• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because I have shit going on in my life, it makes me mentally deranged? Fuck you. Calling someone mental who, in fact, does suffer from a mental disorder is really fucking low. I told you I'd apologised to them both and acknowledged I was the prick in all this.

You need to chill out, stop posting about your personal life, and just take some time away from GAF. From what I've seen, you ask for advice, get mad when people call you out on your questionable actions and then attack people. Doesn't seem very productive for your situation.

Everyone has shit going on, believe me. But if I acted this way towards people when I was going through my cancer issues, I wouldn't blame them for not giving me the time of day.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've killed someone before but it was a long distance kill with a sniper rifle so does that even really count?
Exfsfxy.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just ended my best friendship of 8 years just now and I feel empty inside.
She said I wasn't interesting anymore to hang out with anymore.
I want to cry.

I need a hug and someone to talk to. :(

Ugh, how shitty. Sounds like you're better off though, to be honest. If you ever want to talk, my pm box is always open <3

Are there any Invader Zim fans here? I LOVE the show but been outta the loop. A buddy went to comic-con and got me all excited saying that they revealed a revival for the show, but all I see when search google is a new comic issue for it. (Still awesome, but that's not exactly a new season on TV.)

I used to be obsessed with Zim but that was way back when it was still airing. I kind of feel like they missed the boat, interest wise, on doing a comic - it would have been cool a few months after the show was cancelled, but it's far too underwhelming at this point. I think the only thing that would truly excite me would be a revival in cartoon form.

I've posted in one of these before but I never came back lol. But I'm back now, and will probably lurk about in this thread a lot. Hello!

Welcome back!

Symphonia

Banned
I'm taking a break from LettersGAF. I'm quite clearly not welcome or appreciated here, and often find myself facing vindication from a number of people on a regular basis. I'm genuinely sorry for being a nuisance or bother to everyone here.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If I have some pretty specific questions about certain STIs and am not having any luck with getting answers after doing lots of online research, does anyone have any suggested resources? I don't really have a general physician at the moment and regardless would like to get answers sooner than later. Ideally, I would like to talk to someone, in person or over the phone, who is knowledgeable (and that I can trust to be knowledgeable) about prevention/tranmission/treatment. Also, perhaps obviously, it'd be great if they were very clearly LGBT-friendly.

Edited to be a bit more realistic with my "ideal."

Shokifer

On another note, why do people bother telling kids they'll go blind if they masturbate. They should just tell them their piss will go in two directions because it fucking does and it's awful.

Berordn

On another note, why do people bother telling kids they'll go blind if they masturbate. They should just tell them their piss will go in two directions because it fucking does and it's awful.

"If you jerk it you have to pee sitting down. Forever. Also, friction burns can happen in the least likely of places."

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
Going to my first drag show on Thur..

I'm a straight guy and intimidated :O

My girlfriend took me on my first "party in the gayborhood" experience like 2 weeks ago and I was like the belle of the ball.

It was a mess.
Her friend grabbed my hand as we walked and his friend pulled her away, leaving us walking together hand in hand...She was ANGRY. The friend who pulled her away was saying how good a couple me and him looked and by 3 drinks I'd be open to things.
I got touched a few times from behind, had people tell me to my face "Oh, your gay", hit on ALOT.
She would swoop in and steal me away from being hit on...I had no idea till one guy said as she did it "Well, that just ruined my night"

I get it I guess...but I felt kind of worn out by the end of the night.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
The motto of pretty much everyone on the internet.

lol I wasnt.

But my first ever night out as the only straight guy in the group wasnt craaazy. The touching, constant barrage of pick ups, comments thrown at me as I walked by etc..

royalan

I'm taking a break from LettersGAF. I'm quite clearly not welcome or appreciated here, and often find myself facing vindication from a number of people on a regular basis. I'm genuinely sorry for being a nuisance or bother to everyone here.

Speaking as a mostly-lurker, I think you should stay and post whatever the hell you want and let the gurls who are going to be mad be mad. Because what I read on the last two pages was nothing but cruel and unnecesary, even for this thread.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
I know. I just thought that for a joke it was amazingly accurate and then i got sad.

I wasnt intimidated, just the feeling of being like a conquest or a piece of meat kind of wore me out.

I honestly can say I think I know what its like to be the pretty girl around a bunch of drunk guys lol

Kevyt

My girlfriend took me on my first "party in the gayborhood" experience like 2 weeks ago and I was like the belle of the ball.

It was a mess.
Her friend grabbed my hand as we walked and his friend pulled her away, leaving us walking together hand in hand...She was ANGRY. The friend who pulled her away was saying how good a couple me and him looked and by 3 drinks I'd be open to things.
I got touched a few times from behind, had people tell me to my face "Oh, your gay", hit on ALOT.
She would swoop in and steal me away from being hit on...I had no idea till one guy said as she did it "Well, that just ruined my night"

lol I wasnt.

But my first ever night out as the only straight guy in the group wasnt craaazy. The touching, constant barrage of pick ups, comments thrown at me as I walked by etc..

Where is this place? I wanna go! I wanna get hit on constantly and touched inappropriately!!!

Because the places I go to no one ever does... It's like I'm a ghost. :(

Speaking as a mostly-lurker, I think you should stay and post whatever the hell you want and let the gurls who are going to be mad be mad. Because what I read on the last two pages was nothing but cruel and unnecesary, even for this thread.

I'm not sure we saw the same exchanges being made here today, but okay, sure.

Biforce can post whatever the hell he wants, but the way he goes about it in this thread is all wrong. I don't think someone should go into ANY thread, ask for advice, be aggressive when the advice given is not what they want to hear, attack people for it and then play the victim card. It's not productive or beneficial for Biforce in any way. He needs time away from the internet or GAF in general for his own well being.

Speaking as a mostly-lurker, I think you should stay and post whatever the hell you want and let the gurls who are going to be mad be mad. Because what I read on the last two pages was nothing but cruel and unnecessary, even for this thread.
What'd you read on the last 2 pages that was cruel and unnecessary?
tumblr_ndo3fjrKIZ1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

royalan

I'm not sure we saw the same exchanges being made here today, but okay, sure.

Biforce can post whatever the hell he wants, but the way he goes about it in this thread is all wrong. I don't think someone should go into ANY thread, ask for advice, be aggressive when the advice given is not what they want to hear, attack people for it and then play the victim card. It's not productive or beneficial for Biforce in any way. He needs time away from the internet or GAF in general for his own well being.

At what point in this last exchange did he attack someone who wasn't already attacking him?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to be a Scout Leader? Looks like now you can! Well, as long as [insert religious organization here] doesn't say no.

Thanks for your initial response to my question. I hadn't thought about what you suggested. Unfortunately, that won't work with my current location and means of transportation, but it's definitely something I'll keep in mind for the future. I ended up doing more research, and I think I found most of my answers. I unfortunately don't have any advice for the question you asked—I'll PM if I learn anything.

It was a mess.

Not to be too serious...but that sounds pretty terrible to me. I mean, what your girlfriend's friend did just mostly sounds like a joke that wasn't very funny, so that's whatever. The other stuff, though... In my experience, being hit on is fine if they can take no for an answer. Also, it's not fun to have people touching you without permission or telling you that you are things that you aren't. I'm really sorry you experienced this. I'm sure no one meant any harm, but that still sounds like an exhausting and frustrating night.

Where is this place? I wanna go! I wanna get hit on constantly and touched inappropriately!!!

Because the places I go to no one ever does... It's like I'm a ghost. :(

People might be too shy to talk to you. Do you ever try to make the first move? Sometimes, I feel sucky because I feel ignored at an event, and then I realize "Oh wait, I'm not giving anyone any attention either."

daripad

Remember also that beauty is subjective, as well as contextual. I know that when I lived in Cali I often felt like I was California Ugly(tm), and that's when I looked like this. On a hook-up app like that (I assume, since I'm not exactly within the userbase for grindr :p) people are probably going to use their absolute best pictures, and the audience for that sort of thing tends to self-select. You're probably not as unattractive as you think or feel there.

If you use this to spur yourself on to self-improvement, that's great - but don't worry too much about using the average guy there as your absolute standard. (In my experience, there are also probably dudes you'd be attracted to who are also attracted to whatever your current body type is. That's one nice thing about apps like grindr and tinder, I suppose.)

Firstly, OMG you are really super duper pretty.

The problem in my case is that I have very low self esteem (as you can probably detect in my posts) and I'm super insecure about my body as a result. I'm not saying that I can't be good looking though, I bet that with a good body I can be at least average and it would make it easier for me to date people, since no one would bat an eye on me while fat and there were girls that flirted with me when I was at my thinnest (which was only a year ago and the girls that found me attractive were very good looking), so I only have to take care of my body in order to get better results.

The Queers Left Behind: How LGBT Assimilation Is Hurting Our Community's Most Vulnerable

Over a decade ago, this powerful subsection of the LGBT community decided that the fight for marriage equality would be the modern cornerstone of the gay rights movement -- and for good reason. Marriage is an institution of respectability. The fight for gay marriage suggested that the gay community had grown up, left its radical past behind and was ready to join mainstream society as a reputable partner. It dismantled the hypersexual, flamboyant gay stereotype and replaced it with a more wholesome image that mainstream America found more palatable.

It was also an assertion that the gay rights movement had reached an important milestone, transcending basic issues of health, safety, economic security and social stability.

But the problem is, it hadn't. Over 20 percent of all LGBT youth are homeless, and 40 percent of all homeless youth are LGBT. 58 percent of queer homeless youth have been sexually assaulted. 64 percent of transgender people make less than $25,000 per year. 41 percent of transgender people and 62 percent of queer homeless youth have attempted suicide. And 10 transgender women have been murdered in the U.S. so far this year.

And yet, as middle and upper class gays poured time and money into the fight for gay marriage, these and other less marketable LGBT issues were largely forgotten. The number of queer youths on the streets rose. Violence against transgender people increased. And the gap between the 'mainstream' queer community and its fringes grew. As one gay, black and homeless youth on Pier 45 told me, "It's like once they had marriage equality it's like, 'Nah, we don't feel your pain any more, sorry.'"

Is this to be the brave new gay world?
b3DuRqY.gif

halfbeast

Banned
if you wanna get touched inappropriately go to a foam party. I've seen those on MTV (I think) back in the day, when the channel was about music. one day I've noticed they had one here in my favorite club and went with a dude. it was fun, good music, happy people, everything was nice. :) then they started to pump the foam on the floor and it was up to my neck (I'm 6'2). all of a sudden I had like three hands in my pants, took them out, another three followed. it was crazy!

did you tell them you were straight? because that's kind of an aphrodisiac for many. just tell them nicely to stop. doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, lesbian or klingon - some people don't like to be touched by strangers.

DOWN

Banned
At what point in this last exchange did he attack someone who wasn't already attacking him?
He has a tendency to say something vague that baits concern, admits he meant the vague phrase in a disastrous way, then acts like us saying it is disastrous is attacking and judging him. As if he didn't bring it up and as if it wasn't something disastrous and self-destructive, therefore he is the victim even when the situation actually was just him seriously affecting those around him. He hasn't learned from our past attempts to be helpful. He just accused us of being vindictive for our responses to him bringing up his very own vindictive behavior against women he cheated around with.

Either he needs to work on his real life, as we all should, or just use discretion in how he shares it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom