• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets speculate on Bungies incubation project. Will it be exclusive, PC too and even Xbox?

yurinka

The new studio will be in PS Studios, not Bungie. This means full console exclusivity and pretty likely PC port around 2+ years after launch. Unless it's a GaaS (being a new incubated team I think it won't), in that case the potential PC version may be released day one.

Bungie didn't specify the size of the people who moves to the new studio, but doing some math the number is around 68 people. Add there some new people they may hire now to start the studio. We're talking a size similar to Team Asobi, Bluepoint or a pre-Returnal Housemarque even before starting the studio.

A size of around 70 for the lead dev team means the game already is in production, pretty likely have been working on it for a year or two. Maybe since aprox. they signed the acquisition back in early 2022.

I think it may be a PS6 launch window game.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Will there be an Xbox console in 2030 for that to happen?
MS is trying to ditch the brand by making a handheld device.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It will be at least pc and playstation day one.

But, with the way the industry is going anything is possible. It might be on iPad

Ozriel

M$FT
The new studio will be in PS Studios, not Bungie. This means full console exclusivity and pretty likely PC port around 2+ years after launch. Unless it's a GaaS (being a new incubated team I think it won't), in that case the potential PC version may be released day one.

Bungie didn't specify the size of the people who moves to the new studio, but doing some math the number is around 68 people. Add there some new people they may hire now to start the studio. We're talking a size similar to Team Asobi, Bluepoint or a pre-Returnal Housemarque even before starting the studio.

A size of around 70 for the lead dev team means the game already is in production, pretty likely have been working on it for a year or two. Maybe since aprox. they signed the acquisition back in early 2022.

I think it may be a PS6 launch window game.

It’s very likely a multiplayer game. PC day 1.

Gojiira

PS and PC only, its being branded as a PS Studios game, a brand new studio, I think its safe to say its going to be exclusive. Looks like Sony has fully taken control of Bungie now finally too

Frwrd

"Let’s unpack how we ended up in this position; it’s important to understand how we got here."

Quite simple, to be honest... Get your shit together with Marathon, take it back to where it belongs. Fuck an extraction shooter / hero shooter.

Bring back SP! If anything make it [optionally] PVE/Co-Op ffs.

Last edited:

yurinka

It’s very likely a multiplayer game. PC day 1.
After I saw this tweet that I had forgotten yes, I think it will be pretty likely a (at least optionally) multiplayer game. Pretty likely also GaaS, and if it is the case, then pretty likely also PC day one:

image.png

It fits with the action sci-fi gantasy description.

Apparently a team based mixture of Street Fighter + Mario + League of Legends + The Sims + whatever "frog-type games" is.

Lighthearted, comedic world = also has a Fall Guys touch.

Looks like Sony has fully taken control of Bungie now finally too
They already did it back in January 2022, when Sony bought the 100% of Bungie and turned it into a fully owned subsidiary.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When I think of bungie I think of the best halo games ever made period. Halo 3 is the best halo game ever, and my eyes tell me bungie wants to make that happen on PlayStation.

proandrad

Sony should just have them make a new Halo to compete with 343. Have them go back to what got them to the dance.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

So there was rumored MATTER also.
How many projects or half-baked projects Bungie has in the oven ?

Fully owned by Sony, Will be PS6 and PC.

sono

I will take single player with MP AI bots in a galactic scale universe shooter

K thx bi

reinking

Gold Member
The future might end up crazy where Xbox players get Bungie/PlayStation games via PC/hybrid. I doubt Sony would block this in any way other than to limit what they release on PC. MS will possibly help increase Sony PC software sales, which is one area they do need help with. Sony would have to give Steam a cut like they currently do but MS makes no money on these sales?

ZehDon

Bungie said they intended to remain multiplatform after their acquisition by Sony, and given they're being managed by Sony for failing to meet financial expectations, I can't imagine they'd release their next game on fewer platforms than intended when they were purchased.

They have to pay off their USD$4b price tag. They won't do that with another Concord.

SHA

If they’re just starting now this will be a ps6 pro launch title. Who the fuck knows what the state of platforms and exclusives will be in 7 years.
Nothing will change, consoles will take PCs place and PCs will be for hobbyists.

yurinka

Wait, so is this new project from this Bungie spin-off PS Studios team the codename Gummy Bears game that was reported as being incubated at Bungie last year?
Yes. More recently Jason Schreier also mentioned it in the article he published today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom