• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Supermarket has started filling isles with toys for the season. X-wing for 79, tie for 69, falcon for 139(!). Last one I allready own...

I won't be able to restrain myself much longer...

Amalthea

Banned
r4IBESc.jpg

anyone know where this piece could be from? Just found it in a bin of used parts i bought at a swap meet a while back for cheap...
I'm not a regular in this thread but I saw that piece once on a pull-back Lego car tht came with Duracell batteries.

peely

Neo Member
My Lego visual history book just shipped from Amazon with micro classic spaceship

Great LEGO® Sets A Visual History https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241011639
oZLiOWG.jpg

Fantastic :) I've been dropping hints to my better half about this for Xmas. Hope it's as good as it appears !

Had a great experience with S@H recently.Ordered a couple of things and added a Friends Advent Calendar (daughter) to get the free shipping but forgot to tell the gf. She finds it cheap at amazon and buys it, leaving me to call up to cancel the not-yet-shipped order. They can't do it and when I explain the situation they give me a refund and tell me that it's a small item and not to worry about sending back !

Will wait until double points to spend what they refunded though ;)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
bloody hell - this thing is two inches thick! you get a sturdy cardboard sleeve, then the hardbound book, and a separate cardboard box the same size as the book for the microbuild.

edit:

That box seems a bit.. excessive for the tiny microbuild.

Osahi

So we forgot some ingredients in the supermarket yesterday, so I had to go back today.

The supermarket with the 79 euro X-wing.

You can see where this leads...

Put in a big minifig order from China. We'll be handing out minifigs instead of candy this year. I think it will go over really well!

I was in talks with some neighbors about a "collecting" theme with our treats. Something like, collect the Avengers minifigs from the various houses and get a king sized candy bar. Something like that. Maybe next year!

Tendo

Just ordered the Santa's toyshop, Thanksgiving set, and the Guardians Sets and a second Wall-e for my desk at work.

Them double vip points :O

Any other specials or deals this month or leading into the holiday?

So i just got back from a swapmeet and picked up 9449 Ninjago Venomari Shrine still sealed for like 3 bucks. I got it without thinking just because it was super cheap. Retail was around 9 bucks or something i think...

Now the thing is, i just hit up amazon and ebay to check how much it's even worth out of curiosity and... they ask like 40 bucks and upwards for it?? Then i check a couple other sets and it seems like the practically the whole RANGE of sets from that era has tripled if not quadrupled in price!! Is there a special reason why these earlier Ninjago sets are so wanted/expensive when other themes of that era have merely held their value but not gone up?

Put in a big minifig order from China. We'll be handing out minifigs instead of candy this year. I think it will go over really well!

I was in talks with some neighbors about a "collecting" theme with our treats. Something like, collect the Avengers minifigs from the various houses and get a king sized candy bar. Something like that. Maybe next year!
I should move to your neighborhood.

So i just got back from a swapmeet and picked up 9449 Ninjago Venomari Shrine still sealed for like 3 bucks. I got it without thinking just because it was super cheap. Retail was around 9 bucks or something i think...

Now the thing is, i just hit up amazon and ebay to check how much it's even worth out of curiosity and... they ask like 40 bucks and upwards for it?? Then i check a couple other sets and it seems like the practically the whole RANGE of sets from that era has tripled if not quadrupled in price!! Is there a special reason why these earlier Ninjago sets are so wanted/expensive when other themes of that era have merely held their value but not gone up?

Everything out of production is ridiculously overpriced on Amazon and Ebay. You can get the set for like $6 on Bricklink, so while you might trick someone into getting it for more, it's not worth that much.

Everything out of production is ridiculously overpriced on Amazon and Ebay. You can get the set for like $6 on Bricklink, so while you might trick someone into getting it for more, it's not worth that much.

9449 is a much bigger set. 9440 is the one he picked up for $3. Still, it's always fun to find an old set for cheap!

See, that can't be the only reason in this case since a bunch of older OOP themes do NOT sell for that much. Just look at Atlantis for example, they still go for MSRP, sometimes slightly more, but sometimes they're even less. Or Galaxy Squad is another example. Not every theme that's OOP becomes a huge seller. Maybe Ninjago is just a lot more popular because the actual pieces in the set do not justify it (well there ARE the lime green snakes which only appear in like 5 sets but still)

See, that can't be the only reason in this case since a bunch of older OOP themes do NOT sell for that much. Just look at Atlantis for example, they still go for MSRP, sometimes slightly more, but sometimes they're even less. Or Galaxy Squad is another example. Not every theme that's OOP becomes a huge seller. Maybe Ninjago is just a lot more popular because the actual pieces in the set do not justify it (well there ARE the lime green snakes which only appear in like 5 sets but still)

Well, it's a combination. Noone cares for Atlantis so they don't rise in value, but people hear that Ninjago is popular and dial up prices just in case someone is desperate to complete the collection, even though it's not really that kind of series.

Either way, Bricklink has more reasonable values for old sets.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I might get myself that Lego Sets book. It looks pretty great.

Cr0wn0

Where did you order from? I might steal this idea, we just moved into a new development.

teeny

I took a trip to Ikea today to get a couple of Ribba frames to make into minifigure displays but instead found something that seems to be new. Its called the Kasseby display box.

IMO, this thing was designed for minifigures! The box is six studs deep and 52 wide. Without accessories, I can display 52 minifigures. I'm gonna come up with something a little more elegant, but this is what it looks like if your'e interested:

JOhdP45.jpg

qXxI2hL.jpg

I took a trip to Ikea today to get a couple of Ribba frames to make into minifigure displays but instead found something that seems to be new. Its called the Kasseby display box.

IMO, this thing was designed for minifigures! The box is six studs deep and 52 wide. Without accessories, I can display 52 minifigures. I'm gonna come up with something a little more elegant, but this is what it looks like if your'e interested:

This is great, thanks!

I came into some really old (1960s) parts this summer and have been trying to find something just like this to display them. I might grab another one to focus on fig evolution or maybe just dedicated Star Wars figs.

Where did you order from? I might steal this idea, we just moved into a new development.

Aliexpress.com

Search for minifigs and go from there. They can take up to 2 weeks to arrive, so plan ahead. You can easily get the price per fig under 50 cents if you look for larger lots. I think mine were 42 cents? Not for certain but it was something like that I think. I just used our usual candy budget for minifigs instead ($100).

The thought occurred to me when I was at the Chicago Comic Con and saw kids just swarming the booths selling the Chinese figs.

Hmmm. A full box of series 14 just showed up at work. Never been touched. Might have to feel may way through it and pull everything I want to build my monster army.

Mixels have really helped quell my Lego addiction. I spent waaay to much money on lego for my budget over the summer (at least $300). I just kept getting the urge to buy Lego every week or two, and the only cool sets I could find that would quell my urge were at least $30. That adds up quickly. But now I've just started focusing on mixels, every couple weeks I get two or three mixels and then the Lego urge is gone. What's brilliant about them is, while they're only $5, they are packed with detail, clever part usage, and personality. They're small but they feel way more satisfying than a regular small set.

I built the Mystery Machine last night. A fun little build overall, but damn, that's a lot of stickers. And while most of them fit on well, some were just a liiiiittle off making me annoyed.

The lower section has the stickers go on the center of the pieces, leaving a tiny edge (probably to reduce wear), but the logo stickers are supposed to sit right next to one another. However, the sticker still doesn't cover the entire panel vertically. It would have been better with blue panels, now the green section sits awkwardly in the middle with blue rounded edges on top of the green.

Oh well, it's pretty neat otherwise.

How did you attach the plates for the figures?

Interesting how they did the panel on the doors. Are those just window frames and they made solid blue inserts instead of the trans window inserts? Gonna be very disappointed if those aren't printed pieces use for the door panels.
When is it coming out! The newest season already started.

I like how it's pretty small. Even though I don't care much for Doctor Who, it might make a neat background piece in my city.

Exactly. It's just a British police box. :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That TARDIS set looks fantastic. The size implies it'll be pretty affordable as well. Can't wait for more details.

Edit: Cleared up what I'm talking about because new page -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom