• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Lego UK Christmas catalogue through the post today. It confirms free Christmas Train available 22nd October until 20th November for orders £50 or more.

But what about the gingerbread house!

That's cool news though, will probably get the Toy Shop and the train and have a nice little Lego display under my tree (I'm too old for presents, but not too old for nice little Lego displays.)

iuuk

You should refresh blokjesstore.be from time to time. They had modulars at 15% off with free shipping inside benelux. Picked up Parisian Restaurant.
Damn, I did not know about that store yet. Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye on it now.

Ponn

Banned
On vacation in New Orleans for the week. I saw this stand in the French Market. It was so tempting to go Speedster crazy.

Oh man you should have. At least get the tv series Flash and Reverse Flash figs, they are awesome. Nu52 Reverse Flash and Black Racer are must gets too.

I think you can get all 6 speedsters for $8 via the website whose name shall not be mentioned. I would not be tempted for any of those at $8 a fig.

Whoopsie, just noticed the price. Yea that person is trying to make bank on those figs.

I think you can get all 6 speedsters for $8 via the website whose name shall not be mentioned. I would not be tempted for any of those at $8 a fig.
Yeah, the price was putting me off. They had some figures for $15 too, like figures from recent $10-20 sets. Pffft. Rip off.
Oh man you should have. At least get the tv series Flash and Reverse Flash figs, they are awesome. Nu52 Reverse Flash and Black Racer are must gets too.
Seriously, the speedsters and Galactus were very, very tempting. But dat price...

Osahi

You should refresh blokjesstore.be from time to time. They had modulars at 15% off with free shipping inside benelux. Picked up Parisian Restaurant.

Woah, thanks. Didn't know this one. They are related to the Fun toy stores who have -15% on every toy now. Just ordered the tfa tie fighter for 63 and the 2013 a-wing for 25. Nice they still had some stock for the last one, after the battlefront beta i just needed a lego version of that ship

neonglow

Stores are usually good about keeping them in stock...or at least mine are. Never had an issue nabbing a seasonal set there...online is a different story though

The stores here either put a limit of 1 or 2 for each seasonal set depending on their stock levels. I was able to pick up 2 of the Thanksgiving sets but only 1 of the Halloween set.

As far as I know it's safe to post here. I was messing around since it's only topic that is a bit touchy. The site that name shall not be mentioned.

How's the quality on these? I've seen some 3rd party sellers on Amazon selling big lots of these, but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. Is it super noticeable they aren't real Lego, or do they blend in okay? I'm eyeing that Daredevil.

Ponn

Banned
How's the quality on these? I've seen some 3rd party sellers on Amazon selling big lots of these, but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. Is it super noticeable they aren't real Lego, or do they blend in okay? I'm eyeing that Daredevil.

Yea, especially lately they have improved alot. Really the only way you can tell is if you pick one up for close inspection like specks of paint, loose limbs or different shaped pegs. Most packs of 6 or so figs go for $6 - 8 with free shipping so if you're interested its not breaking the bank to check out a set of figs. I liked the Flash set, lots of figs we will never see from Lego (still don't get the lack of a simple reverse flash repaint). I also liked the Walking Dead figs personally.

The stores here either put a limit of 1 or 2 for each seasonal set depending on their stock levels. I was able to pick up 2 of the Thanksgiving sets but only 1 of the Halloween set.

Really? Hmmm haven't seen a restriction like that at the store I frequent. Then again those seasonal sets can sit there for awhile so maybe it's just store to store.

Kyari

Guys I know I am super late on this one, since I've been sitting on it for like 10 months, but I finally built one of the two Pet Shop modular buildings.

I really dig the town house half, it is now sitting on my shelf next to the Palace Cinema. Hopefully it won't take me another 10 months to build the actual pet shop itself.

The ground floor of the town house section was really fun to build, has a lot of cool details, but it feels kind of lazy that the entire upper floor and attic are just .. empty. It's at least a little funny that you have a single paint trail with the 4x2 flat piece but its not super exciting to build or look at. I need to think about how to turn it into a bedroom or some such.

No the 1/2 is the Holiday Train, which is available now, and the 2/2 is the Gingerbread House, available on Brick Friday.

Thanks Ghostmind. I knew I didn't have the full picture...so 40124 and 40125 will be available at retail? My Holiday Train is on backorder but at least it's coming.

Has anyone seen previous week Bricktober sets on store shelves? I figured they'd have leftover stock like last year but my Toys R Us has mentioned them running out. I was hoping to just buy them for $20 each instead of spending $75 four times to get them all.

I have read that the TRU systems don't have the SKUs in their inventory system, which will prevent them from being sold individually or at least alert the clerks that they shouldn't be sold (at least in Canada). I've had no luck coercing local staff to sell them to me individually.

On vacation in New Orleans for the week. I saw this stand in the French Market. It was so tempting to go Speedster crazy.

That Galactus is amazing. I've almost pulled the trigger on that so many times.

Is it safe to PM me this website?

www.aliexpress.com

I feel pretty strongly that we shouldn't be buying bootlegs of figs that are available through retail channels so I avoid those. Collections of Green Lanterns and various other never-released figs? Fair game. You'll be mine soon, low-quality Galactus.

The ground floor of the town house section was really fun to build, has a lot of cool details, but it feels kind of lazy that the entire upper floor and attic are just .. empty. It's at least a little funny that you have a single paint trail with the 4x2 flat piece but its not super exciting to build or look at. I need to think about how to turn it into a bedroom or some such.

That's a common complaint about the set, and I agree with you. Overall it is still my second favorite modular (Parisian Restaurant dominates) but I know exactly how you feel. I thought it was a cute way to manage the lack of a build, but yes it is a bit lacking. Also, don't feel bad about sitting on your sets. I have several large sets I bought in January and I'll be surprised if I get around to them before March of next year. It's nice to have a backlog!

Jimbro72

I have read that the TRU systems don't have the SKUs in their inventory system, which will prevent them from being sold individually or at least alert the clerks that they shouldn't be sold (at least in Canada). I've had no luck coercing local staff to sell them to me individually.

Odd that it's different in Canada than the US with regards to not being allowed to purchase the older ones. I went in this past Saturday to buy a couple sets and get the 2nd promo set (train station) for free but was also allowed to just outright buy the 1st set (hotel) since they still had them in stock. So my understanding has been that you couldn't purchase it during the week it was the free promo but after that week, it was fair game to buy outright. They won't even sell them to you after that set's week has passed?

Ryuuroden

Well I have a 2 bedroom apartment and I live alone. So as long as I don't end up needing a roommate again this shouldn't be an issue...

Yeah, that's what you think now. It starts with a room and pretty soon its a house and then when you start dating a girl with a 1 year old kid its a mess trying to keep the LEGO out of reach....My poor airship hasn't hardly been worked on because of that.....I don't mind though, my girlfriend is awesome and totally supports my LEGO hobby, so it's all good.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Nope. Helmet is amazing though.

I did a search and found one being sold online, it looks like they are longer, the same size as Woody's legs on the Toy Story minifigs:

Galactus-minifigure-Single-sale-Shen-yuan-SY258-6-Marvel-God-Classic-figures-Best-Collection-Children-Gift.jpg
Galactus-minifigure-Single-sale-Shen-yuan-SY258-6-Marvel-God-Classic-figures-Best-Collection-Children-Gift.jpg

Has anyone seen previous week Bricktober sets on store shelves? I figured they'd have leftover stock like last year but my Toys R Us has mentioned them running out. I was hoping to just buy them for $20 each instead of spending $75 four times to get them all.

My Toys R Us is just selling them for $20 at the service desk even the week they're on promo. I actually missed the first set because I didn't realize Bricktober started in December and I didn't check it out until week 2 and I had to go to another Toys R Us to get the Bricktober Hotel.

Keaner

Neo Member

I ended up converting mine into a kitchenette and den (and a bedroom for the top floor) for a contest earlier this year.

Andrin

Got really lucky today and managed to snag 9473 The Mines of Moria and 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor for 50% off at a local toy store. Roughly converted I paid something like 130$ in total for both of them, which is really cheap compared to average prices over here (the Interceptor alone I've seen for ~140$ a few years ago).

Thanks for the bootlegs links. I haven't found a seller yet that I like (a lot of the ones I've seen have really bad faces) but at least now I know where to look.

Yeah, that's what you think now. It starts with a room and pretty soon its a house and then when you start dating a girl with a 1 year old kid its a mess trying to keep the LEGO out of reach....My poor airship hasn't hardly been worked on because of that.....I don't mind though, my girlfriend is awesome and totally supports my LEGO hobby, so it's all good.

I had younger brothers growing up. This is why almost none of my sets from before they were like 10 still exist fully. I had that huge ass Ice Planet ship and one day my brother smashed it while I was at school and I never did find all the pieces.

Current CMF 15 rumor list:

Farmer w/ pig
Satyr
Shark Costume Guy
Tribal Woman

I'm guessing they reuse scarecrow hat on farmer guy. Curious what they can do to make that minifig exciting. A new pig mould would make it exciting.

I wonder if they will reuse the gargoyle horn piece or have a new mould for the horns. I hope we see more classic mythological minifigs in the future.

Shark costume. SOLD!!! I will get multiples of that without even seeing it.

Fzaltoh.jpg

Current CMF 15 rumor list:

Farmer w/ pig
Satyr
Shark Costume Guy
Tribal Woman

I wonder how big that pig can be to fit on a plate? Probably a new mini pig then or something...

Satyr, awesome

Shark costume, why didn't i think of that before? Another suggestion for the future would be... mancrab costume guy?

Tribal woman, really? Again? I am referring to the one from Series 5, obviously, unless that's not really considered a "tribal woman"....

teeny

I wonder how big that pig can be to fit on a plate? Probably a new mini pig then or something...

Satyr, awesome

Shark costume, why didn't i think of that before? Another suggestion for the future would be... mancrab costume guy?

Tribal woman, really? Again? I am referring to the one from Series 5, obviously, unless that's not really considered a "tribal woman"....

I reckon it might be more like the Chief (series 3) or Hunter (series 1).

I like those rumours, though, especially shark guy!

teeny

Does anyone have Jokerland? I'm seriously considering it later this month, but it's £90 and I am not invested at all in any of the superheroes stuff (do like Bats though).

I usually go for closed vehicles and buildings - play sets I'm kind of iffy on but if the builds are decent, I might go for it.

Also, can we use this thread as a B/S/T or would that be considered inappropriate? I have a boxed/complete Benny's Spaceship I'm willing to part with for £65 (including UK shipping) and a bunch of minifig duplicates I am really only wanting to recoup losses from rather than make a massive profit. Ebay fees really ate into my totals when I was selling off series 5 dupes a few months ago which has made me reluctant to go down that route...

Osahi

Mailman brought a wonderfull birthday present for me: Special Forces Tie Fighter and A-Wing. Grabbed both in a -15% deal a toy chain has here as a promotion for Sinterklaas. Tie was 63, which was kind of wat this set should've cost in the first place. It's little over 10 cent per brick this way and you get 4 figures.

A-wing was something they still had in stock and bought on a whim. Was around 25 with the promotion. Love how I know have an Ackbar (and love the pilot too), and it is cool to have an extra young Solo (the other one sits in his micro-Falcon). Ship is really cool too. I built it during my lunch break and love how it turned out to be. Swooshable and slick en with nice little detailing. Too much stickers though, but you can't have it all.

Does anyone have Jokerland? I'm seriously considering it later this month, but it's £90 and I am not invested at all in any of the superheroes stuff (do like Bats though).

I usually go for closed vehicles and buildings - play sets I'm kind of iffy on but if the builds are decent, I might go for it.

Also, can we use this thread as a B/S/T or would that be considered inappropriate? I have a boxed/complete Benny's Spaceship I'm willing to part with for £65 (including UK shipping) and a bunch of minifig duplicates I am really only wanting to recoup losses from rather than make a massive profit. Ebay fees really ate into my totals when I was selling off series 5 dupes a few months ago which has made me reluctant to go down that route...

What series mini figs you getting rid of matey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom