• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRU is running a sale on quite a few LEGO right now. Ninja Turtles, Chima, Ultra Agents, LEGO Movie, and Pirates themes all appear to be 30% off until Dec 19th.

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11386391

All sold out of Ultra Agents Ocean HQ. At 30% off MSRP, that was a steal. Congrats on any that got the last possible batch available at retail at or below MSRP. That boat is ultra awesome.

Took a few quick pictures of my Lone Ranger sets now that they're all done!

Aww. Okay, thanks!

Nice photos. The vintage style fits nicely with the theme.

TheFuzz

All sold out of Ultra Agents Ocean HQ. At 30% off MSRP, that was a steal. Congrats on any that got the last possible batch available at retail at or below MSRP. That boat is ultra awesome.

Of course... Didn't get a chance to grab the HQ but it's prolly for the best I suppose.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just stopped by TRU to look around and see if anything caught my eye. I'm tempted to get Pirates at 30% off, especially since they connect together and would likely make a cool display, but I'm still not totally convinced that I should get anything from that theme.

I also saw Final Flight of the Destiny's Bounty displayed... and oh my goodness it just shot up to the top of my want list. I kind of wanted it already but I usually don't go for vehicles, but seeing it in person and seeing how massive and gorgeous it was, I must buy it.

I also really want the Heavy Haul Train.

Looks so good! I've got all those as well, but I've yet to put together a single one! #AFOLproblems

Thanks guys!

rokkerkory

YESSSS MERRY XMAS TO ME FROM MY GF!!!

this set was SO HARD TO FIND unless you wanted to pay extra

12341254_10153717143043758_4228865962807529667_n.jpg

Brickset is now listing 75144 Snowspeeder as a UCS set, confirming what I heard a few months ago.

So that's 3 UCS sets for 2016?

If that's true, LEGO is really banking on Star Wars hype to sell those.

In other rumors, someone in comments section of one of the AFOL sites stated the CMF rumor list is not legit. Like all rumors, I take them with a grain of salt.

For those of you that haven't followed Iron Builder, it's a fun filled competition between two builders (top builders IMO) with a seed element that all MOCs they create must contain.

There are awe inspiring and very creative MOCs that are made.

This is the latest. See comments for the competitor's MOC entries.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2167827@N22/discuss/72157661765159666/

This entry isn't a complicated MOC, but I thought it was well executed. The seed element is the foil sword which is used as pins in this MOC.

Brickset is now listing 75144 Snowspeeder as a UCS set, confirming what I heard a few months ago.

So that's 3 UCS sets for 2016?

Ugh. Why must it be 3 things I really want? Especially the Snowspeeder. Why not throw in a new UCS Star Destroyer or an UCS AT-AT while they are at it?

For those of you that haven't followed Iron Builder, it's a fun filled competition between two builders (top builders IMO) with a seed element that all MOCs they create must contain.

There are awe inspiring and very creative MOCs that are made.

This is the latest. See comments for the competitor's MOC entries.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2167827@N22/discuss/72157661765159666/

This entry isn't a complicated MOC, but I thought it was well executed. The seed element is the foil sword which is used as pins in this MOC.
Oh, that is really awesome.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm down for a UCS Snowspeeder, and I'm hoping with it getting retired finally, I can sell the old Death Star. Just no place to display it.

Interesting to see what they're doing for a Death Star. Death Star I would be an incredibly boring build, and they've already done Death Star II.

I'm down for a UCS Snowspeeder, and I'm hoping with it getting retired finally.

Interesting to see what they're doing for a Death Star. Death Star I would be an incredibly boring build, and they've already done Death Star II.
Doesn't mean they can't improve DeathStar II. Still hoping for a new Star Destroyer.

I'm down for a UCS Snowspeeder, and I'm hoping with it getting retired finally, I can sell the old Death Star. Just no place to display it.

I'm surprised they aren't doing the starkiller base instead.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Early and long day tomorrow so I cracked open the 14th Advent Calendar box early.

It's a good one. Minifigs might suck a bit this year but between the Sandcrawler and this one at least the vehicles are nice.

It's the Falcon

Early and long day tomorrow so I cracked open the 14th Advent Calendar box early.

It's a good one. Minifigs might suck a bit this year but between the Sandcrawler and this one at least the vehicles are nice.

It's the Falcon

My son and I were super happy with the 14th. We've enjoyed the minifigs though.

Job gave me 100 bucks in gift cards to use anywhere, unsure if I should go after the last Scooby Doo set I don't have or just wait for the 1st.

teeny

It's the Falcon

Yeah, the builds are really good. This morning's was awesome, as you say.

I got the Mystery Machine and Doctor Who sets as gifts over the weekend (an early Christmas). Well happy, but am probably not going to get time to build them until Christmas (and 2 weeks off yay!). I'll be getting Wall-E on the 26th as well, so I'm going to have a fun week or so :p

I might pop down to ASDA to see if they have put any more of the series 3 microfighters out... I might get the battlepacks too :p

Job gave me 100 bucks in gift cards to use anywhere, unsure if I should go after the last Scooby Doo set I don't have or just wait for the 1st.

If you aren't that sure, then you don't want that last Scooby Doo set that badly. Who knows, it may go on sale eventually. The fact you are asking, you should probably wait.

Hellers

Yeah, the builds are really good. This morning's was awesome, as you say.

I got the Mystery Machine and Doctor Who sets as gifts over the weekend (an early Christmas). Well happy, but am probably not going to get time to build them until Christmas (and 2 weeks off yay!). I'll be getting Wall-E on the 26th as well, so I'm going to have a fun week or so :p

I might pop down to ASDA to see if they have put any more of the series 3 microfighters out... I might get the battlepacks too :p

I really like the Mystery Machine set. It was fun to build. I like the finished product of the Tardis but it was pretty boring to build and feels pretty flimsy. Looks amazing though. Especially with Benny stood on the roof.

teeny

I really like the Mystery Machine set. It was fun to build. I like the finished product of the Tardis but it was pretty boring to build and feels pretty flimsy. Looks amazing though. Especially with Benny stood on the roof.

That's good about the Mystery Machine. I was kind of down on the final build when I saw it in the shop, but have warmed up to it considerably.

Shame about the Tardis but I think the subject matter will keep me entertained! I hope we get some more Who sets in the future, outside of Dimensions. A proper Dalek set would look great next to Artoo and Wall-E.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

It's the Falcon

Definitely a great build. When I opened it I was like oh great, one of those shitty E1-3 spacecrafts. It wasn't until I put the last part into place that I realized what it was.

teeny

I think the builds are definitely more complex this year, even though 2014's calendar felt amazing and had good minifigures too. I'm opening these along with 2012's and it just does not compare. Had a weapon rack in that today :p

Ryuuroden

Should be on new thread real soon, what was the decided name? "One brick, many dimensions" as a nod to the many media platforms it's on now as well as a pun?
Can also refer to all the different shapes of lego that have been released over time based on conectability to the original brick styles. I bet more meanings can be pulled from it.

MXRider

Should be on new thread real soon, what was the decided name? "One brick, many dimensions" as a nod to the many media platforms it's on now as well as a pun?
Can also refer to all the different shapes of lego that have been released over time based on conectability to the original brick styles. I bet more meanings can be pulled from it.
If we can get something all caps it would be great because it makes finding the thread easy.

That's good about the Mystery Machine. I was kind of down on the final build when I saw it in the shop, but have warmed up to it considerably.
I appreciated the build more when I built it with the thought of expanding it to fit the whole gang. After seeing how it was built then looking at pictures from the cartoon, I realized I loved the shape they got and didn't want to compromise it. I may try something bigger later but I would use bigger tires and windshield to keep the ratios similar.

teeny

I appreciated the build more when I built it with the thought of expanding it to fit the whole gang. After seeing how it was built then looking at pictures from the cartoon, I realized I loved the shape they got and didn't want to compromise it. I may try something bigger later but I would use bigger tires and windshield to keep the ratios similar.

Now I want to build it first :p I wonder if you could modify the 10220-1 VW Camper Van somewhat.

Just subscribe to the thread dude!

Subscribe? I have a tab permanently open :p

ghostmind

I still need to finish the new OT. As for title, the dimensions play is cool. I was thinking "DARKNESS! NO MONEY!" If others liked it.

I like this a lot, especially since OT5 will be the thread leading into the LEGO Batman Movie, which is releasing on February 10, 2017. Using OT4 as a guideline, we will probably make it close to the film's premiere before we move to OT6.

blIaBK2.gif

Found Poe's X-Wing on warehouse, so I guess I wasn't done buying for 2015 after all.

Just checked my 9493 and the stickers are already cracking and turning to dust. I have white residue on my fingers. I'm not using stickers any more.

ghostmind

I got a delivery today

EttT9kw.jpg

Sweet! I just put together the Gingerbread House yesterday - kind of astounded that they gave this away for free.

I'm still going back and forth on the BBT set - I'm not a follower of the show, but there are so many nice pieces (printed and otherwise) there.

And of course you know my thoughts on that LEGO Movie set.

Hellers

The Gingerbread is such a fantastic build. Save it for Christmas eve.

Perfect plan. I think I'll do that. i've got a few little sets to build as well. A castle, pirates and a couple of Star Wars microfighters.

I'm going to get Lego Dimensions when I get paid next week.

Are there some smaller new Star Wars sets coming out soon? I fancy some new Star Wars stuff but the ones that interest me the most are too expensive and the cheaper ones seem pretty dull.

Osahi

Stupid question: does the lghtbrick have an 'on'-mode, or do you have to keep it pushed in? Just built the Winter Toy Shop and can't keep the light on without touching the button.

Love the set though. Great built, lovely techniques!

Ya, I loved the gingerbread house. It's a nice color too although I don't have any other medium nougat so not sure yet what to do with the pieces.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, after the mixup with TRU.com sending me the Agents Mission HQ (which I decided to keep), I was browsing around my local TRU today to pick up the new stormtrooper polybag, and I found an Ocean HQ on the shelf. So... decided to snag it too so now I have both. Yippie. I think that's all I want from this theme though. I have to stop with these impulse buys! January is almost here!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just received the awesome 2015 Employee Gift set. (sorry for the crappy 4S pics)

ooooh Borkum is a tiny island in my home area, a tiny little place in northern Germany :D Never would have expected an East Frisian thingie made of Lego, that's amazing!

Even if it's quite unlikely, if someone would want to part with that, please let me know!

TheFuzz

Im trying again, but if anyone has an extra Gingerbread House I would love to swap it. I've got an extra Holiday Train if anyone is interested. Really hoping someone here has an extra they'd part with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom