• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Plum

I'm hyped for the Falcon but... I have no clue where I would put it. The kinds of sets I've built so far; modular buildings, the classic cars, architecture sets, they can all easily be put on the many shelves throughout my house for display. The Falcon, on the other hand, is going to be this huge table-sized behemoth even if they make it smaller than last time. I'd love to display it but I don't know where.

I'm hyped for the Falcon but... I have no clue where I would put it. The kinds of sets I've built so far; modular buildings, the classic cars, architecture sets, they can all easily be put on the many shelves throughout my house for display. The Falcon, on the other hand, is going to be this huge table-sized behemoth even if they make it smaller than last time. I'd love to display it but I don't know where.

Hang it on some wire from the ceiling

Plum

Hang it on some wire from the ceiling

Can't, where I live is literally 200+ years old with wood flooring and the like so drilling's out of the question and my family's tall enough that it would become a constant nuisance whilst moving around. Good suggestion, though.

Someone mentioned the BST thread before, but I'm new-ish to GAF and have no idea how to find specific threads.

Anyone happen to have a link to it?

DonShula

Can't help but think the new Falcon will be auto-skip for me. I won't have any incentive to display it over the vanilla Falcon. If it were something completely new, it would be a different story.

But that much money to display a larger version of something I already have is a real tough sell with the wife (and myself honestly).

ghostmind

New LEGO DC book with John Stewart GL minifig:

XYGBxua.jpg

Experien

One by one, LEGO is cancelling items on my order. Sometimes saying there will be a restock and other times not. Quesiton is, what will my final order be and will they still give me an R2?

Just_one

Need some advice LEGO GAF :

Got a Lego Winter Village Bakery Sealed for sale and got an offer for a trade for a Tumbler

Really on the fence (wife is not a fan of the tumble AT ALL) and we were primarly looking for a Brink Bank , Ferris Wheel or a Volkswagen T1 Camper Van.

Is it a good deal?

The solution of course is to build new addition to your house for Lego. In all seriousness half of my Lego set are still in box and one of the reason I am more selective of the set I am buying now because I really don't have anywhere to display them or do them justice.

Got a Lego Winter Village Bakery Sealed for sale and got an offer for a trade for a Tumbler

Really on the fence (wife is not a fan of the tumble AT ALL) and we were primarly looking for a Brink Bank , Ferris Wheel or a Volkswagen T1 Camper Van.

Is it a good deal?

Ooh. I have a T1 I'd trade. Tumbler is a better "value" as far as bricklink/eBay.

Is it a good deal?

You could probably sell the Tumbler for cash and get two of those three sets.

I'm in the same boat. I bought the Snowspeeder knowing I have no room for it at all and now I don't want to open it until I can figure out where to place it. I might have to do some shelf cleaning in order to make room.

Hang it from the ceiling in your living room

tuffy

I'm not looking forward to tearing down my old Falcon to make room for the new one, but that's the only place I'll have to put it. Will need to take some side-by-side photos beforehand, though.

Ponn

Banned
Can't, where I live is literally 200+ years old with wood flooring and the like so drilling's out of the question and my family's tall enough that it would become a constant nuisance whilst moving around. Good suggestion, though.

Time to get creative. Get a floating shelf and put it above your toilet. Got open space above your fridge? A new Falcon ottoman? Handy with woodwork and frames? Make a giant frame and display it top facing forward on a wall. Lego, uh, finds a way.

XYGBxua.jpg

Oh yes! I can have my JL cartoon team finally! Minus Hawkgirl. Come on Lego let's get more female heros out there. I still need Hawkgirl, Saturn Girl, Black Canary and Zatanna.

My Disney Castle is the centerpiece on my dining room table. Sounds like a good place for the Falcon. Gives an excuse not to have big family gatherings either!

R-User!

Land it under the bed and fly it to the coffee table every morning!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Time to get creative. Get a floating shelf and put it above your toilet. Got open space above your fridge? A new Falcon ottoman? Handy with woodwork and frames? Make a giant frame and display it top facing forward on a wall. Lego, uh, finds a way.

Build it into a coffee table

Edit: beaten

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm trying not to splurge too much on LEGO for a few months so I can budget for a $800 Falcon, anyone in the same boat? :) I already used up all of my VIP points late last year to get the Disney Castle, so I don't have much to take the sting off.

XYGBxua.jpg
Heck yeah! Had it pre-ordered already, but this is a nice touch.

IronRinn

I'm interested to see what the improvement to the Falcon would be. I have the first one but it's been in a box for most of the time I've owned it. Thing is too big once built to really display anywhere. I'm with others who are saying that it's probably something to do with the interior but I don't know if I would personally consider that an improvement.

willp2003

Just finished building the snowspeeder. Looks great when done, little wobbly on the stand (similar to x-wing).
Too many stickers though!

R-User!

Vol. 2 was so good that I would not be surprised if a certain set becomes SUPER POPULAR due to reasons...

I will be getting that wave next week at some point.

I can't wait for a hopefully eventual UCS Milano. It would be glorious!

golem

I'm in the same boat. I bought the Snowspeeder knowing I have no room for it at all and now I don't want to open it until I can figure out where to place it. I might have to do some shelf cleaning in order to make room.
Iim just hoarding at this point. For Star Wars have an unbuilt SSD, Slave 1, Sandcrawler and Ewok Village. Eventually I want to rotate sets in and out

DonShula

No sign that the Snowspeeder ever existed at my local Lego Store. Luckily they still had a few R2 bags left. My daughter was much more excited about that than the sets she bought in order to get it.

My store also had a suspiciously large number of Resistance Troop Transporters. I was quite tempted, but they were full price.

Have all the Rogue One sets I want now (got all the minifigs covered). Wish there was a Saw Guerrera minifig.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
One of the Denver Stores got a restock of Snowspeeders this morning. Went and got mine. Was a stack of them behind the counter.

Built. Great looking model, and I love the moving parts.

WAY too many stickers. I know nothing will stop LEGO from doing stickers, but I really, really wish they would at least stop doing stickers on transparent pieces and at least print those.

And never speak to me, or my Son, or my Son's Son again...

Congrats! Too bad about that damage box but you are still going to love that Silent Mary.

Thanks. Funny thing is that SM and Batman Dimensions came from US, so the damaged box is excusable, but the Beatle was a local order from the Lego store, came inside an huge strong box with all protections, and still is a little smashed at the top, like it was already damaged before packing... well, like I said, I would like to have mint boxes, but the most important are the builds.

BBT was a late birthday present.

If I had to choose between tumbler or shield heli carrier, which one should I get?
Tough choice. Both are very good builds, but not screaming "BUY ME NOW!"
Helicarrier is more stable and better display piece. Tumbler is smaller footprint and only way to get Ledger Joker, but also more fragile.

Gut tells me Hellicarier. Brain says BOTH!

Tumbler if you like it more than the Helicarrier.

Lay out the specifics of your dilemma and we may be able to help enable you to part with your money.

They both cost the same on Amazon, that's why I'm in such a pickle...ha.

It seems like carrier is better value but that tumbler is sexy...

Shit. If Hellicarrier and Tumbler are same price, then Hellicarrier. It normally went for $150 more than Tumbler, so it's a better deal in the end now.
Also, more unique parts to MOC with then.

Ponn

Banned

Helicarrier. The only reason they are the same price is the Tumbler is oop and those are aftermarket prices. Once Helicarrier retires the price will go up. Also the Helicarrier looks so damn good on display.

R-User!

Tumbler is the right choice:

1. Easier to display
2. Sexier
3. Ledger
4. Massive tires
5. Portability during a move

Helicarrier:
1. Maria Hill
2. Power functions optionable
3. Piece count 1/3 more
4. Bigger
5. Value

Edit: 5 would be value

Honestly not sure what 5 would be as a pro that I can think of.

Lucias would tell you which one to pick and you know which one that would be...

The correct answer is below:

both

Sent you a PM Phon...

Top Bottom