• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
We should just all trade Instagrams and tumblrs and call it a day, guys.

http://aristokitkat.tumblr.com/

I have an account on instagram but there's literally nothing on it.

Not sure, that's what I'm trying to figure out. Fun with our current pace though.

Great work Agent Carter
"Slow and steady wins the race." Mostly it's just about keeping things steady tho. :)

Here's some less flattering selfies so you guys can stop making me feel like I'm prettier than I am.

http://i.imgur.com/iNwoUOj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BgIbbGl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Sb9Cikm.jpg

I need a diet hardcore but I just love food too much. And I have no self control. Welp.
I really dig the photo with the paper crown.

DOWN

Banned
Would you guys consider dating someone at your job/within your company that's a co-worker?
Nope. Like Sai says, only if one of y'all is confirmed to be leaving. I was hooking up with a coworker and thank god he ended up leaving before the whole arrangement ended because it would have been so uncomfortable if he had stayed at the same job. It didn't end bad per day, but super awkward and he had to be cut off.

Zero²

Would you guys consider dating someone at your job/within your company that's a co-worker?
I wouldnt say absolutely not, but since I'm not emotionally balanced enough to handle the possible shitstorm I'd rather not risk it.
But who knows, in love there is no definitive answer.

Rambaldi

absolutely not, at least not if i have any intention of staying with the company for a long period of time.

I'm gonna throw a wrench in everyone else's opinion but my BF and I (together since 2006 btw) both worked for:

Blockbuster/Rhino when they were the same company (different stores)

Gamestop for 8 years each (different stores)

A local record supply warehouse (same building and schedule but different positions)

And finally I got him hired at the place I work now and we are in the same building/place with the same hours. We interact with each other constantly and go home together. It's never been an issue at all but maybe we are just lucky. When we are mad at each other or whatever we leave that shit at home and just work. Our coworkers constantly ask us how we see each other all the time and don't hate one another but I just put professionalism above anything else.

It's never been an issue. Idk. I actually like it most days.

Only if the job was disposable.

Even if it works out, if you see them a lot at work what are you going to do, spend a lot of your work day with them, and then go on to spend your evening with them too? The average married couple doesn't even see each other that much.

edit: unless like Rambaldi that works for you, but I can't really imagine starting something that way. Rambaldi I assume you were already pretty good friends with your bf before you made the transition. But I think getting-to-know someone thrives on some amount of mystery (and romance too, for me, but maybe just to a lesser degree). At least I don't want to be figured out, sharing that much space in addition to the expectations present in social roles can have me viewing the other person as kind of an interloper.

Rambaldi

Only if the job was disposable.

Even if it works out, if you see them a lot at work what are you going to do, spend a lot of your work day with them, and then go on to spend your evening with them too? The average married couple doesn't even see each other that much.

edit: unless like Rambaldi that works for you, but I can't really imagine starting something that way. Rambaldi I assume you were already pretty good friends with your bf before you made the transition. But I think getting-to-know someone thrives on some amount of mystery (and romance too, for me, but maybe just to a lesser degree).

We knew each other but it just worked out. I think if both people are mature enough to handle a relationship then working together shouldn't be an issue. Now I wouldn't recommend fucking your manager or anything of course. That's awkward.

We are here together 8 hours a day but we maybe see each other on our lunch break and a total of maybe 15-20 minutes more than we would when we worked at separate jobs.

My point is that I think it depends on the individuals involved.

I have an interview for a summer internship that I probably didn't prep enough for.

Far too nervous. Knees weak, arms heavy...

There is such a thing as over-preparing, especially depending on what your interview style is. If you're anything like me then 'preparing some', and only some, is pretty much the perfect amount.

Good luck!

We knew each other but it just worked out. I think if both people are mature enough to handle a relationship then working together shouldn't be an issue. Now I wouldn't recommend fucking your manager or anything of course. That's awkward.

We are here together 8 hours a day but we maybe see each other on our lunch break and a total of maybe 15-20 minutes more than we would when we worked at separate jobs.

My point is that I think it depends on the individuals involved.

Absolutely, the question was phrased as a "what would you do", your experience with this is a valuable counterpoint.

I don't think it's necessarily just a matter of maturity, though. I kind of thrive on being able to dissociate myself from my relationships sometimes. That kind of seems like a vacuous statement because obviously everyone does, but for me it's more of 'a thing'. Or at least it is until I am able to formulate reasons for why giving up that sense of freedom is actually preferable to the alternative. Basically I have to reason through my feelings, which takes time and is borne more out of a feeling of commitment to values, which is more late-stage stuff. I don't really feel a strong sense of commitment or purpose through relationships in an immediate way, it's more something I access through my head. I have to be given the opportunity to dumbly realize that I really do feel loyalty for someone after all, through having the space to reflect on it, otherwise it's not that likely to happen.

There is such a thing as over-preparing, especially depending on what your interview style is. If you're anything like me then 'preparing some', and only some, is pretty much the perfect amount.

Good luck!

Thanks. It is a Technical Support internship that requires you to be earning a degree in Comp Sci/Engineering or some related field.

But reading the description it sounds like I'll be at a customer support desk.

edit (got the call mid writing this). It sounds really neat actually. The tech the company works with sounds awesome and useful. It was just a phone screen, and my resume is going to be passed to someone else and they then might schedule an in-person interview which I'd have more time to prepare for.

Arcipello

post shower selfie.. keep them coming guys :p

ERZ1gnO.jpg

KmA

Look how cute everyone is!

I'd post one too but I've basically lost the ability to take selfies with my clothes on lmao.

Kater

Banned

I know of a few people for which it works out. One of them, an older couple (50+) worked in the same building for about 20 years now. So yes, I believe it's managable. Don't have any experience myself, but if I saw an opportunity, I might be inclined to take it, just see where it goes.

Oh, and my mother also does a bit of office work for my father's youth center (taxes, etc) and helps out when there's any festivity planned for the teenagers there (christmas market, summer games and so on). Should also count.

Kater

Banned

Made another 20 selfies or so now, and this one came out rather well, thought I'd share that one too. I'm as pale as Casper the ghost because whenever I went out this Summer the only thing I got was burning red skin, instead of any tan.

No worries, that's enough from me for a while now. 😽

I need to find a pic where I look presentable first. Anyways lots of adorable guys in here.

I bet you'll find one, I still remember your last selfie, the one with the bowtie. Really good shot, and such a warm smile. :3

Edit:

Well found one (of course i just took it)
See. I knew it! Great shot. :) You did lose quite a few pounds since I last saw you, no?

Delio

Made another 20 selfies or so now, and this one came out rather well, thought I'd share that one too. I'm as pale as Casper the ghost because whenever I went out this Summer the only thing I got was burning red skin, instead of any tan.

No worries, that's enough from me for a while now. 😽

I bet you'll find one, I still remember your last selfie, the one with the bowtie. Really good shot, and such a warm smile. :3

Edit:

See. I knew it! Great shot. :) You did lose quite a few pounds since I last saw you, no?

I have. I used to not even be able to button that shirt and not feel like i was in a coffin. Now it's comfortable on me.

Kater

Banned
I have. I used to not even be able to button that shirt and not feel like i was in a coffin. Now it's comfortable on me.

That's incredible. I know that feeling all too well, and how good it is to buy smaller sizes. Good for you, Del. :)

Kater

Banned
I feel like I will never have clear skin. Such a confidence killer. :'(

Do you use products? Someone here might be able to give you advice if you want it. I use very little really, I just wash my face and hands and just avoid picking too much on my face. I also use products but I don't want to recommend something since every skin has their own quirks and you'd best experiment yourself with that (or make an appointment with a dermatologist).

Do you use products? Someone here might be able to give you advice if you want it. I use very little really, I just wash my face and hands and just avoid picking too much on my face. I also use products but I don't want to recommend something since every skin has their own quirks and you'd best experiment yourself with that (or make an appointment with a dermatologist).

I have very sensitive and reactive skin so I have no luck with a lot of products. I've seen a bunch of derms and no luck. They basically told me to keep trying things until something works haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom