• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

"We all have the right to celebrate the way of life we have chosen for ourselves. In the name of equality & equal rights, I have created this event to celebrate our right to be heterosexual, and to encourage younger heterosexuals that they should be proud of their heterosexuality.”
I think it's pretty obvious the way he thinks about gay people, especially doing something as insensitive as this and then trying to shame gay people.

A lot of heterosexuals don’t want their pictures taken because they are scared of the LGBT community. Look at the way they have treated me.
The dude clearly has an agenda and isn't doing this for "equality". Neither are any of the people who campaign for "straight pride". It's a pathetic excuse to allow them to cover up how malicious their actual feelings are.

Can I express how happy I am that you're posting again.

03o2EWo.gif

Spyware

Ugh. All that straight pride stuff makes me so... tired. Just... bwuh.
In the Webhallen Facebook post about the Gaystation + friends pride decals they added "To be upset that there is no Straight Pride festival is like being upset that you don't get a Blue Shell in Mario Kart when you're in first place" :D

Heya! :)
What's going on?
Hey!
Heh. That question (or the "what's up" variant) always makes me go quiet. I just never know what someone expects as an answer. I have basically no idea what the actual question is.

huh? a site where they shame fat people or adore them?
Shame, as in there are multiple "fun sites" on the internet that is basically only about posting photos of fat people and laughing at them/how they dress/whatever they are doing. It's horrible. :(

Coca Cola, Pepsi and all other carbonated cola manufacturers: you have failed. I am free!
I almost got to that point two years ago and then I got a really bad flu. When my throat gets that way, the only thing that really helps is carbonated stuff. ...and when I feel shit I want sweet stuff so I got hooked again :(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit late, but hello to Shokifer and Spyware! Welcome to the thread! :D

In less cheerful news, here's a painful article that I just came across about being gay in Iraq. If you have a few minutes, I recommend it: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33565055

I wish I could understand violence and hatred and all these things because stories like this just leave me confused about what it means to be human.

KNT-Zero, given the new context you provided, I think it's best you move on. I don't think what you've done is beyond repair necessarily, but he seems happy with a new person.

I'm a bit late, but hello to Shokifer and Spyware! Welcome to the thread! :D

In less cheerful news, here's a painful article that I just came across about being gay in Iraq. If you have a few minutes, I recommend it: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33565055

I wish I could understand violence and hatred and all these things because stories like this just leave me confused about what it means to be human.

That part of the world is so screwed up. It's sad, but hardly a surprise tbh.

Hey!
Heh. That question (or the "what's up" variant) always makes me go quiet. I just never know what someone expects as an answer. I have basically no idea what the actual question is.
Heh, just wanted to welcome you to the thread is all. :p
Also was mainly curious about of anything of note was going on in your life. It's mainly just an icebreaker question.

DOWN

Banned
I'm drinking liquid candy aka Game Fuel at 37° and have no intentions of quitting the good caffeinated hits. Also I thinks it's the most beautiful scarlet color.

tumblr_n5d7quwhc21r24izlo1_500.jpg

daripad

Ok I said that I wouldn't use Grindr ever in my entire life but being in a different city made curious about things here and... I found that most guys in the app are either skinny or have very nice bodies (well, skinny guys have great bodies too). Being the only fat guy there I definitely had to bail out ;__;

I think Chris Meloni gets hotter with age. I think he was my first muscle dad crush after seeing him in his underwear all the time on Law and Order. Now hes super daddy in True Blood.

Vlu5jHX.png

CqOzuVU.jpg

I almost got to that point two years ago and then I got a really bad flu. When my throat gets that way, the only thing that really helps is carbonated stuff. ...and when I feel shit I want sweet stuff so I got hooked again :(

I'm drinking liquid candy aka Game Fuel at 37° and have no intentions of quitting the good caffeinated hits. Also I thinks it's the most beautiful scarlet color.

[im]http://41.media.tumblr.com/f905a8c470ac177399c2132d5d43b151/tumblr_n5d7quwhc21r24izlo1_500.jpg[/img]

Be strong! Don't give in to diabetic bliss.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think Ive finally broken my coke habit. It tastes so sugary now that its hard to even finish a can. I could try snorting it or free basing but I dont think Id like it any more.

Coca Cola, Pepsi and all other carbonated cola manufacturers: you have failed. I am free!

good going dood, soft drinks are vile

I think Chris Meloni gets hotter with age. I think he was my first muscle dad crush after seeing him in his underwear all the time on Law and Order. Now hes super daddy in True Blood.

Vlu5jHX.png

CqOzuVU.jpg

He made a very strong impression on me 10 years ago, which was right before and a while after I realized I was gay.

VegiHam

Disgusting.

One of us, one of us!

Turns out if I make my goal 'earn as much cash as possible while dressed like a doctor' then I have fun. None of this relaxing in a stress free town bullshit for me, I'm a serious business mayor. I'm all about investing in the local economy and maximising profit margins.

Also, sometimes I have a can of coke as an alternative to a chocolate bar or something and I really enjoy it; fight me.

DOWN

Banned
wtf i miss game fuel so much :( i want it
Get get it
$8 on Amazon for 15 bottles (sold by Amazon themselves)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV6YBDO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
One of the earliest I can remember too. SVU was the place to be.

Also odd that the pics are the same lighting, angle, and situation but different scenes

Ok I said that I wouldn't use Grindr ever in my entire life but being in a different city made curious about things here and... I found that most guys in the app are either skinny or have very nice bodies (well, skinny guys have great bodies too). Being the only fat guy there I definitely had to bail out ;__;

Hey, just because they're skinny doesn't mean they only like other skinny guys.

People like a wide range of body types.

Fat > skinny, at least for cuddling.

Vlu5jHX.png

CqOzuVU.jpg

He has the best butt on TV, can't stop staring at it.

Spyware

Heh, just wanted to welcome you to the thread is all. :p
Also was mainly curious about of anything of note was going on in your life. It's mainly just an icebreaker question.

Ah, okay! Well my health is bad so I'm basically just trying to get through that. Don't know if it's something I'll get through tho, so... bwuh.
Got a puppy to help me a bit :) He's in an awkward moustache-in-eyes phase atm.

Be strong! Don't give in to diabetic bliss.
Okay! No more. I'm gonna report my progress here!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Got a puppy to help me a bit :) He's in an awkward moustache-in-eyes phase atm.

Your dog! So cute! What breed is he/she? Or possibly a mutt?

Good luck with your health issues! I hope you find a way to get better!

Shinobix

I'm pretty happy right now. Finished writing a manuscript that I'm submitting to an important pediatrics journal (hope they accept it!) and just bought tickets to watch It Follows with friends.

Spyware

Your dog! So cute! What breed is he/she? Or possibly a mutt?

Good luck with your health issues! I hope you find a way to get better!

Moriarty is a 6 month old purebred Havanese :D He's helped me get through some really rough days already.

Yeah I hope so too. Today is a good day mentally but my body is a wreck :( days like this I think too much about how impossible it feels so I mostly just have to try to get over that feeling and keep fighting.

I'm pretty happy right now. Finished writing a manuscript that I'm submitting to an important pediatrics journal (hope they accept it!) and just bought tickets to watch It Follows with friends.
Ooh, I'm gonna "hold my thumb" for you then! (this is what swedes do instead of crossing fingers :D)

KNT-Zero

Ok guys, nice gifs and all, but you dont have to be that mean... im trying to learn from my mistakes here. i havent been a good person and I want to become a better version of myself.

That said, yeah, I was kind of a dick.

Dany

Banned
7CINCZNm.jpg

cutie and i bored at six flags

It was really a tons of fun and my 6,7 year old niece/nephew fell in love with him and were playing along, it was so cute. The rides were great, we both got tan and we had funnel cake. He had a lot of fun meeting my family :) yay

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
7CINCZNm.jpg

cutie and i bored at six flags

It was really a tons of fun and my 6,7 year old niece/nephew fell in love with him and were playing along, it was so cute. The rides were great, we both got tan and we had funnel cake. He had a lot of fun meeting my family :) yay

I can't get over how adorable you two are. I'm glad the family meeting went well! I hope the living situation is going smoothly, too! :)

DOWN

Banned
I'm supposed to volunteer tomorrow at the boys and girls club but I get nervous around strangers and don't know what to say to children and it's my day off and it's like 1 hour away and at 10am so I'm not going. RIP that one girl who said she would go and later found out that only her and the creepy manager that no one likes are the ones who confirmed they are going.

halfbeast

Banned

ikr! felt like 90% are more like advertisement bodies. although, people here are very skinny and there are many anorexic who call themselves "muscled" lol. although, don't let that stop you, people messaged me, I'm sure they will contact you too, despite what you may look. :D

(although, I fear they just went through them all... :/ )

good movie. not great, but better than most of the horror crap out there.

I'm supposed to volunteer tomorrow at the boys and girls club but I get nervous around strangers and don't know what to say to children and it's my day off and it's like 1 hour away and at 10am so I'm not going. RIP that one girl who said she would go and later found out that only her and the creepy manager that no one likes are the ones who confirmed they are going.

Id try to find a way to deal with your anxiety because youre bailing on a volunteering committment to serve under privileged kids. Life isnt going to get any easier and youre not going to want to avoid situations in your career and personal life because you let this go untreated. I speak from personal experience so Id hate to see other people make the same mistake. And it can get treated if you just make the decision to change.

halfbeast

Banned
Id try to find a way to deal with your anxiety because youre bailing on a volunteering committment to serve under privileged kids. Life isnt going to get any easier and youre not going to want to avoid situations in your career and personal life because you let this go untreated. I speak from personal experience so Id hate to see other people make the same mistake. And it can get treated if you just make the decision to change.

and how do you treat it?

and how do you treat it?

Make an appointment with your doctor. Theres a few options including talking with a psychiatrist and/or medication. If youre too anxious to speak with a professional you can start with medication while you work with a psychiatrist to change these anxious thought patterns.

DOWN

Banned
To be clear, it doesn't look like I'm bailing. It just looks like I didn't sign up, same as the other 37 out of 40. They like for us to sign up, but as of leaving work tonight it's just two people I don't know well.

And I know people say to confront it so I do much of the time. Volunteered with kids in spring semester for a few events. Technically went fine, but I was definitely not adding to the fun. Volunteered to present a research project a few weeks ago and was told it went well. Just doesn't feel good at all until I get feedback in those situations and I can't fake it through everything. I just know I don't handle kids in a way that makes it fun for anyone and I'm not feeling okay about the people who I'm supposed to be doing it with. I've always planned to hear a psychiatrist analysis of me at some point because I think that's awesome, but I don't have my sights set on medication being a fit for me so it isn't in my short term plan.

daripad

Hey, just because they're skinny doesn't mean they only like other skinny guys.

People like a wide range of body types.

Yeah, but the competition was too good.

Fat > skinny, at least for cuddling.

That's true :p

ikr! felt like 90% are more like advertisement bodies. although, people here are very skinny and there are many anorexic who call themselves "muscled" lol. although, don't let that stop you, people messaged me, I'm sure they will contact you too, despite what you may look. :D

(although, I fear they just went through them all... :/ )

Maybe if I put a photo in there I will get some messages but I didn't do it because I'm just staying here for two more weeks.

But yeah, this is making me realize that if I don't put a lot of effort on my body, I will never be able to date the guys I find attractive. I really have to change my image in order to be more attractive to other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom