• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

So hey valuable lesson for anyone thinking of buying the Dimensions sets just for the figures/builds (even if they're expensive just for that)

They do not come with instructions.

Or rather they do, and step 3 of the instructions tells you to follow the ingame instructions to build the things.

Rootbeer

Banned
So hey valuable lesson for anyone thinking of buying the Dimensions sets just for the figures/builds (even if they're expensive just for that)

They do not come with instructions.

Or rather they do, and step 3 of the instructions tells you to follow the ingame instructions to build the things.

You are right and it is important people know this, however...

lego.com has a section for instructions and the Dimensions instructions are on there now so it is not difficult to acquire the instructions without owning the Game.

Kyari

You are right and it is important people know this, however...

lego.com has a section for instructions and the Dimensions instructions are on there now so it is not difficult to acquire the instructions without owning the Game.

good to know! I had to find a youtube video :(

CQeVaHRUYAACB8q.jpg
Are you kidding me on the "Police Box" stickers at the top? Like seriously? Make it a sticker if you must but to split it up over two pieces like that instead of one 1x6 long piece (which they're using for the bloody sides) is just... wow that pisses me off. Looks like shit. What a terrible call. Whoever decided that was a good idea is a friggin idiot.

http://brickset.com/parts/4226986

Seriously fuck you Lego. What a bad choice. God that looks ugly. *trundles back to my cave*

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are you kidding me on the "Police Box" stickers at the top? Like seriously? Make it a sticker if you must but to split it up over two pieces like that instead of one 1x6 long piece (which they're using for the bloody sides) is just... wow that pisses me off. Looks like shit. What a terrible call. Whoever decided that was a good idea is a friggin idiot.

Seriously fuck you Lego. What a bad choice. God that looks ugly. *trundles back to my cave*

POLICE PUC | BLICALL BOX

TheFuzz

Lol, you need to calm down.

I'm not a Dr Who fan but the original Ideas set calls for two 1x3's because of the opening mechanism. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/59181

Lol, you need to calm down.

I'm not a Dr Who fan but the original Ideas set calls for two 1x3's because of the opening mechanism. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/59181
Oh I know I'm totally over reacting over something very trivial and if that's the case (it opening like that) then obviously there's a reason they did it that way. It just looks so terrible IMO it caught me by surprise and I felt the need to rant.

Because seriously it looks so bad.

Depending on what the interior looks like I may just replace the pieces myself and set the stickers as close as possible to eliminate the gap. Plus if it's open on display you won't be seeing that part of the build anyway so I don't care about taking them off.

ghostmind

From Lyichir on EuroBricks:

Apparently Samuel Johnson (a designer who has previously worked on City, Ninjago and Chima) is the designer who was tasked with turning the concept into a finished set. Kind of an appropriate choice, considering Paul McGann (the eighth Doctor) is actually his uncle!

Wanderer5

2015, the year I checked out Lego again heh. First Bionicle, and now instead of checking out more of those, I decided to cave in for this today.

91S4Nqqdt3L._SY355_.jpg

Kind of bleh at the sticker overload, but it is nicely design overall, through while I can get why they did it, the roof feels a bit loose with it being connected to just two studs. Anyway love Scooby Doo, so Lego Mystery Machine at least was a must, thus a good thing to mess with during this month of spooks.

Would love to check more of Scooby Doo, but eeeh.:p Maybe the mummy one which is cheap anyway.

Edit: Oh also like that they added two buttons at the back of the zombie's head to show it a mask. Bit of a nice touch there heh.

From Lyichir on EuroBricks:

Cool.

It would be awesome to get an eighth Doctor figure too.

EDIT:

And opened my haul of 17 series 14 figures I bought from work earlier. I only mis-felt one of them, which gave me a cat woman, which I didn't want a duplicate of.

But I got: Cat Woman, 3x Zombie Businessman, 3x Zombie Cheerleader, 2x Frankenstein Monster Rocker, 2x Fly Guy, 2x Condemned Soul (guy with chains), 4x Skeleton Trick R. Treater.

Now I have a lot of zombies and ghost pieces, as well as enough of the trick r treaters to do a Cobra Kai scene at some point.

Maengun1

Kind of bleh at the sticker overload, but it is nicely design overall

I screw up sticker application allllll the time, but I somehow was possessed by a surgeon and got the 100 stickers on the Mystery Machine all lined up perfectly. I marvel at it all the time.

I have dogs and cats, and the worst thing in the world is when I carefully apply a mostly-clear sticker only to get it on and see a black cat hair had gotten stuck to the back right before I put it on :screams:

Wanderer5

I screw up sticker application allllll the time, but I somehow was possessed by a surgeon and got the 100 stickers on the Mystery Machine all lined up perfectly. I marvel at it all the time.

I have dogs and cats, and the worst thing in the world is when I carefully apply a mostly-clear sticker only to get it on and see a black cat hair had gotten stuck to the back right before I put it on :screams:

When I saw all the stickers I was like oh crap.XD Bleh screwed up mine a bit in a couple spots, but nothing major nor distracting.

Also just notice that the mummy one has a nod to Johnny Thunder heh. Good times Adventurers was.

Ponn

Banned
2015, the year I checked out Lego again heh. First Bionicle, and now instead of checking out more of those, I decided to cave in for this today.

91S4Nqqdt3L._SY355_.jpg

Kind of bleh at the sticker overload, but it is nicely design overall, through while I can get why they did it, the roof feels a bit loose with it being connected to just two studs. Anyway love Scooby Doo, so Lego Mystery Machine at least was a must, thus a good thing to mess with during this month of spooks.

Would love to check more of Scooby Doo, but eeeh.:p Maybe the mummy one which is cheap anyway.

Edit: Oh also like that they added two buttons at the back of the zombie's head to show it a mask. Bit of a nice touch there heh.

It's a bit of a shame that alot of people getting back into Lego or just casuals picking up that Mystery Machine because of hype are going to be met with that gigantic sticker sheet and one of the worst kind, split stickers on both sides.

Wanderer5

It's a bit of a shame that alot of people getting back into Lego or just casuals picking up that Mystery Machine because of hype are going to be met with that gigantic sticker sheet and one of the worst kind, split stickers on both sides.

Lol honestly if I knew it was going to be sticker galore, I might have had sort of a second thought, but on the other hand it still very nice looking, through yeah the split sticker thing is a bit head tilting. Least it kind of got a excuse with the way you open up the vehicle, unlike the doctor who booth from the looks of it.

I think I'm catching the Dimensions bug...

I am in the process as well it seems... Haven't bought the starter pack yet but the researching has begun to gauge whether it'll really be worth it hmmm...

Also: Hey, at least the wheel caps weren't stickers on the MM right? Shame that they don't turn when the wheels turn though :(

teeny

How did you attach the plates for the figures?

Plates 6 studs deep were just sandwiched between 2x4+ bricks. There were six levels of bricks between each plate which allowed for 4 rows. Two rows of plates 2 bricks deep had to be placed on top in order for the structure to fit perfectly in the frame. It's a bit snug and took a bit of effort to place in the frame, but it works.

Like I said, not very elegant but I wanted to avoid using glue! I'm going to get a second frame and do something with sloped parts for the next batch, I think. I might also redo this one so the plates are all white.

Osahi

Build Poe's X-Wing yesterday.

Now I understand why some call it a Sex Wing. The design from the movie is incredible to start with offcourse, and Lego just catched it with this one. The subtle slopes, the wings, ... I didn't like the color scheme when I saw the first images of this set, but now I actually love it. I also really like they added a ladder and munition vehicle. Really cool for playability as well as displayability.

Only drawback are the rubber bands for the wing mechanism. The system works like a charm and is supercool to do, but the blue stands out from the back. I'm also afraid the rubbers will wear out over time. I had hoped they would've come up with a better system by now.

Ryuuroden

How hard would it be to find replacement rubber bands in black for Poe's X-Wing?

Contact Lego customer service by internet or phone. They should be able to help you.

Edit: or are the original ones not black? If that's what you mean then I don't know of they are made in black.

Contact Lego customer service by internet or phone. They should be able to help you.

Edit: or are the original ones not black? If that's what you mean then I don't know of they are made in black.

The originals are unfortunately blue and stick out like sore thumbs, that's why I was wondering if a black replacement of some sort (possibly third party) was readily available, sorry for not being clear enough.

Osahi

Dimensions is not out in the wild here in Belgium. No gameshop has it so far as I know, and even the big online retailer here has it still on preorder.

You can get it in the Lego Shop near Antwerp though, and on the S@H.

I'll probably wait till it drops in my local game shop (early 2016 :/), as I have 10% off as an ex-employee there.

I just hope this doesn't mean the end of regular Lego game releases with Dimensions being the Hub for further adventures. (Lego Avengers seems to suggest not)

I'm glad I saw the sticker hell that is Mystery Machine in this thread, I've eyed it in the shop a few times and am really glad I didn't pick it up now.

Saw a ton of Dimensions stuff out and about today, but can't fall into that trap. Will be interesting to see what happens to the prices this time next year.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nobody likes stickers but I still think the Mystery Machine is a good set with a lot of value to it.

One of the big reasons people don't like stickers is due to problems in the past with stickers peeling off, but supposedly LEGO has addressed that in recent years so it shouldn't be as widespread an issue.

There were some horror stories about sticker peeling on some UCS sets some years ago and people have reported improved sticker lifespan since then.

Oh! My amazon.com order for Great LEGO Sets & Love That Minifigure just shipped!

The main reason I don't like stickers is its super hard to apply straight. Lots of time it comes down to a trade off between applying it straight and risking losing the stickiness of the sticker since its like my 5th try. Also, as a dog owner, its very hard to avoid hairs getting stuck underneath them. And once they do, its pretty much impossible to get them off.

Basically stickers just make for a super stressful build for me where I'm really nervous about not screwing it up and applying them perfectly, expecially if there's a lot. If its a great build but there's a lot of stickers the building experience is essentially ruined.

Wanderer5

My issue with stickers on the Mystery Machine in particular was that it doesn't look like they fit. It's just not a very nice effect as a result.

UK deal: http://www.tesco.com/direct/lego-cl...697/216-7890.prd?skuId=216-7890&pageLevel=sku

Big creator box with 1,500 bricks for £30, so 2p a brick. Seems cheap.

The MM logo particularly has that indeed, cause no matter how prefect you put those stickers on, the blue parts of the design are going to meet green bars. Maybe they should had just used blue pieces rather than green for those, or well made the stickers bigger I guess heh.

Wanderer5

That new werewolf.'_' Think it time I check out a werewolf figure at long last while I am in the lego/halloween mood heh. I see him floating around for $6-8 online. Is that the cheapest pretty much? Seems like the mystery bags were RNG and has sold out or is rarer anyway. Gotta keep in mind of bootlegs course, but think I found a pretty reliable one on amazon (MinifigureLand judging from their page).

Diorama like the BBT set? If it has all the doctors as minifigs it'll be expensive.

99.9999% sure it won't have all the doctors. There is some hope that they will have them down the line though. I can only hope they make them like the ones in LEGO Dimensions.

A bit surprised they didn't go with the spikey hair for David Tennant Doctor.
Also seems like Matt Smith hair choice could have been better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom