• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean seriously guys...
tumblr_n7zosakhVy1rrr5oio1_500.jpg

wtf
tumblr_mvvuuoXj9t1qbz72ro3_1280.jpg

antoniobanderaslaptop.gif*
He's my personal 10/10. Like, I literally cannot fathom keeping my bearings if I were in the same room as him.

931922c5d39a976c708e5e38c35870a4.gif

That everything.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's a shame. I'm too self conscious to participate myself anyway, but I'm sure they are a lot of fun.

EDIT- Whoa, Seath, I know he has a bf, but that doesn't mean we can't get our Skype on.

There is fun and obviously less censorships. They talk a bit about everything and there is slutty moments from time to time. It's a pretty neat place.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
There is fun and obviously less censorships. They talk a bit about everything and there is slutty moments from time to time. It's a pretty neat place.

I assumed it was a text chat, rather than audio or video calling. Is that right?

Kevyt

That's a shame. I'm too self conscious to participate myself anyway, but I'm sure they are a lot of fun.

EDIT- Whoa, Seath, I know he has a bf, but that doesn't mean we can't get our Skype on.

Lol jk.

More Down stans in the chat is always great tbh! :D

Yoo Camilla, how do you feel about your boy Down having stans (stalker fans) in here?

Mouahahahaha. :p

Camillelang

Neo Member
Lol jk.

More Down stans in the chat is always great tbh! :D

Yoo Camilla, how do you feel about your boy Down having stans (stalker fans) in here?

Mouahahahaha. :p

I am talking to him about this on the phone right now and he says it has already gone to his big idiot head

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want someone to give me vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, citric acid, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc.

One of these days...
ac69c4cb20.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I want someone to give me vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, citric acid, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc.

One of these days...
ac69c4cb20.gif

I'll pray for you.

0aov4po.gif

Camillelang

Neo Member
There is his horrible NSFW disgusting gif me and Down found (aka I found it and showed it to down and he sent it to me and always brings it up) and if i post it or even a link to it I will get banned

3phemeral

Am I wrong for thinking that Death Note is an interesting idea mired by endless exposition, dumb secondary characters, and a very inadequately designed game of "chess"? I feel like the characters don't earn any victories, hurdles are easily solved and the one woman smart enough to solve the puzzle is easily thwarted by an implausible song-and-dance that appeals to her vanity? "She's a woman, after all"/"You're young and beautiful"

Does it get any better after episode 8?

Am I wrong for thinking that Death Note is an interesting idea mired by endless exposition, dumb secondary characters, and a very inadequately designed game of "chess"? I feel like the characters don't earn any victories, hurdles are easily solved and the one woman smart enough to solve the puzzle is easily thwarted by an implausible song-and-dance that appeals to her vanity? "She's a woman, after all"/"You're young and beautiful"

Yes and then it gets worse with the second half.
But I thought it started off well.

I was never able to fully watch animes. Always got tired a few episodes in. I remember finishing Pulla something Madoka Magica(?) in like 2 sittings when I was a junior in high school and was just like I'm never doing this again lol

It, like Cowboy Bebop, is one of those anime that is mind-blowing when you're 16 years old.

As an adult, though, all you notice is the poor writing, aimless characterization, and avalanche of cliches.

Everything that people like about these shows comes down to their strong direction/soundtrack. That's it.

come at me otakuuuuuuuus

3phemeral

::relieved::

I was thinking I might encounter some pushback considering years ago Death Note was always sold to me as amazing and one of the best of the genre. It popped up as recommended today and I figured it was a sure bet but I was sadly disappointed.

Why does the Death God even care that he's caught eating an apple, compelled to search for hidden cameras for Light despite his neutral position in the grand scheme?

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away remain unbothered.

I'll check out Utena. I tried looking for Ping Pong but there was only some live-action thing. I gave Gurren Laggan a shot but the fanservice, homophobia (one of the brothers threatens to murder an effeminate guy for flirting), and a small tribe shames a girl into wearing a robe because she's considered lewd even though the guys are equally half naked.

Maybe I'm too uptight these days. >.<

::relieved::

I was thinking I might encounter some pushback considering years ago Death Note was always sold to me as amazing and one of the best of the genre. It popped up as recommended today and I figured it was a sure bet but I was sadly disappointed.

Why does the Death God even care that he's caught eating an apple, compelled to search for hidden cameras for Light despite his neutral position in the grand scheme?

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away remain unbothered.

I'll check out Utena. I tried looking for Ping Pong but there was only some live-action thing.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/ping-pong-the-animation/home

Ping Pong rocks. For another relatively recent series with strong direction (and a high school setting trolol), I adored Flowers of Evil, though I'll admit that due to the unique style it tends to be pretty divisive.

Yay! If you're in the US, Ping Pong is available subbed on Hulu plus.

It is also available on Youtube, legally. On Funimation's channel. Or on Funimation.com. Both free.

edit: Flowers of Evil was certainly interesting. I need to rewatch it sometime.

3phemeral

Ping Pong rocks. For another relatively recent series with strong direction (and a high school setting trolol), I adored Flowers of Evil, though I'll admit that due to the unique style it tends to be pretty divisive.

Yay! If you're in the US, Ping Pong is available subbed on Hulu plus.
Thanks so much! I look forward to binging these shows soon.
Nah, I've watched far more anime than anyone would or should be willing to admit to in polite company, and I find Gurren Lagann as well as this trend in general pretty grating. It is one of the reasons I haven't seriously watched anything in a year or two.
Sad to see it's so trendy that I can randomly pick an Anime on Netflix and they contain all of these problems in some capacity. I just have fond memories back when I was an avid fan several years ago. This past week I've been itching to discover something enjoyable while recovering from a cold and everything on Netflix boils down to exactly these things I find so distasteful now.

I also sort of recommend Chihayafuru. It isn't a fantastic show, but I find Karuta itself interesting. Season 1 was really enjoyable to me. I think the quality kind of tanked in Season 2 though.

Thanks so much! I look forward to binging these shows soon.

Be warned about Utena.

1. It is an old show. Might be hard to find it....
2. It is a weird show.
3. It is the sort of show that I feel warrants a rewatch. But it is also like 39 episodes, which is a bunch of time.

edit.

1. Nope.... easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom