• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually stick to older sets but will buy the new stuff if it fits my fancy. Quite a few of the new sets I like are Friends so I've been buying quite a few of those.

I couldn't wait until Black Friday (and I didn't really want to spend another $99 to get it), so I Bricklinked all the parts for the promotional Gingerbread House. Such an amazing little set. I'm still waiting on two pieces (a pair of orange 2x2 round tiles for the roof), but I couldn't wait to put the rest together.

2U4QhJB.jpg

I also snagged all of the current Bricktober sets. My micro town is shaping up quite nicely.

Do you mind posting how much you spent (minus shipping)? I think I already have all the parts needed except for maybe some of the caramel/nouget colors parts.

Micro town looks good when all put together like that. TRU prices and the outrageous price of those sets for $20 if don't get with purchase put me off on getting those. I think I have the parts to make most of them myself anyways.

the Louis is flippable from possessed to unpossessed.

its possible that they are considering a temple of zuul as a follow up, with zuul, vinz clortho, gozer and a couple of terror dog figures.

Just the temple portion in the kit but ready for some glorious madman to MOC the whole apartment building underneath.

Possibly, I heard rumours of Ghostbusters sets for the new movie coming out so it wouldn't surprise me if a few from the old showed up at the same time. I'm not sure what this means for my Stay Puft in review, whether it will help or hamper my chance if it getting through. They may already have their own in the works.

I'm more shocked they didn't include Walter Peck or Zool over the fricking Taxi Zombie. WTF? I kiiiiiiind of get Library Ghost, but Taxi Zombie? Over the two main villains of the movie? And when they're already including 3 other ghosts, including Slimer?

Hrm.

Surely an official reveal can't be too far away?

Since they are making the massive Ghostbusters HQ, my bet is they will a set for the finale. I never thought LEGO would do the HQ. It would have a brick built Stay Puft scaled down, Zuul, and all the good stuff. "Battle damaged" Ghostbusters too.

Ponn

Banned
Thank you all for the great responses! I'm going to stick with Star Wars for now to keep me within my budget as there are a few older Star Wars sets I still want to pick up before they start getting the "retired" aftermarket pricing.

Dont worry, stick around here and your wallet will be crying enough as you get into other themes. The best you can do is try and limit yourself to 2 or 3 lines at a time. I've tried to live by that rule but i've still picked up Ninjago sets this year.

God I hope that piece count on GB HQ is true. Im also hoping it comes with a taxi for the driver. Good news about the possible Zuul set. If not Wetwired may have to sell another custom fig set like his X-files customs.

Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase (76053)
$19.99USD/$24.99CAD

Pursue Harley Quinn on Batman's Batcycle, featuring big wheels with rubber tires and rotating stud shooters. Attach Harley's hammer to her bike and fold out to knock Batman over. Her ally Deadshot has a jetpack and stud-shooting bazooka to add to the role-play action. Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

I always am looking forward to the $20-$25 Super Hero sets. Only thing that bothers me in this one is we get yet another Batman, unless there's something unique about his design or print.

Cole's Dragon (70599)
$9.99USD/$12.99CAD

Face-off against sky pirate Bucko with Ninja warrior Cole's Dragon, featuring a posable neck, wings and legs. Free the trapped Zane' element from the special Djinn blade and ride away victorious! Includes 2 minifigures: Cole and Bucko.

How the heck are they gonna fit a dragon and 2 minifigs in a $10 set?!?
I imagine the dragon will be much like the Chima Legend Beast $10 sets.

LEGO is killing my wallet with all these never ending Ninjago sets.

Question for my fellow Lego friends. Do you guys and gals tend to stick to one type of Lego theme or do you branch out?

I just started getting back into Lego and I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I picked up the UCS Tie Fighter and a few other Star Wars sets as well. Some of the Technic sets seem really cool, but I'm not sure if I can budget for all these cool themes.

I would really like to pick up the UCS Slave I now while it's available, should I just skip the technic sets and just focus on Star Wars?

Have 1 main theme, and if budget permits get other stuff you like. There will be no shortage of interesting sets outside of your main theme. The issue is being able to afford and store all the loot.

Welcome back. It gets worse the 2nd time around...

8460519926_89ecdde56e.jpg

I could see them doing a general Ghostbusters line, since the reboot is just called Ghostbusters again it's not like they can't just call the theme "Lego Ghostbusters" and have it include sets from all three films. They did it with Toy Story!

I'd like the see the Firehouse HQ, Gozer's Temple, Ecto-2 (basically an updated version of the Ideas set but with Slime Throwers and light grey suits), then the Ecto-1 from the new movie, and Ecto-2 Chase with Chris Helmsworth's character on the motorcycle, and then maybe one or two more sets from the new movie. Maybe a facade of the new Ghostbusters HQ, since it's not a firehouse this time and it's not nearly iconic enough to warrant a big USC style set.

The banner at the top would say "Lego Ghostbusters" on the left and then on the right it would either have Lego versions of the classic GBs, GBII versions, or the four girls from the reboot, to help prevent confusion.

To quote Venkman "That's what I heard"

Hehehehehe "Yes, it's true. This man has no penis."

His "well that's what I heard!" makes me laugh so hard every time

Yeah you'd think Gozer would be the obvious choice, I can understand throwing in the library ghost and Janine (you can't have the firehouse without her)...but the Zombie Taxi Driver? huh?

I am ashamed of myself for saying Zool instead of Gozer. In my defence I was falling asleep but I feel being the fan that I am that there's no excuse and I am ashamed.

Since they are making the massive Ghostbusters HQ, my bet is they will a set for the finale. I never thought LEGO would do the HQ. It would have a brick built Stay Puft scaled down, Zuul, and all the good stuff. "Battle damaged" Ghostbusters too.

I've wondered if they'd do that too. Have them covered in slime, or white marshmallow goo. I was kinda thinking that since we'll have two version of all the GBs now and three for Venkman, the HQ would include a Slimed Venkman. The others would just have updated suits with the arm patch and unique hair, like the Dimensions Venkman.

The Ghostbusters HQ mentions dodging slime as it leaks through the cracks.

What do you suppose that means? A sticker? Some kind of physical effect done with lego?

What do you suppose that means? A sticker? Some kind of physical effect done with lego?

I would assume optional neon green tiles to put here and there, or part of the standard build. There was never slime at the HQ but I guess a little creative license doesn't hurt. I might let it spread around me city too if it's easy to implement :). Mood slime for everyone!

Oh, that reminds me. The alien headpiece to possess people could be useful for a ghost attack. Maybe the spare ghosts will use the Ninjago mold, othewise I could use a few of those too. And the extra spectres and banshees I got will obviously find a use too. Wow, the convergence. It's almost as if Lego planned ... this ... whole ... thing ...

Osahi

So went to the lego store today to grab something while VIP is double. Planning on a smaller set.

They have Pet Shop in stock.

Best thing is: the wife sais before I can: we better buy it now they have it.

That is why i married her.m

Also saw the winter sets on display. Smaller then i expected, so i don't feel starting with them (fiew, bullet dodged i say). I did also see Kylo's ship built. Had zero interest in that set. Now I need it.

Flick fire missile with trans neon green 1x1 cone of course!

Probably one of the new stud shooters or disc shooter with trans neon green ammo. Or maybe even just some trans neon 1x1 round plates dropping from roof or a section of wall that opens up.

EDIT: Hoping the building is done in beautiful dark red color. It'd be a double win.

TheFuzz

Guys, I came across some money after selling some other Lego (I intended on selling it) and I'm DANGEROUSLY close to breaking my "no Star Wars" rule since I got out back in 2004 and told myself I'd never go back to that theme.

Tell me not to, please. (Side note: I sold the Tower of Orthanc simply because it was just too tall to display and I'm not a huge LOTR Super fan).

I want the UCS Slave 1 and Poe's X-Wing.

halp

Guys, I came across some money after selling some other Lego (I intended on selling it) and I'm DANGEROUSLY close to breaking my "no Star Wars" rule since I got out back in 2004 and told myself I'd never go back to that theme.

Tell me not to, please. (Side note: I sold the Tower of Orthanc simply because it was just too tall to display and I'm not a huge LOTR Super fan).

halp

Search your feelings, those sets are meant for you.

neonglow

While making my LEGO purchases at Toys R Us to get this week's Bricktober set, I found a ton of the previous weeks sets on shelves. They should be in abundance like last year.

I ended up buying the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ since Toys R Us seems to be the only place selling it now. This set is gonna be a sleeper set that everyone will miss out on.

While making my LEGO purchases at Toys R Us to get this week's Bricktober set, I found a ton of the previous weeks sets on shelves. They should be in abundance like last year.

I ended up buying the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ since Toys R Us seems to be the only place selling it now. This set is gonna be a sleeper set that everyone will miss out on.
Agreed. Such a fantastic set that not only looks great on display, but is a great build and has tons of play features. This year's Silver Mine Shootout in my opinion.

wetwired

GB2 dark grey suits would be nice to have as a variant in the firehouse rather than slimer/marshmallowed suits of the original. Complete with slime blowers.

TheFuzz

You need UCS Slave 1. But get Red Five Sex Wing first since it is about to disappear.
Eh, I only buy minfigure scale sets, and the black/orange color scheme appeals to me more. ESB is one of my all-time favorite movies so the Slave 1 is kind of a no-brainer.

I've also considered the Ferris Wheel and Mixer since I collect modulars. Only problem is the FW has such a large footprint I'd have a hard time finding space for it.
I figure if I limit myself to certain SW ships a simple additional lack shelf would suffice for storing them.

Eh, I only buy minfigure scale sets, and the black/orange color scheme appeals to me more. ESB is one of my all-time favorite movies so the Slave 1 is kind of a no-brainer.

I've also considered the Ferris Wheel and Mixer since I collect modulars. Only problem is the FW has such a large footprint I'd have a hard time finding space for it.
I figure if I limit myself to certain SW ships a simple additional lack shelf would suffice for storing them.
Ferris Wheel > Mixer. And a smaller footprint too.

ghostmind

halp

D6FAJFp.gif

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
You need UCS Slave 1. But get Red Five Sex Wing first since it is about to disappear.

I went to my Lego store tonight to actually buy the Slave I and low and behold they actually had the Red Five X-Wing available so I snapped it up. I believe this month is the end of life for it so I'm glad I was able to find it. I will pick up the Slave I down the road as it will still be around for a bit.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Do you mind posting how much you spent (minus shipping)? I think I already have all the parts needed except for maybe some of the caramel/nouget colors parts.
I would, but I also ordered a mess of other bricks along with the Gingerbread House parts (Wall-E neck fix, some minifigures for my kid, a few various other pieces). So I'm not exactly sure how much it cost other than it was well below the $100 needed to get the set from TLS.

Micro town looks good when all put together like that. TRU prices and the outrageous price of those sets for $20 if don't get with purchase put me off on getting those. I think I have the parts to make most of them myself anyways.
Yeah, I'm no fan of TRU's prices, but my love of the micro towns overpowers that. I was able to talk a TRU employee into selling me the hotel without the $75 purchase, and I found the bakery on eBay for $25 shipped. The other two sets I got via the "legit" route. I bought Wall-E and a LEGO Classic box for the train station and the City Spaceport for the micro TRU (I luckily had some coupons and store credit to help bring down the cost of the overpriced Spaceport).

Ravek

Banned
Ferris Wheel is super redundant on Bags 3 and 4. I love the set, but that second half of the build was rough.

Slave 1 was fun the whole time for me.

tuffy

Those gondolas though...

"Here's the same build in three different colors, then do it 4 times per color."

Such a cool end result, but there's some assembly lines needed toward the end.

Experien

Warning for all on the main GAF thread on the trailer, could be possible spoilers in there if you are trying to stay spoiler free.

Other than that the trailer was breathtaking and I'm just ready for it to be Dec 18th.

Pssh, "real fans" go see it December 17!

I kid, but excited that I got my tickets.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Pssh, "real fans" go see it December 17!

I kid, but excited that I got my tickets.

lol, I don't know how many loops, refreshes, and website crashes I had and then I started seeing Monday as the first available date. Luckily the smaller theater in town just had their tickets go online so I snagged it for 10:00 AM on the 18th and I'm happy with that. I just want to SEE it I could care less about La-Z-Boy chairs or 3D.

ghostmind

Tickets in hand for the 7:00pm showing on December 17th.

Over 38 years after seeing the original "Star Wars" in the theatre with my father, I get to share this Star Wars for a new generation with my son.

Over 38 years after seeing the original "Star Wars" in the theatre with my father, I get to share this Star Wars for a new generation with my son.

I would have tickets if the websites would work.

It always says, "Processing" and then when the next screen finally loads it says, "Your session for these tickets have timed out."

Well, if they made a site that actually worked, it wouldn't time out.

BAH! I will save IMAX for second viewing. Will just buy local tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the 17th but it's gonna be madness. I'll just wait to see it over the weekend with the family.

Opening shows are the best. The crowds are super excited, which adds to the energy of the showing. Also, they are usually the best behaved. If someone misbehaves or acts out of line, they run the risk of getting cut from the rest of the audience.

willp2003

We've booked tickets for the 00:01 viewing in the UK. Can't wait!
Back to Lego. Hadn't built or bought anything for a while so grabbed all 3 Weldo mixels last night. Made the max build and thought it was great. Loads of good pieces as well.

Fowler

Off-topic, but the old GB Firehouse playset I had as a kid had grates on the roof and in all the floors so you could drip the (included) bucket of slime through the building. It was awesome.

(And probably toxic!)

willp2003

Some more set descriptions (don't think Ghostmind posted these):

LEGO Super Heroes Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase (76053)

Pursue Harley Quinn on Batman’s Batcycle, featuring big wheels with rubber tires and rotating stud shooters. Attach Harley’s hammer to her bike and fold out to knock Batman over. Her ally Deadshot has a jetpack and stud-shooting bazooka to add to the role-play action. Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, Harley Quinn and Deadshot.
The Batcycle features big wheels with rubber tires, 2 rotating stud shooters and weapon holders for the Batman’s Batarang and grapple-hook gun.
Harley Quinn’s bike features a big front wheel, rubber tires, adjustable exhausts and a hinged attachment point for Harley’s hammer to fold out and knock Batman over.
Weapons include Batman’s Batarang and grapple-hook gun, Harley Quinn’s hammer and Deadshot’s stud-shooting bazooka. Includes Deadshot’s jetpack accessory element.
Batcycle measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 5″ (15cm) long and 2″ (6cm) wide. Harley Quinn’s bike measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 4″ (12cm) long and 2″ (6cm) wide.

LEGO Technic Race Kart (42048)

Reach breakneck speeds with this authentic replica of a real-life race kart, featuring a purple and orange colour scheme with racing stickers, working steering and gearbox, detailed engine with moving piston and a racing seat that tilts to reveal the working transmission. This robust 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model can be rebuilt to create a Track Car for a double build-and-play experience! Digital 3D building instructions for both models are available online.

Features a sleek, authentic design, wide rims with slick racing tires, working steering and gearbox, detailed engine with moving piston, fuel tank, foot pedals and huge exhaust pipes.
Check out the purple and orange colour scheme with sporty racing stickers.
Tilt the racing seat to reveal the working transmission. Zoom around the racetrack.
2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Track Car.
Track Car measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 9″ (25cm) long and 4″ (12cm) wide.

LEGO Technic Mine Loader (42049)

Head underground aboard this authentic replica of a real-life mine loader, featuring a yellow and black colour scheme, versatile working grabber, detailed engine with moving pistons, articulated central steering mechanism and huge tires. This rugged 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model also includes a cargo element, and can be rebuilt to create a Mine Cutting Machine for a double build-and-play experience! Digital 3D building instructions for both models are available online.

Check out the classic yellow and black colour scheme.
Interactive, 3D Digital LEGO Building Instructions app available online for both A and B models.
2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Mine Cutting Machine.
Mine Cutting Machine measures over 4″ (11cm) high, 15″ (39cm) long and 5″ (13cm) wide.

LEGO Technic Drag Racer (42050)

Wheelie from the start line to the finish with the high-powered Drag Racer, featuring a vivid-blue and black colour scheme with flame stickers, working steering and a detailed V8 engine with moving pistons. The body shell of this is robust 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model can be lifted to reveal the chassis, exhaust pipes and working transmission. Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) for motorized driving and wheelie functionality. Rebuild into a Supercharged Dragster for a double build-and-play experience.

Features a huge, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons, working steering, huge rear tires, giant rear spoiler and large exhaust pipes.
Check out the vivid-blue and black colour scheme with flame stickers.
Raise the body shell to reveal the detailed chassis, exhaust pipes and working transmission. Activate the wheelie function to pull long wheelies!
2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Supercharged Dragster.
Supercharged Dragster measures over 7″ (19cm) high, 23″ (60cm) long and 7″ (18cm) wide

LEGO Technic Heavy Lift Helicopter (42052)

Call in the mighty 2-in-1 Heavy Lift helicopter with an array of intricate technical details and motorized functions, including contra-rotating rotors, opening loading ramp and cargo bay doors and a working winch. This model also features movable elevator and rudders, a multidirectional nose wheel and a buildable cargo accessory. Comes with an orange, white and gray colour scheme. Rebuilds into a Tandem Rotor Helicopter. Includes a LEGO Power Functions motor for an array of motorized functions, including contra-rotating rotors, working winch, and opening loading ramp and cargo bay doors.

Features huge double rotors, 2 large engines, movable elevator and rudders, buildable cargo accessory and a multidirectional nose wheel.
Start up the contra-rotating rotors and prepare for takeoff. Lower the winch and lift the cargo. Lower the winch and lift the cargo.
2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Tandem Rotor Helicopter.
Tandem Rotor Helicopter measures over 7″ (19cm) high, 31″ (80cm) long and 19″ (49cm) wide

LEGO Creator Propeller Plane (31047)

Enjoy the nostalgic charm of this classic Propeller Plane, featuring a red, white and black colour scheme, spinning propellers, retractable wheels and an opening cockpit with room for a minifigure (not included). This 3-in-1 LEGO Creator model can be rebuilt to create a hydroplane or a helicopter for a treble build-and-play experience. Both alternative models can accommodate a minifigure (not included).

Features spinning propellers, retractable wheels and an opening cockpit with room for a minifigure (not included).
Check out the red, white and black colour scheme.
Lower the wheels and make a perfect landing.
3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a hydroplane or a helicopter.
Helicopter measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 10″ (26cm) long and 7″ (20cm) wide.

LEGO Creator Lakeside Lodge (31048)

Have fun at the Lakeside Lodge, featuring a red, brown, green and blue colour scheme, balcony, wall lamp, campfire, water lilies, wood-chopping area and a pine tree, plus a detailed interior with a stove, bed and table. This 3-in-1 LEGO Creator model can be rebuilt to create an observatory or a small cabin. All models fold out to allow access to the interior. Includes a male minifigure, plus a moose and a frog.

Includes a male minifigure, plus a buildable moose and a frog.

Features a Lakeside Lodge with stove bed, table, outdoor wall lamp, campfire, water lilies, wood-chopping area and a pine tree.
Fold out the model to access the detailed interior. Use the axe to chop logs for the campfire.
3-in-1 model: rebuilds into an observatory or a small cabin.
Small cabin measures over 3″ (10cm) high, 5″ (13cm) wide and 5″ (13cm) deep.

LEGO Juniors Police Helicopter Chase (10720)

Join the police and be a hero with the LEGO Juniors Police Helicopter Chase, featuring a helicopter with spinning propellers, an ATM and accessories. This LEGO Juniors set offers an easy start to building with the LEGO brick for ages 4-7, with easy-to-assemble models featuring iconic reality-based hero adventures. Includes 2 minifigures: a police officer and a crook.

Features a police helicopter with seat, opening door and window, searchlight and spinning propellers, plus an A™ with opening door on the front.
Quick-start elements get the play started sooner.
Easy-to-follow building instructions also included.
Helicopter measures over 3 (8cm) high, 4 (12cm) long and 2 (6cm) wide.
A™ measures over 1 (4cm) high and under 1 (1cm) wide and 1 (2cm) deep.

LEGO Juniors Iron Man vs. Loki (10721)

Loki is trying to steal the cosmic cube, but here comes Iron Man in his super-fast car! Can our hero use his special powers to defeat Loki? Only you can decide! Jump into the world of super heroes with LEGO Juniors Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man vs. Loki. Build a hero, be a hero!

Includes Iron Man and Loki minifigures. Features Iron Mans super-fast car, with rolling wheels. Includes cosmic cube container.
Features Iron Mans super-fast car, with rolling wheels. Includes cosmic cube container.
Bigger base piece to make building and play easier.
Includes Lokis magic scepter. Includes easy-to-follow building instructions.
Car measures over 1 (4cm) high, 3 (9cm) long and 2 (6cm) wide.

Osahi

Hah! Ticket in hand for the 8.30PM showing on the 16th!

Sometimes being a European has it's perks. (Films release here on wednesdays). Wanted to go as soon as possiblbe, but knew the afternoon sessions would be loaded with kids as wednesdays afternoons they don't have school.

After I bought the tickets I saw there were even morning showings, starting at 9.30... Could've gone to that one. But alas. I'll have to wait 11 hours more.

Looking forward to grabbing some more sets after the film releases, Im curious what other ships they'll have in the film and do in Lego (apart from the allready known B-Wing)

teeny

Hah! Ticket in hand for the 8.30PM showing on the 16th!

Sometimes being a European has it's perks. (Films release here on wednesdays). Wanted to go as soon as possiblbe, but knew the afternoon sessions would be loaded with kids as wednesdays afternoons they don't have school.

After I bought the tickets I saw there were even morning showings, starting at 9.30... Could've gone to that one. But alas. I'll have to wait 11 hours more.

Looking forward to grabbing some more sets after the film releases, Im curious what other ships they'll have in the film and do in Lego (apart from the allready known B-Wing)

After losing my shit at the trailer for a wee while, this was my next thought. Hopefully they won't hold anything back as it felt like they did for the first wave.

I really really hope this film is good. I don't think my heart could take it if it wasn't.

After the hype I went to see what sets I want from the new movie. Of course I want all of them.

But they are priced incredibly high. $80 for Poe's X-Wing?

In comparison to Luke's for $50 (which I got for $35 with a messed up box at Wal-Mart), Poe's is...way too high. I can't justify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom