• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

TRU Canada Bricktober Week 1:

XSnB0Zu.jpg

No good sales this week...

teeny

Oh, didn't know that! Thanks guys! That coincedes nicely with my birthday the sixteenth.

Now to get that missus in favor of the Winter Toy Shop as christmas decoration (she's leaning towards yes), and we're set :p

No worries. I think some of that period coincides with the free holiday train as well. I was kind of hoping it would also coincide with the gingerbread house freebie as well, but I think that's November sometime.

I've convinced the SO to go for the Toy Shop and Santa's Workshop - I felt like I was pushing my luck so was surprised when she seemed keen! We haven't gotten the holiday stuff before, so it's gonna be fun to do as a decoration in December.

Whooo! First official Lego store is finally confirmed for Sweden! It's obviously in Stockholm but I have business there now and then. Maybe it's even good that I don't go there all the time. But having a PAB wall available as well as neat exclusives for browsing will be fantastic!

Osahi

Hmm. Toy shop in the neighbourhood has poes x-wing for 80 allready. Jump? Or wait for an extra possible drop when Sinterklaas period arrives (starts at the end of october)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think the ferrari edges it out in pure looks, but the camper is just such a cool set with so many odds and ends and so it's probably my favorite of my three automobiles.

In terms of accuracy to the original vehicle, the VW Camper is way ahead of the Ferrari and mini. All are lovely though.

Ryuuroden

Time to go out and buy:

Ferris Wheel
Ultra Agents Ocean HQ
Temple of Airjitzu
Kwik-E-Mart
SHIELD Helicarrier

Double points here I come

Hail Zeon LEGO

When exactly is the holiday train promo? Is it the same for both US and UK/EU?

So far i'm not even sure whether we are getting the holiday train promo at ALL, since my Lego store said they didn't know anything yet about that...

What if we get something uber lame like a Police Helicopter or even worse :(

Jimbro72

My Lego visual history book just shipped from Amazon with micro classic spaceship

Great LEGO® Sets A Visual History https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241011639
oZLiOWG.jpg

Mine is on preorder. I'm really looking forward to this book as well as the little micro set.

Time to go out and buy:

Ferris Wheel
Ultra Agents Ocean HQ
Temple of Airjitzu
Kwik-E-Mart
SHIELD Helicarrier

Hail Zeon LEGO

Now that's how you do it. Beats my measly order of Wall-E, Toy Shop, the new series of Mixels, Scooby Lighthouse and a couple of the Thanksgiving seasonal sets. I'll place another order to get the holiday train mid month and another at the end for the final SW poster.

I hate how clever LEGO has become with their promo timing.

I was going to wait for a local bookshop to get that book, but Amazon (damn them!) has a great deal as usual. And the new minifigure book is ridiculously cheap. Guess I'm making another order there...

neonglow

Time to go out and buy:

Ferris Wheel
Ultra Agents Ocean HQ
Temple of Airjitzu
Kwik-E-Mart
SHIELD Helicarrier

Hail Zeon LEGO

Ultra Agents is not long for this world. LEGO took the theme off their site. You have to search for them now to find them.

Ultra Agents is not long for this world. LEGO took the theme off their site. You have to search for them now to find them.

Man, that sucks. I wanted to get Ultra Agents Ocean HQ at a decent price. May have to get at TRU during a "sale".

Also still want Ultrasonic Showdown and possibly AntiMatter's Portal Hideout.

Dang, that wave went fast. Final wave didn't seem to be carried by some places like Target and Amazon (not counting 3rd party sellers with their jacked up pricing).

Bah why was this Ultra Agents wave so short? It had such a great line of sets, there were some really good vehicles in there...

All the themes I like live a short life...

Ryuuroden

Yeah. My store keeps them in the back so I got the ocean hq. I ended up picking up everything on my list with wall- e added and helicarrier removed. I'll get helicarrier on the 14th. I also got 4 cups off the wall. Some good stuff including several black piece types that will help rebuild the stock, orthanc used up. I have all the agents sets I wanted now.

I sorted out the parts of the flying phoenix temple. All kinds of Technic parts in there which will come in handy as support. Also some neat parts I hadn't seen before that I might try to include, and a TON of GBC balls that I'll never use.

I'll have to say that the Chima figures are fantastic. All those animal heads, armor, wings and over-sized weapons make them look like tiny, super detailed action figures much more than regular Lego figures. Maybe Nexo Knights will turn out the same and make me want a few. They don't integrate very well in any other theme but I have a bunch on magnets on the fridge. I'll probably rotate in a few of these too. For Fluminox and Flinx I kind of have an idea of using them like those aliens in Babylon 5 who made diplomacy with humans by way of indecent proposals. :D

This would have been a great toy but like all Chima it really doesn't display well, and it was rather expensive. For less than half the price, it was a great parts pack though.

I'll take "Alternative Names for Mega Bloks" for $500, Alex.

Mine is on preorder. I'm really looking forward to this book as well as the little micro set.

Now that's how you do it. Beats my measly order of Wall-E, Toy Shop, the new series of Mixels, Scooby Lighthouse and a couple of the Thanksgiving seasonal sets. I'll place another order to get the holiday train mid month and another at the end for the final SW poster.

I hate how clever LEGO has become with their promo timing.

21554706911_fc20d26a73_c.jpg

Speed Buggy and Friends by SPARKART!, on Flickr

Wish LEGO would do a classic cartoon collectible series.

That is hot!!!!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My Lego visual history book just shipped from Amazon with micro classic spaceship

Great LEGO® Sets A Visual History https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241011639
oZLiOWG.jpg

bloody hell - this thing is two inches thick! you get a sturdy cardboard sleeve, then the hardbound book, and a separate cardboard box the same size as the book for the microbuild.

edit:

(whats going on with imgur? Can't seem to upload more than one image at a time without it forcing me to make an album and I can't get direct links for sharing each pic)

TheFuzz

Apparently my wife was looking at the November calendar this morning that I got from the store. As I was leaving this morning, she said "You do what you have to do, but I want that gingerbread house."

As you wish.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Apparently my wife was looking at the November calendar this morning that I got from the store. As I was leaving this morning, she said "You do what you have to do, but I want that gingerbread house."

As you wish.

ReoDvps.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom