• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobix

Eh, I liked It Follows. The
tall guy
freaked me out. I kept what would happen if
a cursed person passed it on to an astronaut. Would it follow to space?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but the competition was too good.

That's true :p

Maybe if I put a photo in there I will get some messages but I didn't do it because I'm just staying here for two more weeks.

But yeah, this is making me realize that if I don't put a lot of effort on my body, I will never be able to date the guys I find attractive. I really have to change my image in order to be more attractive to other guys.

Are you sure about that? I mean, I'm not necessarily aware of any correlation between one's own body type and the body type one finds attractive. For example, my ideal body type is one that I personally can't achieve due to genetics (and thus I won't try to), and the range of body types I find attractive deviates fairly decently from my own. If you are overweight to the point of it being a health concern, then I certainly won't say "No, you must not lose weight!" And yeah, the closer you are to certain mainstream attractive weights/physiques, the wider the net you cast will be. But I definitely wouldn't say you'll never date the guys you want.

This is purely anecdotal evidence, but I listened to a podcast (or something like that...been a while) once on which this muscle daddy guy who identified as a "chubby chaser" was talking about his love life. He said he would approach bigger guys and a lot of them assumed he was only hitting on them as a cruel joke because they didn't actually believe that he would be into them.

halfbeast

Banned
Maybe if I put a photo in there I will get some messages but I didn't do it because I'm just staying here for two more weeks.

But yeah, this is making me realize that if I don't put a lot of effort on my body, I will never be able to date the guys I find attractive. I really have to change my image in order to be more attractive to other guys.

oh, then go all out there, even just to see people's reaction. you probably won't see them again anyway. also, do mention that you're there for a short amount of time and it'll be even easier to meet some folks. just for a drink or something.

This is purely anecdotal evidence, but I listened to a podcast (or something like that...been a while) once on which this muscle daddy guy who identified as a "chubby chaser" was talking about his love life. He said he would approach bigger guys and a lot of them assumed he was only hitting on them as a cruel joke because they didn't actually believe that he would be into them.

can I have his email? :O

Back in Seattle. My friend and I went to a weed store called Hashtag and.. God damn was there a cute as hell guy working there who helped us. My friend and I both kind of got gay vibes off him. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking. We might go back tomorrow. :p

Razmos

Does anyone here believe in the "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me..." reasoning?
I subscribe to the "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" train of thought.

Being serious though, no. And I'm worried as to why you are asking.

VegiHam

Back in Seattle. My friend and I went to a weed store called Hashtag and.. God damn was there a cute as hell guy working there who helped us. My friend and I both kind of got gay vibes off him. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking. We might go back tomorrow. :p
Go ask him out! Now! Track him down to his house, follow him around, whatever is necessary!
Does anyone here believe in the "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me..." reasoning?
I don't see any justification for it unless you're a super villain. Seems needlessly cruel and petty.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I think Chris Meloni gets hotter with age. I think he was my first muscle dad crush after seeing him in his underwear all the time on Law and Order. Now hes super daddy in True Blood.

Vlu5jHX.png
Did you ever see Oz?

I think you mean Oz, but yes, he's very hot.
Speaking of which.

That show was weird as hell. Tobby was so cute and the passionate kissing with Beecher (Meloni) made me feel too many kinds of sensations. :?

hello new page

hFkan6j.jpg
Why you do this to me?

Reminds me that I haven't frequented the boyfriend twin tumblr in a while.

http://boyfriendtwin.tumblr.com/

Symphonia

Banned
I would hope not.
Why not?

Being serious though, no. And I'm worried as to why you are asking.
Nothing too vindictive, but something has happened between two female friends and myself. There is all out war against me from both sides. I know secrets about each of them. Way I see it, if they want to start shit, then they best be able to take it.

I don't see any justification for it unless you're a super villain. Seems needlessly cruel and petty.
Not given the circumstances.

Only with group projects. Also please give us context.
It's hella complicated. Both want me, one was with me, I fooled around with the other, the first found out but still doesn't know half the shit about the other. Here's the twist - they're friends. Like, BFFs. The jobs done, anyway. If I'm going down, I'm taking them both with me.

I just ended my best friendship of 8 years just now and I feel empty inside.
She said I wasn't interesting anymore to hang out with anymore.
I want to cry.

I need a hug and someone to talk to. :(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I want to cry.

*hug hug hug*

I have to sleep now, but my inbox is open. Her words don't sound nice, yet I'm sure it's very complicated. I hope things get better soon. Try to go to bed if it's late where you are. Crying can be helpful. I'm sure many of us here are willing to listen.

I'm sorry.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

I just feel left behind and dumb right now. This sucks because I still enjoyed hanging out with her. :(

I guess she just needed someone more intellectually more on her level with her interests.

I've known for a year or so now but to hear it being said just took the wind out of my sails, y know?

Thanks Kirby. Can't sleep right now. Trying to watch some TV to take my mind off of it.

Are there any Invader Zim fans here? I LOVE the show but been outta the loop. A buddy went to comic-con and got me all excited saying that they revealed a revival for the show, but all I see when search google is a new comic issue for it. (Still awesome, but that's not exactly a new season on TV.)

I'm supposed to volunteer tomorrow at the boys and girls club but I get nervous around strangers and don't know what to say to children and it's my day off and it's like 1 hour away and at 10am so I'm not going. RIP that one girl who said she would go and later found out that only her and the creepy manager that no one likes are the ones who confirmed they are going.

Not to sound trite, but just think of when you were a kid and had to interact with an older guidance/authority figure of some sort that was also a young-adult. Show interest in what they're interested in, make them feel cool but not patronizing, etc.

I want to cry.

I'm sorry. :/

Is this a sudden outta the blue thing, or is it typical behavior from this person? Did both of your responsibilities, life-focus, interests change? It sucks, but people grow apart. I know it won't seem soothing now, but you're bound to find a friend that offers more reciprocity.

VegiHam

It's hella complicated. Both want me, one was with me, I fooled around with the other, the first found out but still doesn't know half the shit about the other. Here's the twist - they're friends. Like, BFFs. The jobs done, anyway. If I'm going down, I'm taking them both with me.
So you cheated on a girl with her BFF and now want to destroy them both?
I want to cry.

That's a shitty thing to say, OMG. Digital hug go! ...not that that's really any help

I'm sorry. :/

Is this a sudden outta the blue thing, or is it typical behavior from this person? Did both of your responsibilities, life-focus, interests change? It sucks, but people grow apart. I know it won't seem soothing now, but you're bound to find a friend that offers more reciprocity.
Not really, no.
I've suspected for about a year or two now and it also seemed to coincide with her heading off to school, I guess with finding new friends who are more in tune with her interests.
She kept making excuses as to why we couldn't hang out and I just got more and more frustrated.

It's not like my interests have changed or anything, she's just been more busy and focused.

And yes, if this had happened a year ago when she was my only major friend, I would probably be depressed for quite some time. It still sucks though. :(

DOWN

Banned
sounds wild and I guess it's too late to say take the high road
Not to sound trite, but just think of when you were a kid and had to interact with an older guidance/authority figure of some sort that was also a young-adult. Show interest in what they're interested in, make them feel cool but not patronizing, etc.
I don't mean I'm socially oblivious, I mean that I lock up and can't say "cool" and force reactions for them. I don't know what to ask them and I can't say "wow" when they tell me they got a dollar for their tooth. I get quiet on the outside and really nervous wanting someone else to take the lead when I get in these situations. I used to babysit and I would pick stuff where I wouldn't have to talk about anything random by playing a video game or telling them to draw something. The conversation and verbal reaction just doesn't flow from me when I'm around kids.
Not really, no.
I've suspected for about a year or two now and it also seemed to coincide with her heading off to school, I guess with finding new friends who are more in tune with her interests.

It's not like my interests have changed or anything, she's just been more busy and focused.

And yes, if this had happened a year ago when she was my only major friend, I would probably be depressed for quite some time. It still sucks though. :(
Good you have more than her in your social life. Sorry to hear there's a mess but you'll make it of course

Symphonia

Banned
So you cheated on a girl with her BFF and now want to destroy them both?
Technically, I was never really 'with' her. She was the long distance girl. So is it really cheating? I don't know. I do feel like a dick but, really, I'm not the only one to blame for this.

Vitanimus

Why not?

Nothing too vindictive, but something has happened between two female friends and myself. There is all out war against me from both sides. I know secrets about each of them. Way I see it, if they want to start shit, then they best be able to take it.

Not given the circumstances.

wtf? so... you were in a long distance thing with one girl, which you're now saying you're not sure even counts, you casually don't mention you have a child... you then cheat on her with her... best friend? and now because you've been caught out, you want to spill sensitive information... to make yourself feel better...? am I getting this right? I need you to explain how you ever thought this was remotely okay

I want to cry.

This sucks, I'm sorry. I'm kinda at a crossroads myself with some people who just blatantly don't make the effort and just wanna cut them off so I don't feel obligated to care

Razmos

Technically, I was never really 'with' her. She was the long distance girl. So is it really cheating? I don't know. I do feel like a dick but, really, I'm not the only one to blame for this.
The one you kept going on about? the one you were with for quite a while and ended because you were keeping secrets?
How did that not count?

And what are they actually trying to do to you anyway? You said it's an all out war against you from both sides, what are they doing?

And did you actually cheat on her while you were together but it "didn't count" because she was long distance? if so, jesus.

You sound really sad and petty. I hope they realize you aren't worth it and come out stronger for it.

But I suppose you aren't done explaining. How did they exploit you in all this?

Vitanimus

if it's biforce, expect a vague post about something, cue a few people inquiring about said vague post, then explaining something relatively significant as a casual thing

Razmos

if it's biforce, expect a vague post about something, cue a few people inquiring about said vague post, then explaining something relatively significant as a casual thing

I still haven't determined if you're for real, or if all of this crap is a character you're trying to play on the internet that you resume role-playing whenever you need to be the center of attention again.
tumblr_m28psqBTzG1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Symphonia

Banned
I was for real, but I did some thinking. I apologised to them both, told them I made it all up, and that I accept full responsibility for my actions.

I still haven't determined if you're for real, or if all of this crap is a character you're trying to play on the internet that you resume role-playing whenever you need to be the center of attention again.

This, so much. I don't mean to be rude but it all comes off as some joke character that someone is playing. There are a lot of people who do it in other topics on GAF and it wouldn't surprise me if it happens in here too.

I don't mean I'm socially oblivious, I mean that I lock up and can't say "cool" and force reactions for them. I don't know what to ask them and I can't say "wow" when they tell me they got a dollar for their tooth. I get quiet on the outside and really nervous wanting someone else to take the lead when I get in these situations. I used to babysit and I would pick stuff where I wouldn't have to talk about anything random by playing a video game or telling them to draw something. The conversation and verbal reaction just doesn't flow from me when I'm around kids.

I've worked with kids since I was 19, now I'm 33. I have a lot of experience socializing and communicating on their level, and I'm pretty damn good at it, but I was never that way. I used to be super shy and had the same reactions I think you're having. The thing with kids is they're always looking for a role model, someone to look up to and talk to about their interests. Find some common ground and it will just come naturally. For me, my interest in video games is the ice breaker. Kids LOVE talking about video games just as much as Gaffers.

Bladenic

This explanation would make everything HILARIOUS.

If not, then psychopathy seems plausible.

Symphonia

Banned
So because I have shit going on in my life, it makes me mentally deranged? Fuck you. Calling someone mental who, in fact, does suffer from a mental disorder is really fucking low. I told you I'd apologised to them both and acknowledged I was the prick in all this.

Vitanimus

So because I have shit going on in my life, it makes me mentally deranged? Fuck you, you obnoxious prick. Calling someone mental who, in fact, does suffer from a mental disorder is really fucking low. I told you I'd apologised to them both and acknowledged I was the prick in all this.

shit that you create...? you've literally gone from "yeah I cheated on my girl if that's what you want to call it, what's the big deal" to "how dare you call me out on my shit that I spew every other page" in just a few posts. whew

mir777

So because I have shit going on in my life, it makes me mentally deranged? Fuck you. Calling someone mental who, in fact, does suffer from a mental disorder is really fucking low. I told you I'd apologised to them both and acknowledged I was the prick in all this.

To be fair, he wasn't calling you mental in a general sense. He was more trying to diagnose which specific mental disorder you had.

berzeli

Banned
Okay, so I mostly try to stay out discussions like these (and especially when things turn catty), but Biforce I think it might be a good idea to stop posting on gaf for a while. Or at least maybe not be as prolific when it comes to your personal life, it does not seem to do you any good and you do not seem particularly interested in what we have to say.

You've mentioned more than once about how you have "shit going on in your life" but seem unwilling/unable to recognise how your actions and behaviour feed into said "shit". And like I've already said gaf is seemingly not helping you in the slightest, so try to find a more constructive way (therapy, AA, reliable friends, etc.) to discuss whatever issues you face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom