro-horror sets ala Monster Fighters with fun minifigs why not. And I would most definitely get the Mystery Machine.

THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF LEGO
Wow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Scooby Doo coming out makes me more optimistic for Doctor Who. Both are/were Character-online licenses with Lego-like building sets.

Ponn

Banned
Wow what kind of BS is this? I can tell you i scored a free mikey polybag yesterday by purchasing a $20 chima set and some rocket polybags to top the $30 mark. i had no such issues.

It's weird where they decide to draw their lines sometimes. And of course, there seems to be no true consistent policy on these sorts of things. That's why it's always worth asking cause I doubt the employees themselves even know for certain more oft than not. But i still know where you are coming from on the "not pushing your luck" thing -- it's best not to rock the boat too much, especially if you think you'll be seeing these employees again in the future. it's a good idea to try to build up a relationship with some of them so they recognize you and are more willing to help you.

Yea after going through that hassle just to get the rocket polybags I just didn't want to push my luck and draw anymore attention arguing over the TMNT poly especially since I didn't really need it.

Whoa whoa whoa hold up a minute. So that's THIS saturday? So if i've been holding off on getting the Sea Cow i can get double VIP points if I order it this saturday and get the holiday promo set? Would it still be better to hold off and wait till Brick Friday in case they do a 10 percent off your order thing? I wish they would stop being coy with their BF deals and waiting till the last minute.

Went to my local TRU yesterday and the girl at the CS desk said she just sold the last one not too long ago. Cue Hayden Christensen clip: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm hoping they get more in. I would love to get two, one for me and one for the wifey.

mojiimbo

Anyone in the U.S. have an extra Rocket that they would trade for cost? Struck out at the TRU here. I could also trade for any two specific series 12 mini figures too.
Whoa whoa whoa hold up a minute. So that's THIS saturday? So if i've been holding off on getting the Sea Cow i can get double VIP points if I order it this saturday and get the holiday promo set? Would it still be better to hold off and wait till Brick Friday in case they do a 10 percent off your order thing? I wish they would stop being coy with their BF deals and waiting till the last minute.
Yeah, it's like a VIP appreciation day.

No idea what they're doing for Black Friday but it's hard to see them doing a discount on exclusives considering how stubborn they've been about it for the last year. I'm guessing they might be holding the start of their clearances for that weekend, just because I think they held the start of the Lone Ranger clearance to late November last year. Only thing I've heard is that they'll have a custom brick-built Santa as a doorbuster in stores.

ruxtpin

Banned
Whats the point of going to my local store early if everyone get double VIP this weekend? I got one of those invitations to my local store.

Ponn

Banned
.Yeah, it's like a VIP appreciation day

No idea what they're doing for Black Friday but it's hard to see them doing a discount on exclusives considering how stubborn they've been about it for the last year. I'm guessing they might be holding the start of their clearances for that weekend, just because I think they held the start of the Lone Ranger clearance to late November last year. Only thing I've heard is that they'll have a custom brick-built Santa as a doorbuster in stores.

Huh, so if they do a 10 percent off your order again that may not apply to something like the Sea Cow? Well that may change my change game plan. If I can get an order in for the Sea Cow and it ships before Brickfriday that will give me 500 vip points to use on an order for brickfriday. Decisions, decisions.

mojiimbo

Whats the point of going to my local store early if everyone get double VIP this weekend? I got one of those invitations to my local store.
They usually do free gifts. Last year it was a red VIP bracelet. Year before that it was a VIP keychain. This year I think they're giving out the same set that's going to be the employee Christmas gift(a buildable Christmas tree ornament shaped like a train in a red satin bag), the $10 seasonal Thanksgiving turkey and a personalized lanyard with your name on it. Plus Saturdays are crazy now so you get to shop in peace for an hour before the store opens. I forget what the invitation says but I think it might help if you ring the store up to RSVP before Saturday.

mojiimbo

Huh, so if they do a 10 percent off your order again that may not apply to something like the Sea Cow? Well that may change my change game plan. If I can get an order in for the Sea Cow and it ships before Brickfriday that will give me 500 vip points to use on an order for brickfriday. Decisions, decisions.
It's hard to say, I hadn't even considered that they'd do a flat X% off promotion again but apparently the UK site and stores are doing 5% off if you spend 100GBP or more.

http://stores.lego.com/en-gb/worldwide-news/bfcm-eu?

It doesn't have the disclaimer that excludes Exclusives but the US and UK/Euro stores have separate promos all the time so they might not necessarily do it in the U.S. either.

Ravek

Banned
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling that Double-Decker Couch set is going to sell out super hard. $15 for 5 minifigs, most of them rare, AND the Couch?
This is the craziest value since the $20 Stagecoach Escape set.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a feeling that Double-Decker Couch set is going to sell out super hard. $15 for 5 minifigs, most of them rare, AND the Couch?

Sorry, Stagecoach Escape was $30 not $20! But a few lucky people may have been able to find it discounted to $20 at some point... i suppose!

ghostmind

Even at $30 the Stagecoach Escape was a great deal, with 5 minifigs and 3 horses.

Lone Ranger theme (or movie) never got a fair shake.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah. I just remember getting mine for $20. <___<

Still an amazing value.

Even if the DDC was priced at $20, it'd be a steal. $15 is unreal pricing for that set! Someone in the pricing dept screwed up...good for us though!

Draxal

Even at $30 the Stagecoach Escape was a great deal, with 5 minifigs and 3 horses.

I still have that boxed, think i got it for 20 at a closing KMart. Great figures but clearly a theme that shouldn't have been supported.

If the minifigs represent the new show I will be so fucking angry, I absolutely abhor the new style. Huge wave of happiness over Scooby-Doo Lego immediately crashed. Please for the love of God don't give them moulded heads so was can just swap out other faces.

I still don't understand how Cartoon Network and Lego haven't worked together on an Adventure Time theme yet. They do Ninjago, Chima, Mixels, and now Scooby-Doo together but I've talked to Pen about it a couple times and even he doesn't know why it hasn't happened. Is Adventure Time only popular in the US or something?

LEGO should do a generic cartoon theme. There's way too many cartoon IP for LEGO to capitalize on by creating entire themes. Also, some are only good for 1 or 2 sets.

y0xUEYY.jpg

I agree that Scooby Doo can be done without sculpted heads. A heck of a lot cheaper too. Here's the Character Building Scooby Doo figs.
250px-SDSeries1.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58552

Agreed. I thought the Lone Ranger sets looked great. They got better the bigger and pricier the set. I have all the higher priced ones in my backlog.

----

Nice LEGO film depicting Superman vs Batman (not Superman v Batman). I'm setting my expectations super low on the theatrical movie with hopes I'm pleasantly surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2QTXyy-D4

Ponn

Banned
It's hard to say, I hadn't even considered that they'd do a flat X% off promotion again but apparently the UK site and stores are doing 5% off if you spend 100GBP or more.

http://stores.lego.com/en-gb/worldwide-news/bfcm-eu?

It doesn't have the disclaimer that excludes Exclusives but the US and UK/Euro stores have separate promos all the time so they might not necessarily do it in the U.S. either.

Thanks for the info. Looking at last year they didn't do a straight discount just a $10 giftcard. I think i'm just going order the Sea Cow this weekend to get double VIP points and as long as it ships and I get the points before Brick Friday that will give me $50 in vip points to use so thats pretty darn good.

I put the Batwing poly together, sweet little set and fits with the mini batmobile. I'm also looking at the Rocket Raccoon poly and is there really no instructions for where the stickers go except the hints in the picture? Just put them where you want them basically?

Ryuuroden

I am planning on redeeming all my VIP points the second Detective Agency goes live. It will feel good to pay like $10 for it. :)

Yeah I have like 350 dollars of VIP to redeem woohooo, gonna splurge (and yet I still did not get invited to that special VIP event, there are some seriously crzy spenders at my lego store >.<)

Yeah I have like 350 dollars of VIP to redeem woohooo, gonna splurge (and yet I still did not get invited to that special VIP event, there are some seriously crzy spenders at my lego store >.<)

You know what to do. Hold it until Jan 1st. Slave 1 and Detective Agency in one day for free!

Zerojul

Is Slave 1 really not going to be available early for VIP members before Christmas?

I don't think so, there's no mention of any early access for VIPs in the December calendar, sadly. Slave I or Detective Office would have been perfect christmas presents ideas :)

Rootbeer

Banned
?

I had no idea he was doing packaging and everything for them...

no wonder he was charging so much.

It looks great, but personally would have preferred a lower price point and had him put it in a baggie :p

Ryuuroden

?

I had no idea he was doing packaging and everything for them...

no wonder he was charging so much.

It looks great, but personally would have preferred a lower price point and had him put it in a baggie :p

It does look great though. I didn't get it because of the price.

Monster Fighters is 40% off at Toys R Us locations tomorrow (except for the Haunted House).

If you're still on the fence about the Vampyre Castle, now's the time to get it.

I'm debating about Ghost Train.

Tumbler arrived today, 3 hours in and I've only done 4 bags of 11, this thing is gonna be massive.

Also my slimers turned up!

slimer.jpg

Oh, that Slimer looks awesome.

And what are your thoughts on the Tumbler so far? The early parts of the build were so cool to me because it feels like a tank going together.

kitzkozan

Monster Fighters is 40% off at Toys R Us locations tomorrow (except for the Haunted House).

If you're still on the fence about the Vampyre Castle, now's the time to get it.

I'm debating about Ghost Train.

I'm guessing this is for the canadian Toys'R'us? :] I was expecting a big discount next week for the black friday, but alas it probably won't be the case. XD Now I'm expecting a 60% or more discount on what's left of the Galaxy Squad line for black friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom