• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Blade Zero Developer on Xbox Version: ' No one needs this platform '

Fess

But if the next xbox plays steam games. Will it all of a sudden be easy to develop for xbox?
Will phil spencer stop lying? Will sarah bond smack that booty?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode of The X Files.
Unless Microsoft stumbles on hardware oddities devs won’t develop for Xbox, they just run the PC version on the next Xbox.

But there is talk about ARM so they will probably mess it up that way.

Last edited:

Goalus

Me thinks you don't know the meaning of eco system.
An ecosystem is a platform where customers can buy und use digital goods in a hardware-transparent manner.

A convoluted mess is a collection of digital stores each of which only work with certain hardware devices. Or even worse, if user accounts are tied to a particular hardware device and need to be "transferred" if the device is exchanged.

Even more convolution is added if digital and physical units of the same product are different SKUs with incompatible user data, or if products that are currently part of a renting service prevent the user who is subscribed to that service from buying said product.

Last edited:

NEbeast

I thought that according to some highly respected Gaffers, Xbox is going to make a major comeback in 2026?
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Not necessarily surprised. Asia doesn’t buy Xbox and the rest of the XBox community do not buy and support games. See what happens when you don’t buy and support things XBOX guys? Even Microsoft is abandoning ship. Unfortunately, it was inevitable.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Xbox being known to pay studios/publishers just to bring certain games onto their platform sure does them no favours, especially since theyre the smallest and most econimically affordable to skip.
a very overloaded ecosystem for which it is difficult to develop games.
Series S strikes again?

Last edited:

emivita

One of the developers of Phantom Blade Zero, who wished to remain anonymous, also noted that PlayStation helps a lot of studios in the area of testing. The company provides special debugging tools and even its own engineers. According to him, these employees are also helping with PC optimization alongside the PS5 version.

Wait what, if I understand correctly, is Sony doing what it should be Microsoft's job of helping with PC optimization?

Fabieter

Just dub your games for the love of God, I'm tired of Chinese NPCs speaking Chinese.

As long as there is Rockstar is still getting away with not dubbing their games, there is no need to blame any other dev to not do it.

DragonNCM

I'm not even convinced there is going to even be another actual Xbox again.

I know they have said as much, but let's be real...they are full of shit 90% of the time.
Yes...there will be many new Xbox consoles but they will be gaming PC's & not traditionally consoles.
This is MS path, play your console & PC games on same device.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Draugoth Draugoth I wasn't able to find any Chinese source about it. If you do, I can help verify if the dev really meant that in the native tongue.

Chinese devs are very fresh newcomers to console publishing, I would be shocked if they really said such thoughtlessly aggressive comments to the press.

Seems people found the source.

Tencent News source. 03 August, 00:00 GMT+8

"Nobody needs this platform" - The more direct Chinese idiom to English is: No one shows any interest in Xbox. - "无人问津." Some online translators translate it as 'No one needs it (Xbox)'

Someone check Colt Cockwood and the purple forum.

They are not talking about it

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
An ecosystem is a platform where customers can buy und use digital goods in a hardware-transparent manner.

A convoluted mess is a collection of digital stores each of which only work with certain hardware devices. Or even worse, if user accounts are tied to a particular hardware device and need to be "transferred" if the device is exchanged.

Even more convolution is added if digital and physical units of the same product are different SKUs with incompatible user data, or if products that are currently part of a renting service prevent the user who is subscribed to that service from buying said product.
So you are tying to give eco system a narrow meaning.

Cool.

so... it's catching up, if this blows up I bet the studio it's going to offer clarification:

"We want to offer a sincere apology for the misunderstanding caused by a statement made by an alleged employee of our studio. We conducted an extensive investigation and identified the responsible individual. We regret that this person said the quiet part out loud. Unfortunately, it is true and not limited to Asia"

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
8Yo3tZx.jpeg

Xbox influencers are having a meltdown... If only there was a super blogger committed to finding the truth
Do you mean the same guy that insinuated sony had a deal to keep Black Myth Wukong off of xbox?....Which the same article that this thread is refuting by the way.

Top Bottom