• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think Palace Cinema will be as expensive to get later on after being OOP as Town Hall now is? It's supposedly not as good by a long shot so maybe aftermarket prices won't go as high or does actual quality of a set not factor in here?

You guys think Palace Cinema will be as expensive to get later on after being OOP as Town Hall now is? It's supposedly not as good by a long shot so maybe aftermarket prices won't go as high or does actual quality of a set not factor in here?

It is a modular building, which is not a large line so any missing set for completists will drive the price up. It doesn't have a huge number of unique pieces or colors like Town Hall did, but there are definitely some unique things to it to make the after market price high.

Heck, the red base plate alone will probably go sky high in the aftermarket once it retires.

ghostmind

No, the Town Hall was a larger, more expensive set to begin with, and is the centrepiece of a modular row.

I don't expect Palace Cinema to be that popular in the aftermarket.

I will play the middle ground. The price will rise quite a bit. It is a modular after all. It just won't have as quick or steep a rise as Town Hall had.

0U4Lzfd.jpg

Finally put up some new shelves I had custom made for me.

Got my little Lego Halloween display all set up.

It would make sense to buy them in the order they were released as much as possible. We can't predict when Lego will retire them but the older ones are at greater risk you'd think.

The new Bank looks great, but I don't have any modulars and I really can't afford to get sucked into that theme.

I bought myself the Detective's Office as a one-off for my birthday on August 1st. A one-off.

Two months and about £800 later I have six modular buildings. WTF?!

Wait are you saying Pet Shop is the one to go?

We don't know, but it's the oldest one (2011). I think at this point it just survives on being rather popular and not having many unique pieces they have to keep in production.

As for Palace Cinema, if I could be bothered I really should grab a second one. It's available in regular shops here and sometimes is available for 25% off, and it's strangely cheap around here to begin with (1299 SEK instead of 1849 SEK for the Pet Shop).

DemiMatt

The Bank / Laundromat Modular looks insane, so much detail than any other piece of the series. Really sad I'm missing the Fire Brigade, may need to buy that this year :X

Has anyone built any of the new Scooby Doo sets? I was looking at the The Mystery Mansion, seems like a great Halloween piece to get, how is the build?

LASTLY, at 12p tonight are we able to benefit from both the Double VIP Points & be eligible for the Holiday Train set? Or do we have to wait until mid day tomorrow at 10 or something?

Not saying I know anything about Lego's retirement strategy, but didn't they just redesign the Palace Cinema box in the US? Why would you bother if it's going to retire next?

mojiimbo

Not saying I know anything about Lego's retirement strategy, but didn't they just redesign the Palace Cinema box in the US? Why would you bother if it's going to retire next?
I think it was only Tower Bridge and the Volkswagen that got redesigned/rebranded boxes recently.

The bank is incredible. All those circular saws and bars of silver on the exterior....amazing.

I need to figure out where to put it. When I build the Detective Office I will officially be out of room on my mantle.

I need to figure out where to put it. When I build the Detective Office I will officially be out of room on my mantle.

Everyone will hit this point eventually. Get your long term plans in order folks!

An easy fix for me is to move my haunted house to it's own location. That's another year of official modular space right there!

Anybody else double dipping tomorrow for both Double VIP and the Holiday Train set?

I was definitely going to, but then that Barnes & Noble online B1G1 50% Off sale happened, and I bought what I needed (Friends Advent calendar for my daughter and some baseplates for making her a Lego table) as well as too much stuff for myself. I'm debating it now. If I go, it'll probably be for the Ultra Agents Mission HQ, assuming my store still has it in stock.

An easy fix for me is to move my haunted house to it's own location. That's another year of official modular space right there!

My Haunted House has been in the closet for over a year. I need to figure out a long term solution.

Anybody else double dipping tomorrow for both Double VIP and the Holiday Train set?

I will grab the Wall-E set along with something else to qualify for the train. I am being much pickier these days; if I am not planning to display it I want to avoid buying it.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to get another modular. I'm stuck between the Detective's Agency or the Pet Shop. As much as I love the outside of the Palace Cinema it's too bare bones inside.

Then again I'm trying to figure out if I want to hold off and just get the Brick Bank instead of any of those options.

Then there's the thought of getting the Kwik-E-Mart as well.

So many options ARGGH

It's a no brainer for anyone as long as they can make it. I will.
I've been holding off on some items that are unlikely to be on sale such as Big Bang for the free giveways with purchase. I will add some CMF series 14 and cups of PAB with the new elements.

Plan on getting Winter Toy Shop and...something else to get to the threshold for the free train. Maybe a remote or another motor. I really don't know.

Holding off on Sandcrawler for Black Friday weekend.

Maengun1

Got some amazon credit for trade in for my 3DS systems after I upgraded to the new Animal Crossing N3DS. Ended up with about $333 and I am tempted to put it into two modulars and possibly buy a third one. Thinking about doing Pet Shot/Detectives Office/Restaurant. Not so sure about the Cinema.

I really like the bank that they showed off a few posts back and seems like this is a decent jumping in point with 4/5 sets being in print ATM. The other routes I was thinking is Temple of Airjitzu or getting the Ferris Wheel/Mixer.

Im so torn! lol

I just bought and put together the Mixer a couple pages back, I really love it. It's super impressive in person. It's a slightly older set too, so I'd put that ahead of the Ferris Wheel and Temple of Airjitzu if they're all on your maybe list.

Others know a lot more about the modular retirement schedule, I don't follow those sets very closely (I love looking at pictures of them, but feel too far behind to jump into buying them personally).

In other news, I'm planning to pick up the Winter Toy Shop and Wall-E tomorrow to close out the double VIP event and get the holiday train.

Jimbro72

One of the other factors that has caused the Town Hall to increase so much in value was the suddenness in which it was retired. It seemed to catch a lot of people, even resellers, off guard by how quick it went, leaving a lot of people scrambling after it that still wanted it and sellers with less stock than other modular sets. So unless the Palace Cinema just up and retires out of nowhere in the very near future, I see it being a slow riser and not something that will be selling for double or triple the price a few months after it's gone.

chidrock

Got an update for you. There are 2 bags for step 6.

https://youtu.be/7hi8IWSSKWQ?t=8m42s

I did a search for "distribution of bags for lego sandcrawler"

Thanks! I had been watching some speed builds, but they move pretty fast so I was hoping for confirmation.

Looks like if I was going to be missing any bags, those were the ones to be considering it's mostly technics and no minifigs.

Time to start building a bricklink list!

Winter Village Toy Shop and Thanksgiving Feast in the bag. Now what else can I get for $10 to qualify for the train? And when the hell will the train go live!?

iosefe

Winter Village Toy Shop and Thanksgiving Feast in the bag. Now what else can I get for $10 to qualify for the train? And when the hell will the train go live!?

*shillmode*

"well for 10 dollars i can recommend a Ninjago Airjutsu Spinner. it's a nice little build, and i just KNOW kids love things that fly. at the very least it is a fun diversion.

if that doesn't interest you, have you considered adding Mixels to your collection? we got a new wave in just last month , pick your favorite two, Or three! a whole tribe.very fun little creatures. when you get all 3 of a tribe, you can mix the mixels into what is called a Maxel. instructions for that ca be found online.

I'll let you browse through those and i'll be back to help you in a moment. let me know i you have any questions"

*shillmode*

"well for 10 dollars i can recommend a Ninjago Airjutsu Spinner. it's a nice little build, and i just KNOW kids love things that fly. at the very least it is a fun diversion.

if that doesn't interest you, have you considered adding to your Mixels collection? we got a new wave in just last month , pick your favorite two, Or three! a whole tribe."

Snagged all of series 6 Mixels from Target a few days before October. :)

But in the end, I ordered Toy Shop, Thanksgiving Feast (I wish the Christmas sets were there too), IR receiver, and IR remote for power functions. Almost tagged on the train motor as well, but the remote and receiver will be handy in a few weeks to add to my airship.

iosefe

Snagged all of series 6 Mixels from Target a few days before October. :)

But in the end, I ordered Toy Shop, Thanksgiving Feast (I wish the Christmas sets were there too), IR receiver, and IR remote for power functions. Almost tagged on the train motor as well, but the remote and receiver will be handy in a few weeks to add to my airship.

"Awesome, very solid choice! your total is [insert price here]. Swipe when you're ready.

i'd like to ask that if you have some time today that you go online and fill otu a quick survey rating your service with me this [morning/afternoon/evening]. i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for coming and hope to see you again"

today i dozed off and imagined I was pulling a large item down for a customer. having a job is getting into my subconscious.

i hope my manager/supervisor lets me get one of the trains.

Rootbeer

Banned
okay, got my order in. Winter toy shop and batboat harbor pursuit with the free train! I already had the Thanksgiving set (picked it up over the weekend.)

I really lamented on what to add to my toy shop to put my order over the threshhold, and wasn't big on the batboat but i'll cannabalize it for parts. Wanted the two exclusive minfigs for my DC Collection.

now to hold back on ordering temple of airjitsu to get a second train... dat double VIP!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
One of the other factors that has caused the Town Hall to increase so much in value was the suddenness in which it was retired. It seemed to catch a lot of people, even resellers, off guard by how quick it went, leaving a lot of people scrambling after it that still wanted it and sellers with less stock than other modular sets. So unless the Palace Cinema just up and retires out of nowhere in the very near future, I see it being a slow riser and not something that will be selling for double or triple the price a few months after it's gone.

Nah, it will double fast. Main reason being there are AFOLs coming out of their dark ages every day and will continue to do so.

Nah, it will double fast. Main reason being there are AFOLs coming out of their dark ages every day and will continue to do so.

Well, were that true, Grand Emporium should have doubled up by now but after just checking Ebay, you can buy one right now for 250 euro (new & sealed) How long has it been OOP though?

I'm kind of amazed that after making five Jedi Interceptors, and actually getting the last one almost perfect, they went on to mess with the design and made Obi-Wan's interceptor uglier and less similar to source material than Anakin's.. although the two craft feature in the same scene side by side so wtf is up with that Lego???

wetwired

Back from Japan, I visited Tokyo Legoland Discovery Center and took a heap of pics of the display I'll have to share when I get time, the store there was pretty disappointing though, nothing I couldn't really get anywhere else.

I did come home to find some competition in the X-minifigs market from minifigures.com

img01_6_6.jpg

img03_13.jpg

You can buy there's seperately and it works out the same price as mine combined, mine has a lot more accessories though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom