• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Do you think that someone that did pretty well in the Fire Emblem GBA games would be able to get through Conquest? I've heard it has a higher difficulty but map variety does sound pretty good.

I mean, I haven't played it; but apparently it's comparable to the (first two) GBA games and the first half of Radiant Dawn in difficulty; along with sharing their structure which prohibits free grinding. But there are still a lot of ways you can adjust the difficulty depending on your impressions - the option to disable permadeath and use in-battle saves is always there, along with being able to take the overall difficulty level down after you start a file.

I just bought Conquest. I'm an indecisive bitch
and I read about Niles
Good choice, Boo.
Awesome. What are your favorites? Anything recent you like? I got into Shovel Knight not too long ago and I'm kicking myself for not playing it sooner!
Sadly, I'm mostly a retro gamer. I know I would love SK from what I've seen of it, though. I've played through 3D Land and liked that, but I guess that's almost five years old! Time flies by so fast.

DOWN

Banned
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Run Away with Yourself to that Concert, guide me on whether I should go by myself to Carly Rae Jepsen's concert 1.5 hrs away on Wednesday night. My boyfriend is working that night and I believe my other sort of pals around here are working. I work the next morning at 9 am.

I stan Carly Rae. I am all about those damn fine singles of hers: This Kiss, Call Me Maybe, Good Time, Curiosity, I Really Like You (Bleachers Remix), and the grandest of all Run Away With Me, plus many more...

ZKiE6uw.gif

RM8

Hoshido first, Nohr later. Hoshido first because the characters look way, way better, and the Nohr because it apparently plays more like classic FE. I fear it might be underwhelming to play Hoshido after Nohr.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Run Away with Yourself to that Concert, guide me on whether I should go by myself to Carly Rae Jepsen's concert 1.5 hrs away on Wednesday night. My boyfriend is working that night and I believe my other sort of pals around here are working. I work the next morning at 9 am.

I stan Carly Rae. I am all about those damn fine singles of hers: This Kiss, Call Me Maybe, Good Time, Curiosity, I Really Like You (Bleachers Remix), and the grandest of all Run Away With Me, plus many more...

Get tickets and go, you'll regret it. I usually go to concerts and have to work the next morning at 6am, and I'm in my 30s. You're young, you can handle it. From what I've seen, her live show looks great. Can't wait to hear the E•MO•TION songs live in March.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
do i pre-load FE Fates Birthright

fuck

should i do it

fuck

i enjoyed the GBA FE games and the GC FE game

idk

You have to download a specific version? For some reason, I thought the digital version was just the neutral game and then you download the path you chose (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation) after making the pivotal choice.

Good choice, Boo.

Sadly, I'm mostly a retro gamer. I know I would love SK from what I've seen of it, though. I've played through 3D Land and liked that, but I guess that's almost five years old! Time flies by so fast.

Whoa, I didn't realize that 3D Land is almost 5 years old. Where does the time go...

Hoshido first, Nohr later. Hoshido first because the characters look way, way better, and the Nohr because it apparently plays more like classic FE. I fear it might be underwhelming to play Hoshido after Nohr.

This is my plan. But I think I'll have to take long breaks between paths since I'm just now working on Awakening and I think I'll have 60-70 hours on my file before I'm done.

Golnei

my state's governor just ordered flags to be half massed for Scalia...gross

On the bright side, that makes them easier to tear down.

I think I'll just make two files and alternate between them on a per-chapter basis; then come back to the avatar I end up liking more and do Revelation with them.

In four months.

_Isaac

Fire Emblem would seem way more interesting if I was able to walk around and explore towns and environments like it's a big adventure. Right now it looks like it's just text cutscenes and a lot of battles. Never played a Fire Emblem game, and that's the main reason I'm on the fence about it.

_Isaac

this made me chuckle. im actually up doing some work ive been putting off over the weekend sadface

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with homework all-nighters. I remember after I graduated, Sunday nights felt weird because I always had a lingering feeling like I was supposed to be working on some homework.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with homework all-nighters. I remember after I graduated, Sunday nights felt weird because I always had a lingering feeling like I was supposed to be working on some homework.

its a sign that you should go back to school

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
We've been visiting Vancouver for a few days. Aside from the terrible weather, it's been quite enjoyable; nice to see a lot more of the city than the last time I was up here (five years ago when I first moved to Seattle). Too bad it's such an absurdly expensive area to live in...

this actually isn't an all-nighter type of work, i just procrastinated like hell lol. yeah but im ready to do away with high school all together. only a few months left

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A bit of a story.

A gay person--a friend--recently declared his feelings for me. Since I am a straight guy, I rejected him and I, maybe unfortunately... did so by saying something like "I am sorry but I am straight" and.... he took offense to it, accusing me of accusing him as "abnormal". And I guess he now sees me as a bigot or something like that.

I was honestly shocked by his reaction. Is it that bad to reject him and cite the reason for doing so is because I'm straight...? Is it really that morally questionable...?

_Isaac

this actually isn't an all-nighter type of work, i just procrastinated like hell lol. yeah but im ready to do away with high school all together. only a few months left

Do you think you'll be going to college?
A bit of a story.

A gay person--a friend--recently declared his feelings for me. Since I am a straight guy, I rejected him and I, maybe unfortunately... did so by saying something like "I am sorry but I am straight" and.... he took offense to it, accusing me of accusing him as "abnormal". And I guess he now sees me as a bigot or something like that.

I was honestly shocked by his reaction. Is it that bad to reject him and cite the reason for doing so is because I'm straight...? Is it really that morally questionable...?

Nope. I don't think you did anything wrong. I think he just took it REALLY badly. I always tell gay guys with straight crushes to never mention it to him.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope. I don't think you did anything wrong. I think he just took it REALLY badly. I always tell gay guys with straight crushes to never mention it to him.

I really felt like a shitty person :/

Especially where I live, it takes enormous amount of courage to declare yourself as a gay person :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
A bit of a story.

If that's really all you said to him, then I'd say he overreacted.

Meicyn

Gold Member
It's not. He's probably scared and needs some reassurance from you that you're still friends. His lashing out may have simply been him not knowing how to deal with that rejection.

Best thing you could do is go hang out with him like you always do. Let him know you care. Hell, give him a hug.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's not. He's probably scared and needs some reassurance from you that you're still friends. His lashing out may have simply been him not knowing how to deal with that rejection.

Best thing you could do is go hang out with him like you always do. Let him know you care. Hell, give him a hug.

Also, this.

Yeah I would say this is probably what's up. And great advice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If that's really all you said to him, then I'd say he overreacted.

Also, this.

Yeah I would say this is probably what's up. And great advice.

Thanks for the advice, guys :)

LOCK

There's a canon gay male couple that was introduced this season, but they've had very minor screentime at this point.
Wait, who is this? I watch The 100 and I don't remember a new gay couple?

I want to also say that I like the show. This season has started interesting to say the least.

I hate Bellamy did what he did and I don't really like the conflict they want to start with the downers

Sheik and I were watching episode 3 and we both peaced out and died at the
bowing scene. It doesn't get any better or gayer than dropping to your knees and vowing an oath of not-marriage.

There's a canon gay male couple that was introduced this season, but they've had very minor screentime at this point. Still, as far as LGBT+ representation goes it has been surprisingly great lately, and while it's probably not the kind of thing y'all are looking for, it's been super refreshing for me to watch a show where: 1) the main character is bisexual and not portrayed as an amalgam of bisexual cliches, 2) her [female] love interest is actually a complex and interesting character in her own right whose gayness is irrelevant, 3) they're blatantly the "main" romantic coupling of the show rn and have received shocking amounts of screentime and care in building their relationship this season, 4) both characters are strong womenz who are admired leaders of their people and central to the mythos of the show, 5) nobody gives a fuck about sexuality (in a good way) because its a science fiction future and also not a gay bubble world like Queer as Folk or The L Word and 6) none of the gays are tragically dead yet holy shit!!!

It's sad that this is all so exciting for me, but it's also basically unprecedented, especially on network TV. Especially as it started out as this kind of shitty teenybopper sci-fi show that gradually increased in quality and expanded its scope and ambition in ways I didn't really expect. Anyway tho, I don't really care to try and sell more people on it than I already have. I just wanted to get that out there, lol.

Edit: oh fuck top of the page someone post a hot guy

I'd like to know of this gay male couple that you're referring to. I might even start watching the show again because of it.

Miller and his boyfriend. It was mentioned briefly in the premiere and then you saw them in the most recent episode, but apparently a lot of people missed it.

They're like super minor so I wouldn't recommend watching the show just for that if you weren't otherwise interested, lol.

Hmm, Nathan's pretty cute. Even just knowing that he's gay is a turn on. But if it's as minor as you say, I probably won't go back to watching it.

daripad

Today is my birthday, I'm closer to gay death. 👴🏾
I'm having an exam today, what a way to shit on my birthday :v

Of course, I got SFV on Amazon but it won't come until the weeken, which is fine by me because I wasn't going to be able to play it for the rest of the week. Hot Ryu shall be mine!

I'm sorta interested in SFV, but only casually. I'm not a competitive player at all.

But then again, Fire Emblem is this Friday and I still have yet to play through Tomb Raider on PC even though I bought it at launch.

Grakl

Today is my birthday, I'm closer to gay death. 👴🏾
I'm having an exam today, what a way to shit on my birthday :v

Of course, I got SFV on Amazon but it won't come until the weeken, which is fine by me because I wasn't going to be able to play it for the rest of the week. Hot Ryu shall be mine!
Happy birthday dawg

SFV hella fun, I'm taking it srs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom