• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like UCS Sandcrawler is now crossed off my list. I wasn't going to get the Sandcrawler for the Jawas only, but a cheaper way to get them just made it easier to take Sandcrawler off my to get list.

Droid Escape Pod (75136)
Recreate epic scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this LEGO Droid

Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-2016-set-descriptions/#sthash.8EOXFPjI.dpuf
Ugh another remake set. I know that all set will eventually get remake but I feel like recently this has become quicker and quicker. I recall getting back into LEGO just couple years ago and got Sith Infiltrator and that Driod Escape Pod and both are now being reissued. Yet we have not get many other set like may be update Cloud City or Dagobah. We finally got half hearted Cantina with half of the band (and Cantina missing).

The mini set above really want me to hunt down my two missing sets. My local TRU seems to have a lot of Bakery.

wetwired

Toys R Us product page for Ghostbusters HQ!!

Toy R Us Canada entry for the LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ!
Product Description
Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases!
Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

• Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
  • Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
  • Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
  • Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!
  • Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms.
  • Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
  • Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep.
  • Price: CAD$399.99

No pics yet unfortunately

teeny

I couldn't wait until Black Friday (and I didn't really want to spend another $99 to get it), so I Bricklinked all the parts for the promotional Gingerbread House. Such an amazing little set. I'm still waiting on two pieces (a pair of orange 2x2 round tiles for the roof), but I couldn't wait to put the rest together.

I also snagged all of the current Bricktober sets. My micro town is shaping up quite nicely.

That micro town is very cool, I've been thinking about building something similar (without access to the Toys R Us sets.

That sounds awesome, but likely too rich for my blood. I think it will go into the "Maybe On Day Probably Not" wishlist with the Death Star :(

wetwired

So its an inch shorter than Palace Cinema but 4 inches deeper. Wonder what the piece count is. Sounds like it may be like the Helicarrier with a bad piece to price ratio. Does have alot of minifigs though.

Is that height for the Palace Cinema the highest extent? ie the top fo the red roof about the main door?

Ponn

Banned
Is that height for the Palace Cinema the highest extent? ie the top fo the red roof about the main door?

I dont have mine built but thats what it says on the description and they usually measure to the tippy top.

The deeper part is what intrigues me, wondering now if it wouldnt fit in a modular lineup because of that.

wetwired

I dont have mine built but thats what it says on the description and they usually measure to the tippy top.

The deeper part is what intrigues me, wondering now if it wouldnt fit in a modular lineup because of that.

Hopefully it's butted up against a wall on the left hand side leaving the right hand side a sidewalk. I'm assuming the ectomobile will fit inside as it seems stupid not to

RIP that Ghostbusters HQ will be so out of my price range. Probably for the best since I doubt I have the time to put together a modular in the first place.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Looks like UCS Sandcrawler is now crossed off my list. I wasn't going to get the Sandcrawler for the Jawas only, but a cheaper way to get them just made it easier to take Sandcrawler off my to get list.

Droid Escape Pod (75136)
Recreate epic scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this LEGO Droid

Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-2016-set-descriptions/#sthash.8EOXFPjI.dpuf

Great news! Always wanted a bunch of Jawas. I also need a few of those new Tusken Raiders.

Fowler

Ghostbusters HQ is so out of my price range too. But... I mean, this one isn't optional. I love Star Wars so, so much. But Ghostbusters is a level above and beyond even Star Wars for me. I will sell a kidney for this set if I have to. (I mean, we all come with a spare, right?)

Rootbeer

Banned
Trying to contain my excitement for the Ghostbusters set!!!!

JANG and Brickset announce they are parterning up:
http://brickset.com/article/17204

From now on Brickset will be embedding JANGBRiCKS video reviews into its set reviews, enabling readers to quickly and easily gain multiple perspectives on the set being reviewed. Meanwhile, JANGBRiCKS will be using Brickset as its primary source of set information, which will be displayed during video reviews.

willp2003

Slightly surprised the GB HQ doesn't come with the Marshmallow minifig that's coming with dimensions. I wonder if there's another set to come? If not, that dimension set is a must buy.

I'm more shocked they didn't include Walter Peck or Zool over the fricking Taxi Zombie. WTF? I kiiiiiiind of get Library Ghost, but Taxi Zombie? Over the two main villains of the movie? And when they're already including 3 other ghosts, including Slimer?

Hrm.

Surely an official reveal can't be too far away?

I'm more shocked they didn't include Walter Peck or Zool over the fricking Taxi Zombie. WTF? I kiiiiiiind of get Library Ghost, but Taxi Zombie? Over the two main villains of the movie? And when they're already including 3 other ghosts, including Slimer?

Hrm.

Yeah, pretty odd. Perhaps 1 or 2 smaller sets with these figs will appear to support this gigantic set?

Making my own Peck shouldn't be too hard and I have tons of other ghosts, so if the firehouse is all we get I'm ok with that.

wetwired

Hrm.

Yeah you'd think Gozer would be the obvious choice, I can understand throwing in the library ghost and Janine (you can't have the firehouse without her)...but the Zombie Taxi Driver? huh?

I'll be interested to see what version of Louis Tully and Dana Barrett they are, normal or Keymaster/Gatekeeper styled.

I saw on Facebook Marcos Bessa is in the US at the moment, perhaps he's there to reveal the HQ? is there any big shows coming up on the east coast? comic or toy cons or just lego shows?

the Louis is flippable from possessed to unpossessed.

its possible that they are considering a temple of zuul as a follow up, with zuul, vinz clortho, gozer and a couple of terror dog figures.

Just the temple portion in the kit but ready for some glorious madman to MOC the whole apartment building underneath.

wetwired

the Louis is flippable from possessed to unpossessed.

its possible that they are considering a temple of zuul as a follow up, with zuul, vinz clortho, gozer and a couple of terror dog figures.

Just the temple portion in the kit but ready for some glorious madman to MOC the whole apartment building underneath.

Possibly, I heard rumours of Ghostbusters sets for the new movie coming out so it wouldn't surprise me if a few from the old showed up at the same time. I'm not sure what this means for my Stay Puft in review, whether it will help or hamper my chance if it getting through. They may already have their own in the works.

Definitely getting the HQ. It's going to be like a deeper Fire Brigade. That means it won't readily fit in my layout, but I'll probably set it along a side alley or something. Hopefully they have several points to attach figures around it - it will be glorious!

No Ecto-1 or Stay Puft sounds like it will be properly enclosed too. What do you think, modular standard or Haunted House dollhouse hinges?

Too bad about Peck though, but I guess he shouldn't be hard to MOC. Him, a random City police and Emmet going to shut down the containment chamber :D

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I hope it fits in the modular street, having two fire stations is so Lego City.

Now I just need six modular police stations.

BUT its not a firestation. Its a GHOSTBUSTERS headquarters. Completely different.

ghostmind

The Force Awakens - theatrical poster - LEGO style:

OMOAKqK.jpg

ghostmind

TRU Canada Star Wars info:

The Ghost (75127)
$9.99USD/$12.99CAD

Launch into the fantastic world of collectible LEGO Microfighters with this miniaturized version of Hera Syndulla’s personal starship, The Ghost, featuring a stud shooter with extra ammo and space to sit the included Hera minifigure with blaster pistol.

• Includes a Hera Syndulla minifigure.
    Features big engines, stud shooter and an open cockpit with space for a minifigure to sit.
    Fire the stud shooter to see off the enemy.
    Includes a blaster pistol and extra stud shooter ammo. Match up with the 75128 TIE Advanced Prototype microfighter for space-themed duels.
    Measures over 1″ (4cm) high, 3″ (10cm) long and 3″ (9cm) wide.

Galactic Empire Battle Pack (75134)
$12.99USD/$15.99CAD

Take the fight to the rebels with the Galactic Empire Battle Pack, featuring a mini battle station with control console, dual stud blaster station and a detachable spring-loaded shooter, plus 3 Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Technician minifigure, each with a stud blaster.

• Includes 4 minifigures: 3 Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Technician
    Features a control console, dual stud blaster station and a detachable spring-loaded shooter.
    Detach the spring-loaded shooter to expand the battle play.
    Includes 4 stud blasters and extra ammo. Accessory elements include 2 jetpacks and 3 Imperial Stormtrooper helmets.
    Measures over 1″ (4cm) high, 3″ (10cm) wide and 2″ (7cm) deep

Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor (75135)
$24.99USD/$29.99CAD

Launch into the LEGO Star Wars galaxy of starships and iconic characters with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor, featuring an authentic colour scheme, opening cockpit, dual spring-loaded shooters, extending wings and space for the included R4-P17 Astromech Droid. Also includes an Obi-Wan Kenobi minifigure.

• Includes an Obi-Wan Kenobi minifigure, plus an R4-P17 Astromech Droid.
    Features an authentic colour scheme, opening cockpit with space for Obi-Wan to sit in, dual spring-loaded shooters, extending wings and space for an Astromech Droid. Measures over 2″ (6cm) high, 6″ (17cm) long and 6″ (17cm) wide.
    Fire the spring-loaded shooters to send enemy starships spinning.
    Includes Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber.
    Recreate the exciting opening scenes from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Droid Escape Pod (75136)
$24.99USD/$29.99CAD

Recreate epic scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this LEGO Droid Escape Pod with opening hatches, large engines at the back, space for 2 characters, and a detailed interior including a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans. Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.

• Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
    Features opening hatches, large engines at the back and a detailed interior with space for 2 characters and a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans.
    Includes 2 Jawa ion blasters.
    Recreate the unforgettable opening scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
    Measures over 2″ (7cm) high, 5″ (14cm) long and 2″ (6cm) wide with hatches closed, and over 5″ (13cm) wide when open.

Kanan’s Speeder Bike (75141)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Help Kanan sneak past the Stormtrooper on his speeder bike and hook up the containers loaded with weapons. Can he make a quick escape before they spot him? Its up to you to decide.

• Features Kanans Speeder Bike and 2 buildable, opening cargo containers.
    Weapons include Kanans Lightsaber, the Stormtroopers blaster and the Imperial Combat Drivers blaster pistol.
    Accessory elements include an Imperial Combat Driver helmet and Stormtrooper helmet.
    As featured in the Star Wars Rebels animated TV series.
    Speeder bike measures over 1 (4cm) high, 5 (15cm) long and 1 (5cm) wide, and over 10 (27cm) long with cargo containers attached.

ghostmind

Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase (76053)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Pursue Harley Quinn on Batman's Batcycle, featuring big wheels with rubber tires and rotating stud shooters. Attach Harley's hammer to her bike and fold out to knock Batman over. Her ally Deadshot has a jetpack and stud-shooting bazooka to add to the role-play action. Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

• Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.
    The Batcycle features big wheels with rubber tires, 2 rotating stud shooters and weapon holders for the Batman's Batarang and grapple-hook gun.
    Harley Quinn's bike features a big front wheel, rubber tires, adjustable exhausts and a hinged attachment point for Harley's hammer to fold out and knock Batman over.
    Weapons include Batman's Batarang and grapple-hook gun, Harley Quinn's hammer and Deadshot's stud-shooting bazooka. Includes Deadshot's jetpack accessory element.
    Batcycle measures over 1" (5cm) high, 5" (15cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide. Harley Quinn's bike measures over 3" (8cm) high, 4" (12cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide.

$400? Probably won't ever get it sadly. I'd have to not buy Lego for like 8 months to fit it in my budget. But I can say I'm excited to see reviews for it.

ghostmind

Cole's Dragon (70599)
$9.99USD/$12.99CAD

Face-off against sky pirate Bucko with Ninja warrior Cole's Dragon, featuring a posable neck, wings and legs. Free the trapped Zane' element from the special Djinn blade and ride away victorious! Includes 2 minifigures: Cole and Bucko.

• Includes 2 minifigures: Cole and Bucko.
    Cole's Dragon features a posable neck, wings and legs, golden details and LEGO elements in Cole's characteristic black and brown colours.
    Weapons include a transparent Djinn Blade with trapped Zane' element and Bucko's pirate sword.
    Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
    Cole's Dragon measures over 2" (7cm) high, 7" (18cm) long and 7" (18cm) wide.

Ninja Bike Chase (70600)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Set off in pursuit of sky pirate Sqiffy's flyer with Kai and Nya's bikes. Kai's bike features fold-out cutting' golden Ninja blades and hidden cannons/boosters, while Nya's bike is equipped with an adjustable elemental water cannon to target the flyer. Evade the flyer's bombs and battle to free the trapped Cole' element from the special Djinn blade. Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons: Kai, Nya and Sqiffy.

• Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons: Kai, Nya and Sqiffy.
    Kai's bike features big wheels with rubber tires, fold-out cutting' golden Ninja blades and 2 hidden fold-out cannons/boosters.
    Nya's bike features an adjustable elemental water cannon to target the sky pirate, rubber tires, adjustable rear flaps and golden Ninja blade details.
    Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
    Kai's bike measures over 1" (5cm) high, 5" (14cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide. Nya's bike measures over 1" (5cm) high, 5" (15cm) long and 2" (7cm) wide. Pirate flyer measures over 1" (3cm) high, 3" (8cm) long and 5" (13cm) wide.

Sky Shark (70601)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Zoom into battle against Flintlocke's Sky Shark with Lloyd using the convertible drone/jetpack. The Sky Shark jet features a dynamite-dropping function, fold-out blades, 6 detachable guns and a hidden sword, plus lots of pirate details. Defeat the sky pirate and then free the trapped Kai' element from the special Djinn blade. Includes 2 minifigures: Lloyd and Flintlocke.

• Includes 2 minifigures: Lloyd and Flintlocke.
    The Sky Shark features an opening cockpit with detailed dashboard stickers, a dropping function (to drop 2 dynamite or 2 rotten fish elements), 2 fold-out blades, plus a hidden pirate sword and 6 detachable guns.
    The Sky Shark also incorporates many pirate details including chains, anchors, 2 treasure chests, 2 barrels and 2 orange rotten fish and bone elements.
    Weapons include a translucent red Djinn Blade with trapped' Kai' element and Lloyd's golden weapon staff.
    Drone/jetpack measures over 3" (9cm) high and 1" (5cm) wide and under 1" (2cm) deep.

Jay's Elemental Dragon (70602)
$29.99USD/$39.99CAD

Target Cyren's pirate flyer with the spring-loaded shooters of Jay's fully posable Elemental Dragon. Evade the flyer's six-shooting rapid shooter and the sky pirate's harpoon hook shooter. Win the battle and free the trapped Nya' element from the special Djinn blade. Includes 2 minifigures: Jay and Cyren, plus Monkey Wretch.

• Includes 2 minifigures: Jay and Cyren, plus Monkey Wretch.
    Jay's Elemental Dragon features a ball-joint system for maximum posability, including a posable head, neck, wings, legs, feet and tail, plus snapping jaws with big teeth.
    The Elemental Dragon also has 2 spring-loaded shooters, a saddle and chain reins for Jay, golden Ninja blades and translucent blue elements. The pirate flyer features a six-shooting rapid shooter, adjustable wings and an adjustable flag.
    Accessory elements include a blow pipe and dart stored on the Elemental Dragon, plus Monkey Wretch's wrench to repair the flyer.
    Jay's Elemental Dragon measures over 4" (11cm) high, 12" (31cm) long and 11" (30cm) wide.

Raid Zeppelin (70603)
$29.99USD/$39.99CAD

Stage an aerial conflict between Doubloon's Raid Zeppelin airship and Zane's flyer. The Zeppelin is armed with a firing front cannon, 2 stud shooters and has a trapdoor function to drop barrels of dynamite (and captured Ninja warriors!). Retaliate by firing the flyer's elemental ice stud shooters and battle for the special Djinn Blade with trapped Jay' element. Includes 3 minifigures: Zane, Doubloon and Clancee.

• Includes 3 minifigures: Zane, Doubloon and Clancee.
    The Raid Zeppelin airship features a spring-activated pirate cannon, 2 stud shooters, anchor-shaped fold-out wings, trapdoor function to drop a barrel of dynamite (or minifigures), adjustable pirate flag and translucent fire elements.
    Zane's flyer features handlebars, 2 adjustable hover blades and 2 elemental ice stud shooters.
    Weapons include a translucent dark-blue Djinn Blade with trapped Jay' element, Zane's 2 golden katanas and 2 golden shurikens, Doubloon's 2 pirate swords and Clancee's broomstick.
    Raid Zeppelin measures over 5" (15cm) high, 11" (29cm) long and 6" (16cm) wide. Zane's flyer measures over 3" (1cm) high, 1" (5cm) long and 4" (11cm) wide.

Tiger Widow Island (70604)
$49.99USD/$59.99CAD

The action-play possibilities are endless with this detailed Tiger Widow Island model, featuring a tower with a Ninja mission room and opening cave, plus a falling palm tree function and posable spider. Defend the island from Sqiffy's pirate flyer and the Dogshank big figure's attacks, dropping coconuts on her from the tower and Sensei Wu's hot air balloon. Includes 4 minifigures: Nya, Cole, Sensei Wu and Sqiffy, plus a Dogshank big figure.

• Includes 4 minifigures: Nya, Cole, Sensei Wu and Sqiffy, plus a Dogshank big figure.
    Tiger Widow Island features a tower with a coconut-dropping function, vine for a Ninja to swing down from, a Ninja mission room with swinging lantern, a cave with lever-operated opening entrance and hidden crystal and golden elements.
    The island also features a bridge, ladder and falling-palm-tree function to knock over intruders.
    The pirate flyer attaches to the Sqiffy minifigure's back and has adjustable wings, blades and an attachment point for the Djinn Blade.
    Tiger Widow Island measures over 9" (25cm) high, 12" (33cm) wide and 6" (17cm) deep. Sensei Wu's hot air balloon measures over 3" (8cm) high, 1" (5cm) long and 1" (3cm) wide.

Misfortune's Keep (70605)
$79.99USD/$99.99CAD

Stage a sky pirates vs. Ninja battle with Misfortune's Keep, featuring rotating engines for launch and flight modes, fold-out cannons and disc shooters, plus a pirate jet and launchpad. Ninja Lloyd has a booster jet featuring a winch to lower Jay into battle for the golden Djinn Blade with trapped Wu' element. Includes 6 minifigures: Jay, Lloyd, Kai, Bucko, Nadakhan and Flintlocke, plus Monkey Wretch.

• Includes 6 minifigures: Jay, Lloyd, Kai, Bucko, Nadakhan and Flintlocke, plus Monkey Wretch.
    The pirate's airship/headquarters Misfortune's Keep features an opening minifigure cockpit, lever-operated rotating engines with turning Ninja-blade propellers for launch and flight modes, 2 hidden fold-out cannons, armor crate and a sky pirate flag.
    Misfortune's Keep also has a launchpad for the pirate jet. The jet features an opening minifigure cockpit, 2 stud shooters, fold-out wings and a spinning propeller.
    Lloyd's booster jet features an attachment point for Lloyd, a spinning Ninjago rotor to raise and lower the winch, and golden Ninja blades.
    Misfortune's Keep measures over 9" (23cm) high, 17" (44cm) long and 17" (45cm) wide.

Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase (76053)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Pursue Harley Quinn on Batman's Batcycle, featuring big wheels with rubber tires and rotating stud shooters. Attach Harley's hammer to her bike and fold out to knock Batman over. Her ally Deadshot has a jetpack and stud-shooting bazooka to add to the role-play action. Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

• Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.
    The Batcycle features big wheels with rubber tires, 2 rotating stud shooters and weapon holders for the Batman's Batarang and grapple-hook gun.
    Harley Quinn's bike features a big front wheel, rubber tires, adjustable exhausts and a hinged attachment point for Harley's hammer to fold out and knock Batman over.
    Weapons include Batman's Batarang and grapple-hook gun, Harley Quinn's hammer and Deadshot's stud-shooting bazooka. Includes Deadshot's jetpack accessory element.
    Batcycle measures over 1" (5cm) high, 5" (15cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide. Harley Quinn's bike measures over 3" (8cm) high, 4" (12cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide.

I'll probably wait and get this for my Deadshot fig vs the current bat boat option.

Nm, Deathstroke is in that one. Guess I'm getting them both!

ghostmind

More from JANG on the Brickset partnership:

Happy news today! The following is a press release that just went live:

Brickset, the premier LEGO set database, and JANGBRiCKS, the leading producer of video reviews of LEGO products on YouTube, today announced a partnership that will introduce new audiences to both resources and benefit the entire LEGO community.
From now on Brickset will be embedding JANGBRiCKS video reviews into its set reviews, enabling readers to quickly and easily gain multiple perspectives on the set being reviewed. Meanwhile, JANGBRiCKS will be using Brickset as its primary source of set information, which will be displayed during video reviews.
"Brickset is my favorite source for LEGO set info and news and the first place I go to research products for all of my LEGO reviews", said Bamidele 'JANG' Shangobunmi. "I also use Brickset's collection management features to track upcoming releases as well as the over 1,000 sets I've reviewed in the past. I'm more than happy to be able to use Brickset data directly in my videos and to help introduce this fantastic resource to my viewers.
“JANGBRiCKS has a huge following on YouTube so I'm pleased that Brickset will feature prominently in his videos." said Huw Millington, Brickset.com’s operator, “Augmenting our written reviews with JANGBRiCKS’ videos will allow our viewers to experience the best of both worlds on a single website.”

I've mentioned my regular use of and respect for Brickset a number of times in the past, and being able to now cooperate directly with them like this both an honor and a pleasure. Most importantly, the core goal of this partnership is to offer more content that viewers of both resources may find valuable.

The humble first fruits of this labor are already visible. Check out the first installment of Brickset's summer Bionicle reviews with my video reviews embedded, and my just-uploaded Ninjago Kai Drifter polybag review with Brickset data embedded, including spots for always-asked-for set pricing information, though this particular set happened to be a free promotional giveaway :)

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Question for my fellow Lego friends. Do you guys and gals tend to stick to one type of Lego theme or do you branch out?

I just started getting back into Lego and I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I picked up the UCS Tie Fighter and a few other Star Wars sets as well. Some of the Technic sets seem really cool, but I'm not sure if I can budget for all these cool themes.

I would really like to pick up the UCS Slave I now while it's available, should I just skip the technic sets and just focus on Star Wars?

ghostmind

Question for my fellow Lego friends. Do you guys and gals tend to stick to one type of Lego theme or do you branch out?

I just started getting back into Lego and I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I picked up the UCS Tie Fighter and a few other Star Wars sets as well. Some of the Technic sets seem really cool, but I'm not sure if I can budget for all these cool themes.

I would really like to pick up the UCS Slave I now while it's available, should I just skip the technic sets and just focus on Star Wars?

It's up to you, your preferences, and your budget.

LEGO can get out of hand quickly, from both a financial and space/storage capacity, so I advise planning out what you want to pick up.

Some of us buy everything from one or two themes, some of us grab only the big D2C sets, some of us get whatever catches our eye (independent of theme), and some of us go nuts and buy a whole lot of everything.

I would suggest picking up one moderately-priced Technic set to see if you enjoy building/collecting it, and then balancing that against any Star Wars sets you will want to pick up in the future. As someone who buys every Star Wars set, I can tell you that this theme can really get expensive very fast. However, I used to buy a lot from almost every theme, and after a few years I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of LEGO I had amassed, so I had to pare things back to what I enjoy the most.

If you don't stick to a core theme I think you'd go broke.

Modular is my central theme. Based on that, virtually everything else is at least somewhat compatible. For example, the DC and Marvel sets. The fairground stuff works as well too. I also buy sub themes like Ultra Agents and such. It all works out well and looks good together.

I made a very conscious decision early in my Lego collecting days as to what my primary focus would be.

I have also grabbed a few iconic licensed sets from Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a few Star Wars OT sets.

I just pick up whatever looks cool to me. Sometimes its a star wars set, sometime its a bionicle set, sometimes its a creator set. I usually dont buy too much of one theme though, and when i buy stuff its usually only in the $50 price range and pretty much never something more than $100, so thats the trade off of getting a variety of stuff without a large budget.

That completely depends on your ambition and resources. There's too much for anyone to be a general Lego completionist, and generally I would recommend against doing it for any specific line either. Figure out what you want to do with it. If it's for display, what kind of stuff do you want to display? How much space do you have? Do you want pieces to build your own models?

It's only if you never use the stuff you buy that it's worthless. And Lego holds its value pretty well. Also, all Lego goes together, just watch the movie and mix anything you like.

Me, I have a mix of LotR stuff, classic and neo-classic Space, Pirates, Castle, and a modular city with all kinds of random stuff thrown in, inspired by the movie.

ghostmind

So the Ghostbusters Firehouse has almost the exact same dimensions as the Haunted House, for height and width, but is twice as deep.

The Haunted House has 2,064 pieces, yet the Firehouse is rumored to have 4,600+ pieces.

Not sure how it could have double the pieces, unless there are some large accessories (Stay Puft) included.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Thank you all for the great responses! I'm going to stick with Star Wars for now to keep me within my budget as there are a few older Star Wars sets I still want to pick up before they start getting the "retired" aftermarket pricing.

Thank you all for the great responses! I'm going to stick with Star Wars for now to keep me within my budget as there are a few older Star Wars sets I still want to pick up before they start getting the "retired" aftermarket pricing.

Good choice. A solid theme displays extremely well and it's easier to collect IMO.

Fowler

Star Wars is my prime theme too, but the beauty of LEGO is that everything really does mix together quite well. I do like throwing in some other sets to mix it up and because it's fun -- like Indy and his father trying to bum a ride off the Millennium Falcon...

Ironically, while Star Wars is one of my biggest interests in general, it isn't what I heavily focus with Lego. Granted, I've got a good number of Star Wars sets, but I don't pursue it as hard as some other themes. I think that's mostly because, while Star Wars Legos will retire just like every other Lego set, Star Wars as a theme is an evergreen. I don't suspect it will ever go away. Same thing with Marvel and DC Superheroes. So for some reason, I'm more picky when it comes to those lines, because I figure that when a set is retired, something similar is likely to pop up again at some point. If I don't like the current Batwing, for example, I'm pretty sure there will be another one in a year or two that I may like better.

However, when it comes to other sets that are clearly one-off types, I'm far more eager to buy them up and even become a completionist. Themes like LotR, the Hobbit, TMNT, Ultra Agents, and LotR have been more important to me lately, as I doubt they'll be coming back anytime soon, if ever. (Agents will surely be back at some point under a slightly different name, just as it did the last few times, but it may not be as good as Ultra Agents. TMNT left for Mega Bloks, and I suspect it'll take another reboot in 10-20 years before they'd come back under the Lego fold.)

willp2003

I started off only getting Star Wars stuff, and I'm a much bigger fan of vehicles rather than play sets, so I only pick up certain sets. I also stick to original trilogy sets, as that's what I grew up with and see those as iconic.
I've since started getting a few creator sets (Mini Cooper, blue power jet, sonic boom) as I think they are great builds and better value for money. I always pick up a few sets that are going cheap, in the thought of giving them as presents to my nieces and nephew, but I've opened and built them all now!

Kyari

I mostly stick to the DC stuff, but I'll dabble in other bits and pieces if they take my fancy.

I picked up all of the SWTOR subsets from the Star Wars line for instance. Sad they didn't make more of those :(

Edit: New page, suck it everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom