• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Amazon has the Batman Movie Dimensions story pack on preorder sale for 29.99. Don't know for how long, really good deal and the pack comes with a Robin and Batgirl fig. I plan on using the build to expand the Batcave set.

941763-kclz50.jpg
BEHOLD my package!

Yeah, Bats was dead at one point and various sidekicks and a couple of baddies wanted to take his place, it was called Battle for the Cowl and it mostly sucked (but the main batman story around that time was brilliant)

new shelf sorted at the weekend so picked up Assembly Square today. feelsgoodman

Interesting. Is that the storyline where Bats was traveling around time (where we got cave Batman and a few others)? Grant Morrison was the write I believe. I've been out of comics for over 10 years.

Interesting. Is that the storyline where Bats was traveling around time (where we got cave Batman and a few others)? Grant Morrison was the write I believe. I've been out of comics for over 10 years.

battle for the cowl was what dc threw at some other authors to keep them busy and sell other bat-books while grant morrison had bruce in limbo.

i never actually read it, personally. i got the vibe it was filler and just went straight from Final Crisis/ RIP to morrison writing Dick-bats and the time travel story itself, Return of Bruce Wayne.

kapowza

that's the one. Morrison's whole run is amazing. Well worth picking up.

Ryuuroden

Is that based on any game or comic? It's a Batman Two-face mashup it seems.

Give me Composite-Superman! Look it up, you'll want it two as it's 50% Batman and actual comic canon.

Please give LEGOGAF a heads up on any parts you plan on wiping out on Bricklink so we have a chance. Also, aren't you doing a steampunk thing too?

The steampunk project is a multi year project. Right now I have been amassing parts for it by way of lugbulk. I am on year 2 of lugbulk ordering for it. I just put in another 20,000 plus piece order for this year's. It took multiple years of amassing parts before I really got into building Orthanc as well. I do have various prototyping sections built in order to figure out what I need.

Just saw Moana. Now it is dufficult to resist to that ocean voyage set... Is it still cheap at amazon? Anyone got it and can say sinething to make me NOT buy it?

Ponn

Banned
a certain youtube person posted that blurry small calendar pic of the PoTC set. From what can be seen I think it could possibly be as big as Sea Cow but longer. It has strong potential to be a set of the year.

a certain youtube person posted that blurry small calendar pic of the PoTC set. From what can be seen I think it could possibly be as big as Sea Cow but longer. It has strong potential to be a set of the year.

Excited. But hopefully it would not be too much expensive. Black Pearl was $99 and Queen Anne's Revenge was $119 at the time, right? How much will it cost by your guesses?

Also, PICS!

Excited. But hopefully it would not be too much expensive. Black Pearl was $99 and Queen Anne's Revenge was $119 at the time, right? How much will it cost by your guesses?

Also, PICS!

$250-300. I came back to LEGO just in time to miss Imperial Flagship. I NEED a new massive ship. Real bad.

$250-300. I came back to LEGO just in time to miss Imperial Flagship. I NEED a new massive ship. Real bad.

That would be incredible but also probably out of my range to get it by March/April (ideal would be $150-$180).

Heck, but even Imperial Flagship was $180 (but not licensing, so I see).

I am probably going on a several month sabbatical on buying sets. Going to CA in May to see my brother for a week (and U2! FINALLY!) and need the money.

But the latter half of the year will probably be me going hog wild.

On a different note, my Ra's Al Ghul set finally showed up. The Batman CMF trade is complete! Thanks guys!

Ponn

Banned
Sorry guys I figured you would know who I was talking about, heres link. I'm never sure about posting links except for Jang's. We need a LegoGAF youtube channel.

Ponn

Banned

Well he IS in charge after all.

Huh. Judging from the logo and figure display boxes, it doesn't really strike me as a huge set.

From the description its going to have a lot of figs which is usually a sign of a big set. Ships can be deceiving but i'm looking at the back end of it and that reminds me of Queen Anne or Sea Cow which were fairly large but the added length compared to the Sea Cow makes me feel it will be large. Along with being a D2C set. I don't know, i'm hoping its a biggin. We will find out in a couple weeks.

I don't really want to bring up the topic of fake Lego again, but the boss of the new Chinese factory didn't know the difference between a fake and real minifig!
Not sure if non-U.K viewers will be able to view this.
Was on BBC news this morning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38729557

It works over here.

The distance is the big issue, from that faraway it is tricky. Also not being able to dissasemble before choosing makes it difficult. No shame in not knowing from that distance.

I am probably going on a several month sabbatical on buying sets. Going to CA in May to see my brother for a week (and U2! FINALLY!) and need the money.

But the latter half of the year will probably be me going hog wild.

On a different note, my Ra's Al Ghul set finally showed up. The Batman CMF trade is complete! Thanks guys!
I am seeing them in May also but in Seattle. Last time I saw them was back in California like 12 years ago.

I am seeing them in May also but in Seattle. Last time I saw them was back in California like 12 years ago.

Been a life long goal of mine to see them, and am finally achieving that. Also the first concert I will see with my older brother. So tickets for that then airfare out to CA wiped out any LEGO budget for a bit of time.

It is a blessing in disguise, since I now have no excuse not to clean up the LEGO room and sort all the random crap sitting around.

Does anybody have the dimensions of the fully-built Disney Castle?

We just finished a major kitchen/main floor reno that resulted in the relegation of my modulars to our basement, but I've been told the castle will have a home if room allows.

DonShula

Does anybody have the dimensions of the fully-built Disney Castle?

We just finished a major kitchen/main floor reno that resulted in the relegation of my modulars to our basement, but I've been told the castle will have a home if room allows.

Yeah it'll totally fit. It's only like 9 inches tall.

Now you can tell your wife that and when she finds out it's wrong, you can blame the moron on the internet who gave you bad information.

Been a life long goal of mine to see them, and am finally achieving that.
Tip no. 1: Set higher goals ;-)

Built the Lance battle armor today with my kid. Very similar to the Macy battle armor, expected a little bit more variation. I can see those two new mech pieces getting old very quick. Bought one other, the Axl mech. That one can wait for a bit, since we already have an Axl.

The Knighton Castle leak looks pretty good, although it just seems to be a facade and not a real castle.

Also bought on a local Craigalist variant (Marktplaats) a classic Lego set that I had been eyeing for a while: the Legoredo fort. I hope it is like the seller described, since he didn't have good pictures. Should come in in the next couple of days. I remember being a kid and looking at this set in awe.

ADZE7hg.png

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Also bought on a local Craigalist variant (Marktplaats) a classic Lego set that I had been eyeing for a while: the Legoredo fort. I hope it is like the seller described, since he didn't have good pictures. Should come in in the next couple of days. I remember being a kid and looking at this set in awe.

ADZE7hg.png
I remember doing that too! I never had the Fort but I did have the Native camp from the following year. Think I had the street with bank/trader too.

Id kill for a Western theme revival.

Osahi

As a (lucky) kid I had all the first wave western sets of that year. I loved it. Fort was easily me favourite.

The parts and instructions are still at my parents. I should consider rebuilding the damn thing

My random Bricklink impulse buy arrived: the recent B-Wing. I'm quite happy with it. Somehow I have a fondness for this thing even though (or maybe because?) it didn't do anything in Jedi. It's just a really strange design and I still have no idea why it's called "B-Wing". The rotating cockpit is ace though, and I like some of the small detailing like the vents.

There's also some similarity to the Resistance Troop Transport, which is probably intentional.

Now how to properly make a stand for this? Should it stand vertically, horizontally or at an angle like the UCS one? Which I kind of thought about putting together, but seeing the size of this, four times the parts would make it HUGE.

BahamutPT

My random Bricklink impulse buy arrived: the recent B-Wing. I'm quite happy with it. Somehow I have a fondness for this thing even though (or maybe because?) it didn't do anything in Jedi. It's just a really strange design and I still have no idea why it's called "B-Wing". The rotating cockpit is ace though, and I like some of the small detailing like the vents.

There's also some similarity to the Resistance Troop Transport, which is probably intentional.

Now how to properly make a stand for this? Should it stand vertically, horizontally or at an angle like the UCS one? Which I kind of thought about putting together, but seeing the size of this, four times the parts would make it HUGE.

Blade Wing.

I recently got the 2006 version (6208) that comes with a hangar and allows it to be displayed vertically.
I believe you're supposed to always fold the wings down, but it's stable enough to display it with them open and I prefer it that way.

6208-1.png

Not sure if 75050 would fit though, it looks a bit thicker (Edit: maybe not).

That's such a great set - I love the pilot that comes with it. And I agree, the name makes no sense. I didn't even know what the ship was until the UCS set came out due to its incredibly limited screen time during Jedi.

I have a preference for an angled presentation, but you could switch it up and have the cockpit near the bottom of the angle...

Yeah it'll totally fit. It's only like 9 inches tall.

Now you can tell your wife that and when she finds out it's wrong, you can blame the moron on the internet who gave you bad information.

Ha, it's more of a case of whether or not I can open it now or if I need to build a shelf in the basement.

It turns out it's in the actual product description:

Over 29” (74cm) high, 18.8” (48cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep. I think that means it'll hang over the shelf a bit which might be a no-no.

That's such a great set - I love the pilot that comes with it. And I agree, the name makes no sense. I didn't even know what the ship was until the UCS set came out due to its incredibly limited screen time during Jedi.

I have a preference for an angled presentation, but you could switch it up and have the cockpit near the bottom of the angle...

Ha, it's more of a case of whether or not I can open it now or if I need to build a shelf in the basement.

It turns out it's in the actual product description:

Over 29” (74cm) high, 18.8” (48cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep. I think that means it'll hang over the shelf a bit which might be a no-no.

Hanging over a shelf might be a bad idea if there are kids around, since there's the bridge as a handy grip to pull it over.

papluh

The new chess 40174, with 1304 bricks for 55 USD/EUR, aims for the top places in (regular) price per brick

http://brickset.com/inventories/40174-1

8x 16x16 plates - Dark Bluish Gray
64x 1x4 tiles - Black & White each
68x 1x2 tiles - Black & White each
8x 2x8 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
12x 1x10 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
12x 1x12 bricks - Light Bluish Gray
Dark Red, Dark Blue, B&W 2x2 and 2x1 curved slopes,...

so generally bulk numbers of pieces you don't get in Classic/Creator sets a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom