• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

It looks like LEGO sent lawyers after Brickset forcing them to remove all the 2016 set images. Speculation was that it had to do with the leaked Star Wars VII set.

Well, I waited until today to get Wall-e and double VIP/Train Set and now Wall-e is out of stock and won't ship until February. That's nuts! Oh well...Hopefully it is worth the wait.

Crazy. I looked it up this morning and was going to pull the trigger tonight. The site is a complete disaster right now. Trying to figure out what my order will be and I need to use Google searches to actually pull up the sets since the shop.lego.com search is more busted than normal.

Edit: ...aaaand I can't edit my shopping cart either.

Tendo

Crazy. I looked it up this morning and was going to pull the trigger tonight. The site is a complete disaster right now. Trying to figure out what my order will be and I need to use Google searches to actually pull up the sets since the shop.lego.com search is more busted than normal.

Edit: ...aaaand I can't edit my shopping cart either.

I placed a huge order earlier, got a confirmation e-mail but my order number doesn't work and my order doesn't show up. Dang. Something broke it.

Are we sure the bank's colors aren't tan but white? The pic on Legos S&H site show tan on their image.

It's the magically colour changing dress all over again. Yes, it's white. Note that the greens are all oversaturated on the "tan" version. I assumed that was a poor scan at first - strange if it turns up on official images. But all the other high quality images clearly show it as white.

teeny

This makes me a sad panda :(

Oh well, if it becomes available at some other point, I guess I'll have to buy more Lego. What a shame!

Just placed an order but haven't received the email or an update in my Account History yet... is that normal?

Edit: Though it has appeared in my bank account as a pending transaction, so I guess it's safe...

I am wanting to work on a little MOC where i'd need a crapton of dark grey small plates, tiles etc. 1x1s 2x1s, is there a good set to grab that has a ton of those? I was looking at the Minecraft Nether set which seemed pretty good for what i had in mind, but the price seems to have tripled since it was OOP :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Double VIP is up on the UK store. Nothing else though, no free gift.

I've got points I need to spend (they expire at the end of the year). Think I'm better off buying something for 2x points now and then using the points I already have plus the newly rewarded points to get something for cheap/free?

Osahi

Damn, was maybe planning on pulling the trigger on pet shop with double VIP, but it is out of stock. Hope it comes back before the 31st.

Don't really know what to order otherwise. I still want the TFA Tie, but it is simply to expensive.

willp2003

Yeah I can't really see anything I want for double points (without spending loads of cash and getting sucked into other themes). How do you know when your VIP points expire?

Double VIP is still only a 10% bonus, and it's worth less than a 10% sale since you get nothing unless you actually spend more money later on. That's why I'm not too bothered about it. If you were planning on getting a big exclusive set anyway, then it doesn't hurt to get $10-20 off your next purchase. But compared to regular sales elsewhere, it's not that great a deal.

Generally, if I want something, 5-10% off isn't enough to make me wait an extra couple of months. And if I don't want something, I need 25-50% off to consider changing my mind or making an impulse buy.

Double VIP is still only a 10% bonus, and it's worth less than a 10% sale since you get nothing unless you actually spend more money later on. That's why I'm not too bothered about it. If you were planning on getting a big exclusive set anyway, then it doesn't hurt to get $10-20 off your next purchase. But compared to regular sales elsewhere, it's not that great a deal.

Generally, if I want something, 5-10% off isn't enough to make me wait an extra couple of months. And if I don't want something, I need 25-50% off to consider changing my mind or making an impulse buy.

I agree completely. It's nice to slowly rack up that dollar total in your VIP account but I don't go out of my way to do it.

I got an email this morning saying that the order I'd placed yesterday has been indefinitely delayed. Ah wall, it'll be a nice surprise when it finally shows.

iuuk

LR3u2zs.png

To go for it or not to go for it... Are we definitely not getting the holiday train, or is it just speculation at this point?
I'm obviously going to buy these sets anyway. Amazon is not selling exclusives anymore and because of that that 10% discount is about as much as I can get.

Stil... €460 is a lot of money, even when LEGO was nice enough to save me €50 on an out of stock Wall-E.

I'm calling my Lego store tomorrow to make absolutely sure we're not getting Holiday Train.

Also: Is the Sith Infiltrator somehow a retailer/Lego store exclusive? I have not seen it at ANY stores yet around here but it did turn up at my Lego store hmm... If so i may consider that for double VIP

edit: I just found this little tidbit here

http://brickset.com/article/17117/free-christmas-train-at-shop-lego-com

According to Brickset, we ARE getting it the 22nd October!! YAY, let's hope they're correct. If so this just made my day! Actually my day was ruined first by the news that we would NOT get the train, the it got saved by this so..

I am wanting to work on a little MOC where i'd need a crapton of dark grey small plates, tiles etc. 1x1s 2x1s, is there a good set to grab that has a ton of those? I was looking at the Minecraft Nether set which seemed pretty good for what i had in mind, but the price seems to have tripled since it was OOP :(

Bricklink is the way to go for you need a ton of a specific piece. Buying a ton of sets for a few parts will be very expensive unless you need all those other parts.

If you are a part of LUG group or know someone in one, you can see if that part is available for the next bulk purchase from LEGO.

Pick-a-brick at LEGO S@H can be pricey but if Bricklink sellers don't have the part you need in high quantities it's probably the next easiests and cheapest route.

Bricklink is the way to go for you need a ton of a specific piece. Buying a ton of sets for a few parts will be very expensive unless you need all those other parts.

If you are a part of LUG group or know someone in one, you can see if that part is available for the next bulk purchase from LEGO.

Pick-a-brick at LEGO S@H can be pricey but if Bricklink sellers don't have the part you need in high quantities it's probably the next easiests and cheapest route.

Yeah i know, i'm a BrickLink veteran kinda ;) but see the thing is, in SOME cases BL is actually more expensive than say a certain set which has a ton of a couple types of bricks you need, especially if you get it on say an amazon sale and the big part, NO SHIPPING, which is where BL orders kill you everytime, especially with bigger parcels etc.

It does look like i may have to go the BL way after all though :(

Jimbro72

I'm calling my Lego store tomorrow to make absolutely sure we're not getting Holiday Train.

Also: Is the Sith Infiltrator somehow a retailer/Lego store exclusive? I have not seen it at ANY stores yet around here but it did turn up at my Lego store hmm... If so i may consider that for double VIP

Not sure where you are located but here in the US, the Sith Infiltrator is a TRU exclusive, I believe. I bought mine from S@H just because it's the better deal with the VIP pts and freebies they throw in, like last months SW poster I got when I bought mine.

Osahi

According to Brickset, we ARE getting it the 22nd October!! YAY, let's hope they're correct. If so this just made my day! Actually my day was ruined first by the news that we would NOT get the train, the it got saved by this so..

I hope i can order the pet shop by then!

Waiting for the 22nd and get a shitty little train and risk that whatever you wanted is out of stock, or buy now?

3N16MA

Banned

Good point. Most sets can easily get a 20% discount or more at places like TRU and Walmart around here. The only sets worth getting (for me) at double VIP are exclusive and former exclusives sets. They rarely see any kind of discount other than the occasionally drop on Amazon. Ideas sets are also a good bet as they only get the occasional discount from TLG themselves.

I let my son decide between the Christmas sets and he wants the Santas Workshop so going to order that on The 22nd to get the train.

I was leaning more to the toy shop but it's his choice!

Rootbeer

Banned
I let my son decide between the Christmas sets and he wants the Santas Workshop so going to order that on The 22nd to get the train.

I was leaning more to the toy shop but it's his choice!

actually he chose well! The Christmas sets tend to stick around for a year or so, but there is no guarantee they will be in print for two years, so if you wanted to buy Santa's Workship around this time next year there is a chance it wouldn't be in stock anymore.

Plus they are both strong sets so getting either is a win.

iuuk

Thanks, I hope this is correct. Just one more week to go.

Edit: The store still doesn't work anyway, so I can't even order half now and the other half to get the train.

Turnbl

Got the Lego UK Christmas catalogue through the post today. It confirms free Christmas Train available 22nd October until 20th November for orders £50 or more.

Guys, i need some opinions on Rescue Reinforcements, i found it cheap at a store near me, never considered it but... should i grab it? I have watched Jang's review but i am unsure still, the mech looks cool, it comes with a PIG and a chicken and a couple of unique albeit plain figures hmmm

TheFuzz

Does anyone prefer the Haunted Lighthouse over the Mystery Mansion? I checked both out in-store and just couldn't get over the whole "wall" build of the mansion. I thought the lighthouse looked cleaner and had more useful parts so I grabbed that to go with Santas Workshop. I plan on expanding the size and scope of the set and really had no use for the slew of purple pieces in the mansion.

How'd I do? I'll grab the Toy Shop on Black Friday but didn't want to miss Santas Workshop after not grabbing it last year.

ghostmind

Guys, i need some opinions on Rescue Reinforcements, i found it cheap at a store near me, never considered it but... should i grab it? I have watched Jang's review but i am unsure still, the mech looks cool, it comes with a PIG and a chicken and a couple of unique albeit plain figures hmmm

dFx5eLF.gif

Those minifigures are some of the best of that year!

sOY58xg.jpg
5Af0Wfh.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Does anyone prefer the Haunted Lighthouse over the Mystery Mansion? I checked both out in-store and just couldn't get over the whole "wall" build of the mansion. I thought the lighthouse looked cleaner and had more useful parts so I grabbed that to go with Santas Workshop. I plan on expanding the size and scope of the set and really had no use for the slew of purple pieces in the mansion.

How'd I do? I'll grab the Toy Shop on Black Friday but didn't want to miss Santas Workshop after not grabbing it last year.

I haven't got the lighthouse yet because I got all the others at full price and am waiting for a sale on the lighthouse. The mansion does have quite a bit going for it though even if it doesn't fit in with other sets. The greenhouse build for instance is amazing. That and the other half of the mansion with the sloped roof build can easily be detached and fit in with other sets nicely (Castlevania scene?). Never really thought of combining the lighthouse with santas workshop though, thats interesting. I was thinking of using mine next year for halloween to make a cthullu scene, so going in the opposite direction i guess.

I bought Pet Shop. I have joined the modulars family.

I think I'm gonna go buy a table or something to keep my Lego stuff on top of.

I had some nice long heavy shelves put in that have been perfect for display, especially a line of modular buildings. You don't get depth if you were planning to put a road in or something but the sidewalks fit perfect.

I'm expecting those winter sets are going to be nov. 1st right? They probably won't last till Brickfriday even though they aren't very unique.

TheFuzz

I haven't got the lighthouse yet because I got all the others at full price and am waiting for a sale on the lighthouse. The mansion does have quite a bit going for it though even if it doesn't fit in with other sets. The greenhouse build for instance is amazing. That and the other half of the mansion with the sloped roof build can easily be detached and fit in with other sets nicely (Castlevania scene?). Never really thought of combining the lighthouse with santas workshop though, thats interesting.

Sorry, I didn't mean combining the two.... I just meant expanding the lighthouse. Workshop is just a build for my wife and I as part of our holiday "tradition."

ghostmind

These are NOT the 1/2 and 2/2 sets for 2015 right? They are seasonals just like the Halloween and thanksgiving ones?

I haven't paid attention so wasn't sure how the train fits into the annual bonus sets.

No the 1/2 is the Holiday Train, which is available now, and the 2/2 is the Gingerbread House, available on Brick Friday.

neonglow

TRU Canada Bricktober week 3 - the wait continues...

lwa0LQ9.jpg

Has anyone seen previous week Bricktober sets on store shelves? I figured they'd have leftover stock like last year but my Toys R Us has mentioned them running out. I was hoping to just buy them for $20 each instead of spending $75 four times to get them all.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Thanks, I hope this is correct. Just one more week to go.

Edit: The store still doesn't work anyway, so I can't even order half now and the other half to get the train.

You should refresh blokjesstore.be from time to time. They had modulars at 15% off with free shipping inside benelux. Picked up Parisian Restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom