• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I can imagine a yellow taxi being possible before too many years, or a London black cab (though that might be quite similar in techniques to the bug).

I was coming up pretty short when I was trying to think of possibilities for creator vehicles though, nothing seemed quite memorable enough.

bruh

jeep cj

IMG_0361.jpg

Cadillac eldorado

ford model T

Ford Mustang

theres a lot of iconic american cars

Ponn

Banned
lego worlds is not getting the proper recognition.

i look forward to getting it for my Switch

Yea, thats the problem for me I just can't play console games anymore. Persona 5 has been such a slog for me to play not because the game is bad (its fantastic) its just I can't do console games anymore. I'm so far behind on Dimensions sets and level packs and some new ones coming out next week. At this point i'm just getting them to finish my fig collection. If Worlds comes out on Switch i'm more likely to give it a go just like Lego City Undercover. Thats going to be my go to console going forward.

Did we finally get a list of Star Wars stuff on sale tonight in the US for May 4th? I know someone posted a link earlier but it was locked behind a message board and I just don't want to register for anymore boards.

Koren

As far as iconic US cars go, I would love to see either a Shelby Cobra or a GT 40.

Man, they should've done a Star Destroyer for Thrawn. His Chimaera even has a unique look and all.
I wish...

Chimaera would probably be the only star destroyer I would buy. Should it have (a better) Thrawn and Pellaeon (will never happen)...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dumb me forgot to check at what time they changed the daily SW deal in the past few days.
Off to sleep now, hopefully the Falcon will still be there tomorrow morning

EDIT: two leaked TLJ sets (veeery tiny and blurry pics)
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/693plc/lego_the_last_jedi_first_look_at_resistance_set/
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/693psq/lego_the_last_jedi_first_look_at_red/

That first one looks like a massive, massive set. And that looks to be a UCS plaque...

Could that be the $800 set and not a new Falcon?

to be fair the only people buying an $800 lego star wars set will probably be star wars nerds

Fair point. But you are also more likely to get some infrequent LEGO buyers to go for big dollar sets with major vehicles like the Millennium Falcon.

I've never seen this suggestion before. Has anyone tried this?
A few in here have suggested it, particularly with the Red Five X-Wing. I have yet to do it, but will try it someday.

On a different note, finally finished the Sandcrawler. Really great build, but it still left me a bit cold at the end of it. There isn't anything bad about the set, but nothing that screams out "BUY ME!"
I will say that I absolutely loved the mini droid builds at the end. That was my favorite part of the whole thing.
I am glad that I finally got it, but also glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Now to wait for Snowspeeder to go live...

ghostmind

Order placed!

Went for two on-sale sets (75171 and 75172), and got the R2 promo and 2xVIP.

Tomorrow morning I'll be picking up the Snowspeeder in-store.

Snowspeeder ordered. Now to wait for delivery. Praying they go quick and somehow get it here by Saturday so I can spend Sunday building it, but not holding my breath.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nothing too crazy here since I have most of the on sale sets and larger ships...

Picked up some battle packs and micro fighters I've been overlooking and the new battle on naboo Episode I set to score an R2

Yeah, the "sales" are pretty damn lame. It is to be expected these last few years though.

And with that order, I should get to $100 in VIP points saved up. That will take some of the sting off the Falcon later this year. Debating about ordering Saturn V and Carousel in June or waiting for double VIP just to pad the points out more.

Ugh, that annoying Y-Wing sale made it so I can't just get it for the R2.

But it did let me reconsider, I doubt I'll bother with this R2 promotion. I think I'll just save up for the Saturn V, maybe go with the Milano on Amazon since that was still 20% off last I checked.

Snowspeeder ordered. I'm so excited!! I'll probably be dropping by the lego store tomorrow afternoon but I didn't want to chance them selling out. Hopefully they'll have one built on display.

magawolaz

Euro Gaf, today's deal is the Millennium Falcon 40% off.

Managed to snag one with free R2 polybag. I don't know how long it'll last now that people are waking up

I can imagine a yellow taxi being possible before too many years, or a London black cab (though that might be quite similar in techniques to the bug).

I was coming up pretty short when I was trying to think of possibilities for creator vehicles though, nothing seemed quite memorable enough.

There's all kinds of classic iconic American cars they could do!!

Classic Mustang, Corvette Stingray, Model A, Model T, Thunderbird, one of those teal and white Cadillacs (exact name/model escapes me now), a Woody, Camaro, etc etc!

ruxtpin

Banned
No time to build. No space to build. Ordered two Scarif Battles, AT-ST, and a Stormtrooper Battle Pack. May the 4th be with everyone!

Y-wing on back order but got my R2-D2
Had to add on a Poe key chain and saw darth maul for $1.97

Will buy the snowspeeder in store later cause I'm a stickler with boxes for big sets :3

Anion

Just ordered the snowspeeder as well!

Now I need a case or curio for my:
Slave 1
X-Wing
Tie Fighter
Obi-Wan's Delta-7B

Top Bottom