• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

I'll try the longer one I posted and if it is shit I'll go high and tight like this:

beb2e61f6be35ae5e802582fae401a9b.jpg

Kater

Banned
Kill the other subscriptions and tell Siri to press play
I don't have any other subscriptions. I'm just not that well off, so it's a question of "Do I want to pay them monthly?" since I am a bit more limited then people with a full-time job since I only work part-time.

I will keep it in mind though, I hear lots of people talking about their positive experience with Apple Music.

I don't have any other subscriptions. I'm just not that well off, so it's a question of "Do I want to pay them monthly?" since I am a bit more limited then people with a full-time job since I only work part-time.

I will keep it in mind though, I hear lots of people talking about their positive experience with Apple Music.

isn't there a trial though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It says something about the remaining credit not being sufficient? They also mention something about a trial, yeah.

Dunno. I'll look into it as I am interested in the service.

3 Month trial.

You need a credit card to activate the trial cause of the auto renewal crap but you can turn off the autorenewal as soon as you get the trial.

yepyepyep

Hey there. What films are you into, any director in particular?

Pretty much all the classic directors. Ozu, Kurosawa, Mizoguchi, Bergman, Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Bresson, Fassbinder,Chris Marker, etc

Modern directors I like are Todd Haynes, Michael Haneke, Lars von Trier, Abbas Kiarostammi, Tsai Ming Liang, Dardenne brothers, Hirokazu Koreeda

Its not all arthouse, I like the old blockbusters and genre fillms from 70s,80s,90s and dumb comedies like Anchorman and This is the End. I can't stand modern blockbusters though.

DOWN

Banned
It says something about the remaining credit not being sufficient? They also mention something about a trial, yeah.

Dunno. I'll look into it as I am interested in the service.

Or just have enough prepaid iTunes credit loaded into your account.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
androgyny = da bes

All hail the post-gender utopia.

berzeli

Banned
Pretty much all the classic directors. Ozu, Kurosawa, Mizoguchi, Bergman, Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Bresson, Fassbinder,Chris Marker, etc

Modern directors I like are Todd Haynes, Michael Haneke, Lars von Trier, Abbas Kiarostammi, Tsai Ming Liang, Dardenne brothers, Hirokazu Koreeda

Its not all arthouse, I like the old blockbusters and genre fillms from 70s,80s,90s and dumb comedies like Anchorman and This is the End. I can't stand modern blockbusters though.

Sweet. Ozu is my favourite director of all time, glad to see more pretentious asshats in this thread.

Pretty much every director you mention is someone I absolutely adore, with the exceptions of Bergman and and von Trier and two who are on my must-get-around-to-watch list Ming-liang and Bresson. Sad to see no mention of my future husband Xavier Dolan (like, if you want it bad enough it will happen right?), and if you haven't already you should probably check out Lynne Ramsay. I think her films would be right up your alley.

what flaw tbh

We aren't necessarily the most aware moral agents and to become more aware might require that we ask other kinds of questions not necessarily related to personal preferences. The matter of how to treat people might also fall under one subset of morality (say, manners) and not the broader subject, which might require something a little more rigorous like basic principles or axioms or something (not necessarily that, but that's the thought of a lot of ethical theories). It's a good thing aphorisms don't have to be perfect to be useful though, because I'm sure none of them are.

VegiHam

what flaw tbh

We aren't necessarily the most aware moral agents and to become more aware might require that we ask other kinds of questions not necessarily related to personal preferences. The matter of how to treat people might also fall under one subset of morality (say, manners) and not the broader subject, which might require something a little more rigorous like basic principles or axioms or something (not necessarily that, but that's the thought of a lot of ethical theories). It's a good thing aphorisms don't have to be perfect to be useful though, because I'm sure none of them are.

Yep. Basically what Umop says.

For example, if I'm a doctor asked to circumcise a baby. If someone wanted to go at my dick with a knife I'd say "hell no!" so I shouldn't do it right? But if I was a parent and I was asking for my religious or cultural traditions to be respected and my doctor ignored them I'd be pissed off. So I should do it?

Or in a more common example; someone asks 'do these pants make me look fat?'
What I would want done unto me, if I was asking, would be honest truth so I could make informed purchase decisions. So if someone looks fat in something and they ask me if they do, should I tell them they do? Often, people are asking because they want reassurance about their appearance, not information.

Don't do stuff to people if you wouldn't want them to do it to you is a good sort of general guideline but there are a lot of situations with ambiguity and nuance where it becomes difficult to see what action you ought to take. It doesn't tell you who's preferences to prioritise if they may conflict; and it relies on the idea that my desires and yours will correlate closely when often we may have entirely different motivation and preferences in similar seeming situations.

To be crude, many of us are tops; with relationships based on doing unto others that which we would not want them to do unto us, for example.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

oh

btw I watched a short film last night that reminded me of you. "Limit Cycle" by Hideki Futamura.

yepyepyep

Sweet. Ozu is my favourite director of all time, glad to see more pretentious asshats in this thread.

Pretty much every director you mention is someone I absolutely adore, with the exceptions of Bergman and and von Trier and two who are on my must-get-around-to-watch list Ming-liang and Bresson. Sad to see no mention of my future husband Xavier Dolan (like, if you want it bad enough it will happen right?), and if you haven't already you should probably check out Lynne Ramsay. I think her films would be right up your alley.

Ozu is sooooo good. Everytime I watch his films I am moved emotionally and it is done so subtlety and without excess sentimentality. And I love Setsuka Hara's performances, perhaps my favourite actress.

I've heard of Xavier Dolan but I have never seen any of his films. To be honest I probably avoided because, superficially ,it looked like his films were giving me Sofia Coppola vibes, a director I don't like. But if you recommend I will check out his works. He is very attractive too ;)

I've seen We Need to Talk About Kevin by Ramsey and I liked it. Haven't seen her earlier work. I think she is in directing limbo because she walked out on a film shoot or something.

Bresson is great but a bit of an idiosyncratic director. The first time I saw a Bresson I was a bit perplexed and I still am at some of his films. I would recommend Au Hasard Balthazar, it has a lovely Franz Schubert piece that underscores the narrative.

Ming-liang is probably a love or hate it director. The first film of his I saw was Stray Dogs last year at a film festival; half the audience left but I was entranced! lol
Very minimalist and slow paced; his films remind of Chantal Ackerman's Jeanne Dielman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom