• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about Japanese Dramas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I hope there's a S3 and she becomes a regular. She can quit being a judge and be the opponent or better yet, the third wheel in the Komikado-Mayuzumi combo.

Aizo

Banned
Does anyone watch a lot of Japanese films (preferably in theaters)?
What's worth seeing from this year? I'm thinking of going to see Jigoku de naze warui.

Do you all post about films, too? I may start doing that since I don't really watch much Japanese television.

Kurita

I saw The Drudgery Train (Kueki Ressha) last week, starring Mirai Moriyama.
It was a bit weird but quite enjoyable.

dhlt25

I'm a bit bummed that Hanyu became evil though :(
The episode was pretty great, Komikado delivered another amazing speech.

I think the revelation at the end there kind of hint that
Hanyu wasn't all that good since the beginning, he was willing to use dirty tactics from the start

I've been watching;It grew on me as well.
I still need to watch the last few episodes.

Cool! Kimura's acting gets better. He manages to strike a remarkable balance of being a machine that grows.

I was a bit worried this show would just start losing its focus and fall apart but it stayed together pretty nicely. I watched the first 2 eps and the last 3. I need to find the middle. :x

zeroshiki

Kimura has been pretty one note since umm... Engine or so (except for Karei Naru Ichizoku). I've learned to really dislike the shows he does which are basically vehicles to show how cool he is. He needs to start doing something new.

He's basically been unseated by Sakai Masato and Fukuyama Masaharu as the top box office actor now.

Kurita

Oh there's a Saikou no Rikon SP coming.
That´s great news, it's my favorite drama of 2013. Great cast and overall a pretty fun show.
Loved Eita's performance in it.

ЯAW

Banned
Kimura has been pretty one note since umm... Engine or so (except for Karei Naru Ichizoku). I've learned to really dislike the shows he does which are basically vehicles to show how cool he is. He needs to start doing something new.

He's basically been unseated by Sakai Masato and Fukuyama Masaharu as the top box office actor now.
I hate Kimura so much! :b
He does the same role every time. Not to mention every show he does has hint of romance that will never progress anywhere. Hero was good show, but even it started to get bit repetitive and most interesting parts were among rest of the cast.

I'm going to rewatch Odoru Daisōsasen, starting now. Legendary show, I might even watch the movies, they are not so good :(

Edit. Is Hiroshi Abe making any new tv shows? Going My Home was best J-Drama of 2012 and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko was another show I enjoyed immensely, would be nice to see him in other shows. I guess he is making films only these days?

ЯAW

Banned
Legal High 09 didn't make much sense. I guess I have to wait 'till final to find out what's the deal with Hanyu is.

Edit. I'm ten minutes in Kurokouchi. While it seems like interesting enough show, I can't get pass Gouriki Ayame's look. She looks so creepy with all that make-up :b

zeroshiki

any word on what's coming next from the creators behind Mother and Woman?

You might not like the answer but the writer is also writing Saikou no Rikon :p

The staff itself only reunites from time to time. Their last 3 works were Mother, Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien (this is an SP with Mana as the lead) and Woman.

Yeah, that is on my list for next batch of Dramas I am gonna watch during the holidays.

maybe Zettai Kirashi is the one for you?

Seen already. Derp. That one's a little too far on the romance scale. Ando Lloyd has some action and science bits to keep things moving nicely.

zeroshiki

They don't really do sci-fi in dorama because of money reasons. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Q10 but thats another romance comedy. Jin involves time travel but other than the actual time travelling its a historical drama.

Galileo supposedly uses science to solve crimes but most of its phooey-science nearing science fiction so that might be up your alley.

If you want to expand towards movies, there's Platinum Data, 20th Century Boys and a bunch of other stuff.

Go_Ly_Dow

You might not like the answer but the writer is also writing Saikou no Rikon :p

The staff itself only reunites from time to time. Their last 3 works were Mother, Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien (this is an SP with Mana as the lead) and Woman.

I will have to check it out!

Cool! Kimura's acting gets better. He manages to strike a remarkable balance of being a machine that grows.

I was a bit worried this show would just start losing its focus and fall apart but it stayed together pretty nicely. I watched the first 2 eps and the last 3. I need to find the middle. :x

Yeah that was the most interesting part - how he would pull of the slow transformation from robot to human .

The middle was the best part! I can't believe you skipped it. Haha.

zeroshiki

Legal High S2 - 10 (END)

Man, great show and great ending. The final tirade from Komikado was both inspiring and hilarious. It closes up all loose ends all the while keeping the possibility of a next season very much possible. Komikado is awesome and he would be the best character on Japanese TV for the year if not for Hanzawa Naoki.

zeroshiki

Final ratings are out for Legal High S2 and its 18.4% for Kanto and 20.4% for Kansai for the whole series. The last episode got 18.9% in Kanto and 21% in Kansai. Sakai Masato is a god.

zeroshiki

S2 was scheduled before the Hanzawa boom and, without a doubt, Sakai Masato's price has gone waaaay up since then. Couple that with the general reluctance to go over 2 seasons with any series and there's a chance we might only get a movie or special.

Then again, the material does lend itself to go on forever so I'm hoping they continue.

Yeah that was the most interesting part - how he would pull of the slow transformation from robot to human .

The middle was the best part! I can't believe you skipped it. Haha.

GAAAH, I didn't skip it on purpose, I was watching it when it was on TV and I don't have a DVR. >< I was just out of the house at the time. ;_;

New Year's Resolution: get a freaking DVR and never miss my shows again.

zeroshiki

Legal high 2 finale was awesome, they had me going for while there lol. I hope there's gonna be a season 3

The final scene with Hanyu looking at the pictures had me rolling. "Oh, hey, that's sweet... oh wait, no, no, holy shit they went there!!!" hahaha

LordCanti

Legal High S2 Finale:

Koyuki (Ando Kiwa) Hnnnngggggggggggggg.

The twist was a great way to end another fantastic season. Dat Hanyu-kun
ethering and then gay turn
, dat Mayuzumi
cluelessness
, dat Ando Kiwa
who...uhh...why was she protecting the little girl again? I'm so confuuuuuuusedddd. I guess she didn't want the little girl to know that the Dad had done it in a murder/suicide attempt? I just...what?

Now to alternate seasons of Hanzawa Naoki and Legal High until I'm sick of both of them. Get on it Japan.

zeroshiki

Hanzawa only has material for half a season (1 book) :p So I'm guessing a movie.

Also, to your spoilered portion, that was the point. You don't know and don't need to know. What's important is that everything turned out ok. Komikado > Hanyu.

Kurita

That last episode of Legal High was great. Komikado is just one of my favorite fictional characters ever.
That ending with Hanyu *dead* Couldn't stop laughing.

I want a spin-off following Isogai-Tough Guy-Nice Guy.

ЯAW

Banned
Legal High 10 was good episode and dat Hanyu twist got me good. I hope we will have one more season, there is just so much potential for a third season. Especially with all that build-up we saw in the last episode. Sakai Masato is probably the hottest star in Japan right now so I'm not too optimistic about third season. Then again Abe did three seasons of Trick and handful of trick specials and movies (one more coming next year) so it's not impossible. Seems like Legal High can only get bigger at this point.

My only gripe with season two was the fact that they throwed Kunimitsu under the bus. He was supposed to Miki's ace with criminal cases. As the show went on it was clear he was just bumbling fool.

LordCanti

Hanzawa only has material for half a season (1 book) :p So I'm guessing a movie.

Also, to your spoilered portion, that was the point. You don't know and don't need to know. What's important is that everything turned out ok. Komikado > Hanyu.

I mean, yeah, that was the point, but it was less vague than Mayuzumi was making it out to be. The only person she could have been protecting was
the kid
so it either had to be that she was
the mother
or that
the Dad really had done it.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

ЯAW

Banned
Winter drama season is gearing up! What are you folks going to watch? So far I haven't found much interesting shows but I'm going to watch at least first episodes of Boku no Ita Jikan and Kinkyuu Torishirabeshitsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom