• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Complete Batman CMF set complete. Grabbed a handful from a Target, and felt at home. Took a half hour at a LEGO store yesterday to feel for the rest. Took forever to find Catman.

Complete Batman CMF set complete. Grabbed a handful from a Target, and felt at home. Took a half hour at a LEGO store yesterday to feel for the rest. Took forever to find Catman.

Nice. The toughest for me was King Tut but that was because he had been cleaned out for some reason. 30/30 for me, including intended extras.

The new chess 40174, with 1304 bricks for 55 USD/EUR, aims for the top places in (regular) price per brick

http://brickset.com/inventories/40174-1

8x 16x16 plates - Dark Bluish Gray
64x 1x4 tiles - Black & White each
68x 1x2 tiles - Black & White each
8x 2x8 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
12x 1x10 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
12x 1x12 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
Dark Red, Dark Blue, B&W 2x2 and 2x1 curved slopes,...

so generally bulk numbers of pieces you don't get in Classic/Creator sets a lot
Dat parts pack!

After the re-issue of UCS X-Wing, Snowspeeder and Falcon, logic dictates a re-issue of

latest

to follow.

BAH! We just had a TIE. We need a new UCS Y-Wing or Star Destroyer. Star Destroyer please!

I wouldn't have a problem with a UCS Star Destroyer.

I am more interested with what they'll do with the next Star War UCS playset since both Assault on Hoth and the "revamped" Death Star have been so poorly received.

Most AFOL want UCS Cloud City but this would represent a serious risk for TLG if they don't put Bessa on the job.

I wouldn't have a problem with a UCS Star Destroyer.

I am more interested with what they'll do with the next Star War UCS playset since both Assault on Hoth and the "revamped" Death Star have been so poorly received.

Most AFOL want UCS Cloud City but this would represent a serious risk for TLG if they don't put Bessa on the job.

I think the new Best Star was poorly received because it had extremely minor changes from the previous one plus a $100 price increase. Yes, I know it is still fine considering inflation, but those played into it. However, if it aint broke. But the dream Death Star is a fully detailed exterior that then opens like a doll house to reveal the interior fun details.

And yes, UCS Cloud City is something I have been wanting since coming out of the dark ages.

I think the new Best Star was poorly received because it had extremely minor changes from the previous one plus a $100 price increase. Yes, I know it is still fine considering inflation, but those played into it. However, if it aint broke. But the dream Death Star is a fully detailed exterior that then opens like a doll house to reveal the interior fun details.

And yes, UCS Cloud City is something I have been wanting since coming out of the dark ages.

Tbh, I would happy to get a Cloud City set on the scale of Jabba's Palace or the Mos Eisley Cantina set from a couple of years ago. Something better than crappy Carbon Freeze Chamber currently in circulation.

There is an interesting IDEAS project from Cloud City which may coincidentally get made into a set in a couple of years, after it is officially rejected for license infringement.

I think inflation is a poor excuse. We dont attribute inflation to price per piece. 10 cents is still the expected value. Just cause the set is old doesn't mean that ratio should go up if other sets dont. The thing is still made of lego bricks.

I think inflation is a poor excuse. We dont attribute inflation to price per piece. 10 cents is still the expected value. Just cause the set is old doesn't mean that ratio should go up if other sets dont. The thing is still made of lego bricks.

But other new sets can be designed to use smaller parts. This had to basically use as much materials. See also: the newer Quinjets and the Milano.

ghostmind

Canadians!

Mastermind Toys promo, from Jan 26th to Feb 12th: one free LEGO Batman Movie CMF with $40 LEGO Batman or DC purchase.

TRU promo, from Jan 27th to Feb 2nd: $8 Cineplex LEGO Batman Movie voucher with $50 LEGO Batman or DC purchase.

Canadians!

Mastermind Toys promo, from Jan 26th to Feb 12th: one free LEGO Batman Movie CMF with $40 LEGO Batman or DC purchase.

TRU promo, from Jan 27th to Feb 2nd: $8 Cineplex LEGO Batman Movie voucher with $50 LEGO Batman or DC purchase.

Thanks for posting this!

Mastermind periodically gets really strange polybag exclusives so I'm hoping that one of the odd ones will trickle down to locations like TC-4 did.

Does anybody know of any LEGO Dimensions sales going on in Canada right now? My kids have gotten really into it and I want to pick up some of the older packs. They're constantly fighting over who gets to play Wicked Witch (our only flying character).

Taisaijin

Welp, trump wants a 20% tax on Mexican imports to pay for his wall. Guess if this goes through, Lego prices will go up 20%. :/

They just need to do what a lot of tariff dodging companies do - ship the parts to another country for assembly!

Also, a quick scan of seal codes, most of my sets are coming from Billund and the Czech Republic (and CMF / Assembly Square from China.)

Welp, trump wants a 20% tax on Mexican imports to pay for his wall. Guess if this goes through, Lego prices will go up 20%. :/

I was thinking about this and the fact that most games and movie discs are pressed there. Bright side is I can focus on my embarrassing backlog of sets, movies, and games.

Ponn

Banned
Technically, isn´t it US customers paying for the wall?

Eeeeeeeeyup. If you want avocados and limes for Cinco De Mayo you better get em early and freeze that shit.

Jokes on him, he could have paid you half the price to build it out of Lego. You probably would have even included some SNOT work for free and some cool old school space theme shit.

Osahi

Are you going to line up? I saw the lines at the opening on Leicester Square and it was insane. But I guess it might be a little bit less crowed down under.

In other news, I finished my first Lego Batman Movie set: The Scutler.

Pretty sure it will end up high on my top 10 list in 11 months. This set has everything. A cool looking model, a great and interesting build, an amazing array of minifigs (Poison Ivy!), and some nice playfeatures too. A bit to many stickers to my taste (but I'm getting pretty good at applying) and Joker can't stand upricht with his long cloth sleeves (a CMF-plate helps), but those are the only two minor grievances I have.

Can't wait to dig in deeper in this series. Arctic Roller should be next, as it is only available trough Lego here, so it's no use waiting for a price drop. Batmobile, Jokers Lowerider and Clayface will follow.

BahamutPT

I decided (a couple weeks ago) to build a UCS Super Star Destroyer.
I've been getting a healthy stream of packages every day and I'm a few Bricklink orders away from having all needed pieces.
Should have them all by this time next week, although some engine pieces may or may not take longer (those were hard to find and are coming from far away). Super excited to start working on it!

wetwired

Are you going to line up? I saw the lines at the opening on Leicester Square and it was insane. But I guess it might be a little bit less crowed down under.

I'm gonna show up at 9am when it opens, I plan to get at least 1 PAB cup, joker car, catwoman chase and the joker balloon set. I've bricklinked all the minifigs from the batcave, the riddler and mr freeze so I won't be buying those sets, I intend to buy the poison ivy minifig at some point too.

They apparently have 500 of this set for orders over $200 so hopefully I can snag one.

retail-box-image.jpg

Australia is less densely populated than the UK so hopefully i have a good chance of getting one

If anyone has been holding off on the Lego DC DTV movies, I saw that Best Buy is running the promo where buying select copies gets you $8 toward tickets for The Lego Batman Movie.

BahamutPT

Just when I thought all my purchases were done for a while, a few minutes ago I got an email from Toys r Us telling me they had some sets 50% off.
Grabbed the FO TIE Fighter (€38.99) and the Naboo Starfighter (€37.49).

Fortunately I already bought Captain Rex's AT-TE a while ago, as that was also 50% off, at €74.99 (it's already gone).

Andrin

I'm gonna show up at 9am when it opens, I plan to get at least 1 PAB cup, joker car, catwoman chase and the joker balloon set. I've bricklinked all the minifigs from the batcave, the riddler and mr freeze so I won't be buying those sets, I intend to buy the poison ivy minifig at some point too.

They apparently have 500 of this set for orders over $200 so hopefully I can snag one.

retail-box-image.jpg

Australia is less densely populated than the UK so hopefully i have a good chance of getting one

Nice!
I managed to get two of those as well as the three promo minifigs they had at the official opening ceremony for the Stockholm store (which was held six months after it actually opened).
I also managed to win Jestro's Volcanic Lair from the VIP raffle they held :)

Supermarket here had 40% off on a few Nexo Knights and Star Wars sets. Was almost thinking of getting Darth Vader or the Resistance X-Wing, but I'm all out of space right now so I'm not even sure I could find a place for the parts.

magawolaz

I decided (a couple weeks ago) to build a UCS Super Star Destroyer.
I've been getting a healthy stream of packages every day and I'm a few Bricklink orders away from having all needed pieces.
Should have them all by this time next week, although some engine pieces may or may not take longer (those were hard to find and are coming from far away). Super excited to start working on it!
Super jelly! Always wanted to build one, but the price is totally out of my range (and I'd rather not buy a clone.. although they are very tempting).
Is it cheaper through Bricklink orders? (no need for specific figures, just wanna get an idea)

BahamutPT

Super jelly! Always wanted to build one, but the price is totally out of my range (and I'd rather not buy a clone.. although they are very tempting).
Is it cheaper through Bricklink orders? (no need for specific figures, just wanna get an idea)

Haven't added everything up, but should be around 450€. It's not too far from RRP (399.99), so I'm happy.

I searched for low prices but not the absolute lowest ones (the auto-finder wasn't much help in my case).
Unfortunately I couldn't source many pieces from within Portugal as either the prices were too high (enough to surpass shipping costs from other EU vendors) or they didn't have enough pieces to be worth it.
And I didn't order the minifigures, due to the rumored Bounty Hunters set apparently coming out this year. Admiral Piett is too expensive, having been released only with this set. And I already have a Vader figure. But what I really care about is the ship itself.

Koren

Came back with Assembly Square tonight... Dark ages felt great :/

Unfortunately I couldn't source many pieces from within Portugal as either the prices were too high (enough to surpass shipping costs from other EU vendors) or they didn't have enough pieces to be worth it.
There's a super-expensive store in Portugal (which also has a minimum of >60€) that I remember for having almost every rare item available. I'd be curious to see thee stock...

papluh

Came back with Assembly Square tonight... Dark ages felt great :/

There's a super-expensive store in Portugal (which also has a minimum of >60€) that I remember for having almost every rare item available. I'd be curious to see thee stock...

If it's the same guy that was dominating my Auto-Finder tries until I blocked him.
Was helping a LUG member to Brickling a MOC modular and we could get like 95% or more items just from him. But it would cost around 800 Euro. I blocked him, and we got down to around 360 Euro including shipping in 5 different orders around EU.

I have a feeling the tactics to get to top of the Auto-Finder picks and make huge margin on BL users that can't play the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom