• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Omg guys, you've got to help me identify this hat:

kjxXvxu.jpg

I have to have it.

Just teasing, Seath.

Omg guys, you've got to help me identify this hat: [/spoiler]
Why is there a weird belt thing on the ass of his pants? Is that for people with concave asses?

Also, man I should start modeling. I could make so much bank in like a Sears lingerie catalog modeling bras with these voluptuous man-tits of mine. I'd make Hairless Perfect Ass-Boy up there look like a chump.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why is there a weird belt thing on the ass of his pants? Is that for people with concave asses?

Also, man I should start modeling. I could make so much bank in like a Sears lingerie catalog modeling bras with these voluptuous man-tits of mine. I'd make Hairless Perfect Ass-Boy up there look like a chump.

My inbox is open to review your pictures. XOXO

My man tits are DOA Xtreme levels of massive tbh

JCX

Ah, I see, although I don't think most of the 100% top types suffer from these, I could be wrong. Totally makes sense though.

I think the best way to wrap everything up is that regardless of whether you're straight or gay or black or whatever, everyone and everything is terrible and awful and we should all be ashamed.

Nah son. My experience dating as a gay black man is different than a white gay man's experience. It isn't just "everyone is bad". It's worth exploring these experiences so we can better understand the biases within the community so we can work toward solutions. I do agree that pain is inescapable though!

Tuck

Ah, I see, although I don't think most of the 100% top types suffer from these, I could be wrong. Totally makes sense though.

Oh for sure, I'd say its a very very tiny minority of people who have a legitimate excuse like that. I'm just saying its possible, is all.

Nah son. My experience dating as a gay black man is different than a white gay man's experience. It isn't just "everyone is bad". It's worth exploring these experiences so we can better understand the biases within the community so we can work toward solutions. I do agree that pain is inescapable though!

I didn't really mean anything by what I said there beyond "I want to segway towards talking about how shitty this shitty shit wine is and turns out it's shitty", but I don't disagree with what you're saying.

When I was younger, I dated this guy for a couple months and one thing that really confused me and I guess struck a cord was he told me once "I didn't think you'd want to actually be with me because I'm black" and at the time I couldn't wrap my head around that. Even the way he said it to me it was like it was some weird taboo that a white guy would be attracted to a black guy. I remember I even laughed in his face because that just seemed ridiculous to me at the time. I look back on it now and I feel really bad; I never really got him to talk about why he thought that way or really tried to understand.

To help squish his luscious cheeks together, duh.
Hmm... I'd prefer the lift and separate approach myself. Or perhaps it's for after you've gained access inside the vault and you tighten the security belt to enhance the situation.

I need an empirical study done on this.

A part of it is the community (or rather the experiences I have had with it) and a part of it (perhaps a big part) is me. Ok, looks like its self reflection time!

It frequently feels hyper sexualized, which is fun is small doses, but a bit... shallow in large ones. Theres a big emphasis on sleeping around, partying, and I've met more gays than I can count who are big on open relationships. Big no no for me (As in, I don't want one, not other people can't have one). I'm more of a find one right match and settle down kind of guy.

Theres also the fact that everything needs a label. We have so many labels that we need another label to describe all the labels. Before you even say your name, the person wants to know top/bottom bear/cub/twink leather/bdsm etc etc. Fun actendote: I was at a party once and this guy I've never even met comes up to me, points at three people and is like "So, do you think they're tops or bottoms? i think they're bottoms." And I'm like wdf, why does it matter, how should I know and why should I care.

The community also has a bit of a not-really-a-secret racism problem.

I've met a lot of people who live and breathe being gay, yet to me, being gay is a small (but certainly importantly) part of me. I go to gay events in the hope I'll find a partner, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't bother if I was dating someone. Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of nice people (And lots of cold, unfriendly ones, when I was back at school, but I digress). They just aren't people I have much in common with.

Ultimately, that sense of belonging just isn't there. Its fun to interact with the gay community from time to time. Certainly its fun to post on GAF, you all seem cool, and its nice to talk about gay stuff occasionally. But I have a general apathy towards all of it. I see it almost like something I have to deal with, rather than something I want to deal with.

Ok, you can call me an asshole now.

A lot of what you said kind of holds true for me in some ways or at least in some respects used to. Especially in regards to the sense of belonging...I've found sometimes I've had to act in ways I didn't want to just to fit in. But then I suppose until we become really close with people a lot of us tend to do that in little ways. Also I tend to be emotionally closed off till I know someone realllyyyy well so that probably doesn't help with not feeling like belonging to a group.

I've only recently made a good group of lgbt friends I feel more of a sense of belonging with, maybe it was just knowing them for a while that helped! With university societies you do come across such a variety of people though and I feel lucky to still be able to meet new people like this (even if they are now up to 6 years younger to me as my course is loooong). I worry how easy it will be to meet people afterwards who are lgbt! Guess engaging with the local LGBT centre is a step towards that.

I dunno how old you are but maybe all of this kind of stuff will get toned down as you meet older lgbt folk. What the youth does is always more vocal and more focussed upon in the LGBT community.

-----------------------

Any of you Vegan btw?

I've decided to go Vegan from next week (yeh yeh typical huh)...at least for whatever I cook at home. I'll cut down eating out to being totally vegan by the end of the year!!

When I came out, I had no idea what I was because I hadn't had sex yet. Even more, having done both, I do not know why a person would stick to just one unless they're particularly selfish, especially in a relationship. I definitely prefer one over the other, but neither is a hard pass.

Even worse, some guys are so strict that if you ever bottomed once, even if you top now, "you're a bottom and I only want tops". It's not something you can tell without me telling you.
Ignoring the second paragraph since some people are just simply unreasonable, I'm convinced that everyone is different on the former point. To me, at least, one act is about as desirable as having sex with a woman. (I.e. not at all.) Even without having done anything. I know it about as innately as I know I am gay without having pursued any homosexual relationships. I wish it weren't the case, but I guess it's a bit of a spectrum in terms of what interests you and how flexible you are with those things.
Ultimately, that sense of belonging just isn't there. Its fun to interact with the gay community from time to time. Certainly its fun to post on GAF, you all seem cool, and its nice to talk about gay stuff occasionally. But I have a general apathy towards all of it. I see it almost like something I have to deal with, rather than something I want to deal with.
Personally, at least, I have found that one's sexuality as a common point for finding friendship has not been the strongest tying force (or meant that there was necessarily much else in common, even if that may be the case for any community). But I'm probably jaded by negative experiences I've had, as well.

None of those are available near me, but thanks for the suggestions just the same~ <3
Check out Rekorderlig cider if you can. They have a range of flavours like my favourite is wild berry, or strawberry and lime. It is on the sweeter side but not too much.

EDIT: I see an article that it's in the US now.

FADS Fun Sticks, formerly known as FAGS, and later FADS, are a brand of candy cigarette made by Riviera Confectionery (a division of Fyna Foods Australia) in Victoria, Australia. First produced as FAGS (Australian slang for cigarettes) in 1943,[1] during the 1990s, the product was renamed FADS amidst concerns of it promoting smoking to children, as well as pejorative connotations of the word. During the 2000s, "Fun Sticks" was added to the name to further distance the product from its connection to cigarettes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FADS_Fun_Sticks

Also there is a sign at a car mechanic that I would pass that just has FAG printed on it. I don't know what it is but I assume it is a car part brand.

Check out Rekorderlig cider if you can. They have a range of flavours like my favourite is wild berry, or strawberry and lime. It is on the sweeter side but not too much.

EDIT: I see an article that it's in the US now.

#TeamKopparberg
#TeamOldMout

All 3 are great :3

I haven't had that before.

I see some criticism of both of these brands as not technically being cider but rekorderlig is still great and I'm sure Kopparberg is too.

http://petebrown.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/alcopop-drink-that-dare-not-speak-its.html?m=1
Alcohol snobs are the worst

Who cares if it's actually cider or not? Does it taste nice? Then drink it and enjoy it

The word is still kind of gross in that context lol, but for different reasons.
True, but at least it's not purely hateful

I haven't had that before.

I see some criticism of both of these brands as not technically being cider but rekorderlig is still great and I'm sure Kopparberg is too.

http://petebrown.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/alcopop-drink-that-dare-not-speak-its.html?m=1

I have tried normal cider or the more 'authentic ones'. I think Rattler is one, I found it too strong for me!

#TeamOldMout

All 3 are great :3

Alcohol snobs are the worst

Tbh I stick to white wine mostly. I find sugary ciders too sweet and other alcoholic drinks too strong

giphy.gif

Oh, Cider talk. Try Somersby. It always gives me a nice buzz.

somersby-overview.png

Ooo I've tried their pear flavour!

Tbh I stick to white wine mostly. I find sugary ciders too sweet and other alcoholic drinks too strong

giphy.gif

I like you.

I really should try more beers. The ones I have tried don't seem that satisfying to me. As much of a variety of beer we have at the Total Wine, I always veer towards the wine section first and blow my budget on that. Even then every time I do look at their beer section I get lost and confused and I have no idea what I should buy.

Kater

Banned
Ooo I've tried their pear flavour!
Yeah it's pretty good. Shame those sales on Cider only happen during July and August (&#8364;1,- per bottle if you buy two or more) at Spar.

Pear cider is amazing, blackberry not so much
Blackberry is okay, but I wouldn't drink more than one of them.

I like you.

I really should try more beers. The ones I have tried don't seem that satisfying to me. As much of a variety of beer we have at the Total Wine, I always veer towards the wine section first and blow my budget on that. Even then every time I do look at their beer section I get lost and confused and I have no idea what I should buy.
Try this one.

packshot-dark-tablet.png

It's my go-to beer, not too expensive either and tastes good.

Zalasta

Even more, having done both, I do not know why a person would stick to just one unless they're particularly selfish, especially in a relationship.

I know people who are gay but have no interest in penis, either as a bottom or servicing orally. I don't know if that makes them selfish or not, but these guys tend to identify as alpha, they enjoy dominating other men but not the other way around.

Ironically my boyfriend who I don't consider as gay would reciprocate without me asking, I think he would even bottom if I ever wanted to try.

I have hemorrhoid and it doesn't stop me from bottoming.

Vazduh

Try this one.

packshot-dark-tablet.png

It's my go-to beer, not too expensive either and tastes good.

Tried it recently and was a bit disappointed, tbh. Not bad, but if I had to opt for a Czech beer, dark Kozel is the beer to go. It is a bit more expensive than dark Bud, but it's better IMHO.

Staropramen is also very good, and not expensive.

However, that cider you linked is a good one. If there's no Somersby in the store, this one'll also do.

The honey-flavored one is not available in Croatia yet, but the others are.

I like you.

<3

I have had a similar experience with beers. And I'm from the UK so supposedly we have the best beers *hides* . With beers I literally don't know wtf I'm doing. My friend kept telling me to get one called 'Becks'...apparently it's the 'gateway' beer...thought it sucked though.

I was on holiday in Naples, Italy recently! OMG the wine there was so cheap and the bottles you'd get would be huge! Oh and it tasted fab too! Me n my pals had 5 days of endless wine ;D

IvorB

Think about how different a straight and gay guy's sexual development are.

Straights grow up, may have a gf in middle/high/college, and get to develop their sexual talents and preferences over time.

Gays (due social stigmas), may not begin romantic pursuits until later in life, and when they do it may start in the closet (no shame to those who are still in it), so you don't get the experience of having a romantic dinner or holding hands while walking down the street.

We're raised on a culture of dating and courtship, but if you just come out into a world dominated by hookup apps, tribe names that require a zoology degree, and unfamiliar relationship types, it's going to be overwhelming.

Even with all the above, I am still part of the community, because I don't want the parts of gay life I hate to be the only kind of life people view as being possible.

I grew up in super anti-gay Africa and all my formative romantic/sexual experiences were pretty traumatic. Younger gay guys in first world countries have it so great compared to back there. Now I've been living in London and gay life here is hard for different reason. It's just a fast food culture where what is on one weekend is yesterday's news the next. I'm just a hopeless romantic at heart and not built for this type of environment. Now I'm all messed up and need therapy :-(. Sometimes I think life would be so much simpler if I was straight and had that whole normal dating/courtship thing you describe. Yeah being gay sucks sometimes...

sad-frog.jpg

Well, at least I don't have to worry about wanting kids. So many of my straight friends have kids by now.

JCX

I know people who are gay but have no interest in penis, either as a bottom or servicing orally. I don't know if that makes them selfish or not, but these guys tend to identify as alpha, they enjoy dominating other men but not the other way around.

Ironically my boyfriend who I don't consider as gay would reciprocate without me asking, I think he would even bottom if I ever wanted to try.

Not having an interest is different than engaging in anal sex, but not being open to being flexible. Obviously if someone is gay but isn't interested in oral that's probably something he should bring up early on in meeting a guy.

Personally, I prefer oral. I could go the rest of my life without doing anal, but if I had a partner who was really into it, I'd do it for them.

Edit: Regarding "selfish" - being selfish is not inherently bad, especially when dealing with thirsty gays who want you to try all manner of things. The goal is to find someone who compliments your selfishness ( ex. A pure top and pure bottom, 2 guys who just love giving and reviving oral, etc)

So I do think it's selfish, but that doesn't make you a bad person. Gotta make sure your needs are addressed.

sparkzero

I have had a similar experience with beers. And I'm from the UK so supposedly we have the best beers *hides* . With beers I literally don't know wtf I'm doing. My friend kept telling me to get one called 'Becks'...apparently it's the 'gateway' beer...thought it sucked though.

If you want to try german beer (the best beers), try Krombacher or Bitburger. Way better than Becks or Warsteiner.
Or drink a wheat beer, which is from bavaria.

Kater

Banned
Tried it recently and was a bit disappointed, tbh. Not bad, but if I had to opt for a Czech beer, dark Kozel is the beer to go. It is a bit more expensive than dark Bud, but it's better IMHO.

Staropramen is also very good, and not expensive.

However, that cider you linked is a good one. If there's no Somersby in the store, this one'll also do.

The honey-flavored one is not available in Croatia yet, but the others are.
I like the dark Budweiser, most other beers in that price range are really not good and it stands out among that crowd.

Haven't seen Kozel anywhere in the stores around here. Maybe one of the bigger stores in the shopping malls around here has it. Have to take a look when I get the chance.

Strongbow is a mediocre Cider imo. We only have three different flavours here in the super market and the gas station has even less, only one (Elderflower).

Vazduh

I like the dark Budweiser, most other beers in that price range are really not good and it stands out among that crowd.

Haven't seen Kozel anywhere in the stores around here. Maybe one of the bigger stores in the shopping malls around here has it. Have to take a look when I get the chance.

Strongbow is a mediocre Cider imo. We only have three different flavours here in the super market and the gas station has even less, only one (Elderflower).

Try it if you get the chance, for sure.

As for Strongbow, it's mediocre, oh yeah. Agree on that, but when there's no other ciders in the store... it does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom